• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda Wii-U Shown at Nintendo Digital Event ["2015"]

Mato

I hope they explore this new visual style and go wild with it. Make some really imaginative places to explore. I felt WW was such a missed opportunity because of that. The style was great but the game world was rather limited in creativity. I dig this pseudo-futurism. There's a lot of mythical/sci-fi stuff in Ulysses 31 that would translate very nicely into the Zelda space. Obviously they would have to be cleaned-up and improved. Examples:

This environment in this Ulysses 31 episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLBC1F80E9198EC877&v=r24FC7ZCWGk&feature=player_detailpage#t=414

Thundercats ending
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZxT-iYdtS8

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Rethinking those conventions brah. They told the origin story for all the previous games, so now the legend kinda seems stale, right? We know the reasons for why things happen. The magic is gone. So I can understand why they'd want to tell a story not bound by those
Hylia and Demise reincarnation
restrictions. Right?

Sure. But then it isn't really about "the legend of Zelda" anymore. A game taking place before SS would literally have no connection to all that stuff. And it wouldn't really make sense to have Link in it, since that whole "born to be a hero" thing only started with the events in SS (I think?).

northead

Do we have the full minute-long video in 1080p? Like, actual good quality?
It seems to be the only thing Nintendo hasn't uploaded on their YT channel.

Rethinking those conventions brah. They told the origin story for all the previous games, so now the legend kinda seems stale, right? We know the reasons for why things happen. The magic is gone. So I can understand why they'd want to tell a story not bound by those
Hylia and Demise reincarnation
restrictions. Right?

For you I guess.

The modern Zelda games are critically acclaimed, and a lot of people love them.
It's one of the reason's why this thread is so active, it's why people are anticipating a game with a 45 second trailer
People who don't like the DS games, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword are a small vocal minority.
I doubt they're trying to reboot the story because a few people on places like GAF don't like Twilight Princess. :/

Garcia

The fact that this is will (apparently) be the very first open world Zelda game (no scrolling, loading screens, just constant fluid motion) got me soooo excited.

And I don't care about Link's gender. Why should we?

cackhyena

Regardless of Link being a boy or a girl: I would.

3464279389.png

RoadHazard

Gold Member
All those game but two will be out by the year's end, why wait? Jump in as soon as you can I say. Especially with that great backlog of previously released games.

I'll also be waiting. Zelda is the first Wii U game I MUST have (although there are certainly a couple others I want to play at some point too), and I'm hoping for a price drop before it releases. Or maybe a great bundle.

Darryl

Banned
If this was Zelda, as some are suggesting, why would they make her look more like a feminine Link than Zelda? While these characters certainly change from game to game, you can always recognize them. Also, why zero boobs? SS Zelda certainly has them. No, that theory is rather ridiculous IMO. I also don't think it's a female Link. Feels like too drastic a step for Nintendo to take with one of their most iconic characters. And if it was a female Link, why not made that more clear? This looks like a feminine teenage boy, not a girl. Again, zero boobs, etc.

I agree, it looks like a feminine teenage boy. I've never felt like Link was ever very masculine. It's kinda neat that they took it to the next level.

Garcia

All those game but two will be out by the year's end, why wait? Jump in as soon as you can I say. Especially with that great backlog of previously released games.

I'm really considering it after someone posted that Mario Kart 8 console bundle (which I didn't know even existed).

Besides... Now that I think about it, there are at least 5 games I want to play already:

• SM3D World
  • Mario Kart 8
  • Bayonetta 2
  • DKC Tropical Freeze
  • NSMB U

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really considering it after someone posted that Mario Kart 8 console bundle (which I didn't know even existed).

Besides... Now that I think about it, there are at least 5 games I want to play already:

• SM3D World
  • Mario Kart 8
  • Bayonetta 2
  • DKC Tropical Freeze
  • NSMB U

*ahem* Wonderful 101

Lernaean

Banned
Don't hate me guys, i realy love your fanfiction, but when more info surfaces about the game please don't start raging at Nintendo for not making Link female.
You made it up, Ninty never promised anything :p

Karkador

Banned
Don't hate me guys, i realy love your fanfiction, but when more info surfaces about the game please don't start raging at Nintendo for not making Link female.
You made it up, Ninty never promised anything :p

I don't think anyone is being that optimistic

I already did, and I already said they were fakes merely two pages ago.

How bout taking your edits down so people who don't read every single post in the thread don't keep falling for it?

egocrata

Banned
I always say that the Original Zelda is one of the most influential games ever, as it was the first truly open world game.

I am glad Nintendo is going back to those roots.

The game looks incredible. I don´t know if that is in engine or not, but the art design is amazing. Nintendo is the best software house in the planet, and it shows. It shows.

Darkangel

I honestly do think Link looks like a chick in the trailer, but they would have mentioned it if they changed him into a girl.

Has anyone from Nintendo debunked this yet?

hetchi

wiiu_zelda_scrn02_e3xpogw.png

I have a Wii U already. I got it for Wind Waker HD and now I can't wait to play this! An open world Zelda title is so appealing and the land looks so vast.

Jobbs

Banned
Am I crazy or do I see some chest in this picture?

tTG8Vwu.jpg

This girl thing might not be wrong.

That may be the doctored version, can't remember, but my assessment that link (or whoever the character featured is) is a female is based on careful study of the video frame by frame. If this is a male, then Nintendo has some weird ideas about proportion and anatomy. I implore you to watch the video and pay careful attention to posture, particularly the torso and its size relative to the pelvic and leg region. Link often has a feminine face but never before has his entire body been feminine. I'd bet money on this being a female, and, in fact, I did.

Jofamo

Who says its Link? With all this discussion, it could very easily be a more tomboyish Zelda, as a playable character!

Can you imagine?

MicH

I don't give a shit if Link is a girl or a boy that's very feminine, I really like the design. In fact, I love everything about this game so far.

mishakoz

Not to be a downer, but I am shocked at the amount of love this tease is getting. It looked amazing, but was incredibly short, the open world was talked about an in no way shown, and we don't have any characters, story, or any other details.

Top Bottom