• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Of Gods and Men [Mafia] | Ambrosia In Front Of Me

At risk of sounding too defensive, I haven't accused Derrick or anyone else of anything. So I haven't backed off of anything. All I said was his actions don't clear him from being scum because they don't.

ANNOUNCEMENT

Due to previously promised shortened Day 1 of 48 hours, the timer has been moved up to deliver said promise:

tur_1459461600.png

Happy Lynching!

btw, that's how it was meant to be from the start. Somehow we missed that there was an additional day on the clock. I hope that doesn't screw anybody over :(

Here, have a votecount instead of that additional day:

zippedpinhead (0)
sophia 70 (179)

crimsonfist (0)
darryl 80 (297)

sophia (0)
lone_prodigy 81 (294)

starsketch (0)
swamped 85 (254)

*splinter (0)
gorlak 101 (103)

darryl (2)
gorlak 103 (160)
*splinter 120
giant panda 261

lone_prodigy (1)
*splinter 115 (120)
crimsonfist 138

fengshuifever (0)
gorlak 160 (180)

wherearemahdragonz (0)
gorlak 180 (218)

no lynch (1)
gorlak 218

gorlak (1)
sophia 221 (262)
darryl 297

seath (1)
ezekelrage 229

flatearthpandas (1)
swamped 254

Darryl

Banned
It is what it is. I'm more concerned we're disseminating correct information than convincing anyone of anything right new.

What are you even on about tho. I'm not arguing for my defense. I'm asking someone to explain why they found my claim scummy enough to try to lynch me

What are you even on about tho. I'm not arguing for my defense. I'm asking someone to explain why they found my claim scummy enough to try to lynch me
This was arguing for your defense.
Well if I'm a scum PR, do you think I would pull off the argument I made against Splinter/Gorlak/FEP? Could a scum PR confidently make a sweeping statement over the titles of all town PR roles like that without first hand knowledge?
I think a scum PR easily could have done this. My saying this and explaining why has apparently been interpreted as me attacking you, I guess, and I'm just saying it wasn't necessarily.

I'm not trying to lynch you atm so no comment there.

Darryl

Banned
This was arguing for your defense.

I think a scum PR easily could have done this. My saying this and explaining why has apparently been interpreted as me attacking you, I guess, and I'm just saying it wasn't necessarily.

I'm not trying to lynch you atm so no comment there.

I think the problem here is the questions might have come off as rhetorical and defensive when they're actually meant to be offensive and I was bringing the scenario up as a way of forcing Giant Panda to have to elaborate on his reasoning. I didn't really sit on that one though, and I can kinda see now why it looks the other way.

Gorlak

Banned
Splinter I don't like your reads at all. That is to say I mostly disagree with your top town. Neither Darryl nor Sophia strike me as being town.

Darryl hides behind a gambit that could be coming from him no matter his role/alignment. He states it was very obvious what the PR would be called like. He'll survive Day 1 with his play. And at the moment I want to see what else he tries to achieve.
I'd like you Splinter, to explain the obvious reason for him being town though, I don't see them.

Sophia doesn't feel townie in the slightest. She was the one to highlight the "may" part of the removal of gods. Initialising some speculation, but without ever giving her thought on the matter. Maybe she was looking for hints of knowledge some can't hide. Next thing is a "joke"-vote on zipped (and she called my first votes flimsy...) In post #74 she kindly tries to summarise the thoughts on gods and again, does not really state her opinion on the matter, but offers an if-case. She hasn't said a word about what she thinks of the gods, despite being interested in the matter. That's what led to my "she seems to know more" thought, swamped. She doesn't feel town, but she doesn't feel scummy either up to now, I'd say a null read.

Well, it's Day 1 and we have not a lot to go on with... this leads to me being suspicious because I try to initiate discussion? Before we start the bandwagon on me I'd like to read some actual reasons for my lynching.

Darryl is unnerved by me.
Splinter votes me because ...? Seems you simply don't like me?

Seath voiced a drive by "oh yeah he's suspicious" without anything concrete, some goes for Zipped. Do you two still think the same? Would you please in your own words describe what you think about me?

I was more interested in your thoughts and reasoning than the vote itself. You mentioned there are "a few". Who? And why?

Gorlak seems to be overly quick to throw accusations out (and I thought it was just my terrible RP'ing but as time grew on his behaviour was...odd)

Daryll for reasons I haven't quite pinned down yet

Seath voiced a drive by "oh yeah he's suspicious" without anything concrete, some goes for Zipped. Do you two still think the same? Would you please in your own words describe what you think about me?

Most everyone is suspicious day 1, I was agreeing that Sophia's post made a vote against you look like a good candidate. I didn't vote for you because at the same time her argument for you appeared on, she was arguing and voting for me right before hand. I don't like to flip/flop trailing votes once people stop voting for me because when other people do it I think they are scum trying to appear "not scummy" but voting FOR each other and then later WITH each other. So I try to avoid it and draw my own conclusions.

I'm not voting for you today, With what we have I don't think you are scum.

Darryl runs gambits, so I give him benefit of the doubt. *splinter is eternally on my list (and I on his) because we play fundamentally different games of Mafia that always makes the other appear scummy.

*Splinter

*splinter, is doing a pretty good job at ball rolling, but my great and worthy opponent is very good at appearing town.
Most everyone is suspicious day 1, I was agreeing that Sophia's post made a vote against you look like a good candidate. I didn't vote for you because at the same time her argument for you appeared on, she was arguing and voting for me right before hand. I don't like to flip/flop trailing votes once people stop voting for me because when other people do it I think they are scum trying to appear "not scummy" but voting FOR each other and then later WITH each other. So I try to avoid it and draw my own conclusions.

I'm not voting for you today, With what we have I don't think you are scum.

Darryl runs gambits, so I give him benefit of the doubt. *splinter is eternally on my list (and I on his) because we play fundamentally different games of Mafia that always makes the other appear scummy.
The first quote and the bonded are not consistent. I also didn't scumread you for playing a different game, I scum read you for playing no game. I had to go hunting through the thread for your previous posts, and the first quote above is the one of the only substantial posts I could find - calling out the absent LP.

The italicised statement is also weird. You didn't want to look like you were trying to look "not scummy"... lol?

Sophia

Just woke up and I'm on mobile. Ended up sleeping 10 hours, so I'm refreshed. I don't like writing on mobile so I'll be back with a full post of my reads and thoughts in a bit over an hour. Right now I still think Gorlak is scum, but he gave a fairly decent response when I called him out, so I need to think it over. Plus Seath gave such an unusual reply that I feel I got good info. Darryl is among my top town at the moment. Not sensing any scum vibes.

The first quote and the bonded are not consistent. I also didn't scumread you for playing a different game, I scum read you for playing no game. I had to go hunting through the thread for your previous posts, and the first quote above is the one of the only substantial posts I could find - calling out the absent LP.

The italicised statement is also weird. You didn't want to look like you were trying to look "not scummy"... lol?

I disagree. I said you are very good at appearing town. Regardless of your true alignment, that is fact you are good at appearing town even when you are not.

I don't like to vote with people after they have immediately gotten off voting for me. Especially if the previous vote was a throw away/drive by or strangely justified. In my opinion it is a scum tactic, as is in the vote tally it appears that two people who are secretly working together are really throwing votes each other's way.

*Splinter

I disagree. I said you are very good at appearing town. Regardless of your true alignment, that is fact you are good at appearing town even when you are not.
Fine
I don't like to vote with people after they have immediately gotten off voting for me. Especially if the previous vote was a throw away/drive by or strangely justified. In my opinion it is a scum tactic, as is in the vote tally it appears that two people who are secretly working together are really throwing votes each other's way.
Yeah I see the logic. If you saw someone else doing that you might be concerned. If you see yourself doing that... what? You might suspect yourself?

I'm kind of playing dumb there, I know you are worried about seeming suspicious to others rather than yourself. But why is that the priority here? If I suspect someone I'm voting for them, not worrying about where my votes have been sitting and what that might look like to other people.

Mostly likely gonna keep my vote on Seath, still think that post was odd.

Gorlak - I didn't like the focus on calling out breadcrumbs at first, but if he was scum I dont think he would bother to point them out at all. Think someone also pointed out they were weak breadcrumbs anyway. The vote tossing rubbed me the wrong way as well.
==========================================

Another post that stuck out to me.

Makes this post about a few ppl being suspicious.
I'm still gonna wait to throw a vote out but there's a few that I'm...beginning to be more suspicious as the day rolls on by...

the few turns out to just b 2 ppl. One of which was already suspected by couple ppl and Darryl who may have town PR.
Aw hell with it all

VOTE: Gorlak

I love you dearly but my gut tells me opposite
Gorlak seems to be overly quick to throw accusations out (and I thought it was just my terrible RP'ing but as time grew on his behaviour was...odd)

Daryll for reasons I haven't quite pinned down yet

Kyanrute

One of which was already suspected by couple ppl and Darryl who may have town PR.

This ain't directed at you Ezekel alone, but you just happened to have a handy comment to quote. This is something that rubs me the wrong way. Why does the train of thought stop half-way? Not providing original thoughts is bad because of what? Because doing so is indistinguishable from coasting? I dunno, you did not tell. Are there other possible reasons why original opinions were not told? If there are, are they scummy or towny? Could the other reasons apply here? Why? Why not?

In addition, a additional gripe of mine. Why do the first to point fingers get to go free? There are different playstyles and there are different players, just because someone agrees with someone else is not in itself anything wrong. It can be wrong, of course, but first it has to be said why it is so. Everyone, not just town, is capable of pointing fingers.

Gorlak

Banned
freakinchair - one read post
lp - "I'm here", meta how to play the game, no opinions given - lean scummy
dragonz - catching up
starsketch - late to the god speculation
giant panda - thinks darryl suspicious - null
fengshuifever - newb, role playing - null
zipped - few early post, now quiet - null
swamped - #78, immortal, ordinary humans? ~ posts convey a good feeling, but flying under the radar
kyan - mortals? nothing specific... null
oceanic - despite posting, it's mostly non-game - null
ezekel - likes seath
seath - is weird
fep - ...? sisyphus , claims we are in the same boat with the breadcrumbing? #270

darryl - maybe scum doing #264

---
Day 1... it's great :/

I'm always rambling and look suspicious... mgs, hp, love boat. I'm town.

Out of Darryl, FEP and me there is probably one scum. Darryl made a clever trap with his breadcrumb which immediatly turned into the you are suspicious for pointing at it - discussion.
As said before I didn't think poking at him with a joke reference would be this dramatic.
Just for clearance I NEVER said he is Jesus (like FEP states in #270). It was clear that town PRs have no name, that's why I speculated about "Son of a God" and not Heracles or anyone else.
-> "Hahaha... Jesus. Wouldn't it be funny if that's a breadcrumb? Well, maybe he hints at being son of a god? I'll ask." - Gorlak #2016

I do believe he has the guts to pull of the gambit in #264. Outright stating what you are doing as scum that's the kind of thing he does.

My response to FEP: "Wow. Wiki said (...). You're clearly better at this." Who read this as a serious remark in which I articulate my respect for the astonishing ability of FEP?

---
I don't have the energy to sort my thoughts so I'll just keep writing... Who did I miss above?

Crimson - is very observing and only jumps in to ask certain questions, this makes me believe he knows how to play and survive, but that says nothing about his alignment

Splinter is acting suspicious like usual. He did the exact same thing in previous games, which I still don't like, but LB taught me that doesn't mean he's scum.
But right now he's playing a dirty game against me. I asked him to give some REAL reasons to lynch me and he stalled. Meanwhile he discusses with other people but seems to not want to adress me anymore. That makes him very suspicious.

Ironically I was the one to ask for shortening the day this morning, well time is working against me now it seems.
We have, as always, a whole bunch of low posters and lurkers, who've done shit all. With only a few hours to go, nothing will change that I guess.

If you want to off me fine. Just why?

Sophia made a "case" pointing at my random, bored ass poking everyone in the game. Breadcrumb discussion? What exactly is your problem with showing that a breadcrumb can be seen? Splinter mentioned they are in fact useless, when already seen. I may repeat myself, but I believe Darryl wanted someone to jump at it. Either to find scum or to deflect suspicion and be "confirmed" by saying town PRs don't have specific names. I never implied he has a specific name.

ugh...

Aside from how fluffy the exchange felt, I think scum would be more likely to not call out breadcrumbs, especially if they think someone is hinting at a power role.

There have been a few things about Gorlak that have bothered me a bit, but he wouldn't be my first pick for a day 1 lynch.

Lone_Prodigy has continued to contribute nothing, and I'm tempted to leave my vote on him. Making an RNG vote, not doing anything to follow through on it, and then showing up again just to take it off.

People I'd say are being scummy would be Pandas. He's been very focused on flavour and fluff. And this post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=199675186&postcount=270 rubs me the wrong way for some reason.

Something about Sophia bothers me too. As I said, I do think that her case against Gorlak was weak, but there's a few other things, like the poking people for views and then not following through on it, which was called out earlier. And the reaction to the RNG'd vote.

As usual with day 1, there's a lot of people who I feel like I don't have a good read on at all, mostly due to low post counts. fengshuifever, L_P, Star, Dragonz, Freakinchair feel like they've had very little presence.

Gorlak

Banned
I wanted to enjoy this game, so I started doing my thing. Voting Splinter, approaching Darryl, engaging aggressive people in a discussion. Asking the new one, fengshuifever, an easy target...
- meta: in my first game I replaced a scum member in the middle of the game and Darryl went hard at me causing me to freak out, in HP I caused a freshling to freak out and give away parts of his role, here I hoped for fsf to accidently reveal something about being lost, which he took for roleplaying -
I was trying to engage people and create more activity in the game, if you think that's suspicious, so be it. It's not the first time I'm named and shamed because I want people to be active, right Splinter?
Anyhow, I find it quite surprising how easily people fell for Sophia's case... (She said she has another in stock btw, but let's forget about that)

... I don't know what I can tell you? Fsf comes by and drops a vote on me... That's great. How shall I defend myself against unfounded votes?

Sophia

I got a large reply in the working Gorlak, but I'm gonna reply to you directly now instead of including it in the large reply. When I was skimming the thread I was thinking you were initially giving me town vibes, but as I told Zipped when I read over your posts together, I ended up getting scummy vibes from them. Some of the arguments were weak tho, so I called you out to see what your reaction was. I'm pretty satisfied with the reactions I got from you tho, which is making me second guess that you're scum. I'm still getting scum vibes, but because I'm second guessing I'm not gonna vote for you today. There are other people who I find more suspicious right now.

*Splinter

Still waiting... But you are surely busy and can't be around... Oh wait. You've posted every 30 minutes and just ignored this.
I wasn't ignoring you Gorlak I was at work. I can do drive by comments all day but no closer analysis - that's why the read list I posted is very much off the top of my head.

I want to do a deeper analysis of you since you've provided plenty of material to work with. I'm aware that time is running short however so I won't be too much longer

Swamped

Banned
Sophia doesn't feel townie in the slightest. She was the one to highlight the "may" part of the removal of gods. Initialising some speculation, but without ever giving her thought on the matter. Maybe she was looking for hints of knowledge some can't hide. Next thing is a "joke"-vote on zipped (and she called my first votes flimsy...) In post #74 she kindly tries to summarise the thoughts on gods and again, does not really state her opinion on the matter, but offers an if-case. She hasn't said a word about what she thinks of the gods, despite being interested in the matter. That's what led to my "she seems to know more" thought, swamped. She doesn't feel town, but she doesn't feel scummy either up to now, I'd say a null read.

Thanks Gorlak. I feel similarly about Sophia. That reaction to L_P's RNG vote also doesn't sit well with me. As I said before, I'm leaning Komena on you.

Aw hell with it all

VOTE: Gorlak

I love you dearly but my gut tells me opposite

I feel like this vote totally came out of nowhere, as I haven't seen anything in Feng's posts that stated he was suspicious of Gorlak. I mean, maybe he was thinking it in his head. Or maybe when pressed he just went for whoever people were currently talking about. I'll be keeping an eye on you.

OA is also bothering me. He only real suspect is Splinter, and I'm still not exactly sure why. He talks more about playing mafia in general, and about the gods. Would put a vote for him too.

Vote: Sophia

I wanted to think about it all before I cast my vote, but I can't shake the feeling that there's more to you than meets the eye. Gorlak is too obvious to be scum, but you're playing that fine line of antagonizing players and then playing innocent all too well for my liking.

Alright so I didn't want to put on a vote until everybody posted in some meaningful fashion. But really looking at the first page is where my most of my suspicions come from mainly Swamped, Asterisk dude, and Crimson. These are a lot of gut reads so things might change later, there just is a whole lot

Splinter: Although I'm inclined to leave to Splinter alive for now mainly due to his activity, because after him the amount of posts drop and town will suffer most going forward (it could also be people not giving a care about Day 1). Mafia more often than not will target active players so it'd be interesting to see what happens at nights end. I'm just going to keep aware of false town leader status.

Swamped: Seems extremely guarded in her opening posts and seems to repeat herself a bit. And the ellipses and hmms bother me a lot for some reason. Also asks too many rhetorical questions and tagging along on a lot of ideas.

Crimson: Been posting and largely noncontroversial. Spent most of the day poking and responding to other people's posts. Never really put any strong suspicions on anybody until near end of day.

Sophia is also somebody that I'm am keeping an eye for but won't vote for yet.

Gorlak: doesn't really bother me at all (yet)

On Darryl/Seath: They have certainly made interesting statements (Seath's opening post despite his non-god claim and Darryl calling himself a power role). But I think it would be rather rash to lynch them Day 1.

The rest aren't that interesting/really low activity.

Vote: CrimsonFist

Really above all rubs me the most the wrong way when going through all of his posts. And I've been working waaaay too long on this post for it to be this short.

Sophia

Lone_Prodigy - Neutral, I don't have enough to read off you. I don't care about the RNG vote at all, but I would like to hear more opinions from you. I understand your internet is spotty, so don't worry about getting it in specifically day because I won't vote you. What do you think of the Gods mechanic? What do you think of Gorlak and CrimsonFist? Who do you have suspicions on? Anything at all would really help here.

Darryl - I'll be honest, Darryl is a hard read for me. He seems like he's playing a bit cautious with his replies, but I can't tell if that's just Town PR Darryl playing carefully, or if there's more to it. He outed himself as having a power role in #251, but did not clarify what it was. Whenever I examine his post, I don't find anything that immediately strikes me as a scum vibe tho.

CrimsonFist - He's provided a bit of analysis in this thread so far, including one of his first posts, #60 and #61. He hasn't taken too much of a hard stance as far as I can tell, there's some points about the breadcruming in #197, and he's poked at users who have had low posts. Some observations about Seath at #206. He's provided counter-arguments, including the one to me at #226. I don't have a positive read at the moment, and I get the impression that he's trying to fly under the radar a bit, in terms of content. He's fairly active within the thread tho. Anyone got any counter-arguments for him?

EzekelRAGE - I did a look over of his posts up to #229, and noticed he's been focusing on Seath a bit. #229 is his post on Seath, but he's had a lot of other posts about Seath too. #204, #205, #215 as well... now he's says he's gonna keep his vote on Seath too. I don't know what to think here; I don't disagree with him on Seath tho.

flatearthpandas - You seem a little bit on the edge. Darryl seems to think you're definitely scum tho. I can't really get a good read on you right now, so I'm gonna observe. The one post that really strikes me out tho is at #113, where you mentioned Sisyphus. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it doesn't seem random...

Freakinchair - He's in favor of a Day 1 Lynch at #290, as well as providing some reads there. Some meta commentrary on Seath and Darryl, as well as him saying Splinter gives him slight scummy vibes. Basically nothing since this post. I'm getting a "Day 1 sucks so I'll just casually provide my reads and watch!" vibe from him, and I hope my opinion on that is already clear. I don't like it that well.

Giant Panda - Agreement with EzekelRAGE at #68, alongside some meta commentrary about the Gods. Again at #72. Gorlak made a comment about you at #91 and your speculation of the Gods, to which you gave an answer at #133. Satisfactory answer for me. However, I found your voting at #261 as well as the follow up conversation to be interesting. I'm not really seeing a reason for Darryl being scum just yet.

StarSketch - Like Darryl, she's a hard read for me. I'm biased here, and I really want more opinions on her. When I looked over her earlier in my notes, I had three posts listed: Her introductory post at #55, asking for another 24 hours at #237, and some basic commentary/reads at #274. Since then, she had some stuff to say at #285 about the Gods flavor, but that's it. Same vibe that Freakinachair is giving me, but not as strong. I wanna keep an eye on who's on her and who isn't in case she flips town at any point.

Zippedpinhead - You seemed to have gotten rid of your "GAFia strategy guide" after I told you to shove it. Also, as we all know, I don't like your opinions on day one in the slighest... that being said, I'm not getting scum vibes from you. Lots of commentrary at #69 about the Gods, commentrary about day one claiming at #73, you've provided good counter points to me at #76, #207, #225. You seemed to have agreed with me on Gorlak a bit, but not enough to vote on it, and you provided your argument for it at #318. Curious about you and Splinter at #322.

OceanicAir - In Post #59 you immediately brought up the suggestion of a devotee in response to my question about the day start. I understand where you're coming from there, but something doesn't sit right about that. Some meta commentrary about Swamped and Darryl at #67, and you think Splinter is suspcious at #174. Follow up commentrary to Splinter at #223, correct me if I'm wrong but you still seem to think he's suspcious? Looks that way anyhow. Commentrary about Freakinachair at #184, which is before his only real post of signifiance. Strikes me as an easy picking for scum, but on it's own it's not worth much.

