• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| |OT| Volunteer, coordinate, (index), create

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toad.T

Banned
So, I'm not sure if we have to call community OT's as well, but in case we do:

I'm currently making the General Mario series (Mario, DK, Yoshi, Wario) Community OT and am in need of Graphical collaborators. Specifications to be discussed in future conversations. If anyone's interested, or can lend a hand, please give a shout through PM's.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Damn, RoS isn't taken?! Do I dare take this task upon me :3? Aww screw it, let's go!

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls by Yoshichan (17th October) [Collaborators Welcomed]

Launch: Soon'ish!

Not sure if this has been claimed or if I'm allowed to claim it, but here it is in case.

Halo 5 by BraXzy (16th November 2013)

I'm not really sure on the rules of this and I intend no offence but one of the members of HaloGAF usually ends up making the OT. Then proceed to keep it updated wth community news and stuff and usually only HaloGAF post in it when it retires to community.

I don't know if anyone has claimed it yet but just a heads up.

Sophia

Erm, is it really fair to claim something not even announced?

Not that I disagree with you or anything, but tons of people have claimed OTs (or tried to claim OTs anyhow...) for games that haven't been officially announced, or hadn't been announced at the time.

Nemesis_

I have been slacking guys, but I have a good reason! I don't have a computer at the moment, and I'm relegated to only using mobile GAF for now.

I'll be receiving my laptop tomorrow (or maybe even today) and will update as soon as I can.

Volcynika

I agree.

And I am still salty about it, haha.

I mean, I was planning on doing the ZE3 thread since I had done the previous two, but due to the looooooong time between announcements, I was going to wait until it was actually official to say anything about it (things can change pretty quickly and some games never come out, and being a fan of a niche series doesn't always guarantee the games you like will get sequels/etc) but it seems potentially silly to open the door to things that are not official but a "they've mentioned it before" kinda thing. Iono. Whatevs.

I mean, I was planning on doing the ZE3 thread since I had done the previous two, but due to the looooooong time between announcements, I was going to wait until it was actually official to say anything about it (things can change pretty quickly and some games never come out, and being a fan of a niche series doesn't always guarantee the games you like will get sequels/etc) but it seems potentially silly to open the door to things that are not official but a "they've mentioned it before" kinda thing. Iono. Whatevs.

I really didn't mean to step on any toes, believe me. I'll gladly relinquish the thread to you and won't try to go for it when it is announced. Sorry.

Volcynika

I really didn't mean to step on any toes, believe me. I'll gladly relinquish the thread to you and won't try to go for it when it is announced. Sorry.

Did you have any interest in doing the Persona Q thread at all? You seem to be big into Persona GAF. I wouldn't mind giving that to you if you'd like.

I don't mean to come off as a jerk or anything D:

Did you have any interest in doing the Persona Q thread at all? You seem to be big into Persona GAF. I wouldn't mind giving that to you if you'd like.

Not as much as Zero Escape 3 by a longshot, lol. I'm not too big on EO and I'll play it but I'm a bit wary. Thanks though! You keep both OT's.

And don't worry, you aren't coming off poorly. I feel really bad stepping on so many toes and what-not, lol.

I realise I had my name down to do the '3D Mario' for Wii U, but I didn't really see SM3DW as being the type of game I had in mind, so oh well.

I do, however, still really want to do the new Zelda U OT.

Is anyone doing the Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse OT? First half of game comes out on Dec 4th. Return of a classic adventure game franchise!

Gamerloid

So will we be adding a rule that only games announced can be claimed? It would be weird for someone to claim Borderlands 3 right now. If it's fine, I'll go ahead and claim The World Ends With You 2 lol.

Whatever the case, I didn't see anyone claim thisyet:

Cyberpunk 2077 by Think Different (29th November 2013)

Cyberpunk 2077 is releasing late 2015 at the earliest, so if I can't claim it, let me know.

Hey there Nemesis, just wanted to update you on an OT that I'm doing preliminary work on - Persona 5 - although it's a long way out, we are keeping it in mind and working on banners/content.
So far, this is the OT "team" for it:

we.are.the.armada
NeoSoma
cj_iwakura

Nemesis_

The Evil Within (aka Project ZWEI) by Nemesis_ (20th April 2013)

We have a clash! Did you wanna work on it together? I am not sure what space I'll be in when the game comes out so maybe we could contribute to decide what's relevant enough to include and what should be culled? Up to you, I guess.

I also had to take some liberties to decide what month those Anniversary topics you want to make are - so if you could check the main OT and confirm those dates will be correct I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

As for the thread itself, it's all updated. Later on tonight I'll go through and shuffle everything that has a new release date or has been delayed etc. so it can be more accurate. If you notice anything in the mean time, please point it out because there is a chance I might miss it.

Similarly, I've noticed some dissent surrounding the "rules" for what's going on here. I'm confused we don't have a moderator actually crafting a set of rules for this thread - but for now I guess I'll just have to enforce some arbitrarily.

I think from this point on the game has to be formally announced to have interest expressed to make the OT. Otherwise it's going to get too big and unnecessarily big too. The point of the thread is collaboration, not rushing to CLAIM.

And for those who think it's still ridiculous we have a system like this - it's common practice in almost any industry that before you begin a project you register it. It prevents overlapping, it prevents you from stepping on each others feet. It's better for everyone in the long run to ensure there's no thread derails and there's no wasted efforts in crafting an OT only for someone else to post one.

ReaperXL7

I was curious if someone wanted to make an OT for a regular reviewer if they have to post it in here first in order to do so?

I have seen OTs for stuff like the Final Bozman, Yahtzee, AVGN, Etc, and was thinking about making an OT for Classic Game Room as he does allot of videos for games of previous/current generation stuff, but also Pinball tables, controllers, and systems.

Mark is one of the only reviews who I watch on a regular basis, and I had not seen an OT for CGR so I thought I would ask.

Does anyone plan on making a thread for Dark Souls 2 PC? For a game entrenched in community discovery, I can see the (probable) gap between console and PC release ruining that a bit if we use the same OT.

I'm not calling it, if someone else wants to make the thread, I'd prefer it in all honesty :p

Dawg

Huh, Nemesis... I swear The Order 1886 wasn't in the OP before I replied. I even did ctrl + F! :p

I did notice Possum claimed R&C Nexus as well but didn't end up making it in the end. I'd like to know if he will do The Order 1886.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom