• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2014 [Up3: All Hardware (June/LTD), Top 10 Software SKUs]

In this thread you have to back up your statements as we've just seen.

I did not. I just checked again, my first post about this topic was asking you for source.

Then you can easily find the quote where I did.

No it want, if that was true who was I responding to? There you go.

SwiftDeath. Please keep up.

That's such a strawman. People in that thread were estimating all over the place, Swiftdeath's post was an example of the high and low estimates. Using an average or close to it seems to be a fair way to come up with a "consensus" estimate.

You're not, but I too read that thread and 4.5 million isn't an unreasonable number to pick from it. I was thinking a little lower 4.3, but 4.5 isn't crazy going by it. What is GAF consensus then?

The Shamaylan twist is there is no GAF consensus.

And while I don't know how it stands as a bannable offense, trying to prop up an argument by appealing to the idea of a GAF consensus, or that GAF is a singularly hivemind like entity not a collection of individuals with differing points of view, is frowned upon.

Raist

Banned
That's such a strawman. People in that thread were estimating all over the place, Swiftdeath's post was an example of the high and low estimates. Using an average or close to it seems to be a fair way to come up with a "consensus" estimate.

1) That was a joke

2) The majority of posts in that thread go for 4.2. Including SwiftDeath shortly after his first
awful
guesstimate.

Being the GAF consensus I guess he had to anyway

But anyway, on Tuesday I 100% guaranteed that the Xbox, one sold over 5 million to consumers, which is my original point. I will standby my statement being 4.5-4.8 only is Impossible. But we'll find out on Tuesday.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I like how the post I responded to is missing. You sure like being a troll. Best to ignore you as your an obvious trap.
Because based on trajectory the reasonable assumption is that the PS3 is ahead.

But you made an actual positive assertion that this is wrong in addition to asserting a specific milestone was hit earlier by the 360, so you need to back it up. Do you not know what burden of proof is when assertions are made?

But anyway, on Tuesday I 100% guaranteed that the Xbox, one sold over 5 million to consumers, which is my original point. I will standby my statement being 4.5-4.8 only is Impossible. But we'll find out on Tuesday.

It seems highly unlikely MS is going to announce XB1 sold through numbers on Tuesday

We'll more than likely simply get updated shipped numbers

And Chobel never post NPD thread walls of shame. It's always me

I suspect MS will only be announcing shipped numbers, so all of this will have been for nothing.

Edit: Damn it, beaten by consensus guy.

Amir0x

Banned

man you are a wild one, i love the confidence. Feisty NeoGAFers are super fun

i mean i suppose it's possible it could be at 5 million sold to consumers. who knows!

So would you say 4.2 was the consensus?

itsatrap.jpg

But yeah, I think it seemed to be the number most people were gravitating to.

psn

You both made claims and yes, he was first:

Care to explain how it's incorrect? Or rather, care to explain how XBox One is more like the PS3 than the Wii U?

Also, Ps3 beat 360. Didn't know if you'd heard. It happened quite a while ago. The more important point was that the first two years of the PS3's sales were the worst and then it continued to increase in yearly sales until now. Who is to say that the worst years of the Wii U's sales aren't behind us?
Link

Where he probably was referring to this:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/10/report-ps3-surpasses-xbox-360s-worldwide-shipped-total

And here is your claim:
No I am talking about world wide sales. 360 hit 84 before the ps3 did. Ps3 never passed the 360...yet. There is no evidence to suggest otherwise.

Link

Edit:
Your theory is incorrect. Not only that, ps3 beat the 360?

I don't know if that counts as a first claim though...

But you made an actual positive assertion that this is wrong in addition to asserting a specific milestone was hit earlier by the 360, so you need to back it up. Do you not know what burden of proof is when assertions are made?
Stop running and prove the PS3 is ahead. You believe it, you said it, you claimed it. Once you do that I will show you my responce.

Ask yourself this: if MS is above 5M sold to consumers let's say, it'll most likely be something low like 5.2/5.3 somehow

So why would MS want to announce publicly that XB1 sold through say 5.2M consoles WW in July when Sony announced 7M sold through back in April?

Not a smart PR move I would think

Note: I don't actually think MS is above 5M sold through mind you, it's purely a hypothetical

Investors?
Ask yourself this: if MS is above 5M sold to consumers let's say, it'll most likely be something low like 5.2/5.3 somehow

So why would MS want to announce publicly that XB1 sold through say 5.2M consoles WW in July when Sony announced 7M sold through back in April?

Not a smart PR move I would think

Note: I don't actually think MS is above 5M sold through mind you, it's purely a hypothetical

BOOM THAT SIZZLE IN MY STEAK SAYS IM HOT!

You are talking about the US market, whereas the other user is talking about worldwide sales. So both of you are right.

No I am talking about world wide sales. 360 hit 84 before the ps3 did. Ps3 never passed the 360...yet. There is no evidence to suggest otherwise.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...to-remain-revenue-mainstays-for-years-to-come

The report also highlights that just this past December, Sony's PS3 managed to surpass the number of Xbox 360s shipped worldwide (about 77 million vs. 76 million), despite the PS3 launching a year later.

Just stahp. plz

Investors?

Why would investors be happy to hear that you're still like 2M behind your closest competitor after like 3 months?

In all fairness, 360 did hit 80m WW about 1 month before the PS3 did, late last year. I believe that's according to official announcements from both Microsoft and then - a month later - Sony. As you mentioned, I believe PS3 is ahead simply based on trajectory, and I think (maybe not?) I am the one whose statement spurned the initial "no way that PS3 is ahead" mini-argument about 6 pages back. Never knew that either console maker had announced 84m or which one had hit it first, however.

Amir0x

Banned
Stop running and prove the PS3 is ahead. You believe it, you said it, you claimed it. Once you do that I will show you my responce.

I didn't claim it. Stop saying I did. It's annoying to be accused by you of all people.

my god at this exchange, benny you have to admit Isleofsancroy is amazing

BOOM THAT SIZZLE IN MY STEAK SAYS IM HOT!

yo this guy is a classic new NeoGAFer. One for the rookie trading cards methinks. Awesome entertainment so far.

Isleofsancroy said:
Lol get a source that is not laughed at on had please.

Hahaha omg after what just happened in this topic with bish hahahahah

Raist

Banned
Let's have fun with more numbers!

The PS3 passed 80M as of Nov 2nd 2013.

PS3+PS4 sales in Oct-Nov-Dec + Jan-Feb-Mar = 11.5M
Of which, 7M are PS4.

That leaves 4.5M PS3, but October 2013 already included in the 80M figure.
But then there's Apr-May 14 to add, as the 360 passed 84M around early June.

edit: that's shipments btw, but I'm pretty sure the 360 figure us as well.

ethomaz

Banned
Guys can we stop now.

Except MS nobody knows how much XB1 sold to consumers at end of March... it can be anything from 3.8m to 4.7m (yeap I'm using the crazy lows and highs).

Please don't make yourself get banned for that.

Edit - My advice was too late... he got banned.

Well to be fair IDC clearly messed up, unless Microsoft somehow managed to catch up by late 2013.

All one has to show to prove Isle's statement I highlighted incorrect is some reasonable evidence that PS3 passed 360 WW. Whether that was the case or not is hard to say but IDC's $4500 report is better evidence than Isle's gut I would imagine

Bundy

Banned
Wow, what's going on here :)
Still a heated discussion, as I can see.

So Microsoft Fiscal Year 2014 Fourth Quarter Earnings will be presented on tuesday.
When are you guys expecting more Sony numbers?

I don't quite get the PS4.
I'm not gonna purchase one yet, but since it's a self fulfilling prophecy in terms of where the games go, with these sales, eventually I'll have to buy one too.
giphy.gif

Top Bottom