• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 14, 2015 (Mar 30- Apr 05)

hongcha

Great sales for 3rd Super Robot Wars Z (Vita version tops the charts!). Also nice to see an additional 23k for SAO:LS on Vita. Good hardware sales for Vita and PS4, and a nice 3DS HW bump. I wonder if a significant number of people (5-10K) bought a N3DS just to play Xenoblade 3D?

I wish they would provide more stock for Digimon Cyber Sleuth. It keeps selling out everywhere, and seems to have very good word of mouth. I bought it from Amiami.com last week; they only had it in stock for a few days before it sold out again but in that time it managed to get to #5 on their best sellers for the week. Amazon JP hasn't had it in stock in awhile (or, if it has been in stock, it has sold out extremely quickly).

And wow, Rodea really bombed on both 3DS and Wii U.

Famitsu Sales: Week 14, 2015 (Mar 30 - Apr 05)

| XB1 | 292 | 220 | | 6.373 | | 52.331 |
+-------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+-------------+
[/url]

Woah!, what happened there? Is Famitsu right or is Media Create right? Which one is the superior tracker?

j/k

ivysaur12

Banned
Given that Xenoblade 3DS is a port of a game that wasn't a particuarly huge hit that requires specific hardware to play, those were better sales than I was expecting.

I mean, OG Xenoblade did 79k in its opening with a much larger install base.

sörine;159314992 said:
You need to graph it. Sales-Age are visual learners.

Here we go

PS4 vs. Wii U vs. PS3 vs. GC (Famitsu numbers)

PS4 : 2015/04 week 1
Wii U : 2014/01 week 3
PS3 : 2007/12 week 2
GC : 2002/10 week4

May16

How can it be both? Sold out and no demand?!

You'll find out next week, when every store has it in stock, and yet, the sales number goes down from what it was this week.
(It sold out, but sold just about exactly what the demand was. Therefore, both. No demand for more copies -- or, if not "no" then not enough to have impact on the charts.)

I promise you this will be the case. Bloodborne drops next week despite being restocked and readily available all over the place.

Bookmark this post and I'll see you in 7 days! ^_^

ivysaur12

Banned
Xenoblade had good legs (used) after the fact.

Maaaaybe. I just don't really understand what you'd expect from a downport with this install base? It's not like this is a brand new game, or like in America, where it was only given a very limited release.

I thought it'd do around the Famitsu tracking numbers.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Maaaaybe. I just don't really understand what you'd expect from a downport with this install base? It's not like this is a brand new game, or like in America, where it was only given a very limited release.

I thought it'd do around the Famitsu tracking numbers.

Am sure it being New 3DS hardware specific did not help either.

a new Run for Money game has been announced for 3DS
release date is July 9 (4,740yen), limited edition (5,800yen) includes the "hunters sunglasses" (lol)

source: 4gamer

joecanada

You'll find out next week, when every store has it in stock, and yet, the sales number goes down from what it was this week.
(It sold out, but sold just about exactly what the demand was. Therefore, both. No demand for more copies -- or, if not "no" then not enough to have impact on the charts.)

I promise you this will be the case. Bloodborne drops next week despite being restocked and readily available all over the place.

Bookmark this post and I'll see you in 7 days! ^_^

Every game drops after release, not exactly a bold prediction, the real world questions is how much and is it less than what would have been if everyone found it

hiska-kun

Famitsu Digital Estimates <PlayStation Format> (Feb 23 - Mar 22)

[PS4] Dragon Quest Heroes - 30,7k
[PS4] Resident Evil Revelations 2 - 30,7k
[PSV] Minecraft: PSVita Edition - 25,3k
[PS3] Resident Evil Revelations 2 - 22,8k
[PS3] Dragon Quest Heroes - 16,2k
[PS3] Minecraft: PS3 Edition - 16k
[PS4] Battlefield Hardline - 11,9k
[PS4] Minecraft: PS4 Edition - 10,8k
[PSV] Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - 10k
[PSP] Yu-Gi-Oh: Ark Five Tag Force Special - 8,4k

----

Why is Famitsu tracking so strange not including the last week of March? -.-
It has been like this since December.

