• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X and Y Leaks, Releases Early

Status
Not open for further replies.
1380913592680.jpg

Mantyke

Same, and I think personally for me, HGSS will continue to remain my favorite games in the series - no matter what - until another game also includes another region or such massive post-game.

Kanto was arguably shit though. Oh I know, lets make the trainers with level 40+ fight level 10's!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Ohh, the store. I misread, sorry. Yeah, that makes sense.

I can't help but wonder about the guy on Twitter who's claiming they're the one who reported Kosthedin...

I doubt it was a single guy who reported Kosthedin and the store. It would be foolish to assume that Nintendo and other parties involved in creating the games did not have people monitoring the Internet 24/7 looking for leaks, especially considering how much effort they put into coordinating their marketing efforts across various markets for a global release.

Neiteio

I could see Mega Gyarados going pure Water, similar to Mega Gengar going pure Ghost. It's like he's back to his purest fishy form.

But yeah, Water/Dragon would be boss.

Toxi

Banned
Agreed, not to mention that some of the Jotho Pokémon could only be found in Kanto.

How does that make sense?!
I hated how Slugma was limited to Kanto even though it had lame stats. A Pokemon that awesome could have at least been useful earlier.

Oh, and this was the /vp/ post:
Heyo guys, it's the guy who knows Kosthedin in real life, and the guy who knows the store owner who leaked a bunch of copies of x/y personally.

A few people I know have gone down and returned their copies and were talking to the guys at the store about what happened. Some local idiot (Kosthedin) got the game and proceeded to dump pictures and video of absolutely everything on Instagram. Nintendo got pissed, demanded that the store get back all of their copies "however they can," have sent reps up to collect the returned games. One of their demands involved the store get photos of the leaker returning his copy of the game (which they did), and Nintendo may be fining them as much as $2000+ for every copy of the game that they don't get back (last count I heard was, of the 42 copies that were sold, there are still around 16 copies that haven't been returned. At two grand a hit, that's a hell of a fine.) There's a huge pile of legal shit on the go right now, and nobody really knows what's gonna happen with the business or its staff.

The Nintendo rep that was there even said that had it not been for that one asshole posting up everything and leaking shit as he did, everyone who bought the game could have kept their copies to play and nobody would have been bothered (hence why early game drops were never really an issue before).

So basically this one dude is why we can't have nice things.

UberTag

So I am kinda lost... whats the total number of pokemon you actually find in the game (not only the new ones)?
Somewhere along the lines of 450. We'll have a better idea once we know Yveltal's Regional Dex number.
Mountain Dex could wind up ending at 100 instead of 150. Highest known listing is still Beartic at 82.

No - according to the story they're fining the store like $2000+ per copy that wasn't returned to them. Nothing was done to the people who bought the games.

They aso noted was that, if it wasn't for people like Kostdin posting pictures on Instagram, they would've overlooked the street date break since it tends to happen.

Seems fair enough.

80~ is good actually. Don't forget that all have been new Pokemon unrelated to old mons save for Sylveon

80 isn't bad, but I wish it was more since Mega's are just temporary form shifts. At the very least, I hope there are some good 3-stage Pokemon in the lot that we don't know about.

Typing unknown but
FbSiuN6.jpg

Fucking awesome looking. My favorite since Charizard Y.

Oh, and this was the /vp/ post:

Lol, the store breaks street date on 40+ copies of X/Y and they have the audacity to get pissed at a fan who posted pics online?

Velcro Fly

Am I the only one that absolutely digs most of these new pokemon/megas? I think this thread has got me more hyped than anything Nintendo could have done. Ghost is my favorite type and Gengar is my favorite pokemon so seeing both getting a lot of love makes me really happy.

Macka

Kosthedin really was an idiot in how he handled his early copy. Posting on Instagram with his face as the bloody display pic? Lol.

LuuKyK

Somewhere along the lines of 450. We'll have a better idea once we know Yveltal's Regional Dex number.

Dayum, thats a lot. For someone who stopped playing Pokemon for a while and is coming back now (like me), I imagine most of those will be new for me after all. Awesome.

In regards to the store getting fined $2000 per copy. I live in the same city as Kosthedin, my friend's coworker (who isn't Kosthedin) also has a copy so there are definitely multiple copies out floating around. Said coworker also confirmed that the store isn't selling the game anymore since they got in trouble with Nintendo.

The store in question is just a local game store, not a part of a chain or anything. They sell all kinds of old games and systems (Multiple factory sealed old games), so they definitely knew what they were doing when they decided to sell the game early. So serves them right I guess?

On an unreleated note, I've been lurking in this thread since day 1, love seeing all the updates. So happy that my two favourites Ampharos and Gardevoir are getting mega evos!

Dr. Buni

Am I the only one that absolutely digs most of these new pokemon/megas? I think this thread has got me more hyped than anything Nintendo could have done. Ghost is my favorite type and Gengar is my favorite pokemon so seeing both getting a lot of love makes me really happy.

No, I am loving most Pokémon and Megas as well, with very few exceptions like Pyroar, the Rock/Fairy and one or two megas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom