• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Renegade Kid to show off 3DS FPS [Up: preview on Jan. 24th]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nilaul

Message from Jools:

55aRNGH.png

Shun

Tokyo Jungle for Nintendo Wii U.

Like Nintendogs, but for the hardcore gamer.

Edit: They changed the title, I wonder if this game will be fun. Portable FPS games haven't been working. Third Person Shooters work a lot better.

Amir0x

Banned
Chances of a Wii U redesign/rebranding?

After Holiday just ended? I'm not so sure they think that'd be smart, but who knows. With how things have been going, soon anything is on the table I'm sure. Will be exciting to see what bold steps Nintendo takes.

I hope the January Direct showcases Nintendo being bold and daring.

Since I've made this prediction for every single Direct...

Iwata steps in to view of camera.

"We bought Sega"

*Cue Sizzle Reel of Jet Grind Radio, Skies of Arcadia 2, Shenmue 3, Persona 5*

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Nice to see Meelow's still about..
But yeah, I'd expect to see a Direct at the tail end of the month, a day or two before / after the financial results.

Ashodin

I will let you know that Nintendo has contacted me to provide video/screenshots recently for APEXICON, but they did not say it was for any specific event.

Still, it would be awesome to have something shown at the end of January! :)

Tripon

I will let you know that Nintendo has contacted me to provide video/screenshots recently for APEXICON, but they did not say it was for any specific event.

Hype get!

Does it star Fucking Cranky Kong? Day negative 0 if so! ;)

Jarate

Banned
Moon was honestly one of my favorite DS games

Hopefully they come out with a good FPS, with circle pad pro support

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Man, I'm so fucking ready for some mobile-ass horror on my 3ds! I hope we get ahold of that Cult County demo.

Tripon

Rebranding won't happen... Nintendo not only hasn't felt the need to rebrand any hardware ever, but further doubled down when they released the 2DS when it comes to confusing name brands.
Vita means life.
Edit: name branding is only as dumb as the marketing around it. Apple gets to name everything I whatever because they beat it with you from every side.

Nilaul

Vita means life.
Edit: name branding is only as dumb as the marketing around it. Apple gets to name everything I whatever because they beat it with you from every side.

Hey It doesnt get much simpler then Iphone 1, Iphone 2, Iphone 3, Iphone 4.

Just tweeted Shinen and asked them if there going to reveal there new games at the end of this month in a press event.

Tripon

Hey It doesnt get much simpler then Iphone 1, Iphone 2, Iphone 3, Iphone 4.

Just tweeted Shinen and asked them if there going to reveal there new games at the end of this month in a press event.
IPad, iPad mini, iPad air, etc.

Their work on the 3DS has been far from impressive. ATV Wild Ride 3D actually looked WORSE than the DS version (when you consider that it runs at half the framerate).

Wow :/

I was always impressed by what they were able to do on the DS's hardware with their games, even if I didn't think they were great games. Sad to hear they aren't delivering so far on 3DS.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I honestly believe the 3DS can rock an FPS pretty damn well, just no one is interested in investing time sadly...

Kimppis

Just finished Moon like an hour ago and I thought it was OK, so this sounds interesting. I liked the touch screen aiming. Technically impressive too, very smooth. The recycling of bosses and other assets was pretty ridiculous, though. But yeah, overall it was fun. Now I just have to play the Dementium games someday...

I just don't get why more games don't utilize the touch screen for camera control or aiming. Huge potential for FPS games especially.

Riki

So a Nintendo Direct on Friday then? Or are all these indie developers just deciding to show off stuff for Nintendo platforms at the same time separately?

Rubixcuba

Banned
Incoming Direct !

Edit: Would be hoping the Direct would be Wii U focused like last year, but some new games for the 3DS would be pretty sweet.

Tenki

I hope he shows the game in a indie section of the upcoming Direct, along with FAST Neo and some more indies :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom