• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for December 2013 [Up2: Xbox One/360 HW, 3DS top system of year]

Wow MH3U did great on 3DS and the Wii U versions adds some more sales. It'll be interesting if they can grow the market with MH4 to 300-400k. That would be very solid.

You keep clinging to that notion and we'll chat again in 3 months after Titanfall. I don't see the PS4 supply issues getting any better.

It's out on PC, and 360... unless MS all out lies and markets it as a XBO only game I don't see it pushing too many XBO sales. There will be a bump... but not as much as if it was exclusive to XBO. It'll sell mostly on 360 then PC, and lastly XBO.

Tripon

FE ~ 370k
Sly PSV ~ 67k
EO4 ~ 36k
Brain age ~ 26k
Dark moon ~ 1M+
MH3U ~ 224k
SS ~ 72K
LEGO 3DS ~ 365k
DS:SH ~ 36k
DKCR ~ 386k
ACNL ~ 910k
X zone ~ 87k
SMT4 ~ 96k
M&L ~ 472k
KZ:M ~ 102k
RF4 ~ 47k
Rayman PSV ~ 20k
Sonic 3DS ~ 97k
Party ~ 252k

All above LTDs didn't count bundle, but count special ed.

Mario Party sold over 250K? THAT GAME HAD NO HYPE AND RELEASED ON THE SAME DAY AS 3D WORLD, ZELDA, AND XBOX ONE.

WHO BOUGHT THIS GAME? My mind has actually been blown. Totally thought it just bombed.

Triton55

Luigi's Mansion might just become serialized with those numbers. The first one also did quite well. Wouldn't be surprised to see the HD version rumors come true.

Exile20

Minecraft retail is insane.

GoW Judgment bombed hard.

Hopefully Minecraft injects some more life into the Wii U. Miiverse features, gamepad item management and maybe some Nintendo product placement, I think it can sell a lot.

Minecraft bubble, please don't burst yet.

Us=world

We already know beyond is already over a million worldwide.

Yes I know that. I'm thinking it's going to sell less than Heavy Rain when it's all said and done. I'd classify Beyond as a sales and critical flop, and hopefully Sony does not buy them as was being speculated in the past.

EDIT: I'd like to clarify that as Beyond PS3 < Heavy Rain because I remember there being a rumor about Beyond being ported to PS4.

FE ~ 370k
Sly PSV ~ 67k
EO4 ~ 36k
Brain age ~ 26k
Dark moon ~ 1M+
MH3U ~ 224k
SS ~ 72K
LEGO 3DS ~ 365k
DKCR ~ 386k
ACNL ~ 910k
X zone ~ 87k
SMT4 ~ 96k
M&L ~ 472k
RF4 ~ 47k
Rayman PSV ~ 20k
Sonic 3DS ~ 97k
Party ~ 252k

Can someone clarify what all the games are in here? I'm not familiar with all the acronyms

Although mercenaries did better than I would expect

You keep clinging to that notion and we'll chat again in 3 months after Titanfall. I don't see the PS4 supply issues getting any better.

I honestly cant for this game to come out...so people can stop saying "wait for titanfall" its as annoying as "Wait for Pikmin/WW/3DWORLD" was last year.

No consoles fortunes are changed over the strength of a single ip. Lucky for microsoft, the Xbox one isnt in a bad way anyway.

You realize supply issues aren't exactly a bad indicator, right?

I think regardless of supply issues, we'll see PS4 higher than Xbox One in whatever month Titanfall releases. I think it's already largely built into the demand curve and will not provide a significant boost at release. Those who are excited by it have (or are finding) reasons to buy Xbox One now.

MORE OF YOU PEOPLE NEED TO BUY EO4 ON YOUR 3DS', MAN!

and wow..DKC outselling FE...

yeah but you see, bundles and:

That brings Fire Emblem at 500k in USA with digital sales from Nintendo :)

So happy!

Mario Party did good considering and again congrats to Next Level Games, LGM2 is such a great game!

now I want an update to that WW sales tracking of Awakening from the Media Create thread, wonder if it hit 1.5 million yet

jnWake

Mario Party sold over 250K? THAT GAME HAD NO HYPE AND RELEASED ON THE SAME DAY AS 3D WORLD, ZELDA, AND XBOX ONE.

WHO BOUGHT THIS GAME? My mind has actually been blown. Totally thought it just bombed.