Swamped - Lots of Gods speculation at #78. Didn't seem to want to speculate flavor too much, which I agreed with. Made an early vote for StarSketch at #85, but I'm pretty sure that was just meta commentrary so I'm gonna ignore it. Some commentrary at #181, not sure what to make of it. Seems to be thinking that flatearthpanda is scum at #189, not sure if I'd agree with what she says there about FEP trying to appear active or not. Of course, she made a comment about me thinking LP's RNG vote wasn't random at #254, but I'm not seeing anything significant there as that's a normal reaction. She doesn't seem convinced that Gorlak is scum there either. Some commentrary at Seath at #258 with three potential scenarios, and seems to think he's town. Not really getting anything scummy from her, she's been decently active as far as contributions go.

Kyanrute - Here's another hard read for me. I looked over him earlier and got townish vibes as I said at #250. What really stood out to me was his train of thoughts in post #214, #217, and #232. His opinion on the Gods there is something I'm leaning towards agreeing with. Kyanrute is smart tho, I know that. We'll see on him.

WhereAreMahDragonz - Got prod voted by Gorlak early on, to which she replied to at #194. Finds Seath fishy at #203, which I agree with, and continues to find Seath fishy at #292. In that same post, she reads both Seath and myself as scum. There's also a lovely post about me at #296, it's almost kind of touching to see someone dedicate a post to me like that... I'm not particularly seeing anything that stands out as scummy. Splinter noted her reads seem safe, and I'm inclined to agree. But that doesn't mean anything on it's own. Voted for me at #335, but she'll find no antagonizing here as I think she's a townie for now.

Seath - It's no secret that nobody, myself included, feels right with Seath. He immediately told nobody to role claim at post #139, which I don't like. Some really noticiable roleplaying across his posts. Pushed the idea of a God being a Godfather too. I brought this up before, but at #152 he said this:"Also, Peripseros has in some way to reveal to its followers", which at that point had not been confirmed at all to the best of my knowledge. Someone correct me if I'm wrong? I definitely feel like he's got more information than the rest of us. Pushed God-slayer in #155. Some odd reactions to fengshuifever too. Pushed the idea of the scum team being recruitable at #173. Claims he's just speculating and throwing out ideas in #209, and seems to think that there might be three Gods. The biggest post that's been brought up was his parroting of information that should have already been obvious at #210. He phrased it as if it were something we wouldn't know, despite it clearly being stated as red text. But what really bothers me the most is how he responded to my accusations against Gorlak. At #224 he said "All my reads are null at this point but Sophia does make a strong case against Gorlak", I called him out on it, and at #272 he didn't even to explain why. His reads were still apparently null. Nobody else had completely null reads to my reply to Gorlak, so what's up with that?

fengshuifever - Looked at him earlier, I didn't see much anything of note. At the time I thought he was coasting slightly, but I'm not getting scum vibes. Seems to be coasting a bit early on, but voted for Gorlak without much explaination at #315. Gave out his reasoning to Splinter at #317; apparently Darryl bothers him? Huh. Very interesting.

*Splinter - Splinter... what to think of him? Seems to have backpeddeled here and there early on. He's been VERY active tho, which is townish vibes to me. #92 was his opening post I believe. #93 he jokes about claiming Komena, but wouldn't because he'd get counter-claimed. Not sure why he stated that. Asked me if I was scum in #94, to which I didn't reply to him to see his reaction, and I got such a reaction at #202. I said his posts rub me the wrong way at #96, but now I'm not so sure about it anymore. Suggested the idea of a Godfather at #98, to which Gorlak replied and he went "Er OK, fair point". He's a faantastic scum by his own admission at #102, which was an amusing display but made me think more of Gorlak than him. He didn't like Lone_prodigy's vote at #115, and voted for him. Seems to think Darryl was PR fishing at #118, and voted for him then. Seems to have been looking at Star (jokingly?) at #123, specifically those who voted against her. At #134 there was "This conversation is boring and pointless and I find it interesting that Darryl is letting it play out.", which I found unusual, but I can't pinpoint why. A few comments to Seath too, which provided interesting results at #152. He's been pushing the right people, such as OceanicAir at #174. Darryl had some suspcisions of him at #235, but I'm not sure I agree with Darryl there as it just seems like Splinter was playing it safe and questioning the obvious. He provided a followup at #240, voiced his opinion on a no lynch at #245. When he's pressured people, such as Flatearthpanda at #271, he asked for specifics instead of just general impressions. That's always been a town sign in my book. I'm keeping an eye on him, as well as the people who think he's scum. Good read posts at #299, but I find it amusing he says I'm his top town. Voted for Gorlak at #305

Right now CrimsonFist is my top scum, for reasons I noted above. I wanna hear more arguments for and against him. OceanicAir has provided his, what does everyone else think? Also wouldn't mind hearing any arguments or counter-arguments to anything on my reads list. Barring any emergencies or sudden events I should be here when the day ends.

