• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising being remastered for PS4/XBO/PC, DR2 and OTR to PS4/XBO

Good to hear the first one is heading towards Xbox One as well. Now the question remains if it will be a full on remaster with improved graphics or basically just a HD version of the game. It would be sweet if it can be in done in the DR3/4 graphics.

One thing is for sure...Capcom is going all out with the remasters, sjeesh.

wbacon

Capcom USA
PC (Steamworks only, never buying anything on W10 store ever) is my preferred platform and what I'll actually be playing DR1 on so I really appreciate you guys realizing that there's a market for this franchise on this platform :)

Also huge thank you for bringing the game to PC, while I'm buying 1 copy of every re-release on each platform, I'll be picking up at least 5 PC copies for myself and friends since I said that if it ever came to PC I would do everything I could to support it and I couldn't be happier to do so.

Appreciate the support! DR1 is based on MT Framework and it's being handled by the same team who worked on DDDA on PC. You can rest assured it'll be a great port. :)

Still unclear how much of an upgrade (if any) this will be getting, right ?
Frame rate and resolution bump is probably the only thing were getting, realistically

wbacon did mention he'd reveal the "release timing, price, format, features, etc.". Features sticks out like a sore thumb, so it's possible we could get a few new things here and there. Infinity Mode without the hunger meter would be a great draw for those that hate the time limit.

What was your justification?

Probably the fact that DR3 was exclusive to the Xbone on consoles, and they still have at least temporary exclusivity with DR4.

Appreciate the support! DR1 is based on MT Framework and it's being handled by the same team who worked on DDDA on PC. You can rest assured it'll be a great port. :)

Sounds good. Would be nice if the game isn't as blurry as Dragons Dogma, though. Had to use ReShade to sharpen it.

DirtyLarry

Sweet. 1 is still my favorite game of the series. Then again I never got how people complained about the clock as to me it is just a gameplay mechanic and part of what makes the game the game that it is.

Nice!

I never beat Dead Rising because of the awful timer, but if they tweak that I'll buy it again.

I'll likely be in for DR2 and OTR, which I didn't finish.

Ridley327

Awesome that they're doing all three games. Hopefully, there aren't any issues with music licensing on the first game, because I cannot imagine that game without Gone Guru.

Exactly!
The series definitely lost something when it became more about finding zanier methods for killing zombies.

It's odd, because I actually never hear any critical discussion of the way the series changed. Almost all discussion about Dead Rising seems to be "It was bad before because you had to restart, now it's good because you can make flamethrower helmets!"

I don't think I even finished Dead Rising 3, I found it that boring. Maybe I should try again.

Exactly!
The series definitely lost something when it became more about finding zanier methods for killing zombies.

Yup. Combo weapons in DR2 were a step in the wrong direction. Put less emphasis on just using whatever came to hand to fight off the zombies, though I still liked it overall. DR3 was utter shit.

It's odd, because I actually never hear any critical discussion of the way the series changed. Almost all discussion about Dead Rising seems to be "It was bad before because you had to restart, now it's good because you can make flamethrower helmets!"

I don't think I even finished Dead Rising 3, I found it that boring. Maybe I should try again.

I like to call it "Saints Row Syndrome". Add in wacky, zany shit, and see people make GIFs of it, all while the gameplay is much more shallow and repetitive than before.

Grief.exe

So... Is there more coming to PC ? Is Okami a dead dream ? :")

Stay positive fam.

DDDA was a phenomenal port and MT Framework is one of the top engines of all time. I'm excited to get my hands on this port.

Probably the fact that DR3 was exclusive to the Xbone on consoles, and they still have at least temporary exclusivity with DR4.

That was a one off contract that also ended with an x86 port anyways.

Stay positive fam.

DDDA was a phenomenal port and MT Framework is one of the top engines of all time. I'm excited to get my hands on this port.

That was a one off contract that also ended with an x86 port anyways.

With Dead Rising 1 coming, I am positive :")

Since the cat's now out of the bag, yes, DR1 is coming to XB1, PS4, and PC (Steamworks).

In addition, DR2 and DR2:OTR is coming to XB1 and PS4. (PC already has them)

We'll have more info later :)

Will they have a retail release?

Edit: I see you can't say anything more. Hopefully all of them do.

Montresor

Thank god this is coming to XB1. Every time there is a "Confirmed for PS4" thread I just automatically assume the game won't be ported to XB1. Woot! I'm glad they're remastering all three of those games, DAMN.

I wonder if they will remaster the Case Zero and Case West games too..

Since the cat's now out of the bag, yes, DR1 is coming to XB1, PS4, and PC (Steamworks).

In addition, DR2 and DR2:OTR is coming to XB1 and PS4. (PC already has them)

We'll have more info later :)

1. Thank you. You guys never really get a proper thank you for this stuff.

2. Pray tell, a physical release for these guys? Hell, I've been buying the RE remasters at retail...

Grief.exe

Thank god this is coming to XB1. Every time there is a "Confirmed for PS4" thread I just automatically assume the game won't be ported to XB1. Woot! I'm glad they're remastering all three of those games, DAMN.

The Trophies happened to leak through a Sony API, but it would be a surprise if this was a Sony exclusive especially considering Capcom is a multiplatform publisher and their proclivity towards PC.

Ridley327

Case Zero is kinda redundant, since it was basically a paid demo for DR2 that doesn't offer any insight into the back story of Chuck and Katey that isn't already present in the full game. Case West would be worth it, though, since it's basically a second Overtime mode for DR2 and is still the only regular DR game that features co-op revolving around two different characters.

I realize the timer cannot be taken out of the game, but perhaps allowing the option to slow down the time lapse would be a good middle ground.

I am really looking forward game coming out. Some of the crazy bosses are seared into my head. Like that scary ass clown.

Oreoleo

Any chance you can tease us on a release time frame? Before or after DR4?

pizzacat

Banned
How about you time limit whiners git gud

you guys really want the only interesting thing in the game taken out for it to be a pseudo open world zombie game like wut

Ridley327

Correct. I believe it was something like, most MT Framework documentation is in Japanese and DR2 and onward was made by a western team so they thought it better/easier to use a different engine.

Correct. DR2 onward uses Capcom Vancouver's own proprietary technology. DR1 is the only game in the series running on MT Framework. Even the Wii botch job ran on a modified version of the RE4 engine.

kaskade

Nice to see it's going to be remastered. Hopefully they do some unlimited mode. I always wanted a mode to just run around and kill zombies without the stress of the time limit and hunger.

Was very late to the party with the original game since I played/completed it only months before the Xbox One launch; never got around to playing the rest like I had hoped to do before 3 released.

If the remasters are priced/released like the Resident Evil 4/5/6 remasters I'll happily pick them up without a second thought. I enjoyed my time with that first game and would be happy to, eventually, go back to it and the sequels.

Nabs

kd9GJRK.gif

Is there any game that has a remaster (or one planned) being also released as a bc title on the bone?

Because I own otr digitally and it'd be cool if they did something like that.

Montresor

Remembering that early achievement design.

FVrUUPS.gif

Remember in a good way or bad way?

I really loved how every achievement was 20gamerscore, making each achievement equal adding up to the 1000.

I didn't like the grinding achievements though.

But I loved how it seemed a lot of the achievements gave you real in-game rewards.

Grief.exe

I really loved how every achievement was 20gamerscore, making each achievement equal adding up to the 1000.

That seems arbitrary, but nostalgia is nostalgia.

I didn't like the grinding achievements though.

But I loved how it seemed a lot of the achievements gave you real in-game rewards.

Dead Rising 1 had a lot of achievements that involved grinding. Wear all the clothes in the mall, stand outside for 24 hours, stand inside for 24 hours, kill 53,000 zombies, etc.

SkylineRKR

Dead Rising 1 is brilliant. Its in fact an RPG. I also love the timer. You'll eventually get so strong and loaded that you rinse it all with ease (well I guess a certain bomb mission was hard). Getting there each time with different results was what made it addicting, and you kept your progress. Skateboard was mandatory in my games, fast and fun traversal.

Was impressed by RE6 and RE5 remasters, can't wait for DR1 and expect the same quality.

How about you time limit whiners git gud

you guys really want the only interesting thing in the game taken out for it to be a pseudo open world zombie game like wut

The timer was not "the only interesting thing in the game". A clock isn't interesting. It's just a thing.

Ridley327

So do I buy DR2 or DR2 OTR? Are they different games with different stories etc?

They're both the same game in terms of content (for the most part, as they have wildly different end-games), but the story does change quite a bit between the two of them, as Chuck has very different stakes than Frank does. OTR is basically a "what-if" version of DR2.

Kaizer

Banned
Cool, I've never played the Dead Rising series, looking forward to finally experiencing it on PS4! This all but confirms that the newest Dead Rising is for sure coming to PS4 & is a timed exclusive on Xbox One right?

Ridley327

Cool, I've never played the Dead Rising series, looking forward to finally experiencing it on PS4! This all but confirms that the newest Dead Rising is for sure coming to PS4 & is a timed exclusive on Xbox One right?

I'm pretty sure it's been known for a while that DR4 has a year-long exclusivity deal on Xbox One.

Top Bottom