• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1080P Driveclub Beta Screenshots!

SerTapTap

They pretty much always show videos, the game just looks better in motion (motion blur kinda insures that), jeez chill out.

So... this is a good time to start having people mention when people use images from photo modes or not when bragging about racing game image quality, maybe? Awful pet peeve. The fact that the thread managed to make it to page 3 without someone posting a Forza Horizon photo mode teaser image is, frankly, miraculous.

There are massive differences between photo mode shots, specially-rendered "in-engine" shots, stuff taken as a screencap from a video feed, the way the game takes screengrabs mid-gameplay, stuff taken from a sole still frame of a HD trailer, etc etc etc.; And all of that is before you start talking about the resolution any of these might be using. All are varying levels of the "bullshot" we all complain about. Racing games have suffered more than other genres in the age of trying to explain the context of an image.

From what it looks like these are "yanked" shots from the middle of gameplay. Basically the least-complimentary you can take.

Edit: See immediately below for actual comparisons.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Video inside

https://mega.co.nz/#!Ph03CRqS!AYOHo4APW5m76IxBXfSEy8eynFiheiUD7eoQzePQfNc

xnnvxb.jpg

tudmxy.jpg

nqlmkd.jpg

wjdafi.jpg

cbyiri.jpg

yywdlj.jpg

exgyas.jpg

jdbxdd.jpg

oohphp.jpg

sgsflb.jpg

xrpyfc.jpg

xsivgq.jpg

zcwcce.jpg

Source: https://twitter.com/GamesDisciple/status/505508492614959104

Mr Moose

Those screenshots look like shit (probably taken from a YouTube video).
They need to let me have a taste of that cupcake so I can take some screens *cough*.
Edit: Those ones above look much better, and they have the correct RGB, the ones in the OP look like its set to limited(?).

There isn't a better looking racer anywhere so if you want to complain about the graphics, well let me know what your racer of choice is.

Also anyone else notice that Sony games are pretty much expected to be graphically at the top or people rip the games to shreds? No matter the genre, they have to blow us away or face the wrath of the concerned.

Nope, not getting that feeling at all. People can say what they like.

Seanspeed

Banned
Racing games always look way better in motion than at a stand still.
Any game that doesn't have you sitting still very often will be the same. I'm a huge fan of clean IQ and high quality screenshots, but I do know that when it comes down to it, in motion, most games are much more impressive looking that any screenshot would let on.

Megasoum

Banned
And people were bashing the pCars graphics in the other thread? lol come on

Edit: The video does look much better though.

The game looks fantastic, but the shots in the OP look like shit from all of that compression. Even the shots above don't look that great because of slight artifacts, but it does the game a bit more justice.

These screens are fantastic. People screaming "downgrade" are crazy.

And complaining about motion blur in screens is ridiculous. There's a reason the sense of speed looks so good in motion.

The sunset pic is sexy :) really rooting for these guys at evolution, I live a couple of miles away from them. Only major dev I know of in my area now as Studio Liverpool and Bizarre Creations are gone.

SerTapTap

This is one sooo good.

The only game that I think will give this a run for money in terms of graphics is the PC release of Ryse. Otherwise, this is(or will be) the most impressive graphics we've seen yet.

THE PETALS. Those are realtime? Holy shit

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
You have to be kidding me.

Are we gong to pretend we dont have tons of gameplay footage of this game now?
Obviously. This is a driveclub thread. This is the first time I've heard of the game.

Looks like a low rent GT.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Shots in OP look downright bad compared to previous footage. I'm hoping it's not another downgrade...

When was it downgraded before? All I've seen is a constant improvement since this game was announced. These pics are not representative of the actual game. We've seen plenty of footage to show us that.

hydruxo

Yeah I don't think you can judge a racing game too much off of screens but it does look a little rough in these. I don't think there's any reason to be concerned yet though.

holy christ those pics. the image quality is stunning. the graphics are amazing. this is real life, I'm going to get to play this game in just over a month.

edit : fuck I just noticed the petals. there must be hundreds of them

Don't forget to download the rar file (mega link), it has a hud-less hot lap video in there. Looks pretty good

going to watch right now :)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Don't forget to download the rar file (mega link), it has a hud-less hot lap video in there. Looks pretty good

Seanspeed

Banned
And people were bashing the pCars graphics in the other thread? lol come on
Yea, its really baffling how many people jumped to the defense of DriveClub here with the explanation of compressed video/screenshots, but only a scant few people did the same with Project Cars' Youtube footage.

I wonder why people are so quick to jump on the downgrade wagon for any game compared to an upgrade one

They see one not so clean screen and without any hesitation or wondering on why it looks like that, they jump up and scream to the heavens...

"BEHOLD OH THY PEOPLE A DOWNGRADE HAS OCCURRED!" "JUDGE THY WORLD, JUDGE THY GAME!" "WE HAVE BEEN DUPPED"

;P

beercr8te

Banned
Those captures look low quality compared to the videos i've seen, makes the game look bad, although its not in the videos. Can't wait to see the ps plus game, then i'll know if i go the whole hog and buy the game.

pixlexic

Banned
the game looks really good. I love all the motion in the background!!

I still wish they would get rid of the motion blur.

I wonder why people are so quick to jump on the downgrade wagon for any game compared to an upgrade one

They see one not so clean screen and without any hesitation or wondering on why it looks like that, they jump up and scream to the heavens...

"BEHOLD OH THY PEOPLE A DOWNGRADE HAS OCCURRED!" "JUDGE THY WORLD, JUDGE THY GAME!" "WE HAVE BEEN DUPPED"

;P

Downgrades are more common, probably? I've seen plenty of scenarios of people saying graphics improving too.

Foxigon

Banned
I'm sure the game looks as solid as ever in motion. You know, as racing games are meant to be played. o_o

That said, I don't have a PS4 or Xbox One (budget constraints), but I do wish something similar like Forza Horizon 2 or Driveclub would come along for PC.

Top Bottom