• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikael

I guess Evilore doesn't like the idea of a topic constantly being on the first page, unless it's other communities.

Ugh, can we cut this crap, please? We are going to have our second season topic on the OT anyways. Still, the lack of communication on this whole issue freaked me out a bit, I must admit (I didn't knew if the banning was total, partial, permanent or what). In the end, it was just a merely administrative decision. And we are still having our ponies and season two, so yay!

If the same happens to the Game of Thrones topic I am vowing violent Japanese revenge

so why can't you people just stay on community and not try to take over OT like a bunch of fucking nazis?

Godwin law, awwwww yeeaaaahhh!

Also, we have the same right to be at the OT as any other series topic.

Don't worry Jenga, we still love you:

ponygaf_ponies__pandaman_jenga_by_mykegreywolf-d48jn4a.jpg

About the SPOILER video:

I would love if Discord will try to play with each pony defects and turn them against each other.

HOMG CANNOT WAIT OMAYFUUFUFUCKINGAWD

Also, a Game of Thrones reference would rock my world

Friendship is coming
Hear my yay
Grow tall and strong (CMC)
We do not derp
Ours is the fabulosity
20% higher
Fire and tolerance

Neki

if you guys had all voted for EatChildren as best mod, this wouldn't have had happened.

hope we learned our lessson.

Theonik

EatChildren said:
Oh.

You're back.
My intel tells me that this is the thread to be for all your human pony action.
Erm... What i meant to say is that we don't know anything about those ponies.
Damn...

Orcastar

Theonik

Orcastar said:
I probably said this already, but it bears repeating: that Spitfire is amazing. And I'd say the costume and goggles make it about 40% cooler than it already is.

Speaking of costumes, the Wonderbolts are the best aerial team in Equestria, so I bet they have assistants that help them put on the costumes.
Too reasonable?
Using unicorns for assistants makes sense.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Orcastar said:
Speaking of costumes, the Wonderbolts are the best aerial team in Equestria, so I bet they have assistants that help them put on the costumes.
Too reasonable?
How do they do it? Magic.

Oh, and please stop responding to Jenga.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Amibguous Cad said:
I think his impression is that it's the same 10 people posting stuff in a thread that really isn't relevant to the rest of NeoGAF. A thread could be constantly at the top of the page but still very niche if there were a small minority of dedicated members keeping it bumped to the top all of the time.

If that were the case I think this policy would make perfect sense, but the data just doesn't back that up. This thread has 125 unique posters with 5 posts or more, while the animeGAF thread has just 85. And that's while animeGAF was in OT while PonyGAF was in community for the vast majority of its thread. (though animeGAF does have about a month less and 50 pages fewer of posting. Even still, we beat them on a unique users per page measure). I don't think Evi is biased against ponies, but I do think that he dramatically underestimates the relevance of the thread to the average GAF user.

I'm not using the data you're using to come to my conclusions.

McNum

Theonik said:
Using unicorns for assistants makes sense.
Unicorns have a Clothes Beam power? Well, I'd suspect Rarity does, actually. Getting those kind of dresses on without hands will need a lot of magic.

Theonik

McNum said:
Unicorns have a Clothes Beam power? Well, I'd suspect Rarity does, actually. Getting those kind of dresses on without hands will need a lot of magic.
Either that but it also allows them to put on clothes normally which non unicorn ponies would have a hard time doing due to their hooves.

Ashenai

Neo Member
Amibguous Cad said:
I think his impression is that it's the same 10 people posting stuff in a thread that really isn't relevant to the rest of NeoGAF. A thread could be constantly at the top of the page but still very niche if there were a small minority of dedicated members keeping it bumped to the top all of the time.

If that were the case I think this policy would make perfect sense, but the data just doesn't back that up. This thread has 125 unique posters with 5 posts or more, while the animeGAF thread has just 85. And that's while animeGAF was in OT while PonyGAF was in community for the vast majority of its thread. (though animeGAF does have about a month less and 50 pages fewer of posting. Even still, we beat them on a unique users per page measure). I don't think Evi is biased against ponies, but I do think that he dramatically underestimates the relevance of the thread to the average GAF user.

