• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Mafia |OT| Memento Mori

Style

Banned
@Hyperactivity

Got a reply. All night actions are locked an hour before the night phase ends. If I don't call my PR before the lock it is ignored. I have a small window to pick someone. There's no RNG, if I don't act it's called off. Guess I can't just blur out on a Friday evening like I planned. >_>

In worst case scenarios, I was pointed to rule 17 in post #2

Sorry it’s taken so long to get this up. I wanted to go through everybody’s posts again, and I’ve been soft resetting for a female Popplio with my other hand (multitasking sucks). I’m tired and my eyes kind of hurt, so I’m sorry if it’s not too good.

Read List

11037: Null, leaning town. He’s been a fairly consistent presence throughout the game thus far. Doesn’t post too frequently and his posts aren’t groundbreaking or anything but they feel just fine to me. I get the feeling that with more information as the game goes on, he’d be an asset to town (unless he’s scum in which case rip).

BlackBuzzard: Null, leaning scum. As somebody else said earlier, his scum reads list was about as safe as you could make it. The reasoning behind his initial vote against Vanguard also felt fairly safe. Safe isn’t necessarily a scumtell, of course: I think the reasoning behind his decision makes sense… but it isn’t hard for scum to try to coast by doing things that make sense- especially when town members make it easy for them. One thing I noted is his discussion with Flux about sacrificing a player. He’s new so it’s totally understandable that he’d have questions, and he did seem to accept Flux’s explanation, but I the possibility he was testing the waters to see if he could take that angle to make Flux look scummy crossed my mind.

II-Vanguard-II: Null, leaning scum. He’s gone totally MIA, and he didn’t really contribute too much before he left. Makes me think of a scum player backing away after thinking that they might be in over their heads, so as not to implicate themselves. If Style were to flip scum, it would be worth considering the possibility Sorian proposed, where Vanguard’s vote became “stuck” on Style, who has continued to make himself look suspicious, giving little plausible reason for Vanguard to lift his vote. Could work vice versa too, I suppose (with a scum Vanguard flip).

exmachina64: Slightly leaning town. He seems to have gotten a bit more aggressive as the game has gone on. OMGUS weirdness aside (upon reflection, I’m willing to accept it was a joke), I’ve got a mostly gut feeling he’s town.

Flatearthpandas: Null, leaning town. Refer to my post #322 for my thoughts on him up to that point. After that thought? I can’t really claim that he’s flying under the radar nearly as much anymore. Not sure if it’s because people started to wonder about him or because he simply found more time/leads that caught his attention, but his activity has picked up, and without much in the way of filler posts. I think his Exodu5 vote had decent reasoning.

FluxWaveZ: Null. He feels like a pretty fierce poster, and certainly not one who’s wanting for posts- a quality I’ve seen in both scum and town players. His responses to things are generally well reasoned, and he seems pretty good at prodding for information. It was kind of weird when he asked PK to vote for Style, and revoted for him when he elected not to?

franconp: Leaning town. I don’t agree with all of his arguments, but he feels like a townie trying to put in some effort at least. He’s active and seems unafraid to present different angles. One of my higher town reads atm.

WhereAreMahDragonz: Null. She’s mostly commenting on other people’s posts, my opinion might improve with more proactivity on her part. Not too much to go on, otherwise.

Natiko: Null, leaning town. Feels fine so far? He’s new and seems to be putting in a solid effort. Nothing scummy stands out from the posts he’s made, and the post where he misunderstood when scum team could communicate does raise the odds that he’s not on that team.

PK Gaming: Null, leaning town. Sorian said something like PK is so newbie town it hurts. I pretty much agree with that assessment. He hasn’t given too much to work with, but I can’t say I’m feeling he’s very scummy right now.

Plop: Leaning town. Activity levels are pretty solid, especially for a new player. He seemed a bit hesitant at first, but I think he’s getting more used to things. His posts feel like he’s trying to help, doesn't seem to be afraid of adding things to the discussion. I feel pretty good about him being town atm.

Hyperactivity: Null. You’re living up to your name, lol. Posted quite a lot since you’ve joined, yet, maybe because I’m really tired atm, but I can’t really get a grasp about how I feel about you one way or the other. You seem to be putting a lot of thought into most posts though so that’s something.

Ty4on: Null, leaning town. You’ve been very proactive since joining, and I’m feeling pretty solid about a lot of it. I know you can play a mean scum game, but I do think the odds of you being town are higher than scum, because the amount of your posts, and the pace of them, would leave a scum player a lot of chances to slip up. I didn’t notice anything fishy, so I feel okay about you for now.

Sorian: Leaning town. He’s somebody a townie usually wants to trust, because his presence is very easily felt, and his points are typically well reasoned. For the time being, I don’t think my mind will change on Sorian feeling like town, until we start getting information and results throughout the game. At that point, if he’s still alive, we can start trying to piece together potential narratives for how his actions might make sense from a scum perspective.

StarSketch: Null. She’s playing like she usually does in the games I’ve been in, where she’s been town, but her posting more infrequent than usual. As a result, I don’t think I can put her as leaning town in any way. Not much to call her out on for being scummy either, although (and I know I’ve mentioned this experience a few times already) I’m reminded of when I was a scum. I’m never an active poster, but I think it was even more profound when I was scum. I often wasn’t confident enough to post much, maybe that’s the case here?

Style: Leaning scum. Weird behavior thus far, to the point where you have to wonder if he’s just a really unlucky town, with the entire scum team cackling from the sidelines. The PR claim makes me hesitant to vote him off though. I think he’s been scummy, but there are other targets I’d be okay with today, so I am down to give him a chance to prove his alignment.

TheExodu5: Null, leaning scum. FEP with his vote post and Sorian in his read list brought up some interesting points. Honestly despite your decent post count you haven’t left much of an impression on me this game, which is weird. This is a small thing, but you speculated Ty4on might be an ordinary townie because it would make sense for Rynam to quit as a result of dissatisfaction with his role. I’m kind of uptight about this sort of thing, but I don’t like giving scum any hints as to what roles people have, if avoidable. Also possible is that you and Ty are both scum, you were initially keeping some pressure on Rynam to create distance (and you knew your argument wasn’t likely to get much traction), and you took his unexpected replacement as a chance to back off.

Verelios : Leaning town. His posts seem good to me, and his activity levels are high enough that I already had a pretty good idea of how I’d read him before I went through his posts. Could be relying a bit too much on my gut, but I’m feeling okay about him for now.

Zippedpinhead: Null. The nullest of the reads. I honestly need more before I can form an opinion. I hope you’ll be able to get on again before day end, and that you’ll be more active in future days if still alive.

VOTE: II-Vanguard-II

Giving Style a stay of execution for now, don't want to risk the role. Voting Vanguard for now, but would be happy to vote for anybody I have leaning scum (outside of Style for now). Picked Vanguard because I feel a bit better about Buzz and Exodu5 than him.

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

PK Gaming (4)
FluxWaveZ .348 .463
TheExodu5 .371 .395
exmachina64 .398
plop .439
FluxWaveZ .492 .644
Ty4on .532
FluxWaveZ .644 .727
Natiko .789

Style (4)
II-Vanguard-II .113
Matt Attack .182 .802
11037 .200 .767
FluxWaveZ .206 .348
PK Gaming .353 .444
FluxWaveZ .463 .492
flatearthpandas .485 .720
TheExodu5 .527
BlackBuzzard .535
FluxWaveZ .727

II-Vanguard-II (2)
Sorian .140
Style .157 .391
BlackBuzzard .366 .535
Matt Attack .802

StarSketch (1)
Verelios .207

exmachina64 (1)
Sorian .75 .140
Hyperactivity .722

TheExodu5 (1)
flatearthpandas .720

FluxWaveZ (0)
PK Gaming .444 .618

BlackBuzzard (0)
TheExodu5 .260 .371
exmachina64 .331 .398

Rynam (0)
TheExodu5 .241 .260
TheExodu5 .395 .518

Hyperactivity (0)
Hyperactivity .699 .722

Sorian (0)
exmachina64 .91 .148
Hyperactivity .684 .699

franconp (0)
plop .142 .439
flatearthpandas .187 .485

Kerned (0)
Zippedpinhead .88 .524
Natiko .126 .373

No active vote for Day 1:
11037 (has previously voted)
franconp
PK Gaming (has previously voted)
StarSketch
Style (has previously voted)
WhereAreMahDragonz
Zippedpinhead (has previously voted)

Day 1 ends:
blu_1479502800.png

Automated vote tally here

11 votes for majority

Style

Banned
Regarding my own vote (since I'm looking at the results above):

I'm not 100 % in on a PK lynch yet. It'll probably go to Vanguard, Matt Attack or Verelios.

franconp

I'm here. Let's review the night:

My partners are Style, fran, and Vanguard. Protected one, trying to bus the other, and fran and I took co-leadership of town.

This town is to small for a co-leadership. I would submit the leadership of town to a vote, but most of you are americans so I can't trust you with that.

I really didn't want to do this, but I'm still the vote lead and I won't have much time tomorrow to participate in the final deadline hours. My hand has been twisted enough, sorry for doing revealing it this early, I caved in. I've done some really bad play and underestimated the game.

I'm a power role. My Persona of the Sun Arcana has the power to both nullify a kill at night and to kill someone at night. Both a one time use. Now that the cat is out of the bag it's useless because I have to use it on myself this night anyway, but it'll be useless anyway if I don't even survive the day.

I will take that this post to analyze the roleclaim. First, we said plenty of time "please don't roleclaim", but it always fails. Second, the role seems to OP. Third, I will pass on lynching you this phase (wasn't going to anyway). I'm not too sure about how he can prove his role thing as if he is scum he could confuse us, but if he is either town or scum most likely we will avoid a NK this phase. If there is a NK and Style says that he was presented 2 options and save one we should lynch him. If he is saying the truth we would have a most likely town (the one he saved). So I'm willing to give him another phase.

Franconp: Knowledgable. At 501 admits to WhereAreMahDragons (who says he's being more hectic than before) that he's acting differently than he has in past games when he was a townie. Insists it's because he doesn't want to appear crazy right away with wild conspiracy theories. Ty4on says (508) he's playing exactly as he remembers him in other games. Contradiction? Fran says he's acting differently, then Ty4on says Fran is acting the same to protect him? 4

I think you are mistaken. At 501 I called her out by saying I was acting different and listed a several feud that I had in Overwatch by being aggresive. That's what Ty says to. The part that I'm saying I'm acting different his with my crazy conspiracy theories (see my discussion with Sorian). That part I'm keeping for myself for now. But WAMD didn't refer to that.

1)
2) BlackBuzzard - slight-medium town read, seems genuine, trying to contribute

I just don't understand. How Buzzard is trying to contribute? He is the classic definition of a coasting player. Nothing but fluff and really non commital posts.

It's a night command I have to PM. Only specified if there's two targets on a night.

Read the above, I don't get to see who the target is unless there's two. Calling out your role makes you an easy target so if I make it through this I have to use the potion no matter what.

If there is only one NK your power won't work? Or you just don't know who was targeted?

Yeah, someone else mentioned that too (Sorian, I think). I need to get it out of my head that things are binary and instead realize that it's situational and varies depending on game type, player, posts, etc.

I hate to keep beating the "I'm new!" drum, but I hope to god I get better at this. I'm an inherently trusting person, so looking for scum tells and doubting everyone is foreign to me. I'm currently watching a video on how to play to maybe learn some tips (though it's a live action game I'm watching...couldn't find any on forum games).

Also, welcome!

Don't beat yourself. You are doing fine.

franconp

VOTE: BlackBuzzard

I had already said why I did this vote. Buzzard is the most coasting player in the game. There isn't anything remotely important in his posts. It's like he was trying to make a presence in the game to not look inactive in the game but trying to not say anything that would make another player remember him. Even when pressured about his scum list it was like that, all the names that were already there, really non commital. And he didn't answered to give his reads.

And if Buzzard flips scum I would go after Hyper. His reads on Buzzard seems really weird to me.

franconp

It seems I'm the only one here now. So:

7) franconp - started off as a major scum read, has lessened over time. Minor scum read. Mix of making easy sorts of posts to participate and doing the same sort of "contribute, but really I'm going to call you out anyways" : brings up hypotheticals, then is aggressive on more uncertain posters in a way similar to how I described flux, calls out plop for having "detailed post" as newbie (but was passive aggressive, doesn't actually do shit), saying "don't discuss roles", I don't want voting shenanigans.

I don't know what are you trying to do here, but I praised his post. I even clarify that so there wasn't any doubts (post 324). I don't know how that can be seen as passive aggressive.

I really want to lynch you, but maybe we should go for your partner Buzzard first.

