• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

50 Books. 50 Movies. 1 Year (2014).

Status
Not open for further replies.
I adore Adams! (<-- hint hint :D)

Dunno, could be that Pratchett's translation that I read wasn't up to the task, but I'm not sure. Or, could it be that I don't know the characters well, so I didn't care for them? Do any of them from Souls Music even appear anywhere else in Discworld saga? Except Death, that is.

Edit: To explain myself a bit more - there were too many characters that I didn't care about (or didn't like), and then all those jumps between them and their own stories annoyed me from time to time. Especially when they moved from one of the more interesting characters or groups to some that I didn't like.

What language are you reading in?

I read in english, and he plays with language in a spectacular way. Making puns by using multiple languages, some of them dead. Drawing attention to the etymology by changing the tense. I doubt this stuff is easy to translate.

But i agree with nezumi. Read Guards, Guards!

Tremas

Just finished reading Blood Meridian. Spent the last 15 minutes staring at the epilogue, trying to parse what transpired in that outhouse. Extraordinary novel, but I think I need a palate cleanser book next.

Books 1/50 Movies 6/50

Books

Stanley Kubrick: A Biography

Movies

Wuthering Heights 2013
The Master
Le Passe 2013
There Will Be Blood
Blue Jasmine
Her

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Watched the newish Wrath of the Titans movie. Absolute and utter garbage from start to finish with no redeeming qualities.

Cyan

Banned
I saw The Way of Kings going for £1.99 on kindle last night so I read the preview (its a very generous preview too) but it just left me cold. Can I be the only one who finds Brandon Sandersons prose like...really bad? I'm sure he creates an interesting world and magic system but the writing isn't strong enough for me.

Heh. Several of us just had a conversation in another thread about whether Sanderson's prose was "middling" and what that even meant, starting here.

Kunan

Update! 0/50 books - 4/50 movies

Still trying to get myself deep into reading. Difficult as I rarely find myself alone for long, and movies are easier consumed with people.

Added Battle Royale (&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;) and Hercules (&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;) to my list of movies. Was definitely worried going in to Battle Royale, but it ended up unintentionally being quite comedic in addition to the terrible things that were happening. My friend ended up calling Mitsuko Akali, after the league character, when she came out of the shadows with the small sickle lmao. Standout moments have to be anything with her in it, and the scene in the lighthouse.

Hercules was every bit classic Disney through and through, but with much of the comedic stylings of Emperor's New Groove (my favorite). Quite an entertaining film! I wasn't a big fan of the 3d done for the hydra though; it really didn't age well.

jordisok

Added 12 Years a Slave to my list! One of the most emotionally draining films I've seen for a while, some great performances all round but obviously Ejiofor stands out.

One of the things I thought was exceptional was its pacing; scenes seemed to be allowed a lot of time on screen, and not just in a look-at-the-pretty-scenery kind of way, and I think that was the making of it really. Also some opportunities for it dragging (like journeys) or becoming melodramatic were avoided, the latter especially important.

Mumei

I finished reading The Quiet American by Graham Greene today. It wasn't quite what I was expecting - much more introspective, and much more intimately focused on one character. I really enjoyed it, though.

I am also reading The Collected Poems: A Dual-Language Edition with Parallel Text, by Marcel Proust and a host of translators. It is a Penguin Classics Deluxe Edition. Unfortunately my French ability sits at, "I took two French classes fifteen years ago," so my ability to benefit from the parallel French text is nonexistent.

Necrovex

I finished reading The Quiet American by Graham Greene today. It wasn't quite what I was expecting - much more introspective, and much more intimately focused on one character. I really enjoyed it, though.

Where's your post in the Book Club thread?!

Ashes

Banned
I'm going to add a seasons section as a bonus considering that I'm about to go watch episode 3 of Sherlock. Which wraps that season up.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Finished reading A Clockwork Orange today. The last chapter, which is left out of the movie, really changes the meaning of the thing.

What language are you reading in?

I read in english, and he plays with language in a spectacular way. Making puns by using multiple languages, some of them dead. Drawing attention to the etymology by changing the tense. I doubt this stuff is easy to translate.

But i agree with nezumi. Read Guards, Guards!
I've read Serbian translation, and I recognized quite a few places where the puns and humour were lost in translation. I even don't know how the main band in the book is called, since Serbian translation means (roughly) "Stones and rock" (rock as in: "for those about to rock"), and the music is called "music with stones and rock".

And while I'm here, update no. 3: Beeblebrox - 2/50 Books / 1/50 Movies

Just saw The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. After being disappointed with the bloat of the first, I went in with much smaller expectations now, and it was ok. Good even, when you know that it's gonna be so long. Smaug is great! And Tauriel... Tauriel <3

Tragicomedy - 6/50 Books | 4/50 Movies

Just finished Falling Free by Lois McMaster Bujold &#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - I was warned this is probably not the best introduction to the Vorkosigan series since it seems only loosely connected. It is set 200 years before the rest of the series and doesn't contain a Vorkosigan protagonist. Still was a very enjoyable read. I'm a big fan of Leo Graf and wish there were more stories following him, but that seems very unlikely. Strong discussion on engineering, welding, and other structural development in zero gravity. Solid science fiction book.

Atrophis

Heh. Several of us just had a conversation in another thread about whether Sanderson's prose was "middling" and what that even meant, starting here.

Interesting. I think a PhoenixDarks post here sums up my feelings about his style.

I don't need the best writing in the world to enjoy a novel but the author has to at least have a recognisable style. Sanderson just feels so generic I guess you could call it. Like if you read Martin or Erikson or Mieville you know who you are reading without even having to check.

Anyways I don't want to look like I'm bashing Sanderson or his fans. Maybe I'll try and slog through The Way of Kings eventually and find myself getting into it. Stranger things have happened.

Just finished reading Blood Meridian. Spent the last 15 minutes staring at the epilogue, trying to parse what transpired in that outhouse. Extraordinary novel, but I think I need a palate cleanser book next.

I think that's my next read. I started it late last year but bailed to read the sequel to a book I finished before it. It takes a good half hour just to get used to McCarthy's hatred on punctuation.

Just saw Her. What an amazing movie. Loved it. Joaquin deserves something fir this. Last year has been a great year for movies. So many good ones. Still got to see 12 years a slave and wows.

Feels great reading every day.

I keep jumping between books though. Gotta get focused.

I've been doing the same this year, which is unusual for me. It's not slowing me down, so we'll see if I keep it up.

Up until a few months ago, I could only read one book at a time. It was some obsessive thing I had where I couldn't start another one until I finished up the one I was currently on. I've just started to break that barrier down by reading one book and one graphic novel at the same time. I like this. My girlfriend will read like 3-4 books which I can't see myself doing--not yet at least.

First official update: athevolunteer - 2/50 Books | 5/50 Movies

I finished reading A Dance with Dragons by George RR Martin. I started it in December so I only counted it as one book. I admit, I got into the books because of the tv series, but the books are just so much better for understanding characters and because of Martins great writing. I was slightly disappointed that most of the payoff from this novel will be in the next book since he had to cut some chapters from this, but I love the world and the characters so I had to give it five stars.

As for movies, I watched Chronicle which is a somewhat entertaining found footage film that focuses on three teenagers who obtain superpowers. It's worth a watch even though the found footage aspects doesn't add much. At times, the movies switches between other cameras in the scenes which is cool. It just seems like a gimmick though. I also saw Re-Animator which is such a great and entertaining horror/comedy, I can't believe I had seen it before.

I am starting Divergent now, it doesn't seem like it will take too long to read, an I hope to see Her this week.

what I would give to relive reading that book for the first time.

Shiv47

Watched Jiro Dreams of Sushi last night; I enjoyed it a lot, finding much to admire in the outlook that Jiro and some of the others he works with hold about their work, i.e., to keep refining and working toward being better regardless of achievements or age. I spent a lot of years at a job that was quite cushy, but didn't push me at all to do anything beyond what minimum stuff I had to accomplish to remain there, and watching this made me kind of ashamed about that. It also made me very hungry.

Book-wise, I struggled through The Victory Season: The End of World Way II and the Birth of Baseball's Golden Age, which featured turgid writing that at least went relatively quickly. The approach felt too scattershot, I guess, trying to take in too much material. Oh well.

Got an update.... Finished my first book before the halfway point through January!

updated original post.

Books:
Leviathan Wakes

Movies:
The Last Stand
Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
The Place Beyond the Pines

Nymerio

Nymerio - 02/50 Books | 03/50 Movies​

Watched This is the End and read the second book of the Wheel of Time series The Great Hunt. This is the End was really funny and I've been looking forward to watching this for a long time. The Wheel of Time series continues to deliver and I've already started the third book.

Saw Spring Breakers. I knew the general population thought it was too weird but I didn't think it was weird enough

Still liked it... Some really great performances

4/5

n0b

I figure I'll try this out as a motivation to get back to reading; I read maybe 5 books last year if I'm lucky. Movies I'll do quite easily, I was over 100 last year.

n0b - 12/50 Books | 17/50 Movies

Books:

1. David Troupes - Renaming of the Birds, &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
  2. David Foster Wallace - The Broom of the System, &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
  3. James Hilton - Lost Horizon, &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
  4. Franz Kafka - The Trial, &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
  5. Bram Stoker - Dracula, &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
  6. Robert A. Heinelen - Stranger in a Strange Land, &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
  7. Frank Miller - Sin City: The Hard Goodbye, &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
  8. Stanislaw Lem - Solaris, &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
  9. Thomas Pynchon - The Crying of Lot 49, &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
  10. David Brin - The Postman, &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
  11. F. Scott Fitzgerald - The Great Gatsby, &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
  12. Mary Shelley - The Last Man, &#9733;&#9733;

Movies:

1. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (2013), &#9733;&#9733;½
  2. Eyes Without a Face (1960), &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
  3. Godzilla (1954), &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
  4. Inside Llewyn Davis (2013), &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
  5. Braindead (1992), &#9733;&#9733;½
  6. Jiro Dreams of Sushi (2011), &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
  7. Last Year at Marienbad (1961), &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
  8. The History of Future Folk (2012), &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
  9. 12 Years a Slave (2013), &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
  10. The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (2006), &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
  11. Lego Movie (2014), &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
  12. The Wind Rises (2013), &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
  13. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014), &#9733;&#9733;½
  14. The Raid 2 (2014), &#9733;&#9733;½
  15. Event Horizon (1997), &#9733;½
  16. Hellraiser (1987), &#9733;&#9733;½
  17. Attack the Block (2011), &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½

Bonus:

Music Albums: 158/? (474 last year)

TV Seasons: 3/? (5 last year)
  1. Sherlock Season 3, &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
  2. Game of Thrones Season 1, &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
  3. Nichijou &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
Games: 1/? (~5-10 maybe last year)
  1. Alan Wake's American Nightmare, &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;

sestrugen

Updated OP

Books will be hard, I will be lucky if I make it through 10 in the year.

sestrugen - 0/50 Books | 7/50 Movies

Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones (2013) &#9733;&#9733; Not as enjoyable as some of the other movies in the series but I am still a sucker for those kind of films.

Inside Llewyn Davis (2013) &#9733;&#9733;&#9733; I am usually not attracted to "music" movies but I had to see this one because it had Oscar Isaac. He's a fellow con-national and his performance was great, not enough to win lots of awards but definitely great. Some sad moments and some funny lines here and there, I had a good time.

The Family AKA Malavita (2013) &#9733; A different take on gangster movies, did not like that much but it was ok. In the end I was not sure if it was meant to be a comedy or if it was trying to be something else and most definitely did not like any of the characters.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2009) &#9733;&#9733;&#9733; The first movie of the Millennium trilogy, having just finished the book series I wanted to compare how the filmmakers had translated the material. Some changes in the overall plot but still pretty accurate. It was nice to hear how the names sounded in Swedish rather than making my own version.

_Ryo_

Updating on some books. list update

Started all these novels last year, restarted and finished them.
3 books.
2 movies.

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn - 4 Stars
The Ocean and the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman - 4 and a half stars.
Dangerous Woman - Various Authors and edited by George R R Martin - 4 stars.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.

Update! No internet and reading three books at once means less time infront of Netflix and more time playing offline and mobile games.

Games
  • Ridiculous Fishing [iOS] (2013, dev. Vlambeer) - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - Never has a title been so apt. Basicly a shoot 'em up where you avoid the fish on the way down and try to grab as many of them on your way up... then you just spray the fish with bullets. It's a bit shallow and by the end of it it's basicly a grind to get the best gear. Entertaining but without lasting appeal.
  • Gunpoint [PC] (2013, dev. Suspicious Developments) - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½ - Witty writing and interesting game mechanics really make this jump out. The fact I could pick the choices I really wanted to say meant a great deal to me. The jumping is great and but while it's fun the levels themselves aren't that great. The game doesn't lend itself to replay.
  • Don't Starve [PS4] (2014, dev. Klei) - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½ - Robinson Crusoe as envisioned by Tim Burton. Don't Starve is a lot of fun to begin with. I really enjoy playing it and coming up with new ideas to play. But it drags and it's noticeable that there isn't a je ne sais quoi like the one holding Minecraft together.

iiicon

iiicon | 2/50 Books | 0/50 Movies

A combination of work, a nagging flu that's hung over my head since Christmas break, and the series finale of Sherlock curtailed my efforts to get more reading done this weekend, but I still finished Adichie's Americanah and absolutely loved it. Her command of characterization is impressive, and ability to build her main characters through their observations of the lives around them even more so. She weaves tales of love, race, cultural hegemony, political turmoil, isolation, depression, American tribalism, and African diaspora easily into lives of Ifemelu and Obinze, who wrestle with each conflict while simultaneously dealing with their desire to find their place in a world that has yet to materialize.

I'm going to highlight two passages, each arresting in their own manner, each displaying the extremes this novel can go to:

Alexa, and the other guests, and perhaps even Georgina, all understood the fleeing from war, from the kind of poverty that crushed human souls, but they would not understand the need to escape from the oppressive lethargy of choicelessness. They would not understand why people like him, who were raised well fed and watered but mired in dissatisfaction, conditioned from birth to look towards somewhere else, eternally convinced that real lives happened in that somewhere else, were now resolved to do dangerous things, illegal things, so as to leave none of them starving, or raped, or from burned villages, but merely hungry for choice and certainty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So7ZFLTW77o

I think that video is crucial (poorly edited as it is, switching between excerpts from the novel by an excellent reader, and two different author Q&As) because it emphasizes how funny this novel is. Yes, it's serious, because it tackles "important things," but at no point does it seem like Adichie is beating you over the head with guilt or anything like that. This story is crafted with such care, and these characters are loved by the author. This shines through on each page, every character a revelation, and it's welcoming.

btw, I loved Americanah so much that I bought two of her other books - her debut and a collection of short stories - before I even finished.

Teptom

Quick Update

Movies

Coen Brothers - Fargo (1996) &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - The more I think about this movie, the more I fall in love with it.

Buster Keaton - Go West (1925) &#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - A nice little tale about the love between a man and his cow. It was pretty forgettable until he started leading the herd through Los Angeles.

Dziga Vertov - Man with a Movie Camera (1929) &#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - I understand why the movie is so influential and some of the shots were really impressive, but I found myself spacing out quite a few times.

Robert Zemeckis - Forrest Gump (1994) &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - I'm not entirely sure how I've never seen this before. It's been on television enough times over the years.

kswiston

Finished the First Law Trilogy by Joe Abercrombie, and have moved on to "Best Served Cold". It seemed like the reception wasn't too great for the First Law Trilogy in the last thread I saw on GAF, but I really liked it. A solid 4/5 overall. After Best Served Cold though, I will probably move back to some non-fantasy for a bit. These 500-600 page books are starting to wear me down. As it is, I might have to resort to the "500+ pages counts a two books!" cheating to have a shot at 50 books this year.

I also watched "Her" last weekend. Technically a 2014 film for me, but I would rank it high on the list of 2013 films I have seen to date. At least in the top 3. Joaquin Phoenix did a great job.

Me and the Wife will be going to Frozen tomorrow.

Coen Brothers - Fargo (1996) &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - The more I think about this movie, the more I fall in love with it.

One of very few films I consider flawless.

These 500-600 page books are starting to wear me down. As it is, I might have to resort to the "500+ pages counts a two books!" cheating to have a shot at 50 books this year.

You're right on pace with two books so far, don't fret.

Mumei

Update: 7/50 Books; 3/50 Movies

I finished reading The Collected Poems: A Dual-Language Edition with Parallel Text, by Marcel Proust. I enjoyed it, though as far as poetry collections go it ranks rather low on my personal list. Proust may just be difficult to translate; as I mentioned in my post in the other reading thread, I often noticed cases where the poem read in a very stilted, awkward way, but when I looked at the French there was a clearer rhyming scheme. I can only assume that oftentimes the translators couldn't find a way to simultaneously maintain the rhyme scheme and get the meaning right. Still, it had more than a few moments that "clicked" for me, so on balance I liked it.

btw, I loved Americanah so much that I bought two of her other books - her debut and a collection of short stories - before I even finished.

And I bought Purple Hibiscus about thirty minutes after reading this post!

Saya

Little update (3/50 Books - 7/50 Movies)

Books:

Slaughterhouse Five - Kurt Vonnegut - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
I loved this. This is one of those books I always wanted to read but never came around to it. Now that I've finished it I'm glad I read it. It was so funny, smart, and sad in a way too. Billy Pilgrim's alienation to the world was quite relatable to me. Great stuff.

Movies:

The Purge - James DeMonaco - &#9733;½
Fruitvale Station - Ryan Coogler - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
Pieta - Kim Ki-Duk - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;

mfiuza

Update Books: 0/50 Movies: 5/50

Movies:

Sherlock His Last Vow &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
This show is really a masterpiece. Outstanding performance by Freeman on this one, and that alone stole the show. The conclusion was a bit non climax, but it was satisfying.

Ashes

Banned
Ashes1396 - Books 3/50 | Films 4/50 | Seasons 1/12 |

Books

1. Cards on the table. [ A. Christie]
2. From Hell
3. Thirteen Problems.

Films

1. I Married A Witch.

Seasons

1. Sherlock Holmes Series 3.

---

Yep. I watched my first film of the year! And lovely film it was too. It's a shame the projector I'm hoping to buy hasn't been ordered yet.* Veronica Lake is just so very pretty in it.

I_Married_a_Witch_poster.JPG

The only other thing to say is that from a writer's perspective, it's a very tidy film. I haven't a funny bone in my body; though I wish I had, so comedies are all the more awesome in my view. It's one of the more tender forgotten classics. Something to hold your gaze while it's cold outside.

*It's one of those £20 ones that you buy in garage sales. Would have been real cool to watch this on there.

edit:

Films

2. African Queen.
3. American Hustle.
4. Wolf on Wall Street.

Mumei

<3

I'll probably get to it this weekend. I should make some time for a movie or two but nothing is grabbing me at the moment.

I may not; I'm currently reading a wonderful (and somewhat dense) book about pterosaurs. I've had to look up more words in this book than anything I've read since... The Complete Dinosaur last year.

It has great pictures like this, too:

pterosaurimage.jpg

(The image is much bigger / better quality in the book!). And I picked up - but haven't started - The New Soft War on Women: How the Myth of Female Ascendance Is Hurting Women, Men-and Our Economy. Women's issues in the workplace is something I'm rather underread on, so I imagine I'll learn a lot.

Tragicomedy - 5/50 Books | 3/50 Movies

So American Hustle...EXCELLENT! &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½ - This is my fourth David O. Russell movie, having seen Silver Linings Playbook, The Fighter, and the criminally underrated Three Kings. This is by far his best film.

For starters, the cast is sublime. The trio of Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper, and Amy Adams are perfect in their roles. I've never been high up on Cooper, but he brings so much intensity and energy into the movie. There cast is rounded out by some all-star supporting folks, with Jennifer Lawrence and Louis CK (!!!) being the standouts. Lawrence brings so much humor to the movie. There were a lot more laughs in this than I expected, and the bulk of those came courtesy of her. She's lovably mad. Louis plays the straight man to a T, with the same dryness and deadpan that he delivers on his show. Who casts him in this sort of a role? Wild. Even Jeremy Renner was a surprisingly good fit in the film.

Definitely a great watch.

:EDIT: New participants added!

I saw American Hustle last night. I thought it would be structured more like a traditional heist/con movie, like Ocean's Eleven, Confidence, or Brothers Bloom, so I was surprised at first by how the film itself was structured. But the emphasis isn't to show the con and countermoves; the film's a character study of desperate people making desperate moves. In that sense, it was an enjoyable film buoyed by terrific performances. Renner was surprisingly sympathetic, and Louis CK was indeed great as the straight man. Jennifer Lawrence was incredible; I didn't think she could play crazy like that. The cameo in the meeting in the hotel was a terrific casting touch. And it was great to see Shea Whigham and Jack Huston, who are part of Boardwalk Empire, also involved in American Hustle; it brings a sense of continuity about crime in New Jersey.

Cooper, Adams, and Bale were incredible in their desperation. Bale gets a lot of guff for his Batman voice, but people forget that he's a great actor, and not just because he's willing to make drastic physical transformations to get into his roles. He showed just the right amount of fear to make the performance work. Cooper's bravado was pitch perfect. And Adams had great chemistry with both Cooper and Bale.

I'm not sure it was a "better" film than The Wolf of Wall Street, which I saw on New Year's Eve 2013, but it felt leaner and more consistently entertaining.

unrenowned - 2/50 books | 2/50 movies

Finished the first book in the Takeshi Kovacs trilogy, Altered Carbon. I must say I really loved it, the novel idea of life and death. Also it wasn't until the end of the book that you got the full picture and everything made sense. Kept me wanting to read until the last chapter.

Now on to book two, Broken Angels, as well as finishing up Halo: Evolutions.

Verdre

Unconfirmed Member
Decided to join in.

Verdre - 43/50 Books | 121/50 Movies

Books:

1. Hackers by David Bischoff - &#9733;&#9733; - Just watch the movie. The novelization sucks every bit of charm out of it.
2. The Martian by Andy Weir - &#9733;&#9733; - Would have been a solid story about an astronaut being abandoned on Mars and forced to figure out how to survive until a rescue could be mounted if it wasn't told in such an awful voice.
3. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
4. Forstbite by Richelle Mead - &#9733;
5. Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead - &#9733;
6. Blood Promise by Richelle Mead - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
7. Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead - &#9733;
8. Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead - &#9733;
9. Coldbrook by Tim Lebbon - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - A zombie book where I wasn't expecting one. Solid.
10. Alien: Out of the Shadows by Tim Lebbon - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
11. Russian Magic Tales from Pushkin to Platonov by Robert Chandler - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - A good, varied collection of Russian fairy tales plus a few stories that were somewhat modern takes on them.
12. The Hammer and the Blade by Paul S. Kemp - &#9733;&#9733; - Started off as an entertaining indiana jones/swords and sorcery sort of story. Falls apart in the last quarter or so because of an awful rape plot that is handled horribly.
13. Emperor of Thorns by Mark Lawrence - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - Solid ending to the series.
14. Annihilation by Jeff VaderMeer - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - Essentially Roadside Picnic 2, but done very well.
15. Blackdog by K.V. Johansen - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
16. Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson - &#9733;&#9733; - Average Sanderson book made way too long.
17. Traitor's Blade by Sebastien de Castell - &#9733;&#9733; - Fun little Musketeer-like story, but early on it has one of the most awkward info dumps I've ever seen. Then the author tries to ground the action of a the story only to later ignore all his grounding for crazy feats.
18. The Thousand Names by Django Wexler - &#9733;&#9733; - Girl pretends to be boy and joins the army. Stuff happens. Stuff is entertaining for a time. Then stuff gets tedious.
19. Spice & Wolf, Book 8: The Town of Strife I by Isuna Hasekura - &#9733;&#9733;
20. Spice & Wolf, Book 9: The Town of Strife II by Isuna Hasekura - &#9733;&#9733; - 8 is literally half a book and 9 is the other portion. There's a character added and it completely ruins the dynamic that made all of the previous books so good. Disappointing as hell.
21. Spice & Wolf, Book 10 by Isuna Hasekura - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - A step up, but only just - the additional character is still there, but isn't quite so present.
22. All You Need Is Kill by Hiroshi Sakurazaka - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - Narag let me borrow this and it was actually pretty good. Handled retreading every day well and even the dreaded training montage. Mostly got 4 stars for the author's explanation of his inspiration.
23. The Tainted City (Shattered Sigil, #2) by Courtney Schafer - &#9733;&#9733;
24. Sworn in Steel (Tales of the Kin, #2) by Douglas Hulick - &#9733;&#9733; - Both this and Tainted City are sequels to books I read a few years ago. After reading them I'm left with the impression that the previous books weren't as good as I remembered.
25. The Girl with All the Gifts by M.R. Carey - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733; -
26. The Silkworm by JK Rowling - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - A good sequel, but certain aspects of it veer a bit too far into pulp for my taste.
27. Authority by Jeff VanderMeer - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - Solid, but I think I'd rather Annihilation had been a stand alone book.
28. The Maze Runner by James Dashner - &#9733;&#9733; -
29. The Scorch Trials by James Dashner - &#9733;&#9733; -
30. The Death Cure by James Dashner - &#9733;&#9733; -
31. Skin Game by Jim Butcher - &#9733;&#9733; - Opens with a bad gag from a 5 year old episode of The Office. Runs it into the ground throughout the book. And I was tired of the Winter Knight crap before it even started.
32. The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line by Rob Thomas - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - It's Veronica Mars in book form.
33. Acceptance by Jeff VanderMeer - &#9733;&#9733; - I thought the series went down in quality with each book. What began as a wonderful Roadside Picnic-esque story ends in this.
34. Wrath of Flight by Stephen Zimmerman - &#9733;&#9733;
35. The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - Not even half as charming as it should have been, but otherwise enjoyable.
36. I See By My Outfit by Peter S. Beagle - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - A cross country road trip in the prose of Beagle. I couldn't ask for much more. Loved it.
37. Some Boys by Patty Blount - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - Fiction story about the bizarre cases of communities rallying around rapists.
38. Six Feet Over It by Jennifer Longo - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - This has one of the worst titles I have ever come across, but it's really a nice little melancholy story about a girl working in a cemetery selling plots, dealing with her absentee parents and a personal tragedy.
39. Jack of Shadows by Roger Zelazny - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
40. Once Upon a Time in the North by Philip Pullman - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - This needed breathing room and should have been a full novel. As a novella it's rushed and never given the time it needs.
41. Vampire Hunter D Volume 10: Dark Nocturne by Hideyuki Kikuchi - &#9733;&#9733;
42. Proxima by Stephen Baxter - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
43. Vampire Hunter D Volume 11: Pale Fallen Angel by Hideyuki Kikuchi - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;

Movies:

1. Stripes - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
2. The Raid - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½ - This would have been a solid 4 star, but I really didn't like the last 10 minutes or so.
3. The Girl Who Played with Fire - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
4. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest - &#9733; - I didn't like the book and I sure didn't like the movie.
5. Wolfhound - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - The box says it's "Conan the Barbarian meets Lord of the Rings", but that's ridiculous as it has nothing in common with LotR. It's Conan the Barbarian meets Clash of the Titans. A pretty faithful take on 80s sword and sorcery out of Russia. Though the first 6 minutes or so are ripped off from the beginning of Conan the Barbarian. The most astonishing thing is that it manages to capture the feel of those 80s movies so well, which is something everyone seems to struggle with when making their homages.
6. Dan in Real Life - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½ - One of the very few movies that isn't just Steve Carell as some variation of Michael Scott.
7. Near Dark - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - If there is such a thing as Twilight done right, this would kind of be it. (In that there is a romance between a human and a vampire.) Plus Bill Paxton is a biker vampire.
8. Jack the Giant Slayer - &#9733;&#9733; - Better than it should be.
9. Admission - &#9733;&#9733;½
10. Oblivion - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
11. Revolutionary Road - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - Very good acting.
12. Body Snatchers (1993) - &#9733;½ - The only thing notable about this is that Meg Tilly is unrecognizable.
13. &#1050;&#1088;&#1072;&#1081;/The Edge - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½ - Broken Russian war hero exiled to Soviet labor camp finds himself through awesome trains and punching people. Or something like that.
14. Klondike - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½ - Mediocre with moments of what could have been.
15. The Chocolate Farmer - Documentary about a cocoa farmer's struggle to keep his farm and traditions alive in the modern world.
16. The Boxing Girls of Kabul - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - Documentary about three Afghan girls' struggle to become boxers in the face of their culture.
17. Speed for Thespians - &#9733; - A play on a bus. Why did I watch this?
18. A Guy Thing - &#9733;&#9733;½ - Mediocre romcom.
19. &#1054;&#1093;&#1086;&#1090;&#1072; &#1085;&#1072; &#1055;&#1080;&#1088;&#1072;&#1085;&#1100;&#1102;/Hunting for Piranha - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - Surprisingly good action movie. Makes very few pretenses to having a story.
20. Dallas Buyers Club -&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½ - Could be the role of McConaughey's career.
21. White Line Fever - &#9733;&#9733;½ - Oh god, they got machismo everywhere.
22. Interview - &#9733;&#9733;½ - Vaguely entertaining at the end. Vaguely bad plenty of other times.
23. Never Talk to Strangers - ½ - Pretty sure Antonio Banderas has never been in a movie worse than this.
24. Revolver - &#9733; - Might have been entertaining if the story hadn't been there. Waste of a Statham.
25. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - What the first Hunger Games should have been.
26. Escape Plan - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - Best Arnold movie since the 90s. (That's a very low bar.)
27. You’re Next - ½ - It is, in fact, a movie.
28. Ender's Game - &#9733;&#9733;½ - Not as bad as it could have been, which is surprising.
29. Out of the Furnace - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - Doesn't quite live up to its cast, but Woody Harrelson is great white trash and he has a hilarious moment near the end.
30. Some Girls - &#9733;&#9733;
31. Iron Man 3 - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½ - The best Iron Man movie as far as I'm concerned, outside of the pointless panic attacks.
32. Monsters University - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
33. After Earth - &#9733; - Half a star better than You're Next. That says a lot of things.
34. 21 Jump Street - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - Narag demanded I watch this. I didn't regret it, but I still don't like Channing Tatum.
35. White House Down - &#9733; - I thought this was Olympus Has Fallen. Then there was Channing Tatum and oh god I wish this had been Olympus Has Fallen. It can't decide whether it wants to be Die Hard or a straight up comedy.
36. This Is the End - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
37. True Adolescents - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
38. Noah - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - Aronofsky's worst movie, but still decent. Pacing issues.
39. The Heat - &#9733; - A bad Sandra Bullock comedy with no real redeeming features.
40. House of Fools - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - Loosely based on a true story. Set in a mental institution during the Chechen war, it shows the lives of the patients as they deal with being abandoned by their care takers and having the institution overrun with soldiers. First half has problems, but it's salvaged by the second half.
41. The Internship - &#9733;&#9733;½ - You know exactly what's going to happens when they get put on a team of misfits. Only works because of the actors' charm.
42. The Thing (1982) - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - Solid. Didn't love it. (Don't really understand the love for it.)
43. Trance - &#9733; - Why would Rosario Dawson go full frontal for this bad of a movie? It's pure stylishness on a convoluted base.
44. August: Osage County - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½ - Good to great acting by nearly everyone. Nice to see Julia Roberts actually trying again. Meryl Streep's performance reminded me of some of the acting by the mental patients in House of Fools. Over done.
45. Frozen - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - Nice little movie.
46. Artifact - &#9733;&#9733; - Jared Leto acting like a 14 year old raging against his parents. His complaints are legitimate, but he fails to articulate them.
47. Enemy at the Gates - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - Good sniper movie held down by basically everything else. Weisz doesn't even get to play a character, just the idea of strife between two bros.
48. Fuse, Memoirs of the Hunter Girl - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
49. Wolf Children - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
50. The Girl Who Leapt Through Time - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
51. The Prestige - &#9733;&#9733;½ - Goofy.
52. Silver Linings Playbooks - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - Saw this after American Hustle, thinking I'd hate it and in the screamy beginning I really did, but it came together very well.
53. Django Unchained - &#9733;&#9733;½ - One of the first Tarantino movies that I've liked in a really long time... but then it wouldn't end.
54. Cockneys vs Zombies - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - In the vein of Shaun of the Dead.
55. Byzantium - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
56. Godzilla - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
57. Once Upon a Time in the West - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½ - Really good western. Half a star is for the horrific train whistle because what the hell.
58. Stalker - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
59. Solaris - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - Narag said I didn't have to like Stalker or Solaris, it was just important that I watched them. So I'm gonna go with that.
60. Maleficent - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½ - Worth watching just for Jolie's lovely performance.
61. Confessions Of A Window Cleaner - &#9733;&#9733;
62. Confessions Of A Driving Instructor - &#9733;&#9733;
63. Barquero - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - Machismo squared.
64. Non-Stop - &#9733;&#9733;½ -
65. 2 Guns - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733; -
66. The East - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733; -
67. The Incredible Burt Wonderstone - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733; -
68. Kick-Ass 2 - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733; -
69. The World’s End - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733; -
70. 300: Rise of an Empire - &#9733;&#9733;½ - Disappointing.
71. Transformers: Age of Extinction - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
72. Into the Storm - &#9733;&#9733; - Syfy Twister sequel
73. About Time - &#9733;&#9733;½ - Cloying. YOLO
74. Up in the Air - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
75. Trainwreck: My Life as an Idoit - ½
76. Rush - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
77. Need for Speed - &#9733;&#9733; - Straight to DVD Fast and the Furious
78. Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit - &#9733; - 40 watts of crap.
79. Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues - &#9733;½ - Better than the first one. Still awful.
80. Divergent - &#9733;½ - ?? why to everyone involved.
81. Getaway - &#9733; - Why did I watch this? Ethan Hawke and Selena Gomez showing the same level of acting chops.
82. The Book Thief - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½ - On the whole, a lovely little movie. Better than the book just for the fact that it excises most of the awful Death POV narration. It would have gotten that last half a star if it had cut it out completely.
83. Home - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - A very good russian drama about an abusive family coming back together to celebrate the patriarch's 100th birthday. Strong performances from everyone in the cast. It does go off the rails at the very end of the movie, but I'm willing to forgive that.
84. Veronica Mars - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
85. The Lone Ranger - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - Lone Pirate of the Caribbean
86. The Truth About Emanuel - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
87. Grudge Match - &#9733; - Bad comedy drowning in heart warming moments with a dash of bad boxing.
88. Stalingrad - &#9733;&#9733; - A lot of Pearl Harbor mixed with a little bit of 300. The almost Amelie-like bits with the narrator were nice, though.
89. Brest Fortress - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
90. Adult World - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - This is a bad movie. Emma Roberts' acting is all over the place. But I still liked it.
91. A Walk Among the Tombstones - &#9733;&#9733; - Taken Era Neeson that isn't much like Taken at all. Slow detective story that could have been good but is ultimately ruined by bad humor and a street wise kid.
92. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
93. The Equalizer - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
94. Legend (Director's Cut) - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
95. Neighbors - &#9733; - Zac Efron is actually not the worst thing about this movie.
96. The Best Offer - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
97. Chef - &#9733;&#9733;½
98. Edge of Tomorrow - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
99. Dracula Untold - &#9733;&#9733; - Dracula is a superhero and this is his origin story.
100. Delivery Man - &#9733;
101. The Monuments Men - &#9733;&#9733;
102. Her - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
103. Lone Survivor - &#9733;&#9733;
104. Fury - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
105. The Raid 2 - &#9733;&#9733; - A fumbling attempt at a movie in the vein of Kung Fu Hustle. Wait, why is this called The Raid?
106. Pompeii - &#9733;
107. The Lego Movie - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
108. Interstellar - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - Contact: The Remake
109. Sin City: A Dame to Kill For - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
110. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
111. Begin Again - &#9733;&#9733;
112. The Giver - &#9733;&#9733;
113. Hercules - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
114. Trust Me - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
115. Frequencies - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
116. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
117. The Hobbit 3 - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
118. The Expendables 3 - &#9733;&#9733; - This movie was pretty bad - except for one thing: Mel Gibson. Gibson's parts might as well come from some other, good movie.
119. Draft Day - &#9733;&#9733;
120. All Is Bright - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
121. The Grand Budapest Hotel - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733; - This is rather like a children's story and that's wonderful.

Narag

Conned into this by Verdre.

