• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 Gameplay Demo [Up: Sony - Was running at 30 fps]

camac002

LOL kinda reminds me of this from UNchartd 3

P6PHrbQ.jpg

Please if you guys have played uncharted three.. Is this how the game really looks.. ALl super clean and no sign of Aliasing at all and the super-duper texture and DoF?

What's the point of this picture? Is it so hard to believe that U3 actually does looks like that in that particular moment? A high quality bark texture is streamed in and can be repeated throughout the forest. At that distance, that is how a lot of textures in third person games look. They would break down if the game was first person and your face was right up on the tree. The U3 AA was good on objects close to the camera, but crap in other areas. Extra aliasing is hidden by the DoF which can be used when Drake is in aiming mode. And of course this image is a pure 720p and not scaled like we would see on TV.

reKon

Banned
I haven't played Tomb Raider (2013). Does it's gameplay come close to what we saw today from Uncharted 4 (animation, gunplay, enemy AI/awareness, last known position, traversal moveset)?..

Maybe it wasn't, but it looked scripted - and that's pretty immersion breaking when you play the game.
If the game looks like it's not you playing it, even if you're the one playing it, then why even play it?

What hyped me the most in the video is how you have a lot of option and ways to tackle the combat and everything looks so fluid. One of the main reason I'm an Uncharted fan is the "sandbox" encunters who let you tackle the enemies like you feel doing it and it always look natural and fluid.

With Uncharted 4, this looks even more impressive and there's praticaly no flaw in the fluidity and chain of events, it looks so natural that you think it's scripted but it's clearly not and you can see in the video that the player could chose other ways to fight. The inclusion of the an interactive AI like in TLOU means the encounters will be even more replayable and feel fresh each time.

I haven't played Tomb Raider (2013). Does it's gameplay come close to what we saw today from Uncharted 4 (animation, gunplay, enemy AI/awareness, last known position, traversal moveset)?..

Not even close to previous uncharted games. TR 2013 combat was very underwhelming for an Uncharted fan. What I liked in this game was the exploration and platforming who remind me of Jak and Daxter.

I was so disapointed by the first part of the video but as soon as Drake is spotted, ND genius was in display and it is awesome. There's no game like this. Just thinking they got another year to polish all this blows my mind.

Gorillaz

So is it safe to say they are keeping some of what Amy was doing with UC4 going forward? Because the teaser from the ps4 launch had the map show south africa and it seemed like with some of those accents that's where the demo was.

It would be REALLY something if it felt alot like farcry 3 in terms of being on the island/coast

Canklestank

Neo Member
If anyone is still interested, here is the full Gamersyde version of the demo with the corrected Full RGB levels - complete with audio this time.

Removed...

Enjoy!

Fake Edit:

Curious, did you "fix"the whole video too? Was kinda disappointed to see only 5 minutes.

I have the whole video done. I had to reupload it due to forgetting the audio the first time.

So is it safe to say they are keeping some of what Amy was doing with UC4 going forward? Because the teaser from the ps4 launch had the map show south africa and it seemed like with some of those accents that's where the demo was.

It would be REALLY something if it felt alot like farcry 3 in terms of being on the island/coast

i would be curious to see if they even credit amy or show her on their bts video given that she was fired.

Vroadstar

Titanfall runs like crap on PC and doesn't look nearly nice enough to justify it. Doesn't change the fact that it's a phenomenal game that should be played by any fan of MP shooters. And screaming to high heavens? A single comment that it doesn't look as good as it used to and a post explaining which parts specifically is screaming to high heavens? I think it's much more telling how much energy has gone into digging into my post history than discussing the content. Saying that a game doesn't look as nice as it once did based on video that everyone has seen is very different from pooping on the gameplay of a game that you have not actually properly played. Enough of this discussion - if you honestly believe that the game looks just as good as it did, argue that point rather than resorting to ad hominem.

Oh so if you don't care about graphics then, why is it first thing you noticed is a downgrade to graphics to a game series made by ND who's known for being one of the top dogs when it comes to graphics and where even the ICE team comes from?

So you just admitted your trolling this thread? I guess you don't want anybody mentioning your post history because it burns right? ouch...

Atruvius

That looked really nice and it sort reminded me of Uncharted 1 with that jungle setting. And the combat encounter felt more like UC2 than 3. I'll buy a PS4 just for this game.

I really liked the new tr and yes uc4 in terms of gameplay looks like an improvement on tr, the level seem even more open. Tr reboot was actually an improvement on uc2 formula, its vastly different from older tr games

Tagyhag

Did you guys miss the words, "pre-alpha stage of development?"

The game is definitely not finalized but that "pre-alpha" term that devs throw around, especially during E3, is a crock of shit. I remember Destiny and Siege doing the same thing.

Its the same apart from being bruised and wet. Also seems ND reversed their decision for a much older drake(though like someone said it might be a flashback sequence)

Never thought of that. If that's true, I bet A: the guy is not Drake's brother, at least biologically and B: is the same character that we heard from the original trailer, initially played by Todd Stashwick. Maybe Drake turns him in to the authorities or something and he escapes, seeking revenge.

Drac84

Naughty Dog: "Hey guys, we just reached the summit of K2!"
Gamers: "You said you were going to climb Everest"
Naughty Dog: "Yea, we'll still aim to climb to the top of Everest next year, but we might not make it because that's super hard. For now though, we just reached the summit of K2, which is pretty awesome right?"
Gamers: "It's not Everest"
Naughty Dog: "Well no, but considering most other console devs have barely reached the peak of Mount Buller, we think K2 is pretty damn impressive"
Gamers: "Also a water canteen clipped into a rock wall"
Naughty Dog:
zl8Be3w.gif

StuBurns

Banned
While it does actually look like an iteration of TR'13, the more likely reality is that it's an iteration of TLoU.

The design evolution from UC2 to TLoU was about larger levels, with richer stealth implementation and much more dynamic encounter design, all visible here, but with the UC arcadey action being reintroduced.

So horny for this shit.

Oh so if you don't care about graphics then, why is it first thing you noticed is a downgrade to graphics to a game series made by ND who's known for being one of the top dogs when it comes to graphics and where even the ICE team comes from?

So you just admitted your trolling this thread? I guess you don't want anybody mentioning your post history because it burns right? ouch...
Don't misrepresent my stance. Didn't say I didn't care about graphics, nor did I say that the game looks like crap - it looks beautiful. Just not as beautiful (or smooth, for now) as they initially promised IMO.

And I really doubt you want people trolling your post history.

I know it's in alpha but honestly I was expecting Uncharted 4's first gameplay demo to blow The Order away instead it's the reverse

TBF, U4 is running at 1080p. Which counts for a lot IMO.

Sid

I know it's in alpha but honestly I was expecting Uncharted 4's first gameplay demo to blow The Order away instead it's the reverse

Kaswa101

Naughty Dog: "Yea, we'll still aim to climb to the top of Everest next year, but we might not make it because that's super hard. For now though, we just reached the summit of K2, which is pretty awesome right?"
Naughty Dog: "Well no, but considering most other console devs have barely reached the peak of Mount Buller, we think K2 is pretty damn impressive"
Naughty Dog:
zl8Be3w.gif

Game4life

Banned

It did if you care about gameplay. Apparently some people dont in this forum and care only about the graphics.

While it does actually look like an iteration of TR'13, the more likely reality is that it's an iteration of TLoU.

The design evolution from UC2 to TLoU was about larger levels, with richer stealth implementation and much more dynamic encounter design, all visible here, but with the UC arcadey action being reintroduced.

So horny for this shit.

This! TLOU combat spaces mixed with UC arcady movement is bliss!

Kinyou

Naughty Dog:
zl8Be3w.gif
That's what happens if you set the expecations too high and they can blame themselves for that. Before ND talked about it pretty much no one expected UC4 to run at 60fps.
But they did talk about it, and now it's of course a disappointment if it doesn't run at 60

Karl Hawk

Banned
Nice catch. But, but, hair shadows! And stuff! THIS IS IMPORTANT

Haha I know right. Thought the same thing.

I wonder. Look at this post. Hyperbolic trolling or just... I don't know. I call Poe. XD

Well, in any case, the shit he spews from his keyboard is so astounding, I'm thinking he's either very hard to impress or just a poster who spews hyperbolic garbage.

God, I hate Totobeni so much

Anyways,the game looks impressive to me. I can see this a system seller on later 2015. :p

Naughty Dog:
zl8Be3w.gif

lmao. well done

FATALITY

Banned

So horny for this shit.

Yep, no more spam enemies. i think u could pass through that section without kill anybody.

oh no the end of mass murderer drake! lol

That's what happens if you set the expecations too high and they can blame themselves for that. Before ND talked about it pretty much no one expected UC4 to run at 60fps.
But they did talk about it, and now it's of course a disappointment if it doesn't run at 60

yeah because we saw the final version of the game.

that's like saying the next asscreed is gonna be 30 fps because that's what they showed you on stage.

Finally got to watch this. And it looks pretty bad. I guess i was expecting something that looked somewhat impressive. Its still early though from what im reading here, but that reveal trailer hyped up the visuals.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I really enjoyed the reveal.

Did get a few Tomb Raider vibes from the reveal though? Anyone else feel the same?

Looking forward to playing this gem :) And the attention to detail from Naughty Dog is just amazing. Wow.

daveo42

Banned
Naughty Dog:
zl8Be3w.gif

K2 is supposed to be harder, more technical climb than Everest. No one really wants to go there anyway because of all those damn tourists clogging up the path.

ND should stick with K2.

KaiserBecks

Naughty Dog:
zl8Be3w.gif

I guess that's just the flipside of constantly being called "Naughty Gods". People have expectations.

Even if The Order turns out to be visually more impressive than Uncharted 4, shouldn't we be excited that another developer has managed to outdo ND, who we already know are wizards? Why does the narrative have to be that ND disappointed us?

Kinyou

yeah because we saw the final version of the game.

that's like saying the next asscreed is gonna be 30 fps because that's what they showed you on stage.
Yes... that would actually be a pretty logical expectation. Are you saying people shouldn't be upset that AC doesn't hit 30fps?

Not sure I see your point.

twdnewh_k

I think they should not have shown it in its current form. I understand its in early development but it leaves a bad impression.

Sid

Even if The Order turns out to be visually more impressive than Uncharted 4, shouldn't we be excited that Sony has a 1st party studio that managed to outdo ND, who we already know are wizards? Why does the narrative have to be that ND disappointed us?
RaD isn't a first party studio

RaD isn't a first party studio

Thanks, I sometimes forget that, though Santa Monica is indeed collaborating. Regardless, why can't we give credit where it's due to The Order instead of talking about Uncharted 4 being disappointing because it doesn't look as good?

daveo42

Banned
Even if The Order turns out to be visually more impressive than Uncharted 4, shouldn't we be excited that Sony has a 1st party studio that managed to outdo ND, who we already know are wizards? Why does the narrative have to be that ND disappointed us?

I think they have different design goals though and art styles. Plus, RaD's game has been shown to be more in tighter corridors and locations while the one big reveal from ND is a wider area.

Yes... that would actually be a pretty logical expectation. Are you saying people shouldn't be upset that AC doesn't hit 30fps?

Not sure I see your point.

it means just that. blaming a dev so early into the dev cycle. they have a year left to finish the game. did they say it is going to be 30 fps on launch? wasn't the footage pre-alpha? isn't framerate one of the last things to get worked on as the release approaches?

Finally got to watch this. And it looks pretty bad. I guess i was expecting something that looked somewhat impressive. Its still early though from what im reading here, but that reveal trailer hyped up the visuals.
If you didnt even find that somewhat impressive I doubt you will have a change of heart when it releases. And on what fucking planet does this look "pretty bad?" Where the fuck am I?

Top Bottom