• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

L.A. Noire Switch details: Touchscreen control, Gyro aim, 1080p docked, 720p handheld

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
I understand. Even given that the per core performance are roughly the same aren't they? It doesn't look like the Switch CPU as a whole out performs last gen much.
Yes, they are, for a 3.2GHz PPE and a 1GHz A57.

Fiendcode

I understand. Even given that the per core performance are roughly the same aren't they? It doesn't look like the Switch CPU as a whole out performs last gen much.
All 3 last gen machines didn't give you 3 full cores (360 and Wii U were 2 plus change, PS3 used 6+ SPEs). Also you had to do audio on them, no dedicated hardware for that (bar Wii U).

Yes, they are, for a 3.2GHz PPE and a 1GHz A57.

Interesting. Really highlights why the clock difference hurts the Switch. If they were able to clock at even 1.5GHz you would see significant gains. Sucks the TX1 throttles so hard. Hopefully they move to a less leaky node going forward.

All 3 last gen machines didn't give you 3 full cores (360 and Wii U were 2 plus change, PS3 used 6+ SPEs). Also you had to do audio on them, no dedicated hardware for that (bar Wii U).

Oh I know. I understand that ultimately the Switch still has more cores to pull from but I thought the per core performance was better than that honestly.

Rayis

Did you guys know the Atari 2600 CPU beats the Switch's? I mean, I just heard it somewhere but I'm sure looking at the data will give us the whole picture.

Piscus

Oh cool a L.A. Noire thread. I love that ga...

Shocked-Troy-Walks-Into-Fire-With-Pizza-Community.gif

Hahaha, this is exactly how I felt.

I'm probably in for the Switch version of the game, though.

Will be interesting to see how this sells. The Switch lineup has more games then I think most would have originally thought.

I also wonder what the expectations for it are overall and on Switch.

Lylo

Oh, great L.A. Noire thread, let's talk GTA V and compare Switch specs with older hardware generations....

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, lets go back to LA Noire. About texture resolution, I bet they will be last gen ones. Mostly due storage limitations.

Vern is the hero we need but don't deserve. But I wish he was wrong about apps coming to the Switch because I wanna dispose of my WiiU but netflix :/

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Yes, lets go back to LA Noire. About texture resolution, I bet they will be last gen ones. Mostly due storage limitations.
Do we know what they remastered?

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member

A bit:

L.A. Noire for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One delivers the complete original game and all additional downloadable content with a range of technical enhancements for greater visual fidelity and authenticity, including enhanced lighting and clouds, new cinematic camera angles, high resolution textures and more.

jorgejjvr

Man, L.A Noire, Doom, Resident evil revelations 1 + 2, Odyssey, Xenoblade.

My holiday is packed full with Switch games.

And still finishing Mario + Rabbids, and Steamworld Dig 2

Man, L.A Noire, Doom, Resident evil revelations 1 + 2, Odyssey, Xenoblade.

My holiday is packed full with Switch games.

And still finishing Mario + Rabbids, and Steamworld Dig 2

Sub Xenoblade with Skyrim and you have my purchase list... yeesh that's a lot of games.

is vern an insider?

From what I remember he doesn't like to call himself an insider, but he has heard things in the past that have been extremely outlandish (including LA Noire for Switch back in January I think) that have been 100% spot on. So more or less, yeah.

jorgejjvr

Sub Xenoblade with Skyrim and you have my purchase list... yeesh that's a lot of games.

From what I remember he doesn't like to call himself an insider, but he has heard things in the past that have been extremely outlandish (including LA Noire for Switch back in January I think) that have been 100% spot on. So more or less, yeah.

I might get Skyrim down the line too....but Xenoblade is just too good to be missed.

The first was a masterpiece, and X was still great.

vern

Lol all those quotes.

Been sitting on this cuz I'm not sure it's really worthy of a post (because I lack the most important details) but fuck it, why not...heard awhile back more from R* is in development, from my most reliable source, but wouldn't confirm what or when. Essentially was told it shouldn't be a surprise what title it is. I personally fully expect a GTA title (whatever it may be) because it makes sense since you see everyone clamoring for it in every damn thread, and it's the biggest game on Earth.
It's probably Table Tennis lol
Now watch this post get turned into Youtube videos and GoNintendo news articles again, when I said nothing at all of actual substance. For real this is in no way confirming a GTAV port is coming, it's just my solid as fuck source giving me some info and my own educated guessing. Probably shouldn't have said anything because I have nothing, and in 6 months or a year when another R* title gets announced I can claim I was right. So just ignore what I said somehow. I blew it.

Now back to discussing LA Noire.

There is a time and a place for everything vern, this was neither.

You are right. I regret my post.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Lol all those quotes.

Been sitting on this cuz I'm not sure it's really worthy of a post (because I lack the most important details) but fuck it, why not...heard awhile back more from R* is in development, from my most reliable source, but wouldn't confirm what or when. Essentially was told it shouldn't be a surprise what title it is. I personally fully expect a GTA title (whatever it may be) because it makes sense since you see everyone clamoring for it in every damn thread, and it's the biggest game on Earth.
Now watch this post get turned into Youtube videos and GoNintendo news articles again, when I said nothing at all of actual substance. For real this is in no way confirming a GTAV port is coming, it's just my solid as fuck source giving me some info and my own educated guessing. Probably shouldn't have said anything because I have nothing, and in 6 months or a year when another R* title gets announced I can claim I was right. So just ignore what I said somehow. I blew it.

Table Tennis would be dope, though.

Xenoblade gon be so good. But yeah. Odyssey, Revelations and Xenoblade on my list. Maybr O can squeeze in Doom. We'll see.

Luigiv

Going by the press releases (and what we've heard from insiders) it sounds like the Switch version won't feature any remastered assets that the PS2/Xbone versions will. That said, it is suppose to be ported from the PC build, at least, so if that version had any enhanced textures over the PS360 then there is a chance the Switch will use them.

Lol all those quotes.

Your "patience" sure didn't help. Well, we live and learn.

Top Bottom