Vote: CrimsonFist

Apologizes if there's any mistakes in this post, it took far longer to write than I thought it would.

My response to FEP: "Wow. Wiki said (...). You're clearly better at this." Who read this as a serious remark in which I articulate my respect for the astonishing ability of FEP?
*Raises hand sadly.*

Lol.

Anyway, I've read through the thread again. My opinions are changing every time I skim over it. Right now my main takeaway is astonishment that Gorlak was serious with his breadcrumb callout. My last thought on that whole situation is that Splinter may be heading up my town list.

Until I decided that, he was on my scum list so that's something. I'll go ahead and leave Star there. Gorlak is pushing back up toward null but not ask the way there.

I find it interesting that Swamped voted me because of too much flavor/mechanics speculation (in the same post she says she will try and keep an open mind) and yet re: Seath, says all of their speculation is a town sign. What are the key differences between me and Seath, Swamped?

Sleepy time now, I'll pop back on in time to vote, argue, and defend if necessary before the clock gets too close.

*Splinter

Sophia can you elaborate on FEP. You say post 113 "strikes you out" and "doesn't seem random", but I'm not sure what you mean.

Sophia

Sophia can you elaborate on FEP. You say post 113 "strikes you out" and "doesn't seem random", but I'm not sure what you mean.

It's a gut read, but I just don't think he'd bring up Sisyphus for no reason. I could be wrong about it tho and he's just speculating based upon Greek flavor.

Kyanrute

Darryl jumped on people who he thought were being "fake" about their speculation, assuming that scum already know what's going on with the Gods. I don't think it's a completely useless topic to pursue, generally scum will have a better idea as to things than town, so it's likely that they might hang back or try to avoid giving away that they know more than they should.

Something at least worth revisiting in a few days when we have an idea as to how things actually work to compare with speculations. I'd also look at people who either haven't commented on the topic at all, or people who came in later and parroted earlier speculation.

I offer this for the Crimson Train, it caught my eye somewhat. I see no reason that would exclude any theorist from the list of suspects. When did this game become a race to be the first to post the speculation? Everyone should be looked at, the theorists themselves might be the ones with a ace of scum information up in their sleeve.

Still catching up on what should be the final re-read. More thoughts in a bit.

Gorlak

Banned
I wasn't ignoring you Gorlak I was at work. I can do drive by comments all day but no closer analysis - that's why the read list I posted is very much off the top of my head.

I want to do a deeper analysis of you since you've provided plenty of material to work with. I'm aware that time is running short however so I won't be too much longer

Seriously Splinter. You vote for me. You don't say "die please" without a reason... and you certainly don't need to analyse the whole thread when you've already made up your mind about me! Yet, you keep stalling...
I also asked you why Darryl is top town, but I guess the obvious reasons have to be analysed first as well.

You're scum.

Kevyt

Vote: WhereareMahDragonz

Sorry sis, but I think you are playing it too safe to be your first game, and I would say the same thing for Fengshuifever.

I have noticed several patterns on first time scum players and while I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to Fengshuifever, not so much with Dragonz.

All of her posts seem generic, and it's almost like she is being "coached" by someone or should I say, some - aka her scum team.

This is her first game but I have never seen first time players so convinced about accusing others as with Dragonz. I'm not saying this makes her scum, but her ability to point fingers really fast, even though she denounced Sophia for accusing Gorlak and saying "it's only day 1." It's kind of ironic.

Her recent posts make me more comfortable, and willing to change my vote. I await her response.

I do not think, by any means, that she is an easy lynch target. However, I do think the potential for her to be scum is likely.

@Sophia: As I said, I was merely speculating and paraphrasing the information that we have been given.

I think you all are overthinking my posts. Whether that's a good or bad thing, time will tell.

