• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sudeki has been released on Steam. Yes, that Sudeki.

Gattsu25

Banned
A classic from the Xbox 1 has finally been released on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/233350

84HTiSK.jpg

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijla0FoFxHM
Price: $4.99 USD

Sudeki, a world torn apart into light, shadow and dark. Rent asunder by deceit and betrayal, the land cries out for a peace that only four united heroes can bring.

Beyond the protective walls of Illumina Castle lie miles of pastoral, rolling countryside, though once a serene landscape, the Aklorian forces have transformed the countryside into a charred battlefield. Simply passing through the region is unsafe, as travellers must be ever alert for ambushes.

Four friends have joined together to aid their queen. Though destined to encounter ancient gods, primordial wonders, and marvellous inventions, foes and betrayal haunt their every step. A keen eye could prove vital, exposing essential clues. And as the companions make their way through darkness and light, they’ll discover that those two extremes have more in common than they once imagined...

• Real-time, bone-crunching combat with incredible spells and combos.
  • Control any one of the four champions at any time, and skip between them at will.
  • Customise each character's armour, weapons and spells and evolve new powerful attacks.

Gamespot
The game manages to cover all the key points you'd want out of an RPG and appears to be doing so with a distinctive style​

IGN.com
Sudeki's combat is frantic, fast, and fun​

RPGCodex
Sudeki sounds amazing - it seems to be all things to all people. In fact, for those who tire of playing as the heroes, the villain is an unlockable character! Hopefully, it won't spread itself too thinly and will all come together into the wonder that it appears. Already a sequel is being discussed, and there will probably be demand for it once Sudeki's charm is revealed to the world​

YUQooI5.jpg

Here are some pertinent details for the main characters courtesy of IGN.com:
Tal
VJcPh8b.jpg

Sex: Male
Height: 6'
Hair: Red
Blood Type: O
Preferred Weapon: Sword
Fighting Style: Illumina Thousand Sword Fighting School
Stength: Tal is an excellent warrior, schooled by the Imperial swordsmasters since early age.
Weakness: He is, however,impetuous and forgetful.
Special Skill: Move heavy objects, incredible feats of strength.
Dislikes: Cowardice
Favorite Food: Beef Jerky

Ailish
OrHbitZ.jpg

Sex: Female
Height: 5'6"
Hair: Dyed blue
Blood Type: O+
Preferred Weapon: Magic Staff
Fighting Style: Royal War Mage
Stength: Ailish is an exceptionally gifted mage, well versed in both attack and healing magic.
Weakness: Ailish is physically weak.
Special Skill: Reveal magically hidden objects.
Dislikes: Messiness and being bored
Favorite Food: New Brightwater caviar

Elco
Z5uNaVe.jpg

Sex: Male
Height: 5'9"
Hair: Black
Blood Type: O Negative
Preferred Weapon: Magical Crossbow
Fighting Style: Sniper
Stength: Discipline, intelligence, and dedication.
Weakness: Elco has a tendency to get sidetracked by his obsessions at the expense of those around him. He dislikes melee combat.
Special Skill: Jetpack
Dislikes: Religion, superstition, and boredom.
Favorite Food: Vacuum-packed Transentine protein snacks

Buki
xjbnFi8.jpg

Sex: Female
Height: 5'2"
Hair: Jet Black
Blood Type: Unknown
Preferred Weapon: Fighting Claws
Fighting Style: Way of the Claw (Shadani Martial Art)
Stength: Great agility and unsurpassed martial artist.
Weakness: Mistrusts humans and therefore sometimes finds it hard to work with others.
Special Skill: Climb walls
Dislikes: Humans
Favorite Food: Retuffulo roast

This is one of the ugliest games in the world but I actually remember it being pretty alright. I'd play it again at that price.

Hawk269

I LOVED this game when it came out on the Xbox. Still have my copy of it. Back in the day, I thought the game looked fantastic. I am not on my gaming rig, but does the PC version support controller play? Might double dip.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I really wanted to try this when it first came out on Xbox. It's great to see titles like this on Steam. I'll definitely pick it up at some point.

Khezu

Oh man I remember this game.

Was really weird. the caster played like a FPS.

Don't remember having very strong opinions on it one way or the other.

Fuck. Yes.
Always wanted to try this game out.

They just realease Gun Metal on steam too, which I remember playing a demo of on Xbox 1. Was a pretty awesome transforming jet/mech game.

NOW BRING OUT OTOGI 1+2!!!! They weren't even backwards compatible with 360 so I haven't played either of those in like 10 years. ;_;

Well I certainly didn't see that coming

Now I wanna know if there's hope for any other OG Xbox ports, like Panzer Dragoon Orta, Otogi 1 and 2, Gunvalkyrie, and JSRF. Especially Otogi.

Fuck. Yes.
Always wanted to try this game out.

They just realease Gun Metal on steam too, which I remember playing a demo of on Xbox 1. Was a pretty awesome transforming jet/mech game.

NOW BRING OUT OTOGI 1+2!!!! They weren't even backwards compatible with 360 so I haven't played either of those in like 10 years. ;_;

Woah woah woah, what?

Guys, this isn't really a big surprise. The game came out on PC shortly after the Xbox version launched, so really, this is just the PC version getting a Steam release. I wouldn't get my hopes up for Xbox to Steam ports.

Nishastra

Banned
Weird. Definitely didn't expect this.

I liked Sudeki quite a bit (particularly the mage characters), though the ending is very sudden and completely nonsensical. Feels unfinished.

I saw this last night and was pretty amazed and amused at the same time.
The game is fun people's, the combat is pretty good from what I remember, but the story and character designs weren't good even for those days. Its like the writers wrote the book on JRPG cliches and then threw it at the game.
Its like the devs were trying to out J the Js themselves.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Wow... that art style looks straight out of those obviously western-developed "how to draw Manga" books. This appears to be very much a product of its time. A time of flaming DBZ button-up shirts.

Guys, this isn't really a big surprise. The game came out on PC shortly after the Xbox version launched, so really, this is just the PC version getting a Steam release. I wouldn't get my hopes up for Xbox to Steam ports.

This. I still have the original PC discs of the game that came out ages ago.

That version of the game still works with Windows 7 without much fuss. Also supports widescreen resolutions without a WSGF patch, which is somewhat of a rarity back then.

This Steam release is just a formality, a mostly effortless release.

coopolon

I have never heard of this game and I was xbox only for that generation. And my favorite genre was RPGs. Weird.

Awesome price though, I'm really impressed, makes it a no brainer purchase.

Top Bottom