• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat [Mafia] |OT| Till Death Do Us Part

Burbeting

Banned
tXC1F03.png

The First Day, where Love starts to blossom

The fifteen swan-boats were still staying still on the water, right next to the entrance of the Love Tunnel. Some of the lovers seemed to be already quite annoyed, that they couldn’t do anything, but to wait.
“Can we get a move on? I feel like we have been sitting here for at least a week!”
The Caretaker of a Bear was muttering something, while tinkering with some weird buttons with his little bear paws. Then the doors of the love tunnel finally opened up, so that the boats with all these lovers could begin their voyage. The Bear shouted in happiness, and jumped into a tiny bear-shaped boat in the front of the boat-group.
“Sorry!”

At first, the boats were traveling in utter darkness… it was actually quite creepy, and not really lovely at all, but nobody dared to object.
“Uh… we sure have lots of male couples here”, someone said, trying to ease tension.
“Love is most tolerant, and does not care about your sexual preferences at all!”, The Caretaker shouted out from the front, “and besides, I’m a bear, so what do you expect?”
Before nobody was even able to ask the creature just what it was implying with that response, the darkness finally changed into light… purple-ish light, to be exact. They had arrived to the first area of the Love Tunnel, but it was not quite what they were expecting.
“What the F--…”
Inside the area were nothing but weird pink rainbows in the ceilings, and weird robotic unicorns were attacking things. While all this oddness was happening around them, Always by Erasure was playing the background for no apparent reason at all. In short, this was clearly no normal love tunnel at all, but before anyone could make further comments on the oddity of the place, the Bear stood up on his own private boat, and reminded people that there were Loveless couples to catch.

“Remember to LOVE! Share no LOVE on those dirty LOVELESS!”

Day 1 begins

16 Votes for Majority (check the voting rules, since they did change just short time ago).

red_1455818400.png

Gorlak

Banned
Oh my god Oh my god Oh my GOD OH MY GOD! Look at these totally cute unicorns! I'm a huuuuuuuge fan of "Robot Unicorn Attacks" and we're like in fantastically similar love tunnel room of this game <3 sooooo adorbzz

Listen to the music, feel the music, feel the ~love~

Finally there is a place I feel like home. And I'm together with you all and most importantly with my one and only Launchie <3 It's great to experience this astonishing journey!

What a beautiful day! And don't mind me saying, but you all look marvellous in your Sunday dresses. A perfect day to set sails and start our voyage. The warmest thoughts wander through my mind, not a single reason to doubt anyone of you. I sincerely hope we will travel without harm and may enjoy our trip. Oh, look at this cute bear guiding us all the way.

Do you want to share your thoughts? It would be lovely to get acquainted with each other. What do expect of this game? Feel safe to talk about your fears and doubts. Nobody will look down on you, there won't be any harassment. This is a positive place. I invite you all to make this day the best day one ever! Let's enjoy ourselves :)

Keep in mind, we are all living beings and have a heart! Be kind, be gentle, spread love <3

Flame_AC

So Flux, why'd you claim so early. What could you possibly gain from it. You haven't even had a chance to check anyone so you can't say you found scum. If you did this on Day 2, it might make a little bit more sense, but as is you're putting a target on yourself unnecessarily.

cabot

I assume this was planned between the two of you, Time do you mind at least confirming the claim or ackowledging the joke?

please, please acknowledge the joke.

kingkitty

also, flux

you don't ever roleclaim in the first 2 minutes of Day 1, you roleclaim in the last 2 minutes

also, this is a bold plan of yours if true

Sophia

I too would like to see Time confirm/deny this incredible claim of Fluxies! It is a claim so early, so brave, and so bold.... I must know: Is there a method to the madness? Will their hearts shine through?!

Surely you can tell us more, Fluxie dear?

Gorlak

Banned
I'm a bit puzzled by what you want to tell us Flux :eek: You are a cop? The single most valuable role on town's side in a mafia game? Don't you know the best way to utilize your power is to be calm and don't give away your situation?
We all make mistakes once in a while, but we haven't even done the welcoming party on our boat. Surely you have a good reason for your behaviour and I am most eagerly to hear it. Please I believe in your capability, explain yourself, so I can share my love again <3

Oh, cabot-chan... why, o, why?

cabot

Flux the cop

1) Terrible.

2) He's telling the truth and is extremely confident there's a doctor in this game (It is likely, but still not confirmed) and now the doctor is going to be protecting this pair for at least tonight. This claim saves the lovers for at least this day phase and probably the next night phase.

3) He's lying and this is a gambit of some form
a) Scum gambit, get the doctor to hit the claim and stay alive for the first day. It seems pretty much a problematic gambit, because while you're safe for day one, the longer you live will getting more suspicious. Resolving that through either bussing a scum partner or just hoping all your town targets are trusted. Maybe best of both world scenario if he hits a neutral char.
b) Neutral gambit. Not really sure what this would entail. Claiming cop so early would only make sense for a lyncher role, and that would be day 2 when he could claim his lynch target was scum.
c) town gambit. ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Testing to see the reactions perhaps?

FluxWaveZ

There are two reasons that the role was disclosed: one that I won't elaborate on now, and the other because I just came from Heist, where a last minute role claim confused and sealed the fate of Town. Doing it now will at least give us more information, instead of having to discuss about nothingness on Day 1.

Reactions are important, too.

Coppanuva

Flux the cop

1) Terrible.

2) He's telling the truth and is extremely confident there's a doctor in this game (It is likely, but still not confirmed) and now the doctor is going to be protecting this pair for at least tonight. This claim saves the lovers for at least this day phase and probably the next night phase.

3) He's lying and this is a gambit of some form
a) Scum gambit, get the doctor to hit the claim and stay alive for the first day. It seems pretty much a problematic gambit, because while you're safe for day one, the longer you live will getting more suspicious. Resolving that through either bussing a scum partner or just hoping all your town targets are trusted. Maybe best of both world scenario if he hits a neutral char.
b) Neutral gambit. Not really sure what this would entail. Claiming cop so early would only make sense for a lyncher role, and that would be day 2 when he could claim his lynch target was scum.
c) town gambit. ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

My guess is reaction baiting. I'm not sure I believe any claim that early, but Mafia is a game of talking and we can always get info straight from the horses mouth so...

Vote: FluxWaveZ
Why did you claim this now, in your intro post? If you're a cop, why wouldn't you wait until at least Day 2 when you have someone else who could confirm your role for you?

Flame_AC

But why did you do it Day 1 Flux? There's nothing you can get from today other than reactions and they are the same reactions you'd get tomorrow, but with an actual check already made so you can verify your claim.

cabot

It gave us more info but it also puts stress on the doctor, just like the Tories in the UK. It's all connected.

Rickroll just came on the love playlist, never a more fitting time for that song.

To elaborate on the scum gambit theory: only way I could see it been done this early was if scum had a voyeur role and will use it tonight to check who visits flux/time.

Flame_AC

Also, wouldn't it be exciting if Time didn't know what Flux was planning. Boy would that be good for him to come into the game to see.

FluxWaveZ

But why did you do it Day 1 Flux? There's nothing you can get from today other than reactions and they are the same reactions you'd get tomorrow, but with an actual check already made so you can verify your claim.

Hell yeah, so let's do it today instead of tomorrow. What's happening now is way better than having to listen to Gorlak's love spiel crap.

cabot

the other because I just came from Heist, where a last minute role claim confused and sealed the fate of Town.

Yeah that was confusing because it was a game supposed to be vanilla town vs mafia and a neutral was in the mix, I don't think this is an adequate response to that takeaway.

Flame_AC

Hell yeah, so let's do it today instead of tomorrow. What's happening now is way better than having to listen to Gorlak's love spiel crap.

But with claiming today, now your own lives are in danger, you can't guarantee that there is a doctor who will protect you tonight. You're risking our cop's life with a gambit which could easily be done tomorrow. I get wanting to have stuff to talk about on Day 1, but this is absurd, claiming cop with no information right now.

Gorlak

Banned
To elaborate on the scum gambit theory: only way I could see it been done this early was if scum had a voyeur role and will use it tonight to check who visits flux/time.

Have you ever heard of this loveless person called veteran? They can't feel love... they can't even be touched, they'll never experience love to their fullest :(

FluxWaveZ

Yeah that was confusing because it was a game supposed to be vanilla town vs mafia and a neutral was in the mix, I don't think this is an adequate response to that takeaway.

That's true, but we also don't know what kind of roles are in play in Love Boat, either. This at least gives the rest of you an idea.

But with claiming today, now your own lives are in danger, you can't guarantee that there is a doctor who will protect you tonight. You're risking our cop's life with a gambit which could easily be done tomorrow. I get wanting to have stuff to talk about on Day 1, but this is absurd, claiming cop with no information right now.

I live on the edge, man.

cabot

Have you ever heard of this loveless person called veteran? They can't feel love... they can't even be touched, they'll never experience love to their fullest :(

A scum veteran?

I'm unsure if you meant that in the mafia role sense or a flavour sense.

Both are equally suspicious. Scum veteran is a superpower, remember this game is a 5/10 on crab scale 2.0

cabot

That's true, but we also don't know what kind of roles are in play in Love Boat, either. This at least gives the rest of you an idea.

A five out of ten game, man. five out of ten. It's not gonna be batshit. It'll only be batsnacks.

I think Time has fainted.

Coppanuva

I live on the edge, man.

This is more reckless than the edge man. You've basically told scum team both:
1) Where the cop (allegedly) is.
2) Where the doctor role is likely to protect at night.

That takes care of a lot of doubt during the night phase for them. It leaves open a lot of other players as potential targets at night.

*Splinter

Flux that was terrible

The Heist excuse is also terrible.

Maybe this is true and you thought this could get the doctor to cover you while you investigate each night. If so, congratulations on being a moron. Burb isn't a fool, scum would 100% have protection from this. They likely wouldn't even need to kill you to negate your ability.

OR

Maybe this a bold scum gambit. Too bold, no need to bring attention to yourself so early. Some of us like a challenge, you know?

OR

Maybe this is some bold (and stupid) townie gambit. Ok, what's phase 2?

VOTE: FluxWaveZ

FluxWaveZ

This is more reckless than the edge man. You've basically told scum team both:
1) Where the cop (allegedly) is.
2) Where the doctor role is likely to protect at night.

That takes care of a lot of doubt during the night phase for them. It leaves open a lot of other players as potential targets at night.

First off, we don't know that there is a doctor. Second off, I don't think our role is as useful as some people freaking out are making it seem.

Also, I could just say this: if there is a doctor, don't protect us tonight.

kingkitty

First off, we don't know that there is a doctor. Second off, I don't think our role is as useful as some people freaking out are making it seem.

a cop seems pretty useful...unless you're a 30 percent 1-shot cop who unknowingly sees non-scum as scum, and scum as non-scum.

Flame_AC

How could a doctor not protect the only claimed town role at night? Especially one that seems as a valuable as a cop? I'm considering voting on you with my partner if Time can't clear this up.

Top Bottom