• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF e3 Meetup 2009

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)

Current Plan, sans objections:

Time: Wednesday at noon.

Location: TBD (the hallway near the press lunchroom was popular in the past... I need to go grab a map)

----------------------------------
Is there any interest in having a NeoGAF e3 2009 meetup? We've had one in years past, generally during the lunch hour on day 1, 2, or 3.

I didn't see anyone posting about a NeoGAF meetup this year, so... anyone interested? We have some nifty (and/or scary) pictures of past meetups SOMEWHERE...

(There are the afterhours meetups for beverages, too, although after the Folder incident...)

Anyway, if you are interested, how's Wednesday at noon sound? Suggestions? Alterations? Death threats?

Guled said:
to those who are thinking about attending, you might want to read this story first
OK OK If you're from Germany, Australia or Florida you're not allowed.

But yeah let's do Day 1, that's the only day I'm gonna be able to go, I've got work on the other days.

Also, what was the "folder incident"??

AniHawk

polyh3dron said:
Also, what was the "folder incident"??

Some asshole says, "hey guys, go here. Drinks are on me/Nintendo."

GAF shows up. Runs up a $300+ bill. Asshole never shows up. Doesn't pay for it. BuddyC winds up paying for it all. Asshole gets his account deleted.

I think this was E305.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Um, I like to show up, not introduce myself, jump in a picture, and silently slip away. Not that I'm shy - quite the contrary - I just uh, have to stay incognito. So sure I'll stop by :lol

DDayton

The 2nd day was more common in the past... let's see what the consensus is by late Friday, then lock it in.

Assuming we find more people interested, of course. Perhaps this should have been posted a few days ago...

DDayton

Location: TBD (the hallway near the press lunchroom was popular in the past... I need to go grab a map)

Please let me know if you're interested in the meetup... it would be nice to have more than 5 people, after all.

DavidDayton said:

Please let me know if you're interested in the meetup... it would be nice to have more than 5 people, after all.
I r down to meet, assuming I know where the press lunchroom is at.

DavidDayton said:

I am interested but I think I have an appointment set around that time. Let me check.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I'm there, but I'm working.

:(

I'll spend my free time at the Namco Bandai area playing Tekken 6! lol

DDayton

Still verifying the location, but noon-ish near the press lunch room seems typical. I just need a better name for that. Anyone else have info on locations?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
DavidDayton said:

----------------------------------
Is there any interest in having a NeoGAF e3 2009 meetup? We've had one in years past, generally during the lunch hour on day 1, 2, or 3.

I didn't see anyone posting about a NeoGAF meetup this year, so... anyone interested? We have some nifty (and/or scary) pictures of past meetups SOMEWHERE...

(There are the afterhours meetups for beverages, too, although after the Folder incident...)

Anyway, if you are interested, how's Wednesday at noon sound? Suggestions? Alterations? Death threats?

I'd come, but I have a breakout session at that time. So have fun dudes!

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
I have a pretty stacked press schedule this year including a meeting at the proposed time, but if anyone wants to say hi we'll have a playable build of Shatter PSN near the Into the Pixel exhibit. Myself and a couple of other Sidhe guys will be hanging around there a lot of the time.

toneroni

imma be working at the booth/meeting space for most of the time but i'll try to make it.
Maybe an event after the show?

I'll post my booth info later if anyone is down to check out some indie games or play some Raiden on the 360 or something..You can make it look like I'm doing my job :D
It was cool meeting some gaffers and having drinks at GDC. Didn't make the official meet there though.

Rlan

Just hit LA yesterday. Found a copy of Mario Tennis and Red Alarm for Virtual Boy for $1.50 :lol

I'll be there.

Mdk7

It's my first E3 and i have lots of meetings planned, but if i have some free time i'd love to be there!

DDayton

So, we need a more specific location. Any suggestions? Generally, it's been the Media lunch/breakfast/free food room (for reasons tending to involving e3 press level folks getting food), but I can't determine where that is at the moment... perhaps they cut us off finally? Heh.

Could someone check the floorplans and figure out where meeting might work?

Torgo

I think that we're actually free at 12:30 on Weds, so we'll try to stop by. DJMizuhara is with us as well :D

@Mario, we're the ones that have the appointment for Shatter at noon :lol

Mdk7

Rlan said:
Just hit LA yesterday. Found a copy of Mario Tennis and Red Alarm for Virtual Boy for $1.50 :lol

I'll be there.
Where?
Please guys tell me a couple of places to buy games in LA... some cool stores with limited stuff hard to find in Europe. :D

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Mdk7 said:
Where?
Please guys tell me a couple of places to buy games in LA... some cool stores with limited stuff hard to find in Europe. :D

It's a bit of a trek, but Game Dude in North Hollywood has a ton of older and rarer stuff.

toneroni

Mdk7 said:
Where?
seconded..might check out game dude after e3 is over if I have time. (staying in LA for a few extra days)

Doodlebug

I'd enjoy looking at any pictures you guys take, if you end up doing so. I hope you decide to share some of them with GAF.

Top Bottom