• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucked

I'm really easy when it comes to E3. I just need a few surprises (don't even have to be coming this year) and some cool trailers.

It'll be really interesting how they show off HoloLens and Morpheus (if they even do)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
4jGdycJ.png

Countdown Archive
45 days - Nintendo Vs. Capcom
44 days - Battletoads
43 days - Fuse 2
42 days - Mother 3

Disclaimer: I'm not sure if countdown images/gifs are welcome here. if majority or moderators have problems with my countdown. Please let me know so I would stop posting it here.

Stuff I think will happen

Gears of war remaster announced
Halo 5 stage demo
Whatever Rares been doing
Uncharted remaster (all 3 games or just one like gears is doing?)
Kingdom hearts remastering
Show us Batman DLC exclusive to playstation
More crap about playstation now.
Ratchet and clank gameplay and release date/window (finally)
No mans sky on stage demo and release date/window
Destiny DLC crap
Until dawn gameplay and release date
Same for tearaway
Beyond two souls remastered
Footage of Star Fox U
Whatever nintendo has for the 3DS for what is probably its last christmas as nintendo primary handheld
Maybe possibly a tease for the last of sequel? Just a tease.
Kinda apology for the uncharted 4 delay and a trailer/demo.
Sony announcing more indies/ports for the vita assuring us its a 'central part of their playstation vision'
Fallout 4
Dishonored 2
Dishonored remaster
EA will say nothing about mirrors edge or say its been delayed again.

stuff I want but probably won't

Metroid
Final fantasy 12 remaster/remake
Banjo kazooie
Syphon filter
Resistance 4

Lucreto

Since EA conference is an hour later this year do you think Microsoft have a longer conference or will Nintendo slip in with their Direct?

Auctopus

I think if there's an Uncharted Remaster, it's going to be the trilogy. There won't be enough time to release them individually and a separate release of any game in the trilogy would stand a little strangely on their own, feel free to disagree though.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
No theater showing this year? I enjoyed watching the Sony press conference last year. It made me feel like I was closer to E3 than the years prior. I got to go somewhere and enjoy it with a local group.

Odah

Banned
I've got heartaches by the numbers...

trouble by the score..

everyday Im checking GAF each day no Fallout 4.

Gatzor

Banned
I really hope to see a teaser for the other naughty dog studios game, preferably NOT the last of us 2....they have brought over uncharted, little big planet, god of war (I get the new IP's didnt pass quality insurance but still), infamous, killzone......it's enough already.

yes I understand many of those studios where expanded and are contingently working on new IP's, which take more time, or in some cases like the case of LBP3 is just a different studio, just time to move on

I really hope to see a teaser for the other naughty dog studios game, preferably NOT the last of us 2....they have brought over uncharted, little big planet, god of war (I get the new IP's didnt pass quality insurance but still), infamous, killzone......it's enough already.

yes I understand many of those studios where expanded and are contingently working on new IP's, which take more time, or in some cases like the case of LBP3 is just a different studio, just time to move on

Pfft, I'd say we can consider ourselves super lucky to hear anything noteworthy about ND's new project next year, much less this year.

Never gonna happen. UC4 is the focus for now.

Trojan

Pfft, I'd say we can consider ourselves super lucky to hear anything noteworthy about ND's new project next year, much less this year.

Agreed, with Uncharted almost a year out before release, i think any announcements outside of that from Naughty Dog are wishful thinking

Gatzor

Banned
Never gonna happen. UC4 is the focus for now.

yeah kinda realized that after I posted, but hey. It's been two years since the last of us, it isnt very uncommon to tease a good year in advanced these days, and a 3 year dev cycle is a decent amount of time, so I suppose I was just forgetting myself. If it's a new IP would probably take longer anyways

Lucreto

No theater showing this year? I enjoyed watching the Sony press conference last year. It made me feel like I was closer to E3 than the years prior. I got to go somewhere and enjoy it with a local group.

Its early days on this. They didn't announce it last year until the end of May.

Bsigg12

Old slot that they probably don't want to give to anyone else, plus they used that timing to do live broadcast on TV. Sony sticks to late night, because they never do TV, and usually go for 2hr events.

I'm starting to wonder if Microsoft will deviate from being broadcast on TV and instead go Twitch/YouTube and their own sites instead. I can't imagine the numbers they pull are all that great on the TV broadcast.

Tevious

Square-Enix will announce that Final Fantasy VII for PS4 is a real complete remake and they were just trolling with the Playstation Experience announcement.

Bousf

SE is hosting a conference of its own, yet FFXV will only appear with a short trailer (Gamescom will be the big one for XV), so SE must have something up its sleeve.....

I will try to speculate on SE's conference for the time being:

WILL happen
-FF7 PS4 Port gets a release date, it will be there in some form
-FFXV short trailer (not guessing, this was confirmed lol)
-Life is Strange Episode 4/5 release window

MAY happen (as in fair amount of chance to happen)
-Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance gets a PS4 upgrade - with or without X[Chi] alongside it (so, either KH DDD HD or KH HD 2.9 Remix)
-1.5 and 2.5 all the way to PS4
-Rise of the Tomb Raider gets a new trailer featuring gameplay (this may happen either here or at MS' event)
-Deus Ex gets new info, possibly new trailer.
-Bravely Second gets western release date/window
-New Hitman game announced (Thanks MauroNL, knew I was forgetting about something lol)

MIGHT happen (as in small amount of chance to happen)
-Final Fantasy XII HD is announced and headed to PS4
-Final Fantasy Agito + comes back from the shadows, gets release window, STAYS on the Vita
-Star Ocean 5 gets new trailer (I see this happening at TGS but I'll put it here anyway)
-Something Theatrhythm-related has to happen
-Agni is more than just a tech demo
-All of XIII goes to PS4
-DQ Heroes 2?

Wishes that probably WON'T happen
-FF7 PS4 port was a bluff, full remake is actually in the works
-Kingdom Hearts III gets a trailer
-FFXII HD gets release window for early next year (hah)
-Agni becomes FFXVI
-RotTR gets PS4 release window
-XV short trailer ends with release window (will happen at Gamescom most likely)

I must say that I may not be as well-informed as I should be, so I may have written some pretty stupid stuff lol also, I've included stuff that I expect to get news from during E3/Gamescom/TGS, but I write it all here because
BELIEVE

The need to have something big, like a wow card, with XV out of that slot I can only wonder and count days!!

MauroNL

SE is hosting a conference of its own, yet FFXV will only appear with a short trailer (Gamescom will be the big one for XV), so SE must have something up its sleeve.....

I will try to speculate on SE's conference for the time being:

WILL happen
-FF7 PS4 Port gets a release date, it will be there in some form
-FFXV short trailer (not guessing, this was confirmed lol)
-Life is Strange Episode 4/5 release window

MAY happen (as in fair amount of chance to happen)
-Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance gets a PS4 upgrade - with or without X[Chi] alongside it (so, either KH DDD HD or KH HD 2.9 Remix)
-1.5 and 2.5 all the way to PS4
-Rise of the Tomb Raider gets a new trailer featuring gameplay (this may happen either here or at MS' event)
-Deus Ex gets new info, possibly new trailer.
-Bravely Second gets western release date/window

MIGHT happen (as in small amount of chance to happen)
-Final Fantasy XII HD is announced and headed to PS4
-Final Fantasy Agito + comes back from the shadows, gets release window, STAYS on the Vita
-Star Ocean 5 gets new trailer (I see this happening at TGS but I'll put it here anyway)
-Something Theatrhythm-related has to happen
-Agni is more than just a tech demo
-All of XIII goes to PS4
-DQ Heroes 2?

Wishes that probably WON'T happen
-FF7 PS4 port was a bluff, full remake is actually in the works
-Kingdom Hearts III gets a trailer
-FFXII HD gets release window for early next year (hah)
-Agni becomes FFXVI
-RotTR gets PS4 release window
-XV short trailer ends with release window (will happen at Gamescom most likely)

I must say that I may not be as well-informed as I should be, so I may have written some pretty stupid stuff lol also, I've included stuff that I expect to get news from during E3/Gamescom/TGS, but I write it all here because
BELIEVE

The need to have something big, like a wow card, with XV out of that slot I can only wonder and count days!!
I'd say it's pretty certain a new Hitman game will be on stage at Square conference

thuway

Square-Enix will announce that Final Fantasy VII for PS4 is a real complete remake and they were just trolling with the Playstation Experience announcement.

I wish. They don't the manpower, management skills, solidifed vision, or talent pool to do something like that without external investment, parternships, or crowd funding. In short, MS or Sony could step in and help them out because the nostalgia will only last for so long before falling on it's own dagger.

Imagine how awkward E3 2013 would've been for Microsoft if they had their conference on after Sony instead of before.

No, no, damn. You did not understand!
Boyes would not have been able to change all the presentation slides last minute.
PS4 would have been with DRM, PlaystationEye mandatory and for 600$.
We would live in a much better string now.

Circinus

I don't think there's a substantial 'other Naughty Dog studio' right now. The lion's share of the studio is working on Uncharted 4, like one of the co-presidents of Naughty Dog said.

There might be a small team prototyping some ideas for their next game, but it will probably only go into full production after Uncharted 4 ships.

I don't think there's a substantial 'other Naughty Dog studio' right now. The lion's share of the studio is working on Uncharted 4, like one of the co-presidents of Naughty Dog said.

There might be a small team prototyping some ideas for their next game
, but it will probably only go into full production after Uncharted 4 ships.

Would have been enough for Spencer...

FATALITY

Banned
Yeah it's not really is it. Just good business.

I still maintain any money-hatting would pertain to exclusive content and marketing rights.

Although there is maybe a small chance Capcom teams up with Sony again for an exclusive DMC5 announcement. Would be weird though after releasing DMC4 and DmC remasters for XB1 and PC.

Rise_of_the_Tomb_Raider.jpg

I wish. They don't the manpower, management skills, solidifed vision, or talent pool to do something like that without external investment, parternships, or crowd funding. In short, MS or Sony could step in and help them out because the nostalgia will only last for so long before falling on it's own dagger.

Would a FFVII remake really take that much more effort and resources over rebooting FFXIV or developing FFXV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom