• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Mafia |OT| Memento Mori

Sorian

Banned
giphy.gif

I assumed they wouldn't be able to communicate until the game actually began.

I'm waiting for the day that a veteran rolls scum with a newbie and suggests that they do something like this early on day 1 so that they get derp cleared as town. No clue if that may have happened here but you're off my radar for day 1 so while probably slightly embarrassing, I'd call it a net gain.

Probably a stupid question, but why all the lynch votes already? Isn't that more likely to kill a townie since there are more of us and we don't really know anything about anyone yet?
Don't worry we have time people are probably hoping to get some info this way.

So many extra words to explain your RNG vote. Noted. Also, this isn't a cosplay game so I'm going to go out on a limb and assume no one is Adachi.

i know it's not a costume game, that was in the sign up. I do think that the tarot cards are likely fair game. which is why I mentioned joker, a variant of the jester tarot (adachi's from golden) and a villain in P2. It kept with the overall statement.

Explanations are fun, it's day 1.

franconp

Probably a stupid question, but why all the lynch votes already? Isn't that more likely to kill a townie since there are more of us and we don't really know anything about anyone yet?

To get reads on people early on? It's a way to get the game rolling and get more players to participate and give their opinions.

Verelios

As much as I'd like to go after Melon (no save doc!) her pre-game post could have meant anything from dry amusement to diabolical planning and I'd rather not hover over that.

Sorian

Banned

Oh right, I knew I forgot something in my opening post (so rusty!). So I keep a vote on 24/7, at least on the first couple days where hitting majority is extremely unlikely. Ignoring all power roles, the one thing everyone is able to do is vote and wasting it/holding onto it all day is the worst. Votes provide a clear cut log of what you are thinking at any given time and is valuable for analysis later once some people are dead and you know 100% what their alignment was. Making everyone have votes out constantly also forces scum to have to act like town more which leads to more mistakes from them in the long run since acting town can be hard for a lot of people. So yes, by pure odds, the chance of killing town on day 1 is higher but as people talk and interact and vote, it's no longer a pure chance game and a semi-informed vote can be made near the end of the day. These votes at the very start mean very little in the moment and will likely never stick (if they did, make sure to hound the person holding an early vote unless they've given quite good reasoning for holding it there) and with 20 players, 11 would have to all vote together to finish the day early which just isn't going to happen on day 1, at least not until the last hours of the day.

Sorian

Banned
As much as I'd like to go after Melon (no save doc!) her pre-game post could have meant anything from dry amusement to diabolical planning and I'd rather not hover over that.

You should study up the player list one more time and check who you are talking about.

Verelios

Town is very, very reactionary. Expect sudden landslides 1 hour from day ends, complete reversals and votes against our own interest. Basically, everything other than unanimous is up in the air.

Style

Banned
So about an hour in and no one has said anything that skewed you one way or the other that you felt an RNG vote was your best bet?

We have no starting point at the moment other than a weird pre-game comment. Might as well fire the RNG cannon.

franconp

Oh wow, you're absolutely right. I was going into the mafia thread a lot and just got confused. Well then...embarrassing.

Vere did you killed Ouro? I know you had reasons: you didn't liked him, tried the same thing in the past and revenge.

Do you have an alibi?

Sorian

Banned
We have no starting point at the moment other than a weird pre-game comment. Might as well fire the RNG cannon.

I'd agree except Vanguard started the same post where he RNG voted by saying he thinks Star's pre-game post is a waste of time. I'd think he'd try to engage the people who thought it was a worthwhile line of reasoning. So:

Pretty much.

seems a lot more detached than I was expecting.

Verelios

Vere did you killed Ouro? I know you had reasons: you didn't liked him, tried the same thing in the past and revenge.

Do you have an alibi?
If I did it, everyone would know as there'd be a 30 meter firework going off with Stupei yelling YEAAAAAAAHHHHH

Banned
I don't believe that reading into StarSketch's role pm post will get any new information. So I'm just going to ignore it for now.

I'll vote for someone when we have a little bit more to go on. I'm in favour for a Day One Lynch, but I'm not going to RNG vote for someone.

I'd believe it.

That said, the faux outrage from your vote on me doesn't exactly inspire confidence so I'm not going to feel too bad if I leave my vote on you when I go to work tonight.

Your suspicion continues to arose suspicion from me, so I'm not going to feel bad leaving my vote on you.

Natiko

Banned
From what I can tell two players have not checked into this thread at all, either prior to the game start or afterwards (BlackBuzzard and Kerned). Of those two, Kerned is the same time zone as me whereas for BlackBuzzard it's at least later in the night so his absence is a little less noteworthy.

For now I'll place my vote on Kerned. Better than an RNG vote and may encourage him to post a little.

Code:
VOTE: Kerned

Natiko

Banned
From what I can tell two players have not checked into this thread at all, either prior to the game start or afterwards (BlackBuzzard and Kerned). Of those two, Kerned is the same time zone as me whereas for BlackBuzzard it's at least later in the night so his absence is a little less noteworthy.

For now I'll place my vote on Kerned. Better than an RNG vote and may encourage him to post a little.

Code:

Whoops, did that wrong. Lets try again!

Sorian

Banned

Code:

You'll want to do tags instead of
Code:
 tags. Vote again so that the automated tracker picks it up.

franconp

Code:

You don't vote with code. You vote with highlight command.

Natiko

Banned
You'll want to do tags instead of
Code:
 tags. Vote again so that the automated tracker picks it up.[/QUOTE]

[quote="franconp, post: 224464947"]You don't vote with code.  You vote with highlight command.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for correcting my slip up. Noticed as soon as I came out that it wasn't the right tag.

Don't worry we have time people are probably hoping to get some info this way.

To get reads on people early on? It's a way to get the game rolling and get more players to participate and give their opinions.

Town is very, very reactionary. Expect sudden landslides 1 hour from day ends, complete reversals and votes against our own interest. Basically, everything other than unanimous is up in the air.

Oh right, I knew I forgot something in my opening post (so rusty!). So I keep a vote on 24/7, at least on the first couple days where hitting majority is extremely unlikely. Ignoring all power roles, the one thing everyone is able to do is vote and wasting it/holding onto it all day is the worst. Votes provide a clear cut log of what you are thinking at any given time and is valuable for analysis later once some people are dead and you know 100% what their alignment was. Making everyone have votes out constantly also forces scum to have to act like town more which leads to more mistakes from them in the long run since acting town can be hard for a lot of people. So yes, by pure odds, the chance of killing town on day 1 is higher but as people talk and interact and vote, it's no longer a pure chance game and a semi-informed vote can be made near the end of the day. These votes at the very start mean very little in the moment and will likely never stick (if they did, make sure to hound the person holding an early vote unless they've given quite good reasoning for holding it there) and with 20 players, 11 would have to all vote together to finish the day early which just isn't going to happen on day 1, at least not until the last hours of the day.

Good points all. I guess I'll join the lynch mob before nightfall. Just not yet.

FluxWaveZ

Good points all. I guess I'll join the lynch mob before nightfall. Just not yet.

Careful with the editing.

Also, I'm not real great on anyone who suggests that they'll mindlessly join the will of the majority, especially with the specification that they'll do it RIGHT before the voting period ends.

Sorian

Banned

It takes getting used to but no editing posts, let your typos reign supreme. (Editing posts would allow people to "rewrite" history which is an issue in a game so dependent on what people said).

Sorian

Banned
Careful with the editing.

Also, I'm not real great on anyone who suggests that they'll mindlessly join the will of the majority, especially with the specification that they'll do it RIGHT before the voting period ends.

Huh, I read that as they'd vote before real life night not game night, guess either could be the case.

Sorian

Banned
Leaving to work in like an hour and maybe I'll be able to catch up tonight, maybe not but for now I'll do this:

VOTE: II-Vanguard-II

Going to give exmachina the benefit of the doubt on trying to yank my chain purposely and with the lack of info, the only three I'd really vote on now are Vanguard for his inconsistent RNG vote (still think his vote more than Zipped's, for example, makes less sense since he did seem to have some starting reads, Zipped, not really for his RNG vote but more because he felt the need to over explain it which read as off to me, and Style as just a mini connector to Vanguard on agreeing why he RNG'd. At this point, I think thoughts on Star don't mean much either way.

Sorry for the earlier edit guys and gals. I'm still getting used to the rules and all.

But I'm new! I don't have a mind of my own yet! :p

RNG:
Vote: franconp

FluxWaveZ

Remembering my time as a newbie to Gafia, I'm personally not going to take that as any excuse. Sudden bandwagons near the end of the day can easily be influenced by scum behind the scenes, and you just going with the flow like that could play right into their hands.

Supposedly, you're working with the same info most of us are.

franconp

Sorry for the earlier edit guys and gals. I'm still getting used to the rules and all.

RNG:

So you voted by RNG one of the top posters on the game? Generally by RNG you try to make some people more participative but I don't think that's my case. If you suspect me just say so but RNG is bullshit on me. You are new and I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Sorian

Banned

RNG:

I'd be highly surprised if a new scum just did the exact thing that I reprimanded and voted on in the post right above them, so that's a partial town read.

Sorian

Banned
So you voted by RNG one of the top posters on the game? Generally by RNG you try to make some people more participative but I don't think that's my case. If you suspect me just say so but RNG is bullshit on me. You are new and I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Also this is an overreaction, RNG is a random pick from everyone. It doesn't preclude top posters in any way. Early pressure voting is usually done to get the inactive chatting but that's not why they said they laid their vote. I don't like the motivation of their vote but I like your response even less.

Leaving to work in like an hour and maybe I'll be able to catch up tonight, maybe not but for now I'll do this:

VOTE: II-Vanguard-II

Going to give exmachina the benefit of the doubt on trying to yank my chain purposely and with the lack of info, the only three I'd really vote on now are Vanguard for his inconsistent RNG vote (still think his vote more than Zipped's, for example, makes less sense since he did seem to have some starting reads, Zipped, not really for his RNG vote but more because he felt the need to over explain it which read as off to me, and Style as just a mini connector to Vanguard on agreeing why he RNG'd. At this point, I think thoughts on Star don't mean much either way.

You're cool in my book, Sorian. Noodles are on me.

UNVOTE: Sorian

Sorian

Banned
Hello, checking in!

Sorry, new at this and still a little unclear on how this is actually supposed to get underway.

(I probably triple posted, I'm on mobile, sorry)

Just give reactions and thoughts to things. Your goal is to find the evil group (or pretend to find the evil group if you are one of them). There's close to two pages and a few things have come up, go back, read, then talk about what jumped out at you if anything.

Top Bottom