• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Photography Challenge Thread #131: Greenspace

Status
Not open for further replies.
TOP9j.png

Cjqy1.png

Greenspace

Submissions are due by Sunday, 23rd of September by 11:55 PM.

t1348444500z0.png

Voting begins immediately after, and ends on Wednesday, 26th of September by 11:55 PM.

t1348703700z0.png

MAvAA.png

1. The theme can be interpreted as you see fit, but keep in mind others will be judging based on whatever criteria they see fit.

2. Only one photo per person, per assignment.

• Photos must be taken during the assignment period.
  • Only photos to be posted in this thread are to be submissions.
  • You can change your submission by editing your post.
  • To avoid cluttering up the thread, please avoid quoting images.
  • Photos posted in assignment thread should be no larger than 1024 pixels on the long edge. You may include a link to a higher resolution version.
3. One vote for your first choice (3 points) and one vote for your runner-up (1 point), which can be based on any criteria you see fit. You cannot vote for your own submission. Non-participants are also welcome to vote. Criticism/comments encouraged.

4. The "winner" should come up with a new theme/time period. Ties are broken first by the number of first choice votes, then by longest time since last win start, then by longest amount of time participating in assignment threads.

5. Have fun!

pcjLQ.png

uw3bQ.png

GAF Photography Challenge FAQ

Previous topics and frequently asked questions regarding the challenge.

GAF Photography Q3 - 2012

General photography thread.

Xun

Good to see the new thread up!

Since I've been using my camera more recently, I'll get something in soon.

Xun

I'm surprised no one has entered yet.

I'll get mine taken when I return home on Wednesday.

Thraktor

I'm surprised no one has entered yet.

I'll get mine taken when I return home on Wednesday.

I should have an entry as soon as my film is back from the lab (providing what I was trying to do worked at all, if not I'll be out with my DSLR before the end if the week).

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I don't see a point of entering until the last day because there is always a chance that I can do better. I have one photo ready in case this chance fails to materialize.

Xun

I don't see a point of entering until the last day because there is always a chance that I can do better. I have one photo ready in case this chance fails to materialize.
There's no reason why you can't just submit it, and then change it after. :)

Also here's my temporary submission:

Afrjl.jpg

It's a bit boring, but I just wanted to get at least something entered into this thread for the time being.

DD

Afrjl.jpg

It's a bit boring, but I just wanted to get at least something entered into this thread for the time being.

If you crop a little, it will look really nice.

Lumix

Camera: Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5
Exposure: 0.008 sec (1/125)
Aperture: f/6.3
Focal Length: 5.1mm (24mm on 35mm equivalent)
ISO Speed: 125

Good to see the number of entries is picking up. I won't have my shot up until the end of the week when I can get up early enough to retake a shot I am attempting.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick

NEX 5N
50mm (Canon FD 50mm f/1.8)
f/2.8
ISO400

*The possible definition of 'greenspace' is interesting though and I would like to see some play off this too...

Definition: a plot of undeveloped land separating or surrounding areas of intensive residential or industrial use that is maintained for recreational enjoyment

Damaged

Okay, back home from Japan with a major case of jetlag, This is a stopgap entry in case I forget / fall asleep / don't edit any more pictures

Alrighty, here we go. Didn't have an opportunity to get my entry in since I needed to rebuild my NAS before firing Lightroom up again, but oh well. I'll toss it in the Q3/Q4 image thread when I can.

Afrjl.jpg

4.jpg

Camera Canon EOS 5D
Lens Canon 50mm f/1.8
Focal Length 50mm
Shutter Speed 1/125 sec
Aperture f/22
ISO/Film 400

View larger

Love how greenery finds spaces between man made objects:
7984759112_f8364d37c6_c.jpg

Camera: Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5
Exposure: 0.008 sec (1/125)
Aperture: f/6.3
Focal Length: 5.1mm (24mm on 35mm equivalent)
ISO Speed: 125

Nikon D7000
12mm
f/11.0
ISO 640
3 exposures (1/100s, 1/200s, 1/50s)

Really cool pic, Pringles! Remind me of the Stalker series, heh.

Greenspace por Daniel Sardi, no Flickr

ok, let's put it here

13 by subversus1, on Flickr

*The possible definition of 'greenspace' is interesting though and I would like to see some play off this too...

Something a little different:

greenspaces2.jpg

Canon QL17 and Ilford HP5.

The leaves are beginning to turn here. So this is all the green we get.

ilvF6x2IoDJsd.jpg

Nikon D300 @ 400-ISO with Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 @ F/3.5

Okay, back home from Japan with a major case of jetlag, This is a stopgap entry in case I forget / fall asleep / don't edit any more pictures

place holder... ill see if i can come up with something else by tomorrow

DSC00922-Edit by bitmipsyndicate, on Flickr

Whoops, good thing you posted the reminder, I somehow remembered the voting deadline as the submission deadline.

Anyway:
2qOJ5.jpg

Very last minute idea:
8017627152_b14f9fd63f_o.jpg

Vote away!

pringles

1) Thraktor - I like the b&w and the contrast of natural and manmade.
2) Aidan - stunning landscape

HM:
Guess - awesome idea, I just wish the phone's screen was brighter/clearer and I think you could have positioned yourself in a more 'interesting' location.

Subversus - cool motion-blur on the birds, nice composition. Almost got a vote from me.

RayStorm

1) pringles - has a slight surreal quality to it.
2) Jasoneyu - I was actually thinking about doing something similar, so props for that. I also like the way the picture cam out.

HM (not in order):
guess - for the idea, but I agree with pringles about screen and location. Ideally I think you would've positioned yourself in the greenspace that's pictured on the phone.

Subversus - again I second pringles thoughts.

Aguila - love the contrast

Lumix - If only the colours would pop a bit more and the depth of field was a bit shallower. Really like the angle and the tree as such.

DD - nice pattern

Thraktor - I probably would have preferred a bit more colour, perhaps a single tree in colour or along those lines.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
forgot to comment

1)Guess - I like the idea
2)pixelated - dat DOF

Blue Tsunami - very nice composition
Lumix - I like composition here too but I wish colours were more saturated

1-Pringles

2-Aidan

Loving the number of entries we've seen for this and last challenge. I hope it continues!

Striking landscapes from pringles and aidan. Was hard to choose b/w the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom