• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub DLC broken?

OP are you in the US? If so, can you send me your PSNID? I'll raise your issue through the MVP program. That does not sound normal.

Famassu

Two other people in this thread alone have had issues. something is wrong. Don't really see while you are trying to defend this

how is this game only 3GB?
To be fair, people with negative experiences tend to be more vocal about it. If a thread like this only has 3 people with problems (and unless there are suddenly dozens & dozens of people more), I think the problem might not be all that widespread and perhaps not entirely DC related. Might be more of an issue with how PS4 handles update patches/installing DLC for (at least certain) games and how it somehow screws up some kind of in-game check that the installed DLC is recognized as such in-game as well.

Same issue for me. I feel like if you go into your garage, select the new DLC cars and then click download, it might work. For me I clicked ignition events and then downloaded the DLC so all cars in the event are locked.

I can play ignition events as long as the cars in the event are not part of the new DLC.

Tried restoring licenses, completely shutting down and nothing worked.

Famassu

Same issue for me. Subbing thread and hoping for a solution.
You're better off pm'ing Rushy or contacting him through Twitter or something. At least he can help you find the problem (if it's not just PS4 and/or DC glitching) if he's not too busy & offer all the solutions that have helped people before.

Vroadstar

You're better off pm'ing Rushy or contacting him through Twitter or something. At least he can help you find the problem (if it's not just PS4 and/or DC glitching) if he's not too busy & offer all the solutions that have helped people before.

I agree with this, when I had trouble downloading 1.07 patch I contacted them thru FB and twitter it got fixed the very next day : )

Cool. I don't have Twitter, but maybe I can PM his GAF account?

Yep .. still no dice

If that and setting it as your primary PS4 doesn't work, and you are downloading the DLC from the same region store as the game it would be best to go directly to Sony support so they can see what isn't lining up in your account to allow access.

Is there a minimum point in the regular events you need to reach to unlock the DLC event packs? Like a driver level or something? I didn't notice any benchmark when I played the other day but I'm already level 30.

Famassu

Cool. I don't have Twitter, but maybe I can PM his GAF account?
You can try. Or if doesn't read pms on NeoGAF, just try to get his attention in some of the DriveClub threads if you see him posting in one. Or if you have a facebook account, try bringing up the problem on the official DriveClub page. SOmeone from the team managing it might notice & help you.

Vroadstar

If a game works, you download DLC, and then it doesn't work, the DLC is broken.

Wait what? hello Earth.... it's not about the game the gaffer is talking about it's about the free DLC he is having trouble with.

The game doesn't work then DLC is broken? so that's what you call logic...hmmm

As my grade school teacher kept on reminding us, always read & understand the questions carefully before you answer

Wait what? hello Earth.... it's not about the game the gaffer is talking about it's about the free DLC he is having trouble with.

The game doesn't work then DLC is broken? so that's what you call logic...hmmm

As my grade school teacher kept on reminding us, always read & understand the questions carefully before you answer

Why does this topic have a defense force? I just want to play the damn game. To me and some others, it's broken. I'm glad it's not for you but you belittling our issues doesn't help get this resolved.

lem0n

Count me in on having an issue. All I want to do is drive the Lykan, damnit! Hoping it gets resolved soon..

d9b

Banned
Make sure your game and DLC is from same region.

Example: EU game + USA DLC = not working and DLC is no show

Vroadstar

Why does this topic have a defense force? I just want to play the damn game. To me and some others, it's broken. I'm glad it's not for you but you belittling our issues doesn't help get this resolved.

Relax dude, as I mentioned previously, I hope you sort out your issues with the DLC as I myself had issues with DC downloading patch 1.07 before.

So your over reaction like saying there is a defense force(really?) and the bolded one (please quote me where I belittled your issues) is rather uncalled for.

Anyway, to help you and the few, I even suggested that you can FB or twit rushy or DC to get this sorted out because that worked for me with my issues : )

Has anyone tried a hard boot? I've had issues where my DLC doesnt show up when I DL it but it worked after a hard reset. Sorry if this was already tried.

Doesn't work for me. (ignition cars, not tour - tour shows but can't do any events that require ignition car)

Random notes:

1/ done restore licenses
2/ done reboot restart (of course)
3/ ps4 already listed as activated as primary
4/ US Disc driveclub, US account
5/ Have other DLC such as cars like the Renault, they work ok
6/ All add-ons show "purchased" in store
7/ From browser store, there is a link to "add to download queue of my PS4" but it hangs

that's it.

btw, problems like this that are restricted to a minority, shouldn't be quashed because 90% of people say "hey it works fine for me".
If it doesn't work for 10%, that is still a huge number of people, and the idea that it is just an isolated issue like oh they probably have a corrupted ps4 or something just encourages devs to dismiss it.
Calling support, just takes you off their script. They then look for an excuse to open a case number, which sits, and get rid of the call.

IKizzLE

Yup.
Just reinstalled the game and downloaded the 2.5 gb udpate again, restored my liceneses and turned off my ps4 completely.

Still nothing.

Anyone want to try this?
It was posted in regard to Call of Duty DLC not working for some people on PS4

we have found a workaround that has worked for some people:
From the PS4 main menu press up on the D-Pad and go to Settings → PSN → Sign Out.
After signing out, select Sign In and re-enter your account password to sign in.
From here select Activate as Your Primary PS4 → Activate.
From the main menu highlight Call of Duty: Ghosts and select the Options button and select Delete.
On the PS4 go back to the main menu and press up on the D-Pad and go to Notifications and navigate to the Downloads section.
Go to https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/home/main and select Sign In on the top right of the screen.
Your PSNID will now be in place of the Sign In button. Highlight your PSNID and scroll down to Download List.
Find the Free Fall Dynamic Bonus Map DLC and select Download to Your PS4.
Notice that on the PlayStation 4 the DLC says Cannot install.
Re-insert the Call of Duty: Ghosts disc and the initial install will begin.
After the install has completed navigate back to the Notifications → Downloads section and highlight the DLC. Press X and Retry.
The DLC should now be installed.

Does sombody have an alt account on their PS4 they could try signing into? Maybe if they show up on the alt account it could help narrow the issue down. I would give it a shot but dont have the problem. Just throwing out some ideas.

yes i have an alt

no, it doesnt work there either..

I tried de activating ps4 and then rebooting and signing in and reactivating then restore licenses it gave me a ce-300002-5 error (File not found) at the end of restore licenses

then I deleted driveclub, re inserted the disc, and now its redownloading the update.

Will try safe mode rebuild database but the error restoring licenses should not happen. But restore licenses errors have been an issue reported by many, previously.

fernoca

Yep. DLC was from last month and the issue is with the PSN licences and not the game. For some weird ass reason, the OPs DLC was given a different ID than the game. It has happened to a few people and across a few games. Even LittleBigPlanet 3 is going through this (in this case is even mixed: downloaded DLC not appearing and DLC you own having a price tag).

Other people could even see the game in one place and the DLC in a separate tile (i.e. two tiles in Library).

So, is not an issue with DC per se and if the problems persist, you should contact support. Dynasty Warriors and Minecraft are other games I've seen with people reporting similar problems.

Yep. DLC was from last month and the issue is with the PSN licences and not the game. For some weird ass reason, the OPs DLC was given a different ID than the game. It has happened to a few people and across a few games. Even LittleBigPlanet 3 is going through this (in this case is even mixed: downloaded DLC not appearing and DLC you own having a price tag).

Other people could even see the game in one place and the DLC in a separate tile (i.e. two tiles in Library).

So, is not an issue with DC per se and if the problems persist, you should contact support. Dynasty Warriors and Minecraft are other games I've seen with people reporting similar problems.
Yeah I had a feeling this was a PSN infrastructure issue, not a DriveClub issue. We've learned people have run into this with other games as well.

Come on Sony, fix this.

IKizzLE

Is their anyway to just redownload the add-ons for people with just the discs?
Sure would be nice to use this BMW M4.....

Re-download driveclub completed.
Tried ps4 safe mode rebuild database.

restore licenses still gives an error at the end, and Ignition car DLC still doesn't unlock those cars.

I give up until I see another driveclub patch or ps4 OS patch
or people say someone fixed it within PSN

J3ffro

Doesn't work for me. (ignition cars, not tour - tour shows but can't do any events that require ignition car)

Random notes:

1/ done restore licenses
2/ done reboot restart (of course)
3/ ps4 already listed as activated as primary
4/ US Disc driveclub, US account
5/ Have other DLC such as cars like the Renault, they work ok
6/ All add-ons show "purchased" in store
7/ From browser store, there is a link to "add to download queue of my PS4" but it hangs

This is everything I've done to a T. Though I deactivated as primary, and then reactivated. Otherwise, exactly my experience.

SerTapTap

Yeah I have this bug. Restarting, restore licenses, primary PS4, none of that works. It's definitely the game, no other games have had this issue. I can access the new tour, but can't start any event as it says I need to buy the car. I just recently rebuilt the database because of LBP3 (also to no effect), not even going to try this time.

In case it matters, I "bought" the content on PS4, via the ingame prompt. Not sure if the webstore would have had the same issue.

This is yet another arrow in the quiver of "why the fuck don't you just give free DLC as a patch instead of making it DLC". Octodad did that. We already downloaded all the cars in the DLC because of online compatibility anyway.

That is weird, is your PS4 set as primary? Does restore license option error out at all?
Yep, done all that with no hitches. I'm not sure there's anything left to try but to call Sony support. Unfortunately I have no desire to be sitting on the phone for half a day just to get nothing resolved.

Edit: If this is a similar problem to what's going on with LBP, I guess I can kiss those 5 cars goodbye.

IKizzLE

Its not the ps4, its the game.

Ignition DLC is the only one that has this problem. I downloaded all the DLC all at the same time and they all work except that one DLC combo pack.

tetsujin007

Neo Member
erm yeah i had this prob but solved it before sony emailed me with solutions that i didnt need:

Same issues here last night - so what i did was deleted game and re-downloaded but issues still appeared, then i went into the psn store through the console and saw liveries and other items that such as cars that were available to purchase and download right away [i purchased ignition expansion pack via browser before hence these issues] and any other stuff that you can get your hands on.

After that i still had issue, then i deleted my saves [backed them up first] and rebooted system, started a new save and finally able to enter the new tours.

I copied back my save and it was fine. What a nightmare, but hey it worked in the end.

Try the above before re-downloading the whole game [digital users], just get the dlc the liveries and cars etc, reboot and try it, if fails, try all of the above.

good luck!

I have this very same issue. Posted about it in the DC gif thread. Contacted Sony support and they claim the developers are aware of the issue.

On my mobile, hopefully there is a solution in this thrrad for me as well. Thanks yall.

Its not the ps4, its the game.

Ignition DLC is the only one that has this problem. I downloaded all the DLC all at the same time and they all work except that one DLC combo pack.

I have this issue with Photo Finish and the individual car DLC they provided. In each instance I bought the DLC through the Tour "store."

Top Bottom