• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf Help. I want to ask her out but....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

907_BnHover.jpg

"Hello, my name is Samuel Gaf. I regard you as average, and yet you are alluring in ways I cannot yet explain. Would you like to go to dinner? And don't worry about this getting awkward, as I'm about to leave my job so our budding relationship won't affect me on any professional level."

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
"Hello, my name is Samuel Gaf. I regard you as average, and yet you are alluring in ways I cannot yet explain. Would you like to go to dinner? And don't worry about this getting awkward, as I'm about to leave my job so our budding relationship won't affect me on any professional level."

Exquisite

Say this OP.

Certinty

How well do you know her?

If not that well then try and get to know her first then ask her out if you still want to.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
Ask her out to someplace ordinary, where the food is perfectly satisfactory. If it goes ok, you can start an unexceptional relationship. Down the line, you can have unimpressive sex, a middling wedding, and 2.5 run-of-the-mill children.

Courage

First, you'd have to deactivate her bitch shield. This is achieved through some persistent kino escalation. Since you're at a gym, this should be easy. Sounds like you already have negging down, so just keep a monitor on IOI levels and be wary of LMR.

Fury451

Banned
I'm in the same situation as OP.

You also sell gym memberships to women you find average in appearance?

See if you can casually chat with her somehow to initiate some contact; smile at her when you see her, say hello and use her name when you see her. Then, after a brief period (2-3 times of seeing her again) of that, coffee.

Emphasizing that you would find her to be a perfectly adequate partner would be good too.

cameron

As others have said, just ask. You have nothing to lose.

Recently I signed up this girl lets call her Ororo. She isn't overly beautiful or anything. In fact shes quite average.

This is kinda weird 'cause you've given her this unique name for the sake of discussion, but you never use the name again in the rest of your post. Telling us she is "quite average" was also unnecessary. Hahaha.

I googled "Ororo", and it turns out to be Storm's first name (from X-Men).

BumRush

Do you have any reason to believe she is into you at all? It's not the biggest deal but it makes things easier.

Completely unrelated, but every time I see you in a thread I feel better because I assume you'll solve the case. Call it the power of a user name, tag and avatar, or just call it mere intuition, but thanks for doing what you do...

I shouldn't have said I was socially awkward. Im quite personable. Its just things never seem to work out for me in the women area. It usually goes. We go on a date things seem to be great and then eventually I make em lose intrest or I lose intrest after I GTD. I guess im just over thinking things

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
I shouldn't have said I was socially awkward. Im quite personable. Its just things never seem to work out for me in the women area. It usually goes. We go on a date things seem to be great and then eventually I make em lose intrest or I lose intrest after I GTD. I guess im just over thinking things

I'm pretty sure GTD means "get things done", but I originally took it as "get the D" lol.

You gotta nut up or shut up.

lol why did you need to tell us she's "quite average"?

Anyway, I'd just ask her out. What's the worst that will happen? She says no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom