• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InFAMOUS [Mafia] [OT] No Good Karma...

cabot

First sentence I can get down with as it seems to be in the spirit of a joke read. There's no possible way I can believe that anybody would forget that bats was always town.

Last sentence, not so much. We have had non-participating/inactive mafia so the amount that they post isn't really relevant. Posting a lot and giving quality content as mafia ia hard stuff and I could completely see some mafia taking a lesser role in the game. That along with the fact that talking a lot puts you in the spotlight would make me lean scum more than anything tbh.

there's a middle ground between what isaacs been posting and my posting levels

Blarg you have tottally and utterly confused me.
Honestly, if he didn't I'd be extremely suspicious. Blarg confusing you is almost a rite of passage here.
there's a middle ground between what isaacs been posting and my posting levels
But that is hardly indicative of anything when half of the remaining players fall under his post count. If he's posting a lot of nothingness that is really safe that would be one thing.
I think cabot is Town because this dialogue has continued largely uninterrupted.

cabot, help me kill Kyan Today

Why Kyan today? Shouldn't at least wait a day to see if second kills are still a thing? There would still be 3 other potential scum in your scenario. If CCS is telling the truth (and he had as far as I can see) then Kyan would be as close to confirmed own aligned as we can get outside of Kawl

I caught up. I thought this was a normal game, so I thought the witch is a farfetched role. Then I recalled we had a suicide day cop.

Anyway, if CCS is scum, and the witch thing is just a ploy, he'll eventually name all his scumbuddies every single night because they're the only ones that can cover for him.

As for the witch winning with scum, there is a werewolf role called a sorcerer that can only win with scum.

Anyway, I am sorry to see that Dusk Soldier is actually town and that we lost two townies at night, one a doctor.

As for me not appearing again after my reply to cabot, I just didn't bother replying because it was plain as day that I was talking about myself in the context of all the meta discussion happening on the first day which frankly all flew by me.

I caught up. I thought this was a normal game, so I thought the witch is a farfetched role. Then I recalled we had a suicide day cop.

Anyway, if CCS is scum, and the witch thing is just a ploy, he'll eventually name all his scumbuddies every single night because they're the only ones that can cover for him.

As for the witch winning with scum, there is a werewolf role called a sorcerer that can only win with scum.

Anyway, I am sorry to see that Dusk Soldier is actually town and that we lost two townies at night, one a doctor.

As for me not appearing again after my reply to cabot, I just didn't bother replying because it was plain as day that I was talking about myself in the context of all the meta discussion happening on the first day which frankly all flew by me.

well as long as you're sorry.

as for the second bolded statement, I don't really understand what you mean. Could you not have just tried to get involved in what was happening instead?

This is one of the most manufactured exchanges of words I've ever seen

So most people know I'm a pretty EV based player in pretty much everything I do. Which generally leads to taking the more consistent plays and not going for big swings.

However, in mafia just like in most card games, once you get down by enough, making the safe/consistent choice only leads to your slowly losing. Making the big risky play is your only way to claw back into having a shot at winning. Sure, itcan also lead to you losing faster, but losing fast or losing slow is all the same, it's a lose.

I stand by the fact that I wish the person responsible for ABs death would come forward with more info. Knowing if it was a one off would be important. Since no one did I'll assume we are either in the game state with a JOAT or a SK. I'm hoping it's JOAT as 2 kills a night puts us in a tight spot.

But basically, all of this is to say, I don't think we lynch CCS. It's the safe and consistent way to slowly bleed ourselves out. We need to hit scum and we need to start doing it quickly. We've lost a crap ton of town PRs for it only being Day 2.

Let's roll the dice.

lArdkoc.gif

Birthday yesterday, traveling all night and now spending time with my nephew for the first time. So I'll probably be a bit sparse this day phase. Weekend phase suuuuuck.

There's literally no way scum Cabot doesn't just stick to his fuck neutrals stance. His flip flopping makes me town read him pretty strong.

Sky still seems scummy, but I'll admit I've only had time for a cursory read of the new day phase.

Blarg is going in hard. His revisionism of last day phase is getting pretty old. Trusting ccs especially when he only introduces additional deaths was never smart given the clarifications. Could see him doing this song and dance as the sacrificial scum that he always plays as.

ZHfhnNR.gif

how do we know he told the truth about targeting me?

It's possible he redirected a scum to kill AB, and is just lying about it all.

The claim seems believable, that's about it.

hn1EDD8.gif

Now I am scum?

grrr

i don't know what you are, CCS hasn't helped me there.

which is why I'm ok with lynching him.

CCS says he can force any scum to shoot.
CCS dies.
Flip does not contradict CCS' statement.
Only one kill during the night.
Guess who dies next?

Seems good.

Silly speculation. If CCS can force any scum to shoot, I could be framed if scum control the additional kill. I think.

Pb08Wwt.jpg

Swamped

Banned
Have you ever played inFAMOUS

tumblr_n2x8s4CYxa1rp5oiro2_250.gif

Well I'm about to start reading D2 now so things might change. But, to appease you in the meantime:

"*Splinter is one of those rare players that grace the sacred game of forum mafia once in a generation. His chameleon-like nature means that it's impossible to tell if he is town, mafia or even neutral. When I say I lean town on him, I am saying that with the full knowledge that he may indeed be playing us all like a fiddle, and a part of me welcomes it."

Can we not get a running commentary of events and instead get a nice up to date summary of your thoughts and feelings?

Running Commentary on D2

Kyan was possessed by CCS the witch. Trying to think through if scum would willingly come forward with this information. I'm leaning no, but it's important to note that at the time, Kyan didn't know what possession meant. He didn't know it was a redirect. In fact, he thought it was some type of arsonist or fruit vendor. In that case, scum could definitely come forward with that knowledge. If scum knew they had been redirected, they would be much less inclined to say so. So basically, I think that this event doesn't say anything about Kyan's alignment.

Bronx still scum-reads CCS, so this behavior is consistent with his early D2 vote.

Also, starting to get wary of Waffle. She starts the say by saying the flips at the start of D2 "change everything", but never really goes into it. This makes me think she might have extra information about why there were two kills. She later in the day says she is busy which is fine. But even in one or two lines you can make some stances, which I think she is purposefully neglecting to do.

Lots of discussion about CCS being neutral, should we vote him off, blah blah.

Splinter grills cabot.

Blarg votes for Splinter seemingly out of nowhere. Will keep an eye on this thread as I read D2.

CCS seems to genuinely scumread Cabot, and seems to genuinely want him out of the game. If we assume he was telling the truth about his night action (redirect Kyan to Cab) then that's further proof he actually scumread cabot rather than going with the flow as a neutral would usually do.

I see Cabot's x-shot claim, and I totally understand the reservations people had with it. But I feel so sympathetic. In Gafia 3 I was a commuter (I think odd night?) who was scumread really hard. So I had to claim...but once you claim there's basically no way that mafia will target you rendering the role pointless. It IS a convenient role claim for scum, but I understand what it's like to be a commuter too. So keeping that in mind, I shall read on.

Well Kawl isn't sooooooooo...

And I'm pretty sure that our wincon involves removing threats to town, which would be actual killing roles which doesn't seem to include CCS as far as I see.

OA seems to trust CCS

Why do batsnacks and Kawl keep arguing lol

Blarg makes a good point here.

I bet Kawl is a Veteran and AbsolutBro died protecting him

Mafia killed Timeaisis because they feared the Doctor. Since bats and Kawl aren't dead, safe to say there aren't any Strong peeps amongst us

I really am leaning town on him. He's thinking in a town-like way. Again, I like to think I can read Blarg fairly well after all these years.

So OA invited Waffle and Zeusy to a gossip chat. Interesting I suppose. Waffle didn't realize she was invited. Some people claim this is evidence that Waffle is town. I guess I could see that. But it really depends on if she was on the ball enough to share that in scum chat. Currently, I can't say either way. I don't think it clears her.

So now Cabot claims odd night commuter???? This is a really odd thing to claim after x-shot. What was your reasoning behind this claim? Back when I claimed x-shot commuter (even though I was odd) I never felt the need to go back and redo my claim. So I'd like to know the reasoning.

Hmm well in general the votes on CCS at the end of the day don't mean much, as there was pretty much no choice from all around but to vote him out. He was aligned with nobody so nobody was acting to protect him. It looks like there was going to be a cabot surge at the end, but LP turboed CCS. To protect cabot? Or to prevent town from talking in circles? LP can you answer?

Blarg, do you scum-read Splinter?