2 more things before leaving for work: 1) Style if you not lying and you have to option between saving yourself and another player, save the other player. We would most likely lynch you if you are alive and there is a NK.

2) Anyone who doesn't vote or vote not lynch (that doesn't seem like happening luckily) gets a VIP pass to my scum list. Just vote, and don't wait to the last minute, let's avoid crazy things.

Off to work. I'm not going to be at days end because it catches me in my commute. Will try to check on things during the day but I don't know if I can.

Hoping to see star's list before shit gets cray at end of day. As per usual, it's early morning for me so I'll try and pop in at least an hour before day end. Looks like a mellow Friday so maybe earlier. Be about for a bit still.

1) Style if you not lying and you have to option between saving yourself and another player, save the other player. We would most likely lynch you if you are alive and there is a NK.
Eh, disagree with this. As town, protecting townies is important. Unless you think your lynch is going to lead to important revelations for town, protect yourself if you're town. Unless you're sure the other candidate is town and more useful than you, don't go quietly into the night. The game is a war of attrition among other things. Every town lost is a vote toward majority lost.

franconp

Eh, disagree with this. As town, protecting townies is important. Unless you think your lynch is going to lead to important revelations for town, protect yourself if you're town. Unless you're sure the other candidate is town and more useful than you, don't go quietly into the night. The game is a war of attrition among other things. Every town lost is a vote toward majority lost.

The thing is that his lynch could lead to relevations. The way I see this:

No kill: style used his role, I'm ok with it.
Style kill: if he flips true we can asume that scum has some kind of double kill.
Townie kill: that could mean that style is lying si we should lynch him.
Townie kill option 2: style is alive but says he had to choose between 2 targets so we should lynch him to have a semi confirmed townie.

Ty4on

Caching up

It's making me feel better. Aside from your posting when you first came in last night, I also agree that you're fine so I agree with the groupthink at this stage anyway.
Huh, OK. I thought it'd be the opposite since you seemed slightly suspicious of me.
Anyway, my top choice for today is Buzzard. I don't really understand nor like his logic; it feels very forced and his lack of any solid scum reads is a huge red flag. PK and Style give me town vibes, with how aggressive they have been. I doubt scum would be that emboldened at game start. Fran also applies here.
I don't think Dragonz is scum with PK or Style. Both of them have some votes and it'd be very weird IMO to make a read like that of your scummate who's possibly going to be lynched.

Hyper's post seems good.

Ty4on

UNVOTE

Exodus posting a fair amount of fluff "we should do X" "we'll probably hit town". Nothing wrong with it in a vacuum, but I post a lot of that as scum because it's easy and makes me feel like contributing town. Not sure enough to vote tho...

Ty4on

I kinda town read Exodus for scum reading Rynam while spectating, but knowing that he was town it feels kinda like reaching for a simple scum read.

Yeah, someone else mentioned that too (Sorian, I think). I need to get it out of my head that things are binary and instead realize that it's situational and varies depending on game type, player, posts, etc.

I hate to keep beating the "I'm new!" drum, but I hope to god I get better at this. I'm an inherently trusting person, so looking for scum tells and doubting everyone is foreign to me. I'm currently watching a video on how to play to maybe learn some tips (though it's a live action game I'm watching...couldn't find any on forum games).

Also, welcome!

Town wants to find scum - Scum tries to pretend
Town kinda wanna stay alive - Scum really wanna stay alive
Town doesn't really care about image - Scum is all about looking good
Town are worried who is scum - Scum know who scum is

Extrapolate

Scum knowing who's on their team is a big one to me. They're scared of a scum lynch, but grinning and coasting when townies are close to being lynched.

Ty4on

I haven't really gone back and looked, but something is just bothering about the way people voted for Style. It just... happened. Not sure what to make of it, scum finding a scapegoat or trying to casually bus.

Probably just me town reading him and not understanding why people voted for him.

TheExodu5

Banned
UNVOTE

Exodus posting a fair amount of fluff "we should do X" "we'll probably hit town". Nothing wrong with it in a vacuum, but I post a lot of that as scum because it's easy and makes me feel like contributing town. Not sure enough to vote tho...

I was simply frustrated with the fact that the thread wasn't moving and we were letting non contributors slide. They've pretty much all been replaced by now. We really didn't get anywhere until we actually started getting some reads yesterday.

As for Rynam, I had probable cause for suspecting him. You can check our Avalon game together....he was read very easily and I figured silence was his way to avoid that. But now I just feel like I bullied him out of the game. :(

vote: natiko

Something about your reads rub me the wrong way.

In regards to other active vote wagons, I don't like the PK votes or the style votes. I'm pretty sure (like 100% sure) that all voting prior to the last hour of today won't matter for who we Lynch.

In the end we will have a bandwagon where 1 scum is there and most of us are town on the wagon.
Back to the natiko reads, not for his read on me. I have been light on activity, I know it. I own it, most of my posts will come in the morning CST. But really he has been light on activity as well, but then holds inactivity against all of us in his reads. It rubbed me the wrong way by making it seem like he has been watching us and posting about us BUT we can't see it...

Sorry everybody i know it's not a justified excuse but i've been sick for the last couple of days(haven't lost interest despite some people claim).
My vote is still on style i started as RNG the he started acting scummy so i stayed on him and i'm callin BS on that role claim you still had time and PK was close in votes plus now if you don't get lynched today you're just getting NK'd(that is if you're telling the truth).
Also Sorian your main point against me is that i RNG'd after i could have pushed against others on my first post honestly that didn't occur to me at the time.

Ty4on

Sorry everybody i know it's not a justified excuse but i've been sick for the last couple of days(haven't lost interest despite some people claim).
My vote is still on style i started as RNG the he started acting scummy so i stayed on him and i'm callin BS on that role claim you still had time and PK was close in votes plus now if you don't get lynched today you're just getting NK'd(that is if you're telling the truth).
Also Sorian your main point against me is that i RNG'd after i could have pushed against others on my first post honestly that didn't occur to me at the time.

I seriously doubt Style is lynched today. Who's your second choice if you had to move your vote?

TheExodu5

Banned
I'm not feeling the Vanguard lynch. Just seems like more non committal than scum.

I agree with franco's assessment of Buzz...but fluffy posts are also indicative of newbie town play, so I'm not ready to go on him yet. I want to see him provide some original reads and input.

I called him out on it earlier, and I should have stuck with my gut in the first place. Exmachina had had a few strikes: he panicked and flip flopped early game when he had a bit of pressure on him. Almost immediately afterwards, he soft claimed regular townie to regain trust. I don't know why I let this slide. I don't know why most others didn't seem to pick up on it, as FEP pointed out. I think we hit exmachina, he flips scum, and then we take a hard look at those who let his play slide.

Vote: exmachina64

Ty4on

I probably won't be able to keep up let alone post and vote today at work :/

VOTE: TheExodu5

I could see him as scum and his flip would give me a better view of a lot of people like Sorian, PK, exmachina and Style. Don't think he's W/W with Sorian.

franconp

i get a slightly scummy read from him and since i don't have good reads on others he's second on my list that doesn't mean i'm 100% scum reading him it's just i don't have good reads on others yet.

How do you get a slightly scum read? Come on, share at least a little with us!!! You are trying too hard to say nothing. It's a mayor scumtell for me.

Natiko

Banned
vote: natiko

Something about your reads rub me the wrong way.

In regards to other active vote wagons, I don't like the PK votes or the style votes. I'm pretty sure (like 100% sure) that all voting prior to the last hour of today won't matter for who we Lynch.

In the end we will have a bandwagon where 1 scum is there and most of us are town on the wagon.
Back to the natiko reads, not for his read on me. I have been light on activity, I know it. I own it, most of my posts will come in the morning CST. But really he has been light on activity as well, but then holds inactivity against all of us in his reads. It rubbed me the wrong way by making it seem like he has been watching us and posting about us BUT we can't see it...
I may not post as much as the top posters, but I've been fairly active. I had the gap in posting yesterday because I legitimately had stuff come up and couldn't keep up with the influx of new posts. If my level of activity is poor then yours is abysmal.

If you look I clarified that my scum leans on the low activity posters weren't purely due to inactivity. If so, more people would have been marked as scum. It was due to the content of the few posts they did have. Primarily you having posted no real opinions, WAMD taking over for an inactive player posting no opinions and then doing the same, and BlackBuzzard using his few posts early on to defend Flux only and then post reads on the obvious targets at the time.

This doesn't really change my opinion of you either way. I'll be curious to see what else you add going forward and if your future votes reveal anything further.