My only problem is that I'm not sure I get how we're supposed to make sure the thread isn't always on page 1 in OT. The threads have a huge number of different posters, are they all supposed to be monitoring the thread's position before they post, to make sure it slides off Page 1 sometimes? I'm somehow not expecting MLP to become any less popular now that there are actual new episodes.

I guess you're probably right, maybe he doesn't realize the size of the community. The problem is that while I can respect his desire to not have the thread on Page 1 all the time, I can't actually think of anything reasonable we can do to guarantee that. We can definitely stick to talking about the episodes, but the thread is still going to be high volume, with a lot of posters.

akira28

*Peeks out from bush. Erm...Do you think Evi is still watching?

I think we can't go overboard with the self policing. Lets just try to keep the spirit of Community in here, where we are sanctioned by EviLore to go totally ka-ra-zy. Fandom, human pics, pony stories, shipping discussion, and everytthing else lives here. And in OT we'll keep it specifically show related, fandom and everything else will freely visit, but will mainly be Season 2.

Main thing is to not let this become a thing. We can't help it that our fan community is so scary awesome that much of GAF OT feels threatened enough to speak out. Evi has to cater to the TeaPartiers too, so..I guess.

McNum said:
I dunno, AJ was able to put on a frilly dress off-screen pretty damn fast.

McNum

Theonik said:
Either that but it also allows them to put on clothes normally which non unicorn ponies would have a hard time doing due to their hooves.
Yeah, rarity has that innate Unicorn telekinesis mastered like nopony else. She can sew with telekinesis, different kind of stiches, too. That's amazingly fine control, and then she moves around several... oh no. I just realized another stealth pun in the series: clothes ponies.

But my point is that Rarity is most likely a telekinesis prodigy when it comes to fine control. I don't think Twilight can do that. Now how Fluttershy can sew, on the other hand... Dash did call it freaky, and I bet it looks odd.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Amibguous Cad said:
What data are you using? Page views, unique page views per day, conceptual breadth?

I thought my arguments were specious and I needed to lay off the sophistry? I'd sooner delete your account than justify my positions to your satisfaction, personally. You can comply, and complain about policy silently via email or PM if necessary, or go to another website.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Here's the OP preview. Will put up soon as we get the rule banner made. Also want any suggestions to the rules section, and input on the spoiler rules. I have done trimming to make it more on topic as a season 2 thread.

WNHvG.jpg

ei1mL.jpg

"My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic" (MLP:FiM) is the latest animated show based on the "My Little Pony" (MLP) franchise created by toy maker Hasbro. It tells us about the lives and adventures of six pony friends from Ponyville, a small town in the magical land of Equestria.

The show premiered in October 2010, and was initially developed for television by Lauren Faust, creator of "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends", animator for "The Iron Giant", writer for "Powerpuff Girls", and wife of PPG's creator Craig McCracken.

Although Lauren Faust is no longer involved in the production of the show, the rest of the creative team will be kept for season 2, and director Jayson Thiessen has ensured the fans that the spirit that transformed the first season into a popularity phenomenon will be maintained for the new episodes.

Season 2 begins on Saturday, September 17.

Air times:
- United States of America (EST):
--- The Hub
---New Episodes
----- Saturday: 9:00 AM
---Repeat showings
----- Saturday: 9:30 AM

- United Kingdom (WEST):
--- Boomerang
----- Weekdays: 15:00

-Spain: (season 1)
---Boing
---Weekdays:
----10:30 am
---Weekends
----7:30 am

n8kNl.png

As the thread moves at quite a fast pace, this handy guide will link you to the first post when new episodes start airing so you can go right to the new episode discussion. This section will also serve as the season 2 episode guide.

If you are interested in watching season 1, you can watch on iTunes, and (as of this posting) Hasbro has been happy to allow the episodes to remain on youtube. You can find a full season 1 episode guide in The Community Thread.

Episode 1 - "The Return of Harmony - Part 1" - September 17
Discord, a new villain, escapes from his stone prison and Twilight and her friends act quickly to find the Elements of Harmony to stop him.

Episode 2 - "The Return of Harmony - Part 2" - September 24

RULES BANNER_______________________________________________________

As PonyGAF will be occupying two threads, we want to make sure this thread stays on topic. As a result there are a few rules for knowing which thread gets what types of posts. The GAF mod team has no problems with PonyGAF, they just don't want the thread dominating the OT. Please abide by the rules, or you might find yourself banished to the Moon for much longer than 1,000 years.

This thread is for discussion of new episodes, news, speculation, and other talk relating to season 2.

This thread is NOT FOR fanart, character rankings, synchtube discussions, trolling, and general fandom discussion.

Spoiler Rules
This thread will operate with minimum black bars. What this means is that if you want to avoid spoilers, you should avoid the thread until the show begins airing. Episode previews, as well summaries from The HUB will be posted and talked about freely. We would ask that you don't go out of the way to spoil something through other sources (i.e. if an episode were to leak early).

rO6Qk.jpg

eKrBU.png

Twilight Sparkle - The Nerd
Voiced by Tara Strong, singing voice by Rebecca Shoichet
A unicorn originating from the Equestrian capital of Canterlot, Twilight is initially an anti-social pony who would very much rather spend her time reading books alone than hanging out with friends. Her stance shifts dramatically as she discovers about the magic of friendship, even though she still values a certain measure of solitude inside her library. Because of her intelligence, she tends to get somewhat snarky when her opinion clashes with someone else's. Although her great organization skills make her a natural leader, she is prone to breaking under pressure or when reality contradicts her theoretical knowledge. Twilight has amazing magic potential, and is our "point of view pony", a sane counterpoint to all the weird stuff that happens in her world.

2MzQ8.png

Applejack - The Country Pony
Voiced by Ashleigh Ball
Applejack is all about business. This earth pony is in charge of her family's apple orchard, and is a hard-working equine who will do anything to gain an extra (honest) buck. She might not be the most intellectually-inclined of ponies, but she can always find a moment to help her friends, and is the go-to pony in Ponyville for any physical tasks, as she is probably the best athlete in town. Despite this, Applejack is stubborn as a mule, and has trouble admitting when she needs help herself. Her messy, straight-talking, no-frills nature sometimes puts her at odds with other, more prim ponies, but her diligent nature makes her one of the most respected ponies in town.

HuWaD.png

Rainbow Dash - The Hot-Shot
Voiced by Ashleigh Ball
This pegasus pony has no shame about advertising her love affair with a female pony, and that pony is herself. A full-blown braggart, Rainbow Dash has, nevertheless, the skills to back it up - after all, she is probably the best flier in her town, if not in all of Equestria. Her dream is to belong to famed aerobatics team "The Wonderbolts", but nevertheless, her rock-solid loyalty is devoted to her friends. Despite her bragging, Dash is very insecure when she knows she's being judged, but has little patience for anyone less bold than herself and is quick to judge them as useless. She is extremely brave, even in face of unfavorable odds, but tends to jump into danger without thinking things through.

F7FCv.png

Rarity - The Diva
Voiced by Tabitha St. Germain, singing voice by Kazumi Evans
Rarity's magic may be nowhere as strong as Twilight's, but this unicorn is all about talent - artistic talent. She's the artist of Ponyville, an eximious fashion designer and dress-maker, being the owner of her own atelier and shop. Rarity prides herself in being the most beautiful pony in Ponyville, and would be hard-pressed to show herself in public with a hair of her mane out of place, but her vanity is only surpassed by her generosity, as she will do anything to make sure that her friends look their best - even if it is against their wishes. Her perfectionism and fussiness are strong to a fault, as she sometimes descends into obsessive-compulsive behavior if things aren't absolutely the way she thinks they should be.

JbjPI.png

Fluttershy - The Shrinking Violet
Voiced by Andrea Libman
Despite being a pegasus pony, Fluttershy is as much of an opposite to Rainbow Dash as it can be imagined. She is extremely shy, as her name suggests, very sensitive and somewhat of a scaredy-cat, but all who get to know her recognize her enormous gentleness and talent to handle all kinds of animals. In fact, animals are the main trigger to dispel Fluttershy's bashfulness, as she gets very enthusiastic when she gets a chance to interact with them - and they, of course, love her too... or else! Her fear of the unknown can be paralyzing, but she always ends up rising to the occasion, specially when her friends are in danger, causing a hidden protective instinct and a mysterious power of persuasion (“the stare”) to reveal themselves.

TMpfW.png

Pinkie Pie - The Joker
Voiced by Andrea Libman, singing voice by Shannon Chan-Kent
Pinkie Pie defies all explanation. Everybody knows that she loves to party, and is the most social pony in Ponyville, knowing absolutely everyone. But besides that, Pinkie Pie seems to be permanently possessed by sugar rush, showing constant hyperactivity and engaging in wacky hijinks, impromptu singing and seemingly nonsensical behavior that, nevertheless, ALWAYS has a method to it. She is a skilled baker who loves all kinds of sweets and works at the local candy shop, but she'd much rather break the rules of physics and mystify all of her friends, all the while seeming to KNOW something that everyone else doesn't. Her frantic nature means that she sometimes doesn't get taken seriously, and she seems incapable of (or unwilling to) understanding metaphors and figurative speech. Must be seen to be believed.

9e5H4.png

Spike - The Token Male
Voiced by Cathy Weseluck
Despite being only a baby dragon, Spike acts as Twilight's able assistant, living with her at the library and helping her with her research. Providing a much needed male point of view to Ponyville's happenings, Spike is pragmatic and sometimes sarcastic, but extremely loyal to his caretaker. He acts as the means of communication between Twilight and Princess Celestia, sending and receiving messages royal messages via his magical breath. Spike holds a poorly disguised crush on Rarity, and there's little that he wouldn't do to please the white unicorn.

1P3bu.png

Princess Celestia - The Wise Ruler
Voiced by Nicole Oliver
From her throne in the city of Canterlot, Celestia has ruled over Equestria for over 1,000 years, and using her powerful winged unicorn magic, she ensures even the movement of the Sun (and the Moon, in her sister's absence). A kind and dedicated monarch, Celestia is also sometimes seen as having a prankster streak. She’s Twilight Sparkle's mentor, and the one who the purple unicorn must send regular reports to, regarding her findings about friendship. She will often manipulate Twilight Sparkle and her friends in the right direction, but ultimately wants to let them overcome problems on their own.

vfJpy.png
DfJN2.png

Nightmare Moon / Princess Luna - The Sorrowful Heart
Voiced by Tabitha St. Germain
The younger sister of Celestia, Luna used to rule along with her older sister, managing the nights and the movement of the moon. However, her heart grew bitter with time, because of her feeling that her nights were unappreciated by her pony subjects. Corrupted by hatred, Luna became Nightmare Moon, and vowed to make night become eternal. Banned to the moon by Celestia, she stayed there for 1,000 years, and upon her brutal return, only the use of the Elements of Harmony by Twilight Sparkle and her friends was able to stop her plan. Back to her original form, she accepted her sister's forgiveness, and returned to her side to rule once more.

SSCqy.png

The Cutie Mark Crusaders (Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom) - The Kids Next Door
Voiced by Madeline Peters, Claire Corlett and Michelle Creber; Sweetie Belle's singing voice by Michelle Creber
A group of three fillies who unite on their quest to earn their cutie marks, which are the reflection of a pony’s special talent and their purpose in life. From the left, they're Scootaloo, a pegasus with a penchant for extreme sports; Sweetie Belle, the younger sister of Rarity and owner of an amazing voice and musical talent; And Apple Bloom, Applejack's sister and a great builder and fixer. With these descriptions, one would think it would be a breeze for the CMC's to get their cutie marks. However, their obliviousness regarding their own talents is a great part of what makes their unnecessarily elaborate efforts funny (and sometimes frustrating).

Ee7bm.jpg

The PonyGAF Community Thread can be found here.. In the community thread you will find fanart, and other fandom related discussions not directly related to season 2.

Previous Threads:
The Season 1 Thread - See where it all began

Fan community links

MLP:FiM at KnowYourMeme - The barometer for the subculture’s popularity on the web. Lots of interesting facts and figures about the fandom, as well as a repository of pictures and video links. Also has a well made "history of..." for the fandom.
Equestria Daily - The largest fan blog, gathering the most notable fan creations and fan feedback.
MLP:FiM Wikia - The better source for pure information on the show and its characters.

XMSiN.jpg

Q: I’m seeing these ponies all over the Internet, is this some sort of meme that has gotten way out of hand?
A: Not at all. Most of those people you see posting in other forums and everyone in this particular thread truly care about the show and the fan-base that has formed around it.

Q: Isn’t this show for little girls? I remember seeing some old My Little Pony shows in the 80s that had tea and slumber parties that gave me nightmares.
A: I can assure you that those old My Little Pony television shows and movies have almost no relation to FiM aside from the name. Creator Lauren Faust pitched the new show idea as a radical change to the MLP formula that would interest more of the entire family as well as provide a better quality show for those young female viewers.

Q: All right, fine. I’ll watch an episode. I haven’t got anything else to do for the next 20 minutes. What should I watch?
A: The best place to start is really going to be the first episode. When you start watching you may be rolling your eyes at the beginning, but I can almost assure you that you won’t be for very long after that.

Q: So, I watched an episode... and oh my gosh, this show is awesome! Rainbow Dash is a bad-ass and Fluttershy is so adorable. Pinkie Pie is f***ing crazy and Rarity is so fabulous. Thanks for telling me about this show!
A: Welcome to the herd.

daffy

Banned
EviLore said:
I thought my arguments were specious and I needed to lay off the sophistry? I'd sooner delete your account than justify my positions to your satisfaction, personally. You can comply, and complain about policy silently via email or PM if necessary, or go to another website.
Momo said you would post your gluteus maximus in that mod awards thread. I mean is that happening or no. not that I want to see but i mean its something different.

I know you here.

LuffyZoro

DrForester said:
Here's the OP preview. Will put up soon as we get the rule banner made. Also want any suggestions to the rules section, and input on the spoiler rules. I have done trimming to make it more on topic as a season 2 thread.

Looks good, but I think links to the episodes on YouTube should be more prominent.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
I was here thinking that if Derpy had but a single dialogue line in season 2, I would nerdgasm really, really hard. As long as it was something more than an indistinct "muffins", it wouldn't even need to be anything relevant to the plot. Something like "special delivery for miss Twilight Sparkle" would be enough.

If you could choose to have Derpy say a line in S2, what would it be?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
LuffyZoro said:
Looks good, but I think links to the episodes on YouTube should be more prominent.

Youtube linking is generally not allowed on gaf. I kept the ep 1 link in the faqs section because it's been there in past threads without issues. I make mention early on that it is still on youtube, and that Haboro has made no effort to take them down. I think it's best to leave it at that.

Orcastar

Myke Greywolf said:
I was here thinking that if Derpy had but a single dialogue line in season 2, I would nerdgasm really, really hard. As long as it was something more than an indistinct "muffins", it wouldn't even need to be anything relevant to the plot. Something like "special delivery for miss Twilight Sparkle" would be enough.

I would have a scene where Twilight walks into Sugarcube Corner to meet Pinkie. Derpy is there at the counter, inspecting the treats on display. Suddenly she proclaims "These are not muffins, they're cupcakes!", turns around and storms out of the store, leaving Twilight and Pinkie baffled.

jogarrr

Myke Greywolf said:

For some reason Dee Dee's "What does THIS button do?" popped up in my head so I'll go with that.

^Love that Lion King image.
Edit: Just realized that Celestia = Rafiki in that image. :p

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
DrForester said:
Youtube linking is generally not allowed on gaf. I kept the ep 1 link in the faqs section because it's been there in past threads without issues. I make mention early on that it is still on youtube, and that Haboro has made no effort to take them down. I think it's best to leave it at that.

Yeah, obviously while it's not our job to act as copyright enforcement agents for big corporations, copyrighted media can be posted on streaming video sites without any oversight, and only when the copyright holder files a complaint (or has an automated removal system in place) is anything done about it. Just not really appropriate ethically to link to full episodes or movies or whatnot just via the argument that not having been removed from youtube yet constitutes tacit approval.

OMG Aero

Man, you don't realise how much you miss something until it's gone.
DrForester said:
And if we're doing an OT, can someone make me a "rules" section header for it?
How's this?
ffvcS.png

EatChildren said:
Oh.

You're back.
I thought we had a deal EatChildren. We occasionally post human ponies and you look out for us. So much for our protection racket.
Myke Greywolf said:

The best thing that could happen is if one of the main characters (Preferably Twilight) is having a problem with something when Derpy walks on screen, says an incredibly profound or clever sentence that solves the problem then walks away.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
EviLore doesn't seem too keen in explaining his position in detail in this specific instance, because he's explained his position on these things before. I don't think he wants to really repeat himself.

