• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 controller to be supported for PC in Titanfall

MCD

http://www.titanfall-community.com/...ller-to-be-supported-for-pc-in-titanfall.216/

I know that most of you are going to go the route of keyboard & mouse, but I'm glad to see that Titanfall will support the Xbox One controller for those that want it. I love seeing multiple options for players, because everyone is different!

zhOfyYo.jpg

This could be the ETA for the drivers.

EDIT:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=98850003&postcount=57

Correction: Turns out this was a mistake on Respawn's part, according to a spokesperson. In an updated tweet, and a follow up with Polygon, a Respawn spokesperson said they meant it would support the Xbox 360 controller, not the Xbox One controller.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/29/5357676/titanfall-xbox-one-controller-windows-pc

antitrop

The Respawn twitter also confirmed that the using a controller on PC will have some bit of auto-aim with it, if that's your thing, I guess.

I'll be Mouse/Keyboard all the way.

Tablo

Awesome, speaking of which when can we expect official support on PC for the XB1 controller so I can start using that instead of the X360 pad?

Nabs

The Respawn twitter also confirmed that the using a controller on PC will have some bit of auto-aim with it, if that's your thing, I guess.

I'll be Mouse/Keyboard all the way.

Weird. I thought they said there was no auto-aim (a while back). I hope it's not too strong. Anyone remember Crysis 2 before they patched it out? Lolololol.

I'm wondering what Titanfall will run like on my 2500k/570/12GB

I'm reallllly contemplating going PC with this one, but I own an Xbox One so it seems counter-intuitive.

I also wonder what the player base will be like in terms of populations. I might just wait and see how it all pans out instead of jumping in on day one.

antitrop

Weird. I thought they said there was no auto-aim (a while back). I hope it's not too strong. Anyone remember Crysis 2 before they patched it out? Lolololol.

It's not surprising that using a controller on PC will bring auto-aim with it, that's what they've been demoing the game with since E3 last year.

Chettlar

Banned
Are the drivers enough? We don't need a dongle like the 360 controller?

You have to connect it through a USB cable. There is currently no way to connect it wirelessly to your PC. :( The only way that is physically possible is through a dongle, since otherwise you have nothing to receive the controller's signal. An Xbox One doesn't need a dongle because the receive is already built into the machine.

Tagyhag

Oh man, Halo 2 Vista was the worst offender, if your reticule so much as got close to a body, it would automatically lock into their heads until you killed them.

I do hope this means we get the drivers eventually. The DS4 is fantastic but I want to use the X1 controller for all my PC games except fighting and Dark Souls 2.

Duxxy3

This is kind of pointless as long as kb/m players are allowed in the same games as controller players.

antitrop

I'm wondering what Titanfall will run like on my 2500k/570/12GB

I'm reallllly contemplating going PC with this one, but I own an Xbox One so it seems counter-intuitive.

I think that setup will still be able to give you 1080p/60fps, if you turn some settings down. Still seems like an upgrade over the supposed 720p/60fps (with probable drops) on the One.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Autoaim for controller players. Can't wait for somebody to hack around that and add it to the mouse look.

Well it at least confirms drivers should be out sometime soon.

Birbo

I'm torn between prettier PC version and getting my arse handed to me because I can't play KB/M style, or downgraded 360 version and a level playing field.

MDSLKTR

I loved the 5 minutes I spend playing forza with it so I will buy it so fucking fast. My 360 sticks and triggers are showing they age and the DS4 has too many problems on at the moment for me (plus I like consistency with the buttons icons).

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

Hell yeah.

This has singlehandedly made me decide to get the game on PC.

Can't wait to rek KB/M users who can't into situational awareness and will blame their deaths on map design, spawns, campers, broken guns, or what have you.

Mrbob

Good luck to all your Xbox controller players.

I hope there is native Steam controller support when it is out. A controller that might be able to compete with mouse/key.

Autoaim for controller players. Can't wait for somebody to hack around that and add it to the mouse look.

Ugh, so true. Over/under days after launch until auto aim is patched out: 14

danmaku

Is there a cable version of the X1 controller? Or is it wireless only? I'd like to try it, but I hate dealing with batteries.

kudoboi

Dude.. they'll have better hacks than that before public beta. The amount of cheating on pc fps is staggering.

that's why most PC servers have server-side scripts/ plug-ins like vote kicking and tons of moderators. ironically, i just found out titanfall on PC won't have community hosted dedicated servers.

Mrbob

that's why most PC servers have server-side scripts/ plug-ins like vote kicking and tons of moderators. ironically, i just found out titanfall on PC won't have community hosted dedicated servers.

You can only have a pristine experience through Microsoft controlled Azure servers. Meh. This is a worse decision than supporting Origin. I don't want console restrictions on my PC game.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Nice. Though I actually think the Xbox One controller is a step down from the 360 controller.

Can I sync my Xbox One controller using my 360 dongle? How would you go about using a XBO controller on PC otherwise?

I think I am sold on the PC version. Feb 14th will tell.

people use controllers in FPS if they don't care about their performance or if they play with friends from the couch. more serious players will dominate them with keyboard and mouse.

jem0208

Nice. Though I actually think the Xbox One controller is a step down from the 360 controller.

Can I sync my Xbox One controller using my 360 dongle? How would you go about using a XBO controller on PC otherwise?

You can use any micro-usb cable and it'll send the data down the wire.

BigDug13

Use the 360 controller then. I doubt it would "only" support the XBO controller.

Miker

I don't know much about the Xbone and its controller, but here are some random thoughts about it working on PC:

1) There's no actual wired version of the Xbone controller (yet). Googling around, it seems that it has a microUSB port to USB cable that effectively makes it a wired controller, which I guess is how it'll work over "wired."

2) For wireless support, Microsoft would probably have to release a new dongle. I can't see the current 360 PC wireless dongle working with Xbone controllers.

Top Bottom