• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X: website update (March 12) - New music, alien races and more

L~A

New website update today.

New music

New artworks

img_keyvisual02.png

img_keyvisual03.png

img_keyvisual04.png

img_keyvisual05.png

Battles

Video

img_battle01_01.png

TP

img_battle01_02.jpg

Inner Level

img_battle01_03.jpg

Class Rank

img_battle01_04.jpg

There's also various info on the battle system. It was translated by Siliconera.

Arms company

Some translations over at Siliconera.

Weapon design by Mr. Katagai

Alien races

A look at some of the alien races in the game:

img_world06_02.jpg

– Nopon: they’re natives from planet Mira, you can do business with them.

img_world06_03.jpg

– Ma Non (?): an alien race with really advanced technology. They’re pacifists.

img_world06_04.jpg

– Baias: they're totally NOT pacifists. They’re hostile to Humanity, and they’re one of the main enemies in the game.

Some translations over at Siliconera.

BLADE Short Story Part #2

Will update the website/Twitter OP when we get translations for some of the stuff!

CHC

I'm half expecting a special preview that shows the games ending at this point...

You guys got me already! I'm sold on it!

still waiting for someone to edit this and put TLG logo on it
EDIT: i think the 3rd race probably Baias... or probably Vias instead of Bayas (since they can just use ヤ instead of イア there).

Soulflarz

Banned
I like Sawano, I just dont really think Xenoblade when I hear this. Will reserve judgement until I hear the whole OST though?

Highwind

Sawanooo....

:D

Don't mind the battle theme. The rap....eh, would rather it was taken out but I'll live.

So far I am liking the 3 battle themes we've heard from XCX.

Also from the first battle theme:

"If you are losing your way you need some protection." ;)

Dat Shingeki no Kyojin vibe in the new track <3

I knew it reminded me of an specific anime. Damn Sawano.
It seems like a track for a mecha battle, at least it sounds like a good situation for it to be used. I'll reserve my comments until we get the complete soundtrack, but there has been vocals in almost every song. I don´t know what to think about that.

who's this girl? she's cute and I can't even see her face

Maybe that's intentional, considering some of those faces :)

Still, that artwork with the girl and that creature is pretty good. I wonder what's their role in the game?

jb1234

Well, at least this piece doesn't have the grating J-Pop. That's something. His music is still *way* too heavy on the electronics for my tastes.

Dolls not being accessible full time might hurt me
;( they are too cool

right now I feel all I'll be doing is rushing to get to the point they unlock

Yeah, I've seen a decent number of people not like Hiroyuki Sawano, but I don't think it's too many.

The main criticism I have seen is his overreliance and overuse of vocal samples in plenty of his songs. It is a mixed bag, as some of them are good and some feel out of place.

Also, his ridiculous naming scheme. I hope we don't get a soundtrack with gibberish names as the Attack on Titan or the Kill la Kill one.

Well, at least this piece doesn't have the grating J-Pop. That's something. His music is still *way* too heavy on the electronics for my tastes.

Xenoblade Chronicles had an AWESOME soundtrack, but I must say I'm digging this one as well. I've always been a fan of this guy's works on Anime and J-Dramas, he's very into combining those choral vocals w/ some rock/electronic elements. I think it fits well.

:D

Don't mind the battle theme. The rap....eh, would rather it was taken out but I'll live.

So far I am liking the 3 battle themes we've heard from XCX.

Also from the first battle theme:

"If you are losing your way you need some protection." ;)

Hahaha, that's a great clip.

Really loving the battle music.

The main criticism I have seen is his overreliance and overuse of vocal samples in plenty of his songs. It is a mixed bag, as some of them are good and some felt out of place.

Also, his ridiculous naming scheme. I hope we don't get a soundtrack with gibberish names as the Attack on Titan or the Kill la Kill one.

The song names are gibberish, but not at Shingeki no Kyojin level

random25

I think it wasn't mentioned in the Battle overview video last time. It's the first time I heard about "Tension Arts", which consume 1000TP. Any idea on what are those?

I think it wasn't mentioned in the Battle overview video last time. It's the first time I heard about "Tension Arts", which consume 1000TP. Any idea on what are those?
It was showed multiple times in previous videos, like it says, arts that consume TP and more powerful.

Top Bottom