Sorian

Banned
Huh, OK. I thought it'd be the opposite since you seemed slightly suspicious of me.

What you seem to be missing is that you aren't really on my plate today. Joining late plus me always finding you suspicious even when you are town (remember how much I stayed worried in NV?), you were never going to be my push today. Everyone else seeming to read you fine gives me no rush to try to guess a read on you without a voting record.

Verelios

Alright, just in case I die tonight I'm getting a weird feeling from Hyperactivity, like most of his posts are manufactured, so keep that in mind.

On the conditional SK is scum I'd be looking at two people:
WAMD- Trying to prove activity
PK- Stan
The opposite isn't necessarily true. As for others, I'll be here until day end.

Sorian

Banned
Style should not still have 3 votes tied for the lead. Fix that.

At this stage, it's really anyone's vote considering the lead is only 3. Of those with votes, the choices are exmachina, vanguard, PK, and exodus with a few others in there with just one vote. I vote vanguard = exodus > exmachina > PK there every time. I still think Vanguard is the play that needs to be done but the recent influx of his posts is already giving me the bad news I'm semi-expecting now. Thinking more on it. The only real cooling factor is he showed up and started posting while he wasn't really in complete danger yet. Matt did just vote him early this morning but he had been sitting at two votes for awhile so the only real change is the vote leader lost some votes. Not sure yet.

exmachina64 – Put a vote on BlackBuzzard but when next asked who he suspected named mainly Style and PK Gaming which seemed odd to me. Soft claimed no power role. I’m leaning town but there have been a few suspect moments jumping around in opinions so it’s a very light town read.
Suspected – BlackBuzzard; PK Gaming; Style; II-Vanguard-II; StarSketch

I'm giving Style the benefit of the doubt for now with his power role claim and PK Gaming hasn't been around enough for me to strongly suspect him currently. Vanguard, Hyperactive and Exodu5 are my current suspects. In particular, I think Hyperactive and Exodu5 are working together.

Sorian

Banned
Alright, just in case I die tonight I'm getting a weird feeling from Hyperactivity, like most of his posts are manufactured, so keep that in mind.

On the conditional SK is scum I'd be looking at two people:
WAMD- Trying to prove activity
PK- Stan
The opposite isn't necessarily true. As for others, I'll be here until day end.

Having now played a game with Hyper on the same account, I feel qualified to say that his posts are manufactured. He writes tons for usually no reason. If you feel like its all misguided and typed out for no reason, he's probably town, if you feel like he has an agenda, probably scum. It's that easy.

Sorian

Banned
i don't buy his PR claim, why would he out himself like that it's not like he was closing to majority.
also IF He's telling the truth he's just getting himself NK'd.

And I'm sure scum would love to just get him lynched so they don't have to waste the NK and can use it for something else instead. I don't care if you buy his PR claim or not, good strategy literally dictates that he doesn't get lynched today.

And I'm sure scum would love to just get him lynched so they don't have to waste the NK and can use it for something else instead. I don't care if you buy his PR claim or not, good strategy literally dictates that he doesn't get lynched today.

Goddamit, i hate to say this but you're right.
UNVOTE
i'm still keeping on eye on him though.

Verelios

i don't buy his PR claim, why would he out himself like that it's not like he was closing to majority.
also IF He's telling the truth he's just getting himself NK'd.
Regardless, no one else is going to stand by his lynch unless they want to get lynched next day, making a vote on him pointless.

PK Gaming

Gonna post a read's list soon

Pokemon Sun & Moon is out and I pulled an all nighter finishing one of my assignments. I literally cannot go through this entire thread at this point

Sorian

Banned
Gonna post a read's list soon

Pokemon Sun & Moon is out and I pulled an all nighter finishing one of my assignments. I literally cannot go through this entire thread at this point

My copy doesn't come in until tomorrow, Zzzzzz

Back on topic, surprised that Vanguard backed down on that post so easily. I can honestly admit that it was a damned if he does, damned if he doesn't deal at that point though because the stance was scummy from the start. This was probably the lesser of two evils though so I guess the notch moved ever so slightly towards the town side of the scale.

Natiko

Banned
I'm giving Style the benefit of the doubt for now with his power role claim and PK Gaming hasn't been around enough for me to strongly suspect him currently. Vanguard, Hyperactive and Exodu5 are my current suspects. In particular, I think Hyperactive and Exodu5 are working together.
Apologies if I didn't quite capture your thoughts well then. It was late and I knew I needed to hurry, but I didn't want to base them purely off votes since people started posting more reads and Town/Scum lists.

I really need to go trough Hyper's posts when I'm home next. He makes a lot of jokes about not being town, which somewhat makes me question if he is scum or neutral and trying to throw us off by calling himself out. Like "oh scum wouldn't say they're scum so he's fine". Not really sure though because he has shared a lot of opinions in a short time and tried to talk through things with everyone.

II-Vanguard-II just seems too easy. I feel like if he was scum he would have done more at this point to try and push suspicion off of him. I could be off base here though.

Fake edit - His regent posts and continuing to push Style then backing off when he got heat for it is pretty suspect though. Could be a scum hoping to keep the pressure on style and save themselves the trouble of dealing with Style's powers. Especially since he backed off once he caught flak for it, as if he doesn't want too much attention. Hmm.

TheExodu5 I'm still not convinced on. It could really go either way. I don't agree with his reads too much, especially on exmachina64 being our best lynch currently. But at the same time I don't think he's bandwagoning it and might even be the one pushing most for it which could be read as too bold for scum. Hard to say.

I apologize for the inactivity. The work week has been very hectic.

Vote: BlackBuzzard

I have been up all night and am very tired; I will probably sleep soon so I won't be up for day end. But my vote for him is due to the reasons I mentioned earlier. Obviously I don't think style is a good lynch considering the claim, and PK strikes me as town. Buzzard is the vote I feel most confident in.

TheExodu5

Banned
Let's take a look, shall we?

Me?! Well, right back at you, Suspicious!

VOTE: Sorian

Your suspicion continues to arose suspicion from me, so I'm not going to feel bad leaving my vote on you.

You're cool in my book, Sorian. Noodles are on me.

UNVOTE: Sorian

I didn't actually suspect Sorian.

OMGUS. But I didn't think much of it. Just thought he was having fun. But the way he back peddled makes him seem like he tried to make it look that way.

It's like the core of any online Mafia game, at least on GAF.

Either you don't know that's how the game's played or you're attempting to deflect suspicion.

Implies he's familiar with how MAFIA works.

You guys make good points. StarSketch and Style both seem suspicious, but I'm tentatively leaning toward Style at this point.

Jumps on the targets du jour. Safe play, no original thought.

It was an OMGUS vote, but I can see why you'd need to deflect suspicion from yourself.

Jumps on Sorian's vote target, Vanguard. What better way to gain trust from the most trusted townie leader?

Can some clarify if there are power roles?

This is the longest I've lasted in a game of Mafia.

Even though he implied he was familiar with MAFIA, he soft claims saying "I'm a regular townie. Is everyone regular as well?"

I agree with Exodu5 that having three inactive players is hurting the game. Currently, I don't feel strongly enough toward players like Style or Vanguard to vote for them. For the moment, I'm going to vote for BlackBuzzard. Hopefully, Rynam, BlackBuzzard and Kerned can be more active today.

VOTE: BlackBuzzard

Agrees with me that we should go after inactives. But I was on most people's townie lists at the time. Just seems like he's trying to cozy up again to get on people's town lists. Keeps going after the easy targets.

The two who stand out most to me now are Style and PK Gaming. Style seems pretty frantic at this point, which could just be normal townie behavior if he's worried. Like others have said, PK Gaming jumped in at just the right moment to say he's still around and shift attention to Style.

Again, going after the easy targets that everyone suspects.

I like Sorian so far. When the thread is active, he generates some good reads/conversation. He could be a shadow, but I won't have a better idea until at least Day 3.

Ty4on and I are both part of PoliGAF, so I'm happy to see him here. He jumped into the game quickly and I'll admit I have a bias against seeing him as a shadow. I like how much more activity he's brought to the thread and I consider him to be a Persona user.

I don't have a good read on Plop right now, his posts just don't stand out to me. I wish he was more active and he could be either.

Still copying up to Sorian, and then a whole lot of nothing. Plop had actually posted quite a bit and he could had offered legitimate reads, but he took the easy way out again.

Since then, his posts are still just agreeing with people or going after the suspects du jour. Still no original reads. And now that I'm on people's scum lists, he feels confident enough to put the OMGUS again now that he's under pressure.

Scum through and through.

Top Bottom