Narag - 50/50 Books | 268/50 Movies

Books:
1. Brandon Sanderson - Steelheart - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
2. Frank Abagnale - Catch Me If You Can &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
3. Douglas Adams - Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
4. Ian Fleming - The Diamond Smugglers &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
5. Nate Jackson - Slow Getting Up: A Story of NFL Survival from the Bottom of the Pile &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
6. Bernard Cornwell - The Last Kingdom &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
7. Izuru Yumizuru - Infinte Stratos #1 &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
8. Winston Groom - Forrest Gump &#9733;&#9733;
9. Hiroshi Sakurazaka - All You Need Is Kill &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
10. J.C. Daniels - Broken Blade &#9733;
11. Izuru Yumizuru - Infinte Stratos #2 &#9733;&#9733;
12. Izuru Yumizuru - Infinite Stratos #3 &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
13. Jeff VanderMeer - Annihilation &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
14. Jeff VanderMeer - Authority &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
15. Richard Kadrey - Kill the Dead &#9733;&#9733;
16. Richard Kadrey - Aloha from Hell &#9733;
17. Richard Kadrey - Devil Said Bang &#9733;&#9733;
18. Izuru Yumizuru - Infinite Stratos #4 &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
19. Douglas Adams - The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
20. Izuru Yumizuru - Infinite Stratos #5 &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
21. Peter Benchley - Jaws &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
22. Izuru Yumizuru - Infinite Stratos #6 &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
23. Edgar Rice Burroughs - A Princess of Mars &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
24. Izuru Yumizuru - Infinite Stratos #7 &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
25. Stephen Zimmerman - Wrath of Flight &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
26. Faith Hunter - Skinwalker &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
27. Izuru Yumizuru - Infinite Stratos #8 &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
28. David Kreinberg - Freeze Kill &#9733;&#9733;
29. Richelle Mead - Vampire Academy &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
30. Maxwell Avoi - Variations &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
31. Maxwell Avoi - More Variations &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
32. Rick Riordan - The Last Hero &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
33. Graham McNeill - Starcraft: I, Mengsk &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
34. Madeleine L'Engle - A Wrinkle in Time &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
35. Aaron Rosenberg - Starcraft: Queen of Blades &#9733;&#9733;
36. Lewis Carroll - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
37. Christie Golden - Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
38. Rudyard Kipling - The Jungle Book &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
39. Brandon Sanderson - The Rithmatist &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
40. Lewis Carroll - Through The Looking Glass &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
41. Michael A. Stackpoke - World of Warcraft: Vol'jin: Shadows of the Horde &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
42. Albert Camus - The Stranger &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
43. Robert Louis Stevenson - The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
44. David Morrell - Rambo: First Blood Part II &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
45. Arthur C. Clarke - Tales from the White Hart &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
46. Ursula K. Le Guin - A Wizard of Earthsea &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
47. Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman - Good Omens &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
48. Vernor Vinge - The Witling &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
49. George MacDonald Fraser - Flashman &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
50. Anthony Burgess - A Clockwork Orange &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;

Movies:
1. Real Steel - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
2. 21 Jump Street - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
3. American Psycho - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
4. Spring Breakers - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
5. Warm Bodies - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
6. The Hangover - &#9733;&#9733;
7. The Last Boyscout - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
8. Ip Man - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
9. Ip Man 2 - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
10. Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
11. The Croods - &#9733;&#9733;
12. The Expendables - &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
13. The Expendables 2 &#9733;&#9733;½
14. The Emperor’s New Groove &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
15. The Wolverine &#9733;&#9733;½
16. Journey to the Center of the Earth (2008) &#9733;&#9733;
17. The Wild, Wild West ½
18. Wolf Children: Ame & Yuki &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
19. Bad Grandpa &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
20. The Wedding Party (2010) &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
21. Strictly Ballroom &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
22. The Lone Ranger &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
23. Don Jon &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
24. Ultraviolet (2006) &#9733;
25. Day of the Dead (1985) &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
26. Caligula &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
27. Dead Snow &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
28. Dark Shadows &#9733;&#9733;
29. Rango &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
30. Man of Tai Chi &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
31. North Dallas Forty &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
32. Shallow Hal &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
33. Oldboy (2003) &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
34. Matchstick Men &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
35. Ender’s Game &#9733;&#9733;½
36. Austenland &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
37. Macgruber &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
38. Runner Runner &#9733;&#9733;½
39. Argo &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
40. Rush (2013) &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
41. The Break-Up &#9733;
42. Tom and Jerry: The Fast and the Furry &#9733;
43. Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman &#9733;&#9733;½
44. Zoolander &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
45. Lego: The Movie &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
46. Machete Kills &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
47. Slumdog Millionaire &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
48. Miami Vice &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
49. World War Z &#9733;
50. The Hangover II &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
51. Captain Phillips &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
52. The Hangover III &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
53. Wreck-It Ralph &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
54. 42 &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
55. Alpha Dog &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
56. Little Nicky &#9733;
57. Frozen &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
58. John Carter &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
59. Nebraska &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
60. Black Snake Moan &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
61. The Incredible Burt Wonderstone &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
62. Oz: The Great and Powerful &#9733;&#9733;
63. Battleship &#9733;½
64. Lincoln (2012) &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
65. The Great Gatsby (2013) &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
66. Evil Dead (2013) &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
67. RIPD &#9733;½
68. Bullet to the Head &#9733;&#9733;
69. Gosford Park &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
70. Oldboy (2013) &#9733;&#9733;
71. Robocop (2014) &#9733;&#9733;½
72. A Nightmare on Elm Street Part 2: Freddy’s Revenge &#9733;&#9733;
73. Hobo with a Shotgun &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
74. Punch-Drunk Love &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
75. The Hunger Games &#9733;½
76. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
77. Scott Pilgrim vs the World &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
78. Cloud Atlas &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
79. Swordfish &#9733;½
80. Holy Motors &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
81. Devil &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
82. Minority Report &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
83. H.H. Holmes: America’s First Serial Killer &#9733;&#9733;
84. Jonah Hex &#9733;½
85. Gamer ½
86. Taken &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
87. The Starving Games ½
88. Fargo (1996) &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
89. Act of Valor &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
90. Alvin and the Chipmunks &#9733;
91. Where The WIld Things Are &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
92. Snakes on a Plane &#9733;&#9733;
93. Wishmaster &#9733;&#9733;
94. Glengarry Glen Ross &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
95. Rubber &#9733;&#9733;½
96. American Hustle &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
97. House (1977) &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
98. Erin Brockovich &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
99. Hanzo the Razor: Sword of Justice &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
100. Storm Rider: Clash of Evils &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
101. Lost in Translation &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
102. Fuse: Memoirs of a Hunter Girl &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
103. Gravity &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
104. I Love You, Beth Cooper ½
105. Dead Man &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
106. Lupin III: The Fuma Conspiracy &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
107. Sixteen Candles &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
108. Scent of a Woman &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
109. Smokey & The Bandit II &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
110. Captain America: The Winter Soldier &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
111. Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 1 &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
112. Naruto the Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow &#9733;
113. Avengers Confidential: Black Widow & Punisher &#9733;&#9733;½
114. Bride of Deimos: The Orchid Suite &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
115. The Grand Budapest Hotel &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
116. The Raid 2: Berandal &#9733;&#9733;½
117. Mobile Suit Guindam 0083: The Last Blitz of Zeon &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
118. March of the Penguins &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
119. Gran Torino &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
120. Rise of the Guardians &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
121. Scooby-Doo! WrestleMania Mystery &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
122. Walking with Dinosaurs ½
123. Evolution &#9733;
124. What Women Want &#9733;&#9733;
125. Sahara &#9733;½
126. Valkyrie &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
127. Zodiac &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
128. The Amazing Spider-Man &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
129. Prisoners &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
130. Blackfish &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
131.The Amazing Spider-Man 2 &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
132. 47 Ronin (2013) &#9733;
133. Shutter Island &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
134. Legend of Hercules ½
135. The Wolf of Wall Street &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
136. Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines &#9733;½
137. Alien vs Predator &#9733;&#9733;
138. Source Code &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
139. Despicable Me &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
140. Despicable Me 2 &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
141. Galaxy Quest &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
142. The Nut Job &#9733;&#9733;
143. I, Frankenstein ½
144. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2013) &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
145. Stalingrad (2013) &#9733;&#9733;½
146. How To Train Your Dragon &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
147. Kung Fu Panda 2 &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
148. Godzilla (2014) &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
149. Pompeii &#9733;&#9733;
150. X-Men: The Last Stand &#9733;
151. The Monuments Men &#9733;&#9733;½
152. X-Men: First Class &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
153. Precious &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
154. Due Date &#9733;&#9733;½
155. X-Men: Days of Future Past &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
156. 28 Days Later &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
157. The Town &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
158. Ted &#9733;½
159. Jack the Giant Slayer &#9733;½
160. Drag Me To Hell &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
161. Journey to the West (2013) &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
162. Semi-Pro &#9733;
163. A Million Ways To Die In The West &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
164. There Will Be Blood &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
165. The Exorcist &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
166. Megamind &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
167. Son of Batman &#9733;
168. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
169. Edge of Tomorrow &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
170. Oblivion &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
171. Transformers: Dark of the Moon &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
172. Blood Diamond &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
173. Her &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
174. Blood Diamond &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
175. Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit &#9733;½
176. How To Train Your Dragon 2 &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
177. 22 Jump Street &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
178. The Book of Eli &#9733;
179. Mardock Scramble The Third Exhaust &#9733;&#9733;
180. Lupin the Third: The Mystery of the Hemingway Papers &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
181. Blow &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
182. Unstoppable (2010) &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
183. Borat &#9733;&#9733;
184. Transformers: Age of Extinction &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
185. Rocky &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
186. Rocky II &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
187. Rocky III &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
188. Juno &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
189. Room 237 &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
190. Beerfest &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
191. 127 Hours &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
192. Catfish &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
193. Lucy (2014) &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
194. Guardians of the Galaxy &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
195. Born on the Fourth of July &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
196. Rio (2011) &#9733;&#9733;½
197. The Departed &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
198. Trainspotting &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
199. Alpha & Omega &#9733;&#9733;
200. Traffic (2001) &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
201. 300: Rise of an Empire &#9733;
202. Muppets Most Wanted &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
203. Jodorowsky’s Dune &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
204. Noah (2014) &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
205. Draft Day &#9733;&#9733;½
206. Batman: Assault on Arkham &#9733;&#9733;½
207. Rio 2 &#9733;&#9733;
208. The Iron Giant &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
209. Jaws &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
210. Scooby-Doo: Frankencreepy &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
211. The Song Remains the Same &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
212. Sling Blade &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
213. Joe Dirt &#9733;&#9733;
214. Napoleon Dynamite &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
215. The Hurt Locker &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
216. Fury &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
217. The Book of Life (2014) &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
218. John Wick &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
219. Blue Velvet &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
220. Frost’Nixon &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
221. Brick Mansions &#9733;½
222. The Conjuring &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
223. Chef &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
224. Neighbors &#9733;
225. Non-Stop &#9733;&#9733;
226. Veronica Mars &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
227. Gone Girl &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
228. 3 Days to Kill &#9733;&#9733;½
229. Transcendence &#9733;&#9733;
230. Cabin in the Woods &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
231. Inside Llewyen Davis &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
232. The Rover &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
233. Blue Jasmine &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
234. Hercules &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
235. A Most Wanted Man &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
236. Maleficent &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
237. Need for Speed &#9733;&#9733;
238. Vampire Academy &#9733;&#9733;
239. Only God Forgives &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
240. Infernal Affairs &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
241. Blue Ruin &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
242. Interstellar &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
243. Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
244. Snowpiercer &#9733;&#9733;½
245. Under The Skin &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
246. Rise of the Planet of the Apes &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
247. Hoodwinked ½
248. Mr. Peabody & Sherman &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
249. Alpha and Omega 2: A Howl-iday Adventure &#9733;
250. Dallas Buyers Club &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
251. Alpha and Omega 3: The Great Wolf Games ½
252. The Dictator &#9733;&#9733;½
253. Johnny Mnemonic ½
254. Oculus &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
255. Company of Heroes &#9733;
256. The Cable Guy &#9733;&#9733;½
257. Apollo 18 ½
258. Silent Hill: Revelation &#9733;½
259. Europa Report &#9733;&#9733;
260. The Animal &#9733;½
261. The Blair Witch Project &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;½
262. Birdman &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
263. The Purge: Anarchy &#9733;&#9733;
264. Wer &#9733;&#9733;½
265. The Expendables 3 &#9733;&#9733;½
266. Big Hero Six &#9733;&#9733;&#9733;&#9733;
267. Jingle All The Way 2 ½
268. Underworld &#9733;&#9733;½

Jintor

I actually haven't either tbh. I've seen BITS of it, but I've never sat down and watched the whole movie.

Having real trouble reading this month, it's always like this in January. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom