• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games where you have spent the most on DLC/Microtransactions?

CSGO: Every operation though they have all paid for themselves with case drops. They did get me on keys though. The first few months I opened a lot of cases and learned the hard way how bad the rates are.

Street Fighter IV: I bought a ton of costume packs on the console version.

Rocket League: I have bought every expansion and will continue too to support such a great developer.

jerry1594

Just most of the New Vegas expansions. I bought a few skins in counter strike for kind of dumb prices but then I realized skins are stupid so I sold all of them. Other than that I don't buy DLC pretty much.

I've spent about £20 on skins for LittleBigPlanet - FFVII costume pack, 2000AD costume pack, Journey character skin, Kratos skin, and a few others. I don't buy a lot of microtransactions so comparatively for me this is quite a lot.

IvanJ

Banned
I bought LA Noire season pass on day one.(I think this was the first season pass in gaming ever).
Sadly, I found the game boring, and ended just going through the motions in these DLC (just not to let my money go to waste). To make the situation even worse, the season pass received several discounts before all expansions got released.

Fool me once, shame on them.
However, shame on me, I got fooled twice, and bought Gears of War 3 Season Pass on Day One. Ended up an even bigger waste of money for me, because I got bored of the game much quicker than Gears 2 (I played that one for years), I ended up selling the game and letting the last couple of expansions go to waste by not even redeeming them.

Those were my largest expenses on DLCs, and ever since I do not buy DLC at all. If the game interests me, I wait for a Complete/GOTY edition.

woopWOOP

Smash Bros 4 probably comes close since I went on a Mii-fighter costume buying spree at some point. Only got half of them or so tho.

Looking at my Google Play history I apparently spent €176,- over the course of a year on microtransactions. The sad part is that it was for LINEplay, which isn't even a game as much as it is a glorified chat/blog app :x

I'm too scared to even look at the amount I spent on TF2 crates, lol.

I almost never buy DLC except for Complete / GOTY Editions and Steam sales (like all the Hitman Absolution DLC for 1$). If I'd have to guess I'd say the Dishonored DLC for 10$ total.

I've bought every single Super Smash Bros. pack, not sure what it's come to. I'm not a big DLC buyer outside of GTA4, Halo 3, Pikmin 3, Mario Kart 8 and Smash.
Never bought a microtransaction.

BradC00

league for me...I think I might have bought a few fifa UT packs before I realized I could make a boss team with bronze MLS players.

I have spent a lot of money on Hearthstone. Like, a lot a lot. To make it worse I'm Canadian so the exchange rate makes my purchases seem even more stupid

Think the most I've ever spent is on an expansion. No more than 20 for any game though. Will do for witcher 3 when it's next expansion comes out.

I think the Mass Effect series. I think I got everything. And Bethesda games like Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Skyrim. But I think Mass Effect series in total was the highest.

Mupod

probably Marvel Heroes followed by Planetside 2. Have barely spent anything on all other F2P games combined. Considering I have hundreds of hours in both games, the 100-150 I spent on them is fine.

Rains

Microtrans £0 i refuse to even in free games and in regards to dlc very rarely i normally wait for game of the year stuff

NoKisum

For DLC, it's either Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U, or DJ Hero 1 & 2. Also GTA IV by technicality.

Microtransactions? Not many I can think of. I remember buying a couple of those Rusty's Baseball games on 3DS. That counts, right?

Zader

Banned
Counter Strike: Global Offensive (Around £100)

Although I have spent a pitiful amount on it compared to others.

Abriael

Banned
I didn't, but starting today, with the third season pass, there are people who spent $60+$93+$93+$93 on Dead or Alive 5: Last Round,.

I find the thought rather crazy lol.

As for me, I spent a fair amount on World of Warships lately, but not nearly close to $350.

Probably Halo 3, buying all of the map packs totalling roughly £25

I tend to not by DLC unless I deem the content substantial and fairly priced. In fact I returned Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for Super Street Fighter and Splinter Cell Conviction when I learned how much I'd need to pay just to play with my friends.

I wish more people were frugal when it comes to DLC, the industry would be better for it.

Occam

DLC and micro-transactions shouldn't be conflated. One is additional content, the other is paying real world money to make digital counters go up or down (=insane and immoral).

jeemer

I'd estimate I've probably spent around £60-80 in tf2 keys. Over half of that was for trading for games when that was still worthwhile, the rest was for unboxing. Never got an unusual. Don't feel too bad as I got orange box on release and easily played over 1500 hours of tf2 in the end.

grimmiq

Probably Warframe, 337 hours on steam, spent on weapon/frame slots, even then I think it was just $40-50 on a founders pack.

Eggbok

PlayStation Home over $2000
Atleast 4 PlayStation Home successors coming to PS4......
giphy.gif

Top Bottom