I think I'm finally in a position to make some reads! It still feels like I'm behind, but I'll do my best. Players I want to look at more closely include (but not limited to): Sky, Flame, Zipped, Ri, Waffle, Kalor, Isaac, Zeusy, OA, LP (the middle of the range posters).

cabot

i claimed in the hope of being killed by the other KP that night, I was getting frustrated in the game.

I also felt like giving scum the choice to kill me would help determine how confident they were in lynching me

SkyOdin

pretty sure swamped is scum.
On what basis?

i claimed in the hope of being killed by the other KP that night, I was getting frustrated in the game.

I also felt like giving scum the choice to kill me would help determine how confident they were in lynching me
Why did you think scum would target you just because you claimed odd-night commuter? That seems somewhat naive for you. Commuter isn't exactly a high-priority threat to the scum team. If you claimed cop or doctor, I expect the mafia team would off you immediately, but commuter is something that can be waited out. To be frank, the fact that you are a loud voice and active poster is sufficient grounds for mafia to want you dead, if you are town. Probably lower priority than the active confirmed townies, though.

Of course, we are not privy to how scum thinks. So I am not sure how your "test" is supposed to work. These feel like strange excuses and explanations for your claim.

If I was a commuter in your situation N1 and D2, I probably would have claimed too. However, the change in claim is suspicious. I would have believed it if you had said that you wanted to keep scum guessing, but wanting to be lynched is something that I don't buy.

Flame_AC

The change in claim could always just be cabot being worried about someone being able to grab his role information / role power and then calling him out on the details and wasting a lynch. cabot knows that an x-shot commuter is more powerful than odd night as he could be gone at any time making scum unsure of when to hit him.

Lack of second kill:

1. Both killers hit bats.
2. Scum blocker blocked second killer.
3. Kill was nullified by BP/commuter/whatever.
4. Someone slept in and didn't submit a kill.

Flame_AC

Lack of second kill:

1. Both killers hit bats.
2. Scum blocker blocked second killer.
3. Kill was nullified by BP/commuter/whatever.
4. Someone slept in and didn't submit a kill.

Someone only has x-shot kills and doesn't want to waste it after using it on AB for town following Day 1. Sure that'd mean there's 2 vig, but I'd say it's possible.

cabot

On what basis?

Why did you think scum would target you just because you claimed odd-night commuter? That seems somewhat naive for you. Commuter isn't exactly a high-priority threat to the scum team. If you claimed cop or doctor, I expect the mafia team would off you immediately, but commuter is something that can be waited out. To be frank, the fact that you are a loud voice and active poster is sufficient grounds for mafia to want you dead, if you are town. Probably lower priority than the active confirmed townies, though.

Of course, we are not privy to how scum thinks. So I am not sure how your "test" is supposed to work. These feel like strange excuses and explanations for your claim.

If I was a commuter in your situation N1 and D2, I probably would have claimed too. However, the change in claim is suspicious. I would have believed it if you had said that you wanted to keep scum guessing, but wanting to be lynched is something that I don't buy.

I scumread TheG with the posts he made and Swamped seems to be making ...interesting assumptions from the day.

As for the second rambling part, This theory was more credible before CCS flipped, obviously after that I was pretty sure I'd be untouched by scum.

cabot

Like I don't know why Swamped is trying to justify CCS as going after his 'true' scumread.

1) It's irrelevant.
2) It's probably a lie, because he was choosing to kill the person who brought him into the limelight.

I also seriously question the shade being thrown at Waffle as genuine.

Her strong town read on Blarg is suspect, because so far I've not yet seen anything truly alignment indicative from Blarg.

I'm feeling better about Splinter from her though, she seems to be developing a negative outlook on him.

Kyanrute

kyaaa wanted to look at people who are doing little and sheeping other ppl

but well

things happen

but kyaaa was thinking of murder zipped or bronx

isaac not bad per se but man the content of his is fucking wicked sick

sick in the way that would scum really be that wicked

maybe not but did not read so

still not that against cabbo but might prefer more zzz characters

the recent exchange with blarg made kyaaa not really change his opinion about blarg

blarg still entertaining and kyaaa no idea what blarg is

sad that the vigi is dead, couldve shot blarg otherwise

Kyanrute

trusted me naaah

i saw the posts where cabbo was all murder kyaaa

no trust there

but kyaaa was of think

why no read posts now

amazing right, kyaaa such genius

so is of read

Kyanrute

Flame. The feeling I had, on the top of my drunken head, was that he is somewhat fluffy. I could go back to d1 or so and find the post where I think I mentioned some similar details compared to this post, but naaah.

Am I just being forgetful or is the reason for batsnacks' death rather obvious. He had an item that was going to be used during the night and scum very likely was afraid of whatever would happen with its use, thus they kill them and solve two problems at once. What say y'all?

Kyaaa thinks snackbats' item was fake and speculation like this could be fluff. On the other hand, it could be bait to see who fluffs even harder or an attempt to get some details out of ppl who actually might know what the deal was. Seeing how no grand reveal has happened so far, the 1st case is bit more likely, though to Flame's favor, the latter case cannot certainly be overruled.

You don't think they actually had an item? What possible purpose does it serve a Day 0 confirmed townie to lie to us, especially if it just baits the scum kill.

This then goes bit too far. The logic is fair, certainly, but why does it stop where it stops? -There is no reason for a confirmed town to lie... unless they were not lying per se, but baiting kills. Again, one cannot expect everyone to reach this conclusion (not even certain if this conclusion is the correct one), but it stings no matter what.

I feel like Sky isn't the only one with sheeped scumreads on them. If I had to pick 2 scum out of your list of 4, I'd say Zipped and Ri'orious.

Why Zipped and Ri? Opinion posts are nice so props for that, even though the explanation is lacking.

I feel like the problem with Blarg's theory in Kyanrute/CCS possession is that, why wouldn't CCS have saved himself from being lynched with this spectacular, likely incriminating evidence? If CCS had brought something similar to Blarg's theory up to try and explain our N1, I'm 99% positive they would have lived, at least during the days, for a while. (Scum might have decided to kill the witch to stop a weak-cop from running around.) So, the fact that CCS didn't do this makes me feel like they were telling the truth, or at the very least weren't lying about / possibly protecting scum Kyan.

The change in claim could always just be cabot being worried about someone being able to grab his role information / role power and then calling him out on the details and wasting a lynch. cabot knows that an x-shot commuter is more powerful than odd night as he could be gone at any time making scum unsure of when to hit him.

Someone only has x-shot kills and doesn't want to waste it after using it on AB for town following Day 1. Sure that'd mean there's 2 vig, but I'd say it's possible.

Various posts about theory, not about scum hunting per se. Not bad things in their context, but fits the general idea of fluff.

Kyanrute

I was pretty clear. I got overexcited and claimed far too early, then the rest of it happened. I feel you keep bringing up this claim to justify your mislynch when I flip town so you don't look suspicious. That's my current theory.

That is cabot wants to kill Kyaaa the post. Kyaaa very worried. Kyaaa think cabot is of great mafia god who would not claim like he did, were he town so Kyaaa is of much confuse.

And yes if cabot filp town Kyaaa will use various posts to cover for himself. Kyaaa good at making cover like Blarg noticed.

Kyanrute

If possible Kyaaa would like a super read list of total commitment out of

BLARGONAUT

in response, Kyaaa is offering to produce a super read list of total commitment of his own

in accordance to the mutual read rule.

cabot

That is cabot wants to kill Kyaaa the post. Kyaaa very worried. Kyaaa think cabot is of great mafia god who would not claim like he did, were he town so Kyaaa is of much confuse.

And yes if cabot filp town Kyaaa will use various posts to cover for himself. Kyaaa good at making cover like Blarg noticed.

Well that's nice you think so highly of me, but yeah. I botched my claim.

Thought my claim would help show CCS was useless to town, got overexcited and claimed when I shouldn't have.

We just have to deal with the consequences now.

Kyanrute

Well that's nice you think so highly of me, but yeah. I botched my claim.

Thought my claim would help show CCS was useless to town, got overexcited and claimed when I shouldn't have.

We just have to deal with the consequences now.

Kyaaa still thinks it is curious that only cabot has shown interest in the question what no one has asked.

Very curious indeed, especially when cabot's reaction was what it was.

Kyanrute

But again, it is only Kyaaa's view that cabot reacted to the question. cabot himself does not say that the question was in his mind.

Still, the lack of the question is odd. Not that bringing it up would do any good, but still, odd. Fits the reserved nature of this game I guess, I had to milk the CCS' clarification after all. Me. Come on.

Top Bottom