Kevyt

I do not know what to make of Darryl. If I had no previous knowledge of his style, I would denounce him as scum. However, his style seems pretty much the same from other games I have played with him.

I think Scum and Town Darryl are pretty much the same (style wise), therefore Darryl is a hard null read. More so than others.

Kevyt

*Splinter - Splinter... what to think of him? Seems to have backpeddeled here and there early on. He's been VERY active tho, which is townish vibes to me. #92 was his opening post I believe. #93 he jokes about claiming Komena, but wouldn't because he'd get counter-claimed. Not sure why he stated that. Asked me if I was scum in #94, to which I didn't reply to him to see his reaction, and I got such a reaction at #202. I said his posts rub me the wrong way at #96, but now I'm not so sure about it anymore. Suggested the idea of a Godfather at #98, to which Gorlak replied and he went "Er OK, fair point". He's a faantastic scum by his own admission at #102, which was an amusing display but made me think more of Gorlak than him. He didn't like Lone_prodigy's vote at #115, and voted for him. Seems to think Darryl was PR fishing at #118, and voted for him then. Seems to have been looking at Star (jokingly?) at #123, specifically those who voted against her. At #134 there was "This conversation is boring and pointless and I find it interesting that Darryl is letting it play out.", which I found unusual, but I can't pinpoint why. A few comments to Seath too, which provided interesting results at #152. He's been pushing the right people, such as OceanicAir at #174. Darryl had some suspcisions of him at #235, but I'm not sure I agree with Darryl there as it just seems like Splinter was playing it safe and questioning the obvious. He provided a followup at #240, voiced his opinion on a no lynch at #245. When he's pressured people, such as Flatearthpanda at #271, he asked for specifics instead of just general impressions. That's always been a town sign in my book. I'm keeping an eye on him, as well as the people who think he's scum. Good read posts at #299, but I find it amusing he says I'm his top town. Voted for Gorlak at #305

Right now CrimsonFist is my top scum, for reasons I noted above. I wanna hear more .

I don't think that driving the conversation in the way that Splinter has makes him townie. For one, I think Splinter scum is really townish in his style. He is hard to read as scum, but I am now very interested in knowing who his scum list are and what his reads on others is.

Likewise, you've been on a rampage recently specifically going after the likes of Gorlak and CrimsonFist, both of which do not give me scum vibes.

I do think you make a strong case for Gorlak, I still believe it but it's strange you are now looking after CrimsonFist.

Who is more scummy to you, CF, or Gorlak? Also, why the sudden change when we're very close to the end of the day?

Kevyt

I also just find peculiar that Dragonz finds me suspicious and fishy but ends up voting for Sophia, lol

It's kind of like a non-sequitur

Sophia

I don't think that driving the conversation in the way that Splinter has makes him townie. For one, I think Splinter scum is really townish in his style. He is hard to read as scum, but I am now very interested in knowing who his scum list are and what his reads on others is.

Likewise, you've been on a rampage recently specifically going after the likes of Gorlak and CrimsonFist, both of which do not give me scum vibes.

I do think you make a strong case for Gorlak, I still believe it but it's strange you are now looking after CrimsonFist.

Who is more scummy to you, CF, or Gorlak? Also, why the sudden change when we're very close to the end of the day?

Right now? CrimsonFist. Also the change didn't happen very close to the end of the day. My opinion started changing back here:

hmmucpsk.jpg

I acknowledge your points, Gorlak. I'll concede with you on the breadcruming point for now.

Related, but I did a read of Kyanrute's posts, and got townish vibes from them.

There's one person I wish to look over right now, so I'll doing that for a bit.

Note the conceding on the breadcruming?

Sophia

Also, the person I was looking over there was Darryl, if you're curious. It's where I concluded he was a hard read for me.

*Splinter

Seriously Splinter. You vote for me. You don't say "die please" without a reason1... and you certainly don't need to analyse the whole thread when you've already made up your mind about me!2 Yet, you keep stalling3...
I also asked you why Darryl is top town, but I guess the obvious reasons have to be analysed first as well.4

You're scum.5
1. Sure I do

2. I haven't "already made my mind up" on you. I have a scum read on you. A D1 scum read. A D1 scum read that you are wildly overreacting to.

3. I've been playing mafia "working" all day and wanted a break. Sorry not sorry.

The statement is much riskier if he's scum though. It certainly could be a guess, and he's by no means "confirmed" by this, but for now I'm thinking he's a town PR.
?

5. no u

Top Bottom