• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War®: Ghost of Sparta | VIDEO GAMEPLAY+ PR/Storyline+Screensoths |

Orobi

GAMEPLAY:D :D :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVyQXQdpig0

Developer: Ready At Dawn® Studios
Platform: PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) and PSPgo handheld entertainment systems
Genre: Action-Adventure
Players: Single-player
Launch Date: Fall 2010

OVERVIEW
The God of War® franchise has set the bar for the action-adventure genre, selling over 11 million units worldwide and receiving various awards, while enjoying critical acclaim from the videogame industry’s top media. This began in 2005 when Sony Computer Entertainment America’s (SCEA) Santa Monica Studio introduced God of War, a game that won over a dozen ‘Game of the Year Awards.’ Then in 2007, the award-winning development team introduced God of War II, the second chapter of this sprawling odyssey, followed by God of War III in 2010, the franchise’s first title designed for the PlayStation®3 (PS3™) system and one that sold over 1 million copies in its first week of release last March.

In 2008, the adventure moved to the PSP® system with God of War®: Chains of Olympus, a game that is currently the highest rated PSP title of all-time on MetaCritic.com with a score of 91. Developed by Ready At Dawn Studios, in collaboration with SCEA’s Santa Monica team, Chains of Olympus has been praised by fans and critics alike as one of the best portable gaming experiences to date.

Now, that same creative team brings you God of War®: Ghost of Sparta for the PSP and PSPgo systems. This new journey picks up after the conclusion of God of War, telling the story of Spartan warrior Kratos ascension to power as the new God of War. Ghost of Sparta will combine intense action, a fresh storyline, stunning graphics, and depths of scale never-before-seen on the portable platform.

STORYLINE
At the end of God of War, the brutal warrior Kratos had defeated Ares and ascended to Olympus as the new God of War. In Ghost of Sparta, Kratos finds that his new powers are not enough to stop the nightmares that continue to plague him. To free himself of the ghosts that haunt his memories, Kratos must embark on a journey that will reveal the origins of lost worlds and answer long-awaited questions about his dark past. Armed with the deadly Blades of Athena, he will have to overcome armies of mythological monsters, legions of undead soldiers, and amazingly dangerous and brutal landscapes throughout his merciless quest.

KEY FEATURES
New Combat & Weapon System: Enhanced melee combat features more in your face action with ‘Combat Rush’, which enables Kratos to pummel enemies to the ground as well as throw them, an augmented death system featuring unique weapon and magic specific deaths, as well as a larger variety of combination, finishing and air-to-air combat moves. Players will also have new weapons to wield such as the Spear and Shield with its fully fleshed out combat tree along with new magical powers for more lethal attacks.

Bigger Bosses, More Enemies: Ghost of Sparta boasts bigger and more diverse gameplay than Chains of Olympus. This results in exponentially larger bosses, double the enemies on-screen with more diverse behaviors, and new navigation types all of which add to a more engaging and immersive gameplay experience.

Stunning Visuals: Engine enhancements provide stunning graphics and dramatic camera angles that are coupled with weather effects, depth of field, and higher quality environments to offer visuals that have never been seen before on the PSP system.

Epic Story: Keeping true to the God of War franchise, Ghost of Sparta provides compelling new adventure for Kratos, one that will go deeper into his past that ever before and answer long-awaited questions about the Spartan warrior.

Puzzle Solving: As players explore the ancient world, prepare to navigate through a labyrinth of challenging puzzles inter-woven into the story.

Critically-Acclaimed Franchise: Brought to you by two award-winning development teams, Sony Computer Entertainment America, Santa Monica Studio and Ready At Dawn Studios.

Enjoy Anytime, Anywhere: Available for the PSP and PSPgo systems, Ghost of Sparta is a blockbuster adventure in the palm of your hand that can be enjoyed on the go, anytime, anywhere!

ART
1tk17m.jpg

2dv0g2x.jpg

SCREENSHOTS :D :D

xo400p.jpg

o77jg6.jpg

9is8w6.jpg

2qwlzqq.jpg

whe2v.jpg

2zp36gn.jpg

2hg7hc6.jpg

1674c4z.jpg

Trevelyan

Banned
Gameplay vid looks sooooo good and really smooth. The spear+shield combo for weapon seems really intriguing. Can't wait to see how Kratos will end up destroying Atlantis. :D

decon

Looks great. I love God of War, but this is the 5. game and they really hit a homerun with God of War 3. What will they do with this game?

strideramc

Looks good. The new spear/shield weapon looks cool. This will give me another reason to dust off my PSP after Peace Walker.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Buying a PSP for this and Chains of Olympus.

decon said:
Looks great. I love God of War, but this is the 5. game and they really hit a homerun with God of War 3. What will they do with this game?

6th game.

In chronological order:
GoW: CoO
GoW
GoW: GoS
GoW: Betrayal
GoW II
GoW III

Gaaraz

Don't suppose this will be out any time soon? I really, really want to ditch my PSP but will kick myself if this comes out in the next few months and I didn't wait :(

Gaaraz

Thanks TheThunder! I did a search for 'release' but not that, I'm also ashamed to say I had to Google what 'fall' meant :)

Not too long then, and looks like it'll be well worth the wait. Cheers!

KillerAJD

TheThunder said:
okayyyyy

Why does your videos have music that don't have anything to do with the games :lol ?
It's all B-roll footage used for sites to cut their own trailers and stuff. A lot of that stuff doesn't include sound. I guess he just picked some tracks that Youtube lets you use for his videos :lol Also, I've been saying this a lot lately, but looks awesome, and I can't wait to check it out myself.

blizeH said:
Thanks TheThunder! I did a search for 'release' but not that, I'm also ashamed to say I had to Google what 'fall' meant :)

Not too long then, and looks like it'll be well worth the wait. Cheers!
No problem, and sorry for coming off as a jerk but I just was at the GT5 thread and the whole lack of proper info for that game still amazes me :lol

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
wow these screen-shots looks very impressive even at that size, hard to believe that's PSP, man that system just keeps on giving.

lowrider007 said:
wow these screen-shots looks very impressive even at that size, hard to believe that's PSP, man that system just keeps on giving.
If those were real PSP shots than I'm better looking than Brad Pitt :lol

These are the most bullshot bullshots I've ever saw.

lowrider007

TheThunder said:

Really?, the most bullshot you've ever saw?

Watch the vid, there really not that far off.

Orobi

TheThunder said:

These are only renders done with the engine, not "real" bullshots.

Xyphie

lowrider007 said:
Watch the vid, there really not that far off.

Yeah, only a 10x increase in resolution, not that far off you know. The game no doubt looks good for a PSP game, but the screenshots in no way accurately show the actual image quality of the game.

vazel

Banned
Xyphie said:
Yeah, only a 10x increase in resolution, not that far off you know. The game no doubt looks good for a PSP game, but the screenshots in no way accurately show the actual image quality of the game.
Doesn't the PSP also add dithering?

lowrider007

Xyphie said:

<sigh>

Really dude, bar resolution there's not a big difference, but then this is the gaf I suppose, anything on here can be constituted as a MASSIVE difference, to my eyes looking at those screens and comparing it to the video they look very similar, yes if you downscaled those images to the PSP screens size it would be another matter, but they are large.

Denzar

"Ghost Of War: Ghost Of Sparta"

Man, Tretton stumbled over the name TWICE :D

Looks really good though!

But... I'm kinda getting tired of GoW by now...

Jaradakar

Xyphie said:

I've heard the RAD guys say before that their engine supports rendering higher than what the PSP can output. So the shots are for real with most likely minor touch ups to remove jaggies.

Top Bottom