• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam, PSN, eShop +more $100 gift cards for $85

Time to stock up for the Steam sale. Via Slickdeals.
Best Buy via eBay.com currently is offering $15 Off Orders $100+ of Select Gaming Cards when you enter coupon code C15FATHERSDAY at checkout. Shipping is free. Thanks SubZero5 & alchemista

Prices after coupon code:
2 x $50 Sony PlayStation Network Card $85
2 x $50 Nintendo eShop Prepaid Card $85
2 x $50 Valve Steam Wallet Card $85
1 x $100 Valve Steam Wallet Card $85
1 x $100 Windows Store Gift Card $85
2 x 3-Pack $15 Microsoft Xbox Gift Cards + $5 + 1 x $15 Microsoft Xbox Gift Card $90

It's Best Buy via eBay. Seems to be physical cards. You can do an in-store pickup if you have one nearby. Lock if old

M.D

Better save your money for the steam sale because the best sales are actually not on steam

Miker

Better save your money for the steam sale because the best sales are actually not on steam

I thought about this, and while it's at least partially true, I still find myself spending money on Steam regularly here and there - Killing Floor 2 and Invisible Inc this year were both cheapest on Steam, I think. Besides, it's credit that will stick around forever, so I view it as an investment over the course of a few years.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What do you mean by this?

He's referring to other DD retailers offering better discounts while Steam's larger sale periods are active, but that's far less true now that Amazon is no longer fiercely competitive. Also, when you consider that $100 of Steam Wallet credit for $85 is itself a saving of 15%, the only DD outlet that is likely to offer something better -- assuming for the moment it intends to match Steam's featured deals -- is GMG with its 20% discount codes.

bender

What time is it?
What do you mean by this?

If you shop other sites during the Steam sales you can find better deals than what Steam is offering a lot of the time. That's not always the case plus with this deal, you are getting an additional 15% discount which can make up or exceed that difference.

edit: beaten

JaseC

I'll mention that Steam Wallet codes work worldwide and their value is auto-converted if there's a currency mismatch, so if your Summer Sale budget is at least equivalent to USD$100, or you otherwise expect to spend said amount, then you could save yourself some cash if you can find a trustworthy US GAFer to help you out.

Fisty

Now all we need is a "spend $100 get $15 back" and i can get Arkham Knight + Season Pass for $70... the wait begins.

Corpekata

Banned
I don't know if the "other sales will beat Steam" thing will hold up these days.

Right now it's basically "Maybe Greenman will beat it" because most of the other DD sites have been pretty weak lately. And even then there's a lot of great stuff not sold on third party sites.

Kinsella

Banned
Best deal is on Xbox points 90 dollars for 115 in credit. Thanks for the heads-up. I bought those and chose the pick-up from Best Buy option.

Grief.exe

Always nice to have compounding savings.

Grab 15% off a Steam Wallet card, then save 90% off a cool game in the upcoming summer sale.

JaseC

Is there a cutoff date for when I can pick this up?

I came in here to ask much the same question. I can't quite afford to buy 20 $100 Steam Wallet codes at the moment, so I have to split the purchase across this week and next, but I doubt the deal will still be running a week from now.

Top Bottom