It could also be Wii Party U, and that would be even more mindblowing.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
FE ~ 370k
Sly PSV ~ 67k
EO4 ~ 36k
Brain age ~ 26k
Dark moon ~ 1M+
MH3U ~ 224k
SS ~ 72K
LEGO 3DS ~ 365k
DKCR ~ 386k
ACNL ~ 910k
X zone ~ 87k
SMT4 ~ 96k
M&L ~ 472k
RF4 ~ 47k
Rayman PSV ~ 20k
Sonic 3DS ~ 97k
Party ~ 252k

Woah, is that Mario Party 3DS doing 252K? The game just seemed to kinda come and go so that's a lot better than I expected. I have no idea on the sales history of the series though.

donny2112

surprised we haven't been filled with cream yet

If you keep talking like that, ThunderMonkey will appear!

You assume too much.

I do not believe those shots will leave the US though so I think Sony are ok.

Sony, post sales numbers if you are okay! *crickets*

I guess we'll never know...

Still no PR for Nintendo....

They released PR yesterday. When they do that, you know they're not going to on NPD day.

They used to do individual SKUs at that point.

Those were known as the good 'ole days...

Richie

With 49K LTD for TW101 in the USA and horrible numbers in Japan, I hope Nintendo still has faith in Platinum and will release Bayonetta 2 according to plan.

Dunno how the world of business works, but it'd be rather dickish of Nintendo to scrap their partnership with Platinum after they did jack to properly promote the game, first removing it from what would have been its E3 introduction (in favor of a GT reveal that did more harm than good) and then only using Directs for it. If Mario itself isn't lighting the charts on fire I don't think they've got anyone to blame but themselves.

On topic, creamsugar is truly a hero of the NPD. Very, very appreciated man, keep 'em coming please!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Random ltd
Rayman
WiiU ~ 88k
360 ~ 42k
PS3 ~ 30k
Do you guys think the delay and porting costs for 360/PS3 were worth it?

I'm not sure how many sales they lost via delay vs how many they gained by porting, and how much the ports raised the budget.

Only 49k for w101 :( why aren't people buying this amazing game!
It's a niche game on a poorly selling console.

When people buy Nintendo systems, they look for the boxes with Mario on them.

Arzehn

FE ~ 370k
Sly PSV ~ 67k
EO4 ~ 36k
Brain age ~ 26k
Dark moon ~ 1M+
MH3U ~ 224k
SS ~ 72K
LEGO 3DS ~ 365k
DKCR ~ 386k
ACNL ~ 910k
X zone ~ 87k
SMT4 ~ 96k
M&L ~ 472k
RF4 ~ 47k
Rayman PSV ~ 20k
Sonic 3DS ~ 97k
Party ~ 252k

Soul Sacrifice sold more than I thought it would.

Drago

Is Fire Emblem Awakening now the best selling FE game worldwide? Retail/Digital numbers for Japan and North America combined have to be 1 million+ by now, and that's completely ignoring Europe

Slermy

Can someone clarify what all the games are in here? I'm not familiar with all the acronyms

Fire Emblem: Awakening FE ~ 370k
Sly Cooper PSV ~ 67k
Etrian Odyssey 4 ~ 36k
Brain age ~ 26k
Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark moon ~ 1M+
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate ~ 224k
Soul Sacrifice ~ 72K
LEGO City 3DS ~ 365k
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers ~ 36k
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D ~ 386k
Animal Crossing: New Leave ~ 910k
Project X zone ~ 87k
Shin Megami Tensei IV ~ 96k
Mario & Luigi ~ 472k
Killzone: Mercenaries ~ 102k
Rune Factory 4 ~ 47k
Rayman Legends PSV ~ 20k
Sonic Lost Worlds 3DS ~ 97k
Mario Party ~ 252k

Sandfox

Mario Party is a big selling IP and it would have potential to sell a lot more if it wasn't crap(from what I've read).

DaBoss

FE ~ 370k
Sly PSV ~ 67k
EO4 ~ 36k
Brain age ~ 26k
Dark moon ~ 1M+
MH3U ~ 224k
SS ~ 72K
LEGO 3DS ~ 365k
DKCR ~ 386k
ACNL ~ 910k
X zone ~ 87k
SMT4 ~ 96k
M&L ~ 472k
RF4 ~ 47k
Rayman PSV ~ 20k
Sonic 3DS ~ 97k
Party ~ 252k

Fire Emblem: Awakening
Sly Cooper Thieves in Time
Etrian Odyssey 4
Brain Age: Concentration Training
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Soul Sacrifice
Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins
Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Project X Zone
Shin Megami Tensei 4
Mario & Luigi Dream Team
Killzone Mercenary
Rune Factory 4
Rayman Legends
Sonic Lost Worlds
Mario Party: Island Tour

Sly Cooper PSV ~ 67k
Etrian Odyssey 4 ~ 36k
Brain age ~ 26k
Soul Sacrifice ~ 72K
LEGO City 3DS ~ 365k
???DS:SH ~ 36k
Project X zone ~ 87k
Mario & Luigi ~ 472k
Rune Factory 4 ~ 47k
Rayman Legends PSV ~ 20k
Mario Party ~ 252k

Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers

Is Fire Emblem Awakening now the best selling FE game worldwide? Retail/Digital numbers for Japan and North America combined have to be 1 million+ by now, and that's completely ignoring Europe

easily, no other game had broken a million before (I believe Awakening did by September 2013? if not earlier)

Sly Cooper PSV ~ 67k
Etrian Odyssey 4 ~ 36k
Brain age ~ 26k
Soul Sacrifice ~ 72K
LEGO City 3DS ~ 365k
???DS:SH ~ 36k
Project X zone ~ 87k
Mario & Luigi ~ 472k
Rune Factory 4 ~ 47k
Rayman Legends PSV ~ 20k
Mario Party ~ 252k

SMT Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers

Mario Party is a big selling IP and it would have potential to sell a lot more if it wasn't crap(from what I've read).

How do the Mario Party games on the portables do, anyway? (I've always thought that franchise was kind of pointless on a portable system..but what do I know x.x)

I think NPD count as different SKU X and Y.
Combined I think Pokemon is far above the retail version of Minecraft on 360.

I think someone posted way at the beginning of this thread that, combined, X/Y was 3.7m (not sure if that's worldwide or not...probably WW numbers)

Celine

man the market has changed so much ..where something like minecraft is more popular than pokemon, etc..shit pokemon didn't even chart
I think NPD count as different SKU X and Y.
Combined I think Pokemon is far above the retail version of Minecraft on 360.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Hm, so how does this 908k add to MS claims for 'more than 3 m consoles sold in 2013'? With quick calculation this means over 600k sold in other 10 countries (took out US, UK and Germany)

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Man those are some huge differences in 3rd party sales between PS4 and XB1. The NFS one is really crazy, not having any racing games on the PS4 (while the XB1 had Forza) really did EA a huge favor there.

rpmurphy

Acronyms:
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Etrian Odyssey 4
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Soul Sacrifice
Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Shin Megami Tensei 4
Mario & Luigi
Killzone: Mercenaries
Rune Factory 4

Anth0ny

Random ltd

Sonic LW ~ 82k
101 ~ 49k
Pikmin3 ~ 210k
Wario ~ 36k
MH3U ~ 93k
LEGO city ~ 242k

Those W101 numbers are a fucking travesty. How the hell did Lego sell so much? More than Pikmin, even? Jesus.

Rayman
WiiU ~ 88k
360 ~ 42k
PS3 ~ 30k

Crazy. Didn't expect that number to be so high for Wii U. I for one would have purchased the game for Wii U if it wasn't delayed. Instead, I had other things to play during it's week of release. Like, you know, GTA V.

FE ~ 370k
Sly PSV ~ 67k
EO4 ~ 36k
Brain age ~ 26k
Dark moon ~ 1M+
MH3U ~ 224k
SS ~ 72K
LEGO 3DS ~ 365k
DKCR ~ 386k
ACNL ~ 910k
X zone ~ 87k
SMT4 ~ 96k
M&L ~ 472k
RF4 ~ 47k
Rayman PSV ~ 20k
Sonic 3DS ~ 97k
Party ~ 252k

they should go ahead and put Brain Age out on ios at this point for 99 cents. There isn't a chance in fuck people are going to pay $40 for a game like that on a dedicated gaming handheld in this day and age. What's the drop off between Brain Age DS and 3DS? LOL

Also, FUCK YEAH FIRE EMBLEM, FUCK YEAH ANIMAL CROSSING, FUCK YEAH LUIGI, FUCK YEAH MONSTER HUNTER ^_^

All right all right, I'll share. :p

480K < Wii U < 482K

Best month ever.

Still dead.

January is going to be painfully bad if January 2013 is anything to go by...

Top Bottom