• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First In-Game Look at Jurassic World Evolution (Frontier Developments PC/PS4/XB1)

In-game footage reveal here!

Frontier also uploaded the Jurassic World Evolution gameplay mechanics panel/content reveal with developers

vXtu9fD.jpg

BFUukck.jpg

bbAGMHv.jpg

sST63Tb.jpg

CKcrv1Q.jpg

eeCB7EE.jpg

E5LnOKA.jpg

fdK563d.jpg

tvWtOOh.jpg

rJYkUR2.png

gfAQYdu.jpg

Here's a solid breakdown of the information shared:

Frontier Developments wanted to capture the themes of Jurassic Park, and as such, have three different ongoing mission contracts: Entertainment, Security, and Science. Each of these contracts come from characters who want different things from the park, and while you can work for all three and achieve balance, you can also choose to allocate your resources to one singular playstyle.

Entertainment is all about embracing the dream of John Hammond, and is all about achieving a sense of wonder in the park. Security is risk/reward system all about making the most dangerous dinosaurs possible, and containing them appropriately. Finally, science is nature: understanding the dinosaurs as they were, and letting life find a way.

Managing the park is marked with unique challenges: dinosaurs can get sick, they can breakout, and they can kill one another. You are left managing a living breathing ecosystem that constantly evolves as you play. Many environmental factors come into play: each island offers a unique ecosystem, and much like Jurassic Park, factors such as dangerous storms can threaten the park and offer fun gameplay challenges.

More at the link

Clauss

Definitely early footage. Compared to Planet Coaster, some of those animations and textures look a little dumpy. They have almost a year to go though, so I'm not gonna hate. Really excited to make a dino sanctuary!

DataGhost

Definitely early footage. Compared to Planet Coaster, some of those animations and textures look a little dumpy. They have almost a year to go though, so I'm not gonna hate. Really excited to make a dino sanctuary!

When did they show it? I don't see it anywhere on the stream

Updated the OP

Game sounds VERY good, and the footage looked nice. Wish we could have a better indication of how the park management play looks and works in action though!

Bandit1

Looking really good! I'm thinking day 1 for me. Graphically it looks better than I expected. Looking forward to seeing how the gameplay works.

Jawmuncher

Who else is gonna go mainly security.
I want the most fearsome subjects and a high military presence on my islands.

The films for the most part are sticking with non-feathered dinosaurs, so I don't know why people were expecting feathers here.

During the conference, they did mention that you could alter the genes of the dinosaurs to "enhance" them. Maybe Frontier could throw the feathered dino crowd a bone there? lol

kc44135

I'm so excited for this! I loved Operation Genesis back in the day, and we just don't get Dino-themed games very often (just ask Jawmuncher). Can't wait!

The dinosaurs look really good. I would love to see the real gameplay though. Like how the park management works. How detailed it is. Also the genetic engineering part. And what kind of dinosaurs you can create. This being in Jurassic World era I am sure hybrids are possible in this game.

Bl@de

Thank God this game didn’t release back when I was young. I would‘ve never finished elementary school.

Top Bottom