Just right off the bat, EviLore isn't persecuting ponies. So put down the pitchforks.

Basically, EviLore does not like megathreads that form communities. Of any stripe. What tends to happen on this forum is that enormous threads get created about some certain subject and all of the discussion tends to be dominated by some number of people. Whether it's ponies or its Starcraft or its Halo or whatever, these sub-communities form and they're active enough that they can continually occupy spots on the first couple of pages of the forum. Most people just flip right past them and the active posters will (or should) already have the thread stuck in their subscriptions. So it adds bloat to the list of threads.

This is why the Community Forum was created. It consolidates all of these sub-communities into one place so that these threads don't occupy so much space in the Gaming and OT forums.

Now, there's no denying that this is exactly what happened with Pony-GAF. Our thread was super active and it was a permanent fixture on page one of the OT. Haters gonna hate and they're gonna skip the thread and ignore it. Pony-Gaffers are going to have the thread in their subscriptions. So our thread added some bloat to the front page of the OT.

So here's the ultimate issue. If the Community Forum is going to fulfill its purpose, we need to be here. But at the same time, there's a very legitimate argument to be made about why we should also be in the OT for Season 2. So ultimately having two threads is a necessary compromise.

Now if you guys are trying to ensure fairness, comparisons with Anime GAF doesn't work because not only is that a much broader topic, but it also doesn't stay in the front page. If you really want to make sure we're treated fairly, you should be asking why Sports-GAF, Poli-GAF, and K-Pop GAF aren't moved to Community.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
DrForester said:
Oooh, that might be better than waiting for a NMM one...

But Pancakes said he wanted a go at it, so I'll at least wait till he posts his and I'll pick one.

Here ya go.

NLJcu.png

I like the guard one as well but it's your call.

Narag

Police Pony is best pony.

ZealousD said:
Now if you guys are trying to ensure fairness, comparisons with Anime GAF doesn't work because not only is that a much broader topic, but it also doesn't stay in the front page. If you really want to make sure we're treated fairly, you should be asking why Sports-GAF, Poli-GAF, and K-Pop GAF aren't moved to Community.

Or we could just drop it and stop attempting to affect other sub-communities in the pursuit of 'fairness'.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Narag said:
Or we could just drop it and stop attempting to affect other sub-communities in the pursuit of 'fairness'.

Seriously guys.

What's done is done. We're still in the OT, so just move on.

OMG Aero

DrForester said:
I'm kind of confused by the spoiler policy in that thread. I don't think any other thread actively allows spoilers that aren't black barred before the actual game/movie/episode is even out.
Granted this may only effect the first two episodes if after that the series reverts to slice of life style, but it seems like (Judging by the IRC at least) that most people won't even be able to use that thread until after the episode airs.

Neki

Myke Greywolf said:
Better luck this time, good doctor. You are not going to see me there. Unlike actual ponies, I do not appreciate keeping on my toes all the time.
aw. don't worry, I'll keep up the story discussion in your heed!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
OMG Aero said:
I'm kind of confused by the spoiler policy in that thread. I don't think any other thread actively allows spoilers that aren't black barred before the actual game/movie/episode is even out.
Granted this may only effect the first two episodes if after that the series reverts to slice of life style, but it seems like (Judging by the IRC at least) that most people won't even be able to use that thread until after the episode airs.

I really only expect it to apply to episode 1 and 2 because 2's description gives away ep 1.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Narag said:

Perhaps "enforcing fairness" isn't the term I should have used.

But I do think there should be consistency in how sub-communities are handled on this forum. I don't think the point of the Community Forum was really all that well communicated when it was created, and it seems there's still a fair amount of confusion about how its being used now.

There's always been that sentiment that we were "banished" to the Community Forum. And I think many of the other sub-communities on GAF have felt that way in the past too. I don't think the Community Forum should feel like some sort of place where our sub-communities feel ostrichized or pushed aside.

Jintor

But here's the rub; I don't give a shit

ultimately it's just oh where's-my-thread-oh-there's-my-thread everyone's-still-posting awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom