• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Mafia |OT| Grin and Bear It

Pau

I guess so.

Stayed at my school's computer lab until now to not miss the end. Hurry up and post that summary Launch, I need to get on the subway.

Ty4on

Aren't we supposed to stop talking game?
Sort of
22. Some roles take place between the end of the Day Phase and the start of the Night Phase, so game-runners may allow a short period of time for this "Twilight Phase". Unless your role PM explicitly allows you to do otherwise, do not post during the Twilight Phase.
But Launch is probably still busy lynching Sorian.
Stayed at my school's computer lab until now to not miss the end. Hurry up and post that summary Launch, I need to get on the subway.
No wifi on the subway?

37098002.jpg

I apologize in advance, but I have like a million things going on in my house with my parents and I rather you guys not wait so long, so barebones summary.

Kalor was executed.

Welcome to Despair Academy!

You are an Ordinary Student!

You are aligned with Hope. You win when only Hope-aligned players remain.

You do not remember your classmates, but clues lead you to believe that you perhaps knew them in another life.

Oh, you’re just ordinary. You might have a super high-school level ability, but it’s probably something useless and not worth mentioning anyway, like fishing. Your only power is the ability to vote. Kinda lame, I know. But hey, you can do a lot with that power! But so can everyone else in the game… sorry. Just, uh, do your best.

Feel free to PM me any questions about your role.

Night Phase 5 ends in:

t1441666800z4.png

exf27M4.png

Good morning! There are now 96 hours before the end of the day phase.

DING DONG DING DONG

“Good morning! It’s 7 AM! Time to wake up! Let’s all strive to do our best today!”

Following the previous day’s events, everyone was too shaken to converse. You’d all gone to your rooms without even remarking - how could you have been so wrong? You were so sure about Kalor.

You didn’t sleep well. You remembered what that despair felt like. After two nights without death, it was finally catching up.

Before you can even begin to get ready, Monokuma appears on your television set, commanding your attention with an absurd exclamation. “Bing bong bing bong. A body has been discovered! Following a brief period of investigation, we will commence our school trial!”

You couldn’t force yourself to hurry. You didn’t want to see who it was this time.

Once more, you joined the group, entering a new dorm room. All over the walls of the room were photos of the students, each with markings and writing on them, some with threads intertwining between them. It looked as though this person had been investigating each of the students very carefully. You looked around the room, yet there was no body to be found. “Over here,” someone called from the bathroom. As you approached, you noticed the shower curtains were hung through the top of the door.

Entering the bathroom, the door was being pushed against; when you finally squeeze through, you found out why. The body lay on the floor, seated against the door, the shower curtain tied around its neck.

AbsolutBro had been strangled to death.

You knew the despair could not be held down so easily. Feeling the defeat of the last two deaths upon you, the students made their way to the courtroom once more.

Welcome to Despair Academy!

You are the Super High-School Level Detective!

You are aligned with Hope. You win when only Hope-aligned players remain.

You do not remember your classmates, but clues lead you to believe that you perhaps knew them in another life.

Mysterious and apprehensive of your classmates, you intend to investigate each and every one of them to find the truth behind this high school mystery.

Once per night, you can choose to investigate a player by sending me a PM with the command INVESTIGATE: <player name>. Investigating a player will reveal their role name, but not their alignment or ability. Conversely, you can also use this ability on a location and information about any players in that location will be acquired. I’m sure you can figure out the rest – you’re a detective after all.

Feel free to PM me any questions about your role.

Time remaining in Day Phase 6:

t1442016000z4.png

Ty4on

Thank you so much for not telling us you were a cop while giving us your targets BTW. Odd that you didn't suspect Czar more, but I guess you were too afraid of being killed.

Swamped

Banned
Ok, the situation at the end of D5 was really frenetic and chaotic (but really fun to read :p). It sounds like poor Kalor was a puppet in Despair's plan. I just wanted to outline things we know for certain, and things we don't regarding the Kalor situation:

1. There is definitely a mimic around, if we are to believe AB that he saw Kalor at night.

Now for the unknowns (this is mostly just me rambling, correct me if I have misunderstood something):

1. Is this role Hope or Despair aligned? Could be that a Hope PR posed as someone they thought was Despair (Kalor did have some suspicion on him) in the hopes of getting him lynched. OR could be that this power was made specifically to mess with Despair, get them into killing students without PRs? That's still a pretty anti-Hope things to do. I highly doubt that this mimic is Hope aligned. I think the power itself would benefit the Despair faction more. If this is a Hope power I expect someone to roleclaim today.

2. AB said he saw Kalor on N2 and N4. Hopefully today we shall get info from Pau/Ty4on and Sawneeks regarding whether they also saw Kalor. If they saw someone else they should probably not out them.

3. Is AB telling the truth about Kalor? It seems like it from reactions from Sawneeks and Pau during the last hour of voting. Maybe AB isn't Despair after all, Kalor seemed to think that before he was offed too.

4. How many costumes does this mimic have? What are the limitations? We only know of Kalor, but there might be other unfortunate souls who have been copied.

5. Do we trust all of the outed PRs with their lists? Could they be covering for a mimic?

Swamped

Banned
Oh, AB died? Who am I supposed to go after today ;_;

I guess it makes sense given that he have a night time ability.

In that case, I definitely trust that AB saw Kalor at night, Hope would have no reason to lie about that.

There is a recent post from him we should revisit, let me find it.

Ty4on

2. AB said he saw Kalor on N2 and N4. Hopefully today we shall get info from Pau/Ty4on and Sawneeks regarding whether they also saw Kalor. If they saw someone else they should probably not out them.

Look at the night 2 map I drew once more. Pau couldn't have seen anyone AB didn't see so the unknown person she saw has to be Kalor. One very interesting thing though
By not moving N1 Redacted doesn't seem to be a power role. However, by moving right N2 Redacted also doesn't seem to be the killer.

Possible scenarios:
  1. Redacted is a power role, but didn't use their ability N1
  2. Redacted is a power role, but was invisible N1
  3. Redacted is the killer, but needed something on the right side to perform the kill
  4. Redacted is the killer, but the true identity is *Splinter in disguise
  5. Sawneeks is lying
If ''''''''''Kalor'''''''''' is the killer then only *Splinter could have been the disguised killer N2 that was also seen by Pau. I think most of Hope agrees it's very likely me or Pau were the target N3/N4 and Pau only saw AB and ''''''''''Kalor'''''''''' those nights.

Pau

Did not expect AB to be an investigator.

I saw:

AbsolutBro
Kalor (?)

So the mimic can keep using Kalor even though he's dead. And the mimic is most likely the killer since I would have seen anyone going into AB's room. That's frustrating. :/

RIP AbsolutBro. Your investigations were valuable and I appreciated your leads. It was your encoded message that first alerted me to CzarTim. I theorize that you had claimed Sleepwalker in order to discourage night kills against yourself at nights due to the chances of missing kills against roving roles.

Both AbsolutBro and Sawneeks stated that they saw Kalor moved at night, which is impossible since Kalor has been outed as an Ordinary Student. This points to a mimic in play. I believe this should be our primary investigative path for this Day Phase.

I await more information from Sawneeks and the other members of Fight Club for now.

*Splinter

Yeah I hadn't forgotten. Looking at your map I still can't see how you come to that conclusion.

I mean obviously I know it's false, but since you have more info than me I'm wondering where you went wrong

Ty4on

So the mimic can keep using Kalor even though he's dead. And the mimic is most likely the killer since I would have seen anyone going into AB's room. That's frustrating. :/

I think the mimic is stuck using Kalor as the disguise.

Sawneeks, did you see anyone?

*Splinter

Look at the night 2 map I drew once more. Pau couldn't have seen anyone AB didn't see so the unknown person she saw has to be Kalor. One very interesting thing though

If ''''''''''Kalor'''''''''' is the killer then only *Splinter could have been the disguised killer N2 that was also seen by Pau. I think most of Hope agrees it's very likely me or Pau were the target N3/N4 and Pau only saw AB and ''''''''''Kalor'''''''''' those nights.

Yeah I hadn't forgotten. Looking at your map I still can't see how you come to that conclusion.

I mean obviously I know it's false, but since you have more info than me I'm wondering where you went wrong
Forgot to quote, was replying to Ty

Ty4on

Everyone on the bottom row would have taken the other way and avoided Pau. Everyone else on the Top row would have avoided both Pau and AB. SalvaPot's switching would only switch the names so a killer still had to go to his room.

Pau

People we can trust.

If he really checked these people, and since he never voted for them, we can only assume that they are all hope.
Can we trust them though? Titles don't seem to mean much in relation to alignment.

I still think Zippedpinhead is suspicious. The votes on Kalor could have been to save him.

Well he might not know, he only got titles rather than alignments.

It's always worth checking anyway

He only got roles, but anyone that he "took their word" on being ordinary should be ordinary.

Everything else we have to determine. Maybe he happened upon someone with a role that doesn't break rules.

I'm not worried that he investigated me, it can only help me

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Can we trust them though? Titles don't seem to mean much in relation to alignment.

I still think Zippedpinhead is suspicious. The votes on Kalor could have been to save him.
Zipped claimed ordinary townie yesterday, and AB didn't vote him. That means either he is an ordinary townie, or a role that AB was sure was town.

Pau

Maybe the mimic can only use Kalor? If so, why was Kalor chosen?
Probably because of the vicinity to the mimic. Imagine if people weren't seeing Kalor near his room.

Sawneeks would easily catch it. Of course, she might be the mimic herself.

*Splinter

I have to admit it sounds like I was wrong about Zipped. I'll have to re-read AB's posts myself to be sure, but I don't remember any support from him whatsoever

Ty4on

6bhJ2Z7.png

Here are the quickest roles to Salva's room. There's a second possible killer, me, so I'll just have to assure you it wasn't me.

Do note this assumes that the mimic moved directly towards SalvaPot.

Top Bottom