• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Nintendo now live! (Europe)

Link_enfant

Being able to finally buy digital games from the official website in Europe really is a bliss.
My Nintendo is cool too, though I'm still not sure if I should get the exclusive 3DS themes (Mario & DK) for 200 platinum points each.
If anyone got them, what's the background music for each theme?

Also another question that might have already been asked but well: is it planned that eShop purchases made before the launch of My Nintendo give you some gold points eventually? Even if not at the same ratio, that'd be nice

redcrayon

Just got a mail from Nintendo (newsletter) with a 200 points code in it :)
I just got that too, up to 630 platinum points for not doing much at all :) Seems like a pretty cool way to get you to actually read their promotional emails, the code was right at the bottom (albeit mentioned in the subject line).

I like the way that there are some 20% off rewards available with the platinum points you get for just toying around with their sites, it's not just the gold points you get with purchases that offer discounts on software.

Maybe I'm being a bit foolish, but I'm still finding the links between my NNID on my 3DS/WiiU, the difference in their shop layouts, the new Nintendo account that binds everything together, the 'mynintendo' rewards site and the official site/store a little complex. I suppose it was always going to be so during the changeover, and will be simplified when the older NNIDs aren't used on NX going forward.

Doesn't help that I've always found the 3DS store to be a bit of a mess with its odd groupings and classifications of games anyway.

They tell you on the game's page now exactly how many gold coins you'll get.

E3O4HyN.png

I didn't see anything like that on the US website when I was looking at a game.

Chopper

I am not happy with the stylus controls in Twilight Princess Picross. Why are they toggling on and off whenever I let go of a direction?!

zsidane

Sorry I haven't read everything but if you have restricted the access to buying games in your Wii U, you can't buy games from the website.

Come on Nintendo, At least ask me what's the code...

maxcriden

I think I figured out why the game upgrade fees (apart from the games on sale that register for MyN points at their regular price, despite what Nintendo said about this, as Moon pointed out--so that could still end up being "corrected" by Nintendo) are giving points. That is because, as with the games on sale, the upgrade is "charging" through Nintendo as whatever the price of the full game is, and you are essentially being discounted to the upgrade fee. So if you get an SNES game (you may not want to upgrade an NES or N64 game for the trade-off of the darkened game some report vs. save states and Wii U VC functionality) upgraded, you should get 10 coins. This is the cheapest way to get 10 coins and apart from a game on sale that regularly costs $5 or more, this is the only way to get 10 (or any) coins for less than $5.

So, if you have SNES games you want to upgrade, go for it on Wii U.

(this goes for NOA region only but likely applies to other regions as well. I just bought Murasame for $4.99 and got no points so I can confirm you won't get points for a regularly priced sub-$5 game.)

Rodin

The fact that Shantae Risky's Revenge for Wii U gives you 10 gold coins instead of 20 because it's 9.99€ instead of 10€ is soooooo annoying.

maxcriden

My Nintendo Value Breakdown & Tips: Part 3

Pt. 1: http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=199769428&postcount=20
Pt. 2: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=199843474&postcount=400

Just out of mild interest, I thought I'd do a breakdown of what the relative value between rewards is. I'm excluding Miitomo rewards from this. And themes, since you can get those by practically accidentally clicking a couple times on the site. :p

Lower points spent per dollar = higher value.

Discounts (Plat)

15% Discount on The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (Wii U) - $7.35 value @ 750 point cost. You're spending 102 points per dollar.

15% Discount on Yoshi's Woolly World (Wii U) - $7.35 value @ 750 point cost. You're spending 102 points per dollar.

15% Discount on The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS) - $6 value @ 600 point cost. You're spending 100 points per dollar.

15% Discount on Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS) - $4.5 value @ 450 point cost. You're spending 100 points per dollar.

15% Discount on Super Mario 3D Land (3DS) - $4.5 value @ 450 point cost. You're spending 100 points per dollar.

Games (Plat)

My Nintendo Picross: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (3DS) - $6 value @ 1000 point cost. You're spending 167 points per dollar.

Wario Ware: Touched! - $10 value (based on DS VC prices on Wii U - this is the only DS retail game on 3DS) @ 1000 point cost. You're spending 100 points per dollar.

--

Discounts (Gold)

30% Discount on Splatoon (Wii U) - $18 value @ 140 point cost. You're spending 7.8 points per dollar.

30% Discount on Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Wii U) - $12 value @ 100 point cost. You're spending 8.3 points per dollar.

30% Discount on The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS) - $12 value @ 100 point cost. You're spending 8.3 points per dollar.

30% Discount on Ultimate NES Remix (3DS) - $9 value @ 70 point cost. You're spending 7.8 points per dollar.

30% Discount on Punch-Out!! (Wii via Wii U) - $6 value @ 50 points. You're spending 8.3 points per dollar.

Games (Gold)

Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii via Wii U) - $20 value @ 230 points. You're spending 11.5 points per dollar.

Super Mario 64 (N64 via Wii U VC) - $10 value @ 90 points. You're spending 10 points per dollar.

New Super Mario Bros. U DLC: New Super Luigi U (REQUIRES NSMBU, is not separate) (Wii U) - $20 value @ 170 points. You're spending 8.5 points per dollar.

Pikmin 3 Mission Mode DLC Map Pack 2: Battle Enemies Stages 7-10 (Wii U) - $2 value @ 20 points. You're spending 10 points per dollar.

Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (3DS VC) - $4 value @ 35 points. You're spending 8.75 points per dollar.

Metroid Fusion (GBA via Wii U VC) $8 value @ 60 points. You're spending 7.5 points per dollar.

Super Punch-Out!! (SNES via Wii U VC) - $8 value @ 70 points. You're spending 8.75 points per dollar.

--

Conclusions

A couple take-aways from this. The point values for the Gold are of course much lower. This is because the points themselves are much pricier to come by (vs. the Plat points which are free). So anything you can get from the Plat points essentially constitutes free money/digital goods. If for some reason you need to ration the Plat points, WWT is a much better deal than TP Picross.

With regards to the Gold points, bear in mind that 1 gold point may cost you anywhere from 50 cents to 1 dollar. DKCR is the worst value per points spent (11.5 ppd) *and* it costs $230 spent to get the coins it costs you to get the game, whereas Metroid Fusion is the best value per points spent (7.5 ppd) *and* at up to $60 spent to get the coins it costs you to get the game.

If I've messed up any of this math, please don't hesitate to correct me. Thank you.

kulapik

Weekly missions restart on Mondays, it's already Monday where I am and the weekly My Nintendo coin was waiting for me

ecosse_011172

I'd like to get the 40% off of Xenoblade Chronicles X but I've no idea how to save the points/coins/whatever up.
I'm from the UK and have a UK account but I live in Switzerland so can't download miitopia as it's not in the Apple Store here.

Any ideas?

I'd like to get the 40% off of Xenoblade Chronicles X but I've no idea how to save the points/coins/whatever up.
I'm from the UK and have a UK account but I live in Switzerland so can't download miitopia as it's not in the Apple Store here.

Any ideas?

The 40% off Xenoblad Chronicles X is paid for by Gold Coins. You only get Gold Coins as a reward for buying games digitally.

Top Bottom