• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL | 2 Singleplayer Gameplay Vision (New Trailer/dev diary)

Tokubetsu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxVHLPizG84

Variety is what separates Titanfall 2 Single Player apart. Get a first look at how Jack and BT must combine their abilities and risk everything to survive together, and sometimes, apart. Whether fighting as a Pilot, the lightning-fast, elite guardians of The Frontier, or as a Titan, 20-foot-tall war machines, Titanfall 2 provides an action-packed adventure filled with fun.

Exploration, puzzles, platforming, and boss battles =O

zsynqx

Playing through the cod4 remastered campaign over the weekend just got me really hyped for this, I hope Respawn delivers.

It's funny how they big up the relationship between you and BT in the SP, yet make you feel like your titan in the MP game is so much more disposable

ghibli99

Man, this looks good. Had no interest in the original because of MP-only, but this looks like something I'll really enjoy playing. Damn, this month is so brutal...

Oneself

Never cared about Titanfall but this video really sold me on what could be a really great SP experience. Color me interested now.

Kacho

First person shooter boss battles are the worst...

Normally I'd agree with you but I have faith Respawn will do it right.

Getting kinda hyped for Titanfall 2. Wasn't even on my radar initially but as we get closer to the release date and I'm reminded of the single player campaign I might just jump in.

SwolBro

Banned
i hope they do enough to teach everyone the proper mechanics before they jump into PVP this time.

so far it seems like they are

The campaign is actually looking really good. This shouldn't surprise me since this is practically the same team who made the Modern Warfare campaign. I'm definitely going to pick this up

Campaign is looking great and hopefully the changes to multiplayer won't effect how fun it is. Definitely going to pick it up.

Menitta

I'm glad this is gonna be a full-fledged singleplayer mode. It doesn't seem like an afterthought, and it kinda can't be after that being one of the main complaints of Titanfall 1. Even thought I'm mostly getting this for the multiplayer, the singleplayer looks awesome!

Rayme

Sh0jCLK.gif

Bikram

This and Shadow Warrior 2 should provide great fps sp gameplay.
And what do you know even Battlefield and CoD may surprise us.

Tb0ne07

Just pre-ordered through Prime (also picked up Bloodborne PS4 for $13). Getting hyped for this game. Everything I've seen post tech test have been positives, definitely intrigued by the SP and really glad all non-cosmetic MP will be free, no season pass, no splitting up user base, classic remastered map downloads, more custimization etc...

kevin1025

Banned
I'm a little shaky on the multiplayer still, though they have quelled most of my concerns with the Attrition talk and the fixes they mentioned.

This campaign, though, looks like the thing I've really been wanting. I'm more excited for that part of the game!

So close now.

black070

Sweet Christmas, that looks and sounds awesome - will have to resist diving into the campaign until I can play it with the Pro patch.

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
Amazing, so ready for this. Crazy how good looking they got dat source engine rocking.

jelly

So ready for another great single player FPS campaign. It's really bliss when they come along. Fingers crossed for Titanfall 2.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Playing through the cod4 remastered campaign over the weekend just got me really hyped for this, I hope Respawn delivers.

Same.

Though even though TF is one of my favorite new IPs, a part of me wishes IW had been able to make a proper MW3. It was just missing the soul of the first two.

That remaster is so damn good.

The Titan mechanics lend themselves to boss battles in a way that most "military" shooters don't. They do seem to have a kind of corny video-gamey introduction thing going though. I'm not sure if that's the right tone (no pun intended) but we'll see.

I am really glad that they're embracing their game mechanics and building from there. The Battlefield guys sound like they're trying to do that as well. It seems like a stark contrast to what COD has been doing. I'm thinking about Black Ops 3 where they shamelessly lifted Titanfall's wall-running mechanics for multiplayer and half-assedly stuck them into the single-player as a useless unlockable perk for that embarrassment of a campaign. It doesn't look like Infinite Warfare multiplayer has much to do with the single-player either for that matter. But at least it seems like the single-player is trying some stuff with the zero-g and the spaceship combat. I'm expecting it to be shallow as hell but you never know.

I'm hoping the platform/puzzle aspects are a bit more Portal than say Uncharted. If the question ever came up during development about whether the average COD player can handle a decent puzzle, I pray that the answer was "oh well, fuck em, they can always look it up on YouTube if it's too hard".

Top Bottom