May16

Every game drops after release, not exactly a bold prediction, the real world questions is how much and is it less than what would have been if everyone found it

Which is why I never called it one.

It's a fairly obvious prediction. But it seems people are unwilling to believe it.

Every time something sells out or comes close -- every time -- there are people thinking that it's gonna be straight up flying into shopping carts round the land once the stock comes back. And it pretty much never does.

hiska-kun

Accumulated Digital Sales for Minecraft (PlayStation)

[PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition [Digital Version] <ADV> (Mojang AB) (¥2.057) - 256.649

[PS3] Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition [Digital Version] <ADV> (Mojang AB) (¥2.057) - 269.277

[PS4] Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition [Digital Version] <ADV> (Mojang AB) (¥2.057) - 74.024

Total PlayStation Digital: 599.950

a new Run for Money game has been announced for 3DS
release date is July 9 (4,740yen), limited edition (5,800yen) includes the "hunters sunglasses" (lol)

source: 4gamer

Nice. It won't replicate the success of the first two, but it might be a 100k+ seller anyway.

Great sales for 3rd Super Robot Wars Z (Vita version tops the charts!). Also nice to see an additional 23k for SAO:LS on Vita. Good hardware sales for Vita and PS4, and a nice 3DS HW bump. I wonder if a significant number of people (5-10K) bought a N3DS just to play Xenoblade 3D?

I wish they would provide more stock for Digimon Cyber Sleuth. It keeps selling out everywhere, and seems to have very good word of mouth. I bought it from Amiami.com last week; they only had it in stock for a few days before it sold out again but in that time it managed to get to #5 on their best sellers for the week. Amazon JP hasn't had it in stock in awhile (or, if it has been in stock, it has sold out extremely quickly).

And wow, Rodea really bombed on both 3DS and Wii U.

SRW sales are declining overall, though.

extralite

So is there anyone here still thinking XB3D > XBX in terms of sales?

The Wii U has the higher install base and is getting the new game, it's hard to imagine that the 3DS game could outsell the Wii U one.

The Wii U has the higher install base and is getting the new game, it's hard to imagine that the 3DS game could outsell the Wii U one.

At this point, XBX might mimic XB on Wii; if it's going to sell as XB3D it'd be an outright bomb.

Any reason why it should be?

Did not expect it to bomb that badly.

Accumulated Digital Sales for Minecraft (PlayStation)

[PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition [Digital Version] <ADV> (Mojang AB) (¥2.057) - 256.649

[PS3] Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition [Digital Version] <ADV> (Mojang AB) (¥2.057) - 269.277

[PS4] Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition [Digital Version] <ADV> (Mojang AB) (¥2.057) - 74.024

Total PlayStation Digital: 599.950

Near 700k on total now......MC coming for that 1 million.

That would be very sad. I was optimistically thinking XCX could do 150-200k. I don't know anymore. The pre-order stuff isn't looking good.

Famitsu Digital Estimates <PlayStation Format> (Feb 23 - Mar 22)

[PS4] Dragon Quest Heroes - 30,7k
[PS4] Resident Evil Revelations 2 - 30,7k
[PSV] Minecraft: PSVita Edition - 25,3k
[PS3] Resident Evil Revelations 2 - 22,8k
[PS3] Dragon Quest Heroes - 16,2k
[PS3] Minecraft: PS3 Edition - 16k
[PS4] Battlefield Hardline - 11,9k
[PS4] Minecraft: PS4 Edition - 10,8k
[PSV] Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - 10k
[PSP] Yu-Gi-Oh: Ark Five Tag Force Special - 8,4k

----

Why is Famitsu tracking so strange not including the last week of March? -.-
It has been like this since December.

DQH total = 802k
(approx PS4 sales at 315k retail)

ZQWDDzI.png

;P

being sold out isnt a good thing yo ;)

ivysaur12

Banned

It'd be pretty embarrassing if XBX only matched XB3D's sales. I think it'll do better, but maybe I'm overly optimistic.

That would be very sad. I was optimistically thinking XCX could do 150-200k. I don't know anymore. The pre-order stuff isn't looking good.

Lifetime? I think that's a bit optimistic, especially given Xenoblade's sales. I would bet it matches the first week sales of Xenoblade, but doesn't come close to its legs.

extralite

At this point, XBX might mimic XB on Wii; if it's going to sell as XB3D it'd be an outright bomb.
Xenoblade on Wii was supply constrained, I don't think XbX will start as low.

It has been doing great as a preloading title on eShop. Maybe the last presentation featuring mechs and online play will help pre-orders.

Sandfox

Nice. It won't replicate the success of the first two, but it might be a 100k+ seller anyway.

SRW sales are declining overall, though.

This was the end of the SRWZ series so the next game to come out could do better, but at the same time mecha seems to be losing popularity in Japan as a whole from what I've seen and heard.

ivysaur12

Banned
Xenoblade on Wii was supply constrained, I don't think XbX will start as low.

But the Wii's install base was just so much larger. You can maybe make the case that this is more hyped than its predecessor, but, eh.

I don't know if it really matters in the end, because the game apparently did better in the West than in Japan. I can't see a world in which XBX does worse than Xenoblade in America, if just because of the nature of Xenoblade's release.

extralite

But the Wii's install base was just so much larger. You can maybe make the case that this is more hyped than its predecessor, but, eh.

Without knowing how much used sales Xb got, we don't really know how high the ceiling is for the franchise though. Also sales don't scale with install base. Install base just caps potential sales at any given point. If you're not going to sell millions, even an 8 million+ install base will do little for you.

Usobuko

Banned
Rodea and Lost Dimension will be one of the more uncommon examples where niche jpn sales is less than western sales.

Or at least I hope so.

HGH

Banned
I feel like Xenoblade's expectations might be a bit inflated due to the way it came over to the west. Maybe it's just not that strong of an IP really? Not saying the original performed poorly but maybe it wasn't this big huge hit everyone wanted? Or am I misinterpreting?

Also I dunno if it matters but would anyone care for Dengeki Playstation reader's top 10 early impressions? It's basically a "Most anticipated upcoming games" list really but it's interesting to see what the most anticipated stuff is for readers.

Orgen

I feel like Xenoblade's expectations might be a bit inflated due to the way it came over to the west. Maybe it's just not that strong of an IP really? Not saying the original performed poorly but maybe it wasn't this big huge hit everyone wanted? Or am I misinterpreting?

Also I dunno if it matters but would anyone care for Dengeki reader's top 10 early impressions? It's basically a "Most anticipated upcoming games" list really but it's interesting to see what the most anticipated stuff is for readers.

Maybe is because the game got a lot of second hand sales from Japan (more than what it sold first hand). I don't have the numbers in hand but I'm sure someone could bring them here.

I expect XB3DS to crawl to 100.000 and XBX to reach 150.000. We'll see what happens.

hiska-kun

Maybe is because the game got a lot of second hand sales from Japan (more than what it sold first hand). I don't have the numbers in hand but I'm sure someone could bring them here.

I expect XB3DS to crawl to 100.000 and XBX to reach 150.000. We'll see what happens.

Media Create Used Games

[WII] Xenoblade Chronicles <RPG> (Nintendo) {2010.06.10} (¥6.800) - 214.815 <110,82%> (408.664)

The number in brackets is the total new sales + used sales.

Also I dunno if it matters but would anyone care for Dengeki Playstation reader's top 10 early impressions? It's basically a "Most anticipated upcoming games" list really but it's interesting to see what the most anticipated stuff is for readers.

Xenoblade was never a "hit". Only hope is western sales are better....

extralite

Media Create Used Games

[WII] Xenoblade Chronicles <RPG> (Nintendo) {2010.06.10} (¥6.800) - 214.815 <110,82%> (408.664)

The number in brackets is the total new sales + used sales.

So it almost doubled with used sales. Do you have used data for other games, to compare?

extralite

Thanks. FFXIII almost at 3 million with used sales. Lower than I thought but still a lot.

And I misread the Xb one before, more than double as without used. So like I thought, high used prices indicate high used sales. And Monolithsoft's main job is to make players keep their copy to tap into that potential.

Edit: The Last Story also has pretty high used sales though, not too far off from Xenoblade. Hmm.

Top Bottom