• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bakphoon

Just finished coloring one of the new sketches :D

3vby7.jpg

Panda, where should I put these seaponies?
uVcRj.png

(This is my first finished attempt at a pony draw, please be gentle.)
(Also, assume that an aquarium that small isn't terribly inhumane. It's got magic in it or something.)

Acerac

Banned
Calpain said:
Moe made a very appropriate image for those in PonyGAF who've been playing TF2:
So good! My favorite class, but the worst pony. Doesn't make the art any less awesome. Great job!

Rickenslacker said:
Awesome. I am conflicted though, my favourite pony and my least favourite class!
I swear I was thinking about my post before I saw that you said this. Damned Bizarro-Acerac.

Anybody going to the MLP cosplay meets at Otakon? I see there's one for Friday at 9:30 PM at the indoor fountains, then Saturday at 9 AM in the same place. I've already seen a decent AJ while going through pre-reg.

Also saw this note:

Equestria Gaming Brony Meet will be at the THIRD FLOOR, BY THE ESCALATORS on FRIDAY and SAT, starting at 1:00 PM. As I understand it, the coordinator of this event will be dressed as Luigi. The Friday meet has a sticker giveaway. Backup locations are at the indoor fountain, and left of the escalator.

I'LL TAKE IT

*runs to phone*

yes, blood gore fetish society? i have something you may want... but it will cost you... yes... all the bondage in the basement....

So I was watching the mentally advanced abridged FIM series on synchtube, and man, does it get a TON better at later episodes. I detested the first two, but they were showing episode 6 when I came in, and I was hooked. If you thought it wasn't your cup of tea when you gave it a shot, try watching one of the later ones and see if you still don't like it.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
DrForester said:
Least Toys R us is getting this.

truset1.jpg

No more blind bags
Still... Fakershy.

Captain Fish said:
Panda, where should I put these seaponies?
http://i.imgur.com/uVcRj.png
(This is my first finished attempt at a pony draw, please be gentle.)
(Also, assume that an aquarium that small isn't terribly inhumane. It's got magic in it or something.)
This looks excellent, Cap, keep at it! Also, I'm really flattered that you kept the design I made for you. *sniff*

Quinnjaminn

Neo Member
This should be relevant, considering this is a gaming board. Jacob Minkoff, Lead Game Designer at Naughty Dog, just posted on his blog about ponies. It's not just a slight reference; he basically raves about how much he loves the show. It's a pretty interesting read, and can be found here.

Quinnjaminn said:
This should be relevant, considering this is a gaming board. Jacob Minkoff, Lead Game Designer at Naughty Dog, just posted on his blog about ponies. It's not just a slight reference; he basically raves about how much he loves the show. It's a pretty interesting read, and can be found here.

Yeah, that was a great read. Nice to have a good reminder of why the show is so good. He goes into really great detail about it.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
tiff said:
There's a part of me that's still opposed to buying a big box of pony figures like that, but thinking about it, it's not exactly the most embarrassing or controversial thing I plan on buying.
Your new avatar does strange things to me. <3 Lyn.

Quinnjaminn said:
That was very enjoyable and well argumented, thanks for sharing!

burningranger

Neo Member
Well, I won't be on a whole heck of a lot this weekend since I'll be at AnimeIowa. (not that anyone's really going to notice me missing :p) I'm bringing my computer with me, so I'll do my best to get online for the synctube on Saturday night at least, although it will kind of depend on how good the wireless internet at the hotel is.

This is one the longest running anime conventions in the midwest and it almost always pre-sells out and usually has a lot of good cosplay. I'll do my best to take as many pony related cosplay pictures as I can to share with everyone since I'm sure there will be plenty there and I won't be stuck behind a booth all weekend schilling for the con I help run.

Myke Greywolf said:
This looks excellent, Cap, keep at it! Also, I'm really flattered that you kept the design I made for you. *sniff*
Thanks Myke! I really like the design, I've just never had any ideas for him that I'm good enough to follow through on.

Quinnjaminn said:
That was an awesome read, especially coming from someone in his position. I never thought I'd hear a comparison drawn between MLP and triple A game design, but they both have corporate restrictions that don't inspire creativity. It reminds me of that apocryphal story about how Activision didn't want to risk Call of Duty going modern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom