• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat 2 [Mafia] |OT| Electric Boogalove

Got caught up in family matters yesterday and the former part of today.

It's not about counting posts, it's about trying to get a sense of player activity and how it relates to every other piece of the puzzle. It's ONE new thing to look at, I'm not saying the answer is plainly there. It was intended to offer a different perspective.

People shit on me as letting them down for posting nothing and then coming out with that, and I guess it's a little expected, but the backlash has felt a bit harsh. Other people have been far less active, but I guess people just want the standard reads lists and a vote to throw some offense?

You're letting them down because of the preconceived idea they have in their heads regarding how you usually play (more actively). People tend to not change playstyles so when they see a Vet try something new they instantly jump on it being suspicious or a scum tell.

I'm not saying I agree with what you did and how you did it but it's certainly an interesting way to play and analyze D1.

Burbeting

Banned
The Votecount is done by hand, so new votes don't have links. If there are mistakes, please inform me.

DAY 1 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Xbro & Karkador (6)
flatearthpandas 387 619
Ty4on 695 1237
Ourobolus 1021
Fireblend 1206
Sorian 1268 1352
Royal_Flush 1436
Muffin1611
Darryl
Samuraischnecke

Ourobolus & kingkitty (2)
WhereAreMahDragonz 156 954
flatearthpandas 174 176
Sorian 194 444
flatearthpandas 619 654
Muffin1611 718 1252
Dr. Worm 836
Nomadic Sparks 1159
Natiko 1178

Darryl & nin1000 (3)
Fat4all 1264
Sorian 1352
Xbro

Fat4all & Sorian (1)
CrimsonFist 175
Darryl 659

Trigger & Ty4on (1)
CrimsonFist 71 175
kingkitty 653

Orb & TheWorthyEdge (2)
Sorian 688 1268
WhereAreMahDragonz 954
Dr. Worm

TsuXna & Royal_Flush (0)
Natiko 475 1178
Nomadic Sparks 488 1149
Ty4on 1237

Verelios & WhereAreMahDragonz (1)
flatearthpandas 176 387
kitsunelaine 385

Natiko & Nomadic Sparks (1)
franconp

StarSketch & SexyFish (0): flatearthpandas 655 962

CrimsonFist & Sophia (0): Ourobolus 115 1021, WhereAreMahDragonz 132 156, kingkitty 265 653

franconp & Dr. Worm (0): Dr. Worm 136 537, Muffin1611 178 413

TheExodu5 & Fireblend (0): Dr. Worm 94 136, Ty4on 355 448

kitsunelaine & flatearthpandas (1):
Sorian 444 688,
Ty4on 448 695
Ty4on

Muffin1611 & Samuraischnecke (0): Dr. Worm 537 836, Fireblend 1098 1206

No active vote for Day 1: flatearthpandas (has previously voted), Karkador, nin1000, Orb, CzarTim, Sophia, StarSketch, TheExodu5, TheWorthyEdge, Trigger, TsuXna, Verelios, Xbro

Day 1 ends:
bla_1501959600.png

Automated vote tally here

16 votes for majority

Sorian

Banned
Yeah, Darryl gets that offramp onto the easiest vote of the day. Perfect.

Fat4all never did explain why he misread some of those posts btw and now he's gone. I don't think it is that hard to understand why I'm upset or think low of you two, but if me being upset like that really prompts your scumdar then okay go for it

He said plenty of times what his interpretation of events were, we get it, they didn't match up with yours but we think you'd been lying anyway.

Ty4on

Yeah, can't say I'd object to lynching Kitsune, I think they've given one reads post and it was just a null, this despite being fairly present and active. Pandas hasn't done much of note either.

Push this if you feel it's a better route. I barely have time to skim the posts.

I don't like the look of you standing mostly on the sidelines RN

Ty4on

t̰̥̥̗̪̤͠į͎m͉̘̞̼̣̖̜ín̫̫͈͕͙̺g̢͖̞͚̠͖

Darryl

Banned
Yeah, Darryl gets that offramp onto the easiest vote of the day. Perfect.

He said plenty of times what his interpretation of events were, we get it, they didn't match up with yours but we think you'd been lying anyway.

It's just a pressure vote because I'm sitting in the thread watching the events unfold. You've argued with me multiple times now about your pressure votes and how not-scummy it was to pressure vote someone, why can you do it and not me?

Sorian

Banned
It's just a pressure vote because I'm sitting in the thread watching the events unfold. You've argued with me multiple times now about your pressure votes and how not-scummy it was to pressure vote someone, why can you do it and not me?

Multiple days until day end vs. one hour until day end. I feel like the difference speaks for itself. Votes at this point are solidifying into permanence and you are well aware of this.

Darryl

Banned
Multiple days until day end vs. one hour until day end. I feel like the difference speaks for itself. Votes at this point are solidifying into permanence and you are well aware of this.

Yea, now it actually means something and isn't just a fake gesture people throw around at each other to build artificial distance or to feign participation

Ourobolus

Banned
Is Kark really the only viable wagon?

Feels like anywhere else I put my vote is pointless
I'm debating Orb/TWE for coasting

Kark...I'm still half a mind thinking that he knows he normally does these dumb gambits as Town and made up this totally useless one as scum to keep up the pattern. I don't even know anymore.

Sorian

Banned
Yea, now it actually means something and isn't just a fake gesture people throw around at each other to build artificial distance or to feign participation

No, it just translate to this nicely timed post:

Is Kark really the only viable wagon?

Feels like anywhere else I put my vote is pointless

Kark is already lynched. It's 6 to 3 with you being the second runner and no one is going to join me on the vote with an afk and Kark's partner.

kingkitty

With 20 mins left, no one seems hot on melting Ty4on, so I'm fine switching my vote to Orb/TWE based on my last read list.

I'm personally not as hot anymore on melting Kark just based on how lame this gambit turned out to be. Like too lame, I'd figure scumKark would do better. Unless it's some kind of bold reverse psychology gambit, but idk on that. I ultimately put him down from slight suspicious to now null.

vote: Orb

Natiko

Banned
I'm only willing to vote for Ouro, Royal, and Kark. Voting for Kark just makes this a clear one horse race and makes it easy for everyone to pile together which limits info gained so if anyone is willing to go Royal over Ouro I'll switch. Otherwise I'm sitting until day end. About to hear back out so decide soon.

Sorian

Banned
I'm not willing to vote Ouro, Kitty has excused him for the day. I am willing to vote Orb/TWE again which sounds only slightly better than Kark because I'm kind of side-eyeing the whole lynch now that it seems to be the easy one to fall on to.

Sorry I haven't been around, was sleepin

I feel pretty confident in my Orb vote, and I would like to stay there. However, if it comes down to a tie, I will move to avoid a no lynch.

This kark wagon feels easy

Burbeting

Banned
DAY 1 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Xbro & Karkador (6)
flatearthpandas 387 619
Ty4on 695 1237
Ourobolus 1021
Fireblend 1206
Sorian 1268 1352
Royal_Flush 1436
Muffin1611
Darryl
Samuraischnecke

Ourobolus & kingkitty (2)
WhereAreMahDragonz 156 954
flatearthpandas 174 176
Sorian 194 444
flatearthpandas 619 654
Muffin1611 718 1252
Dr. Worm 836
Nomadic Sparks 1159
Natiko 1178

Darryl & nin1000 (3)
Fat4all 1264
Sorian 1352
Xbro

Fat4all & Sorian (0)
CrimsonFist 175
Darryl 659

Trigger & Ty4on (0)
CrimsonFist 71 175
kingkitty 653

Orb & TheWorthyEdge (3)
Sorian 688 1268
WhereAreMahDragonz 954
Dr. Worm
kingkitty

TsuXna & Royal_Flush (0)
Natiko 475 1178
Nomadic Sparks 488 1149
Ty4on 1237

Verelios & WhereAreMahDragonz (1)
flatearthpandas 176 387
kitsunelaine 385

Natiko & Nomadic Sparks (1)
franconp

StarSketch & SexyFish (0): flatearthpandas 655 962

CrimsonFist & Sophia (0): Ourobolus 115 1021, WhereAreMahDragonz 132 156, kingkitty 265 653

franconp & Dr. Worm (0): Dr. Worm 136 537, Muffin1611 178 413

TheExodu5 & Fireblend (0): Dr. Worm 94 136, Ty4on 355 448

kitsunelaine & flatearthpandas (2):
Sorian 444 688,
Ty4on 448 695
Ty4on
Crimsonfist

Muffin1611 & Samuraischnecke (0): Dr. Worm 537 836, Fireblend 1098 1206

No active vote for Day 1: flatearthpandas (has previously voted), Karkador, nin1000, Orb, CzarTim, Sophia, StarSketch, TheExodu5, TheWorthyEdge, Trigger, TsuXna, Verelios, Xbro

Day 1 ends:
bla_1501959600.png

Automated vote tally here

16 votes for majority

Sorian

Banned
I won't be voting Royal. I've thought his posts were fine and Tsu just still hasn't posted at all? I don't see anything indicating scum there and I'm not going to jump off scum reads for a random grab bag.

Unvote: Royal_Flush

VOTE: OURO

I'm still convinced that Ouro is being dumb and doing a #scumtell

This little spat reads REALLY badly. Easy to jump on vote with a couple people already voting for him and then his explanation is the latter. Nomadic is the epitome and personification of the term 'shitpost'. His explanation is literally, this player is being dumb and because of him being dumb it's a #scumtell. How the heck does this make any sense? Can that ACTUALLY be an acceptable read??

Like, I really don't like the way Darryl defended himself and dragged this whole thing out. And his comment about pressure vote now meaning something is just an excuse to jump on the Kark train.

Natiko

Banned
I won't be voting Royal. I've thought his posts were fine and Tsu just still hasn't posted at all? I don't see anything indicating scum there and I'm not going to jump off scum reads for a random grab bag.
Did all of nothing except be defensive until a few people got on his case and suddenly he tries to actually contribute. Reads more like caring to keep appearances than trying to actually consistently solve.

Dr. Worm

Banned
yay for home Internet

with like ten minutes to go, lol

Like, I really don't like the way Darryl defended himself and dragged this whole thing out. And his comment about pressure vote now meaning something is just an excuse to jump on the Kark train.

uhhhhh, then why are you on XKark

Fireblend

Banned
Kark is a safe vote but for all I care Darryl's vote on him might as well be scum bussing scum. I really don't want to change my vote because I don't want to have to rethink my stance on kark tomorrow =/

Sorian

Banned
Did all of nothing except be defensive until a few people got on his case and suddenly he tries to actually contribute. Reads more like caring to keep appearances than trying to actually consistently solve.

Royal always plays the same way, long stretches of nothing, then big recap posts then ghosts away again. Doesn't really set off alarm bells. This is the same to me as trying to build a case on Star for being inactive.

Karkador

Banned
Doing that now, but I did have to answer for it

In case I don't finish the complete list in time, here's the short list:

Ty4on/Trigger : Ty4on has been the most active in the thread by far, and yet I can't really tell you what his angle is or what he has pushed for. He's somehow invisible. While other player couples have maintained a parity in activity (suggesting that they are discussing things and clearing ideas with each other), Ty4on is acting like a one-man army...OR, Trigger's input doesn't matter, because other players are discussing with him instead. We are getting played.

VOTE: Trigger

Ourobolus/kingkitty: There's a huge activity gap with these two, as well, but I know how kingkitty operates in these games. Ouro has acted ackwardly defensive about things, but I do kinda think the case being made against him didn't hold much water. It also just fizzled out, which kinda tells me it was a scum push that got retracted.

WhereAreMahDragonz/Verelios: I detect venom coming from these two, and it's actually kind of remarkable that Dragonz came out unscathed from an aggressive situation she escalated. I concluded it seemed like Town V Town at the time, although she was the first to vote on the Ouro push. Verelios oddly absent from that vote.

Sorian/Fat4all: Sorian is being aggressive with everybody, myself included. I haven't engaged with that, because it's gonna get me angry. But this fight with Darryl looked bad. Sorian and Fat seem to be on the same page, and maybe that does imply scummyness, if I'm wrong about the disparity in activity theory.

Fuck it, I'll take Darryl. He's trying to make it seem like he contributed anything by making all of this mess, and I don't like it. Even less than Kark.

VOTE: Darryl

Darryl

Banned

sounds like you're being opportunistic now that the votes are starting to split to me tbh

Verelios

Sorry I haven't been around, was sleepin

I feel pretty confident in my Orb vote, and I would like to stay there. However, if it comes down to a tie, I will move to avoid a no lynch.

This kark wagon feels easy
Yeah, we talked about it and I feel Orb is a choice we can agree has been acting weird.
Vote:Orb

As for Kark, it's weird that there hasn't been any pushback against him. His entire Gambit was a crock of shit but would scum bus an entire team this early in the game?

Top Bottom