• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan GAF Meetup -- November 2nd ¬Ikebukuro¬

Izuna

Banned
ikebukuro.jpg

Date:
November 2nd 2017
Time:
From 18:00
Where:
Ikebukuro, Tokyo
Meeting Place:
Zara outside of East Exit -- Google Map
!There will be a LINE Group, PM your LINE ID to be added.

Plan:
X - 18:00
Pre-Meeting Up (for those early birds)

18:00 - 18:15
Meeting Up at Zara

18:15 - 20:00
Izakaya [will confirm venue soon, reservation may be required depending on numbers]

20:00 - early morning
Round one Ikebukuro (Karaoke + Others)

Attending:
Izuna (with +1)
dofry
urfe
UristMcDwarf (with +1)
Sammy Samusu
Fisico
3Kaze
dani_dc
FF Seraphim

Maybe:
FreeMufasa
Piichan
LonelyGreyWolf
MistaPropella

Piichan

Banned
Maybe! I guess you're making reservations for the izakaya? When do you need to know for sure if we can come?

Edit: sorry it was in the op lol
Also, I can come from around 19PM... 18 is a bit early because of work, maybe other people will have he same issue FYI.

Izuna

Banned
Maybe! I guess you're making reservations for the izakaya? When do you need to know for sure if we can come?
Edit: sorry it was in the op lol

If this were London, I'd just book the maximum number of people and apologise if they don't all come but I don't know how things work in Japan regarding this. I'm looking into venues for it but I should have a reservation down at least a week prior. It's not a holiday or anything so I can't imagine it would be hard.

I'll put you as maybe :D

Also, I can come from around 19PM... 18 is a bit early because of work, maybe other people will have he same issue FYI.

Ah, that's a good point. Details are tentative atm so that may well change. Because it's Izakaya I'm sure people can join later -- if everyone agrees 19:00 is better that's fine.

That just means more shopping at Zara beforehand.

Heads up on reserving the place, if a significant amount of people don't show up ect. you will most likely still be charged for w/e amount you said would come or at least however many tables worth of food they prepared for your group.

Happened a few times where we reserved for like 30 but about 23 showed up so had to pay a bit extra. Generally they are pretty nice about it and might let it slide though as long as the food does not go to waste or toss in an extra persons worth incentive.

Izakaya are pretty flexible unless you rent out the whole joint (as in the above example lol)

Izuna

Banned
Heads up on reserving the place, if a significant amount of people don't show up ect. you will most likely still be charged for w/e amount you said would come or at least however many tables worth of food they prepared for your group.

Happened a few times where we reserved for like 30 but about 23 showed up so had to pay a bit extra. Generally they are pretty nice about it and might let it slide though as long as the food does not go to waste or toss in an extra persons worth incentive.

Thanks. If it comes to that I'll cover the mistake, so that gives me incentive to get it right.

I've always got so much going on but I should be able to make this, at least for the izakaya. Put me on the maybe list :)

Perfect opportunity for me to go by Sunshine City too before the izakaya.

Izuna

Banned
I've always got so much going on but I should be able to make this, at least for the izakaya. Put me on the maybe list :)

Perfect opportunity for me to go by Sunshine City too before the izakaya.

Added! :D

As previously mentioned, I wanna do Ikebukuro because it means I can walk home. Wobbly, perhaps.

Doesn't sound feasible. Are you staying in Tokyo or Osaka? It's not too convenient to travel for the day.

Taking a roundtrip with the jr pass and want to visit Tokyo a bit later in the first week of my stay, but maybe I could change my travel schedule a bit. ;-)

Meeting some fellow Gaffers from the other side of the Planet could be fun.

Izuna

Banned
Taking a roundtrip with the jr pass and want to visit Tokyo a bit later in the first week of my stay, but maybe I could change my travel schedule a bit. ;-)

Meeting some fellow Gaffers from the other side of the Planet could be fun.

I'll put you down as maybe :D

dani_dc

Can't make it to the Izakaya, only finish work at 7pm, but maybe I could stop by for a couple hours at Round 1.

Izuna

Banned
Can't make it to the Izakaya, only finish work at 7pm, but maybe I could stop by for a couple hours at Round 1.

Sure thing! Although, we still have time to decide whether or not we will spend more time in Izakaya. Send your Line ID so we can liaise.

I'll put you down as attending.

Izuna

Banned
I'll get reservations in the week before, which week be the 26th. Hopefully we wouldn't have a drastic change in guests with less than a week notice.

I'm looking into booking a hotel, it's about time I spend a weekend in Tokyo. :p

Any tips?

Booking is showing me ¥8600 for 3 nights in a basic capsule hotel (close to Ueno).

Piichan

Banned
Well if you still want to meet up with Izuna and bae...

No wiggle wiggle in this screenshot thankfully :p

Maybe posting his Line ID on an open forum could give Izuna some trouble. I think there's a way for only Gaf members to see it, through quoting or something, right?

Top Bottom