• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT11| Amonkhet - Have you ever had decks with a Pharaoh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

Blue can steal artifacts dummies.

Treasure is treasure because of convoke for artifacts, otherwise they would have just used gold.

These are obviously real, but yeah that card might be a missed line errata like Marath. Might be opponent's control.

There's nothing obviously real about them. They're fairly good looking but that's it. The image quality isn't ultra high like with some of the recent HOU leaks.

Santiako

There's nothing obviously real about them. They're fairly good looking but that's it. The image quality isn't ultra high like with some of the recent HOU leaks.

The HOU leaks came from Wotc's website. Here we are talking about a printing press employee sneaking pics.

Zero chance that these are not real. Literally zero. We've known for a day that Ixalan is a pirate/dinosaur set and someone made 50 new pieces of art in a day and templated all new cards? C'mon.

There's a black-green creature with "(Ability keyword) - Whenever ~ is dealt damage, draw a card."

Will Spell Swindle be a Pirate tribal counterspell?

Violet_0

Banned

they are super obviously real cards. Look at Deeproot Champion, Bishop of Rebirth, Hostage Taker - even with the bad cellphone pic you can tell they have high-quality artwork

btw, even more Clerics. There have to be working on a Clerics EDH deck

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Consider how incredibly unlikely it is that someone made an entire sheet of foil pirate themed cards with brand new art, flavor text and templating 24 hours after WOTC announced Ixalan is a pirate-themed set.

They are obviously real.

Death(something) Scavenger ??
Creature - Dino
When ~ ETB or attacks, you may exile a card from a graveyard. If it was a creature, gain 2 life. If noncreature, ~ gets +1/+1 until EOT.
3?/2

Speaking in terms of color pie (and not elemental affinity), Merfolk probably make more sense in green. They're essentially just elves that live underwater. I'm okay with this development

DrArchon

Saw what looks like a UG Merfolk Legend with

"P/T equal to the number of cards in your hand

You have no max hand size

When ______ ETB, draw a card for each creature you control"

Looks like an EDH powerhouse. You know, because UG needed more card advantage commanders.

Ashodin

hahahah what the fuck

SUPER LEAKS LOL

iP42wHz.gif

WoTC rn

Consider how incredibly unlikely it is that someone made an entire sheet of foil pirate themed cards with brand new art, flavor text and templating 24 hours after WOTC announced Ixalan is a pirate-themed set.

They are obviously real.

Like I said, literally the only factor in adjudicating 99% of leaks is looking at the artwork.

They are obviously real.

Compared to "WotC, after Copycat happened, still made and printed a card that goes infinite with itself and forces a draw on an empty board by itself"? I mean, I know they've been messing up lately but this is a bit much given any rules person would see this is obviously a problem.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The only way they're not real is if they're test prints and the set got changed after that. But I don't consider it plausible that they'd go to foil if they were test prints.

Ashodin

Looks like we've got some sort of Orzhov-lite Church on Ixalan.

Reptisaur Alpha 3RG
Creature - Dinosaur

(Other?) Creatures you control have haste
When _____ ETB, -------- something.

4/4

For future reference, it'd be preferred if you guys didn't use this as an excuse to not post the official reveals of these cards in the Ixalan thread.

Violet_0

Banned
Creature - Siren Pirate oO
Creature - Orc Pirate Wizard ???

well, at least they have enough time to prepare an errata for Hostage Taker now

Angry Grimace

Creature - Siren Pirate oO
Creature - Orc Pirate Wizard ???

well, at least they have enough time to prepare an errata for Hostage Taker now

I can't read it that well but the Orc Pirate Wizard is

[CARDNAME]
3BB (Mythic)
Orc Pirate Wizard
Menace, deathtouch
When [CARDNAME] enters the battlefield, each player _______________
4/4

It looks like exiles a land or something

I can't read it that well but the Orc Pirate Wizard is

[CARDNAME]
3BB (Mythic)
Orc Pirate Wizard
Menace, deathtouch
When [CARDNAME] enters the battlefield, each player _______________
4/4

It looks like exiles a land or something

Each player loses a third of his or her life, rounded up.

Ashodin

Creature types:

Race:

Vampire
Orc
Merfolk
Siren
Dryad
Dinosaur

Class:

PIRATE
CLERIC
SHAMAN
WIZARD
KNIGHT

Oh shit how did I not notice the Black Paladin!?

Blacksomething Paladin 3B
Creature - Vampire Knight
Flash
Blacksoul Paladin enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it for each creature that died this turn.
1/1 (4/4?)

When a paladin something the dead

Sweet design.

Angry Grimace

The merfolk is a weird color bend too. It basically has Prowess.

Actually, the Orc Pirate Wizard looks like it has a rare symbol.

Meanwhile, Rowdy Crew can't possibly be a mythic, right?

They can't just print red mythics that blatantly bad?

Angry Grimace

I don't know that they actually have cards printed for fall sets quite this early though. It's possible its a test sheet to see what the foils look like and that its not a final templating for everything.

Ashodin

Looks like each faction is a wedge? Or there's just some.

Sun Empire and Conquistadors looks to be GWB
Pirates are UBR

Maybe just two factions here.

I can't quite see what it says. How bad are we talking about here?

2RR Trample 3/3
When Rowdy Crew enters the battlefield, draw (two?) cards, then discard two cards at random. If two cards that share a type were discarded this way, put two +1/+1 counters on Rowdy Crew.

DrArchon

2RR Trample 3/3
When Rowdy Crew enters the battlefield, draw (two?) cards, then discard two cards at random. If two cards that share a type were discarded this way, put two +1/+1 counters on Rowdy Crew.

Woof. That's a rough one. I was expecting Combat Celebrant levels of "You're never playing this outside of Limited".

Hope it's not a Mythic and that's just the reflection from the foiling.

Angry Grimace

"Legendary Planeswalker - Jace"

Suggests they're folding the Planeswalker rule into the Legendary rule to clean up rules issues.

The problem is that this lets you control multiple versions of Jace. Which maybe they consider okay because of multiple versions of Samut, etc.

Ashodin

Are you sure it says Legendary? It doesn't look exactly right. But it could be. His card has a FUCKTON of text. Each box has at least four lines.

I'm hype for the Sun Empire. Seems like my kind of Abzan.

Angry Grimace

2RR Trample 3/3

It's not two, its something with more letters, seems like three. Maybe four.

Ashodin

speaking of standard, that hidden stockpile spicy anointed procession deck, whew.

holy fuck

Hostage Taker 2UB
Creature - Human Pirate
When ~ enters the battlefield, exile target artifact or creature until ~ leaves the battlefield. You may cast that card for as long as it remains exiles, and you may spend mana as though it were mana of any color to cast that spell.
2/3

this card seems insane.

Angry Grimace

I don't get all the people on twitter who are sad and upset about leaks.

I really don't give a fuck if WOTC's marketing machine works the way WOTC wants it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom