• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MUSE: Together Is the New Alone (PS4/Vita, EARTHBOUND fans take note)

brandonnn

BEAUTY&SEXY
Just announced at BitSummit, MUSE: Together Is the New Alone is the first game directed by Baiyon, best known as the art director & musician behind PixelJunk Eden & PixelJunk 4am.

It's being co-produced by Pygmy, the studio that ported La Mulana to Vita.

More info & a little clip off the soundtrack at the new website: http://www.muse-alone.com/

MUSE_1.jpg

MUSE_2.jpg

MUSE_3.jpg

MUSE_4.jpg

MUSE_5.jpg

"MUSE: Together Is the New Alone" — A new game project directed by Baiyon

• System: PS4, VITA/PSN
• Release Date: TBD
• No. of Players: 1 player
• Genre: Love Adventure
• Publisher: Pygmy Studio
• Developer: Baiyon, Pygmy Studio

“A young girl lays in a never-ending slumber…
One day, a boy finds notes and paintings belonging to the sleeping girl. Guided by these tokens he sets off on an adventure in the hopes of awakening her once again.”

A new game project directed by Baiyon, art and music director of the critically-acclaimed PixelJunk Eden, announces a new video game project "MUSE: Together Is the New Alone," for PS4 and VITA developed and published by Pygmy Studio.

In a small town in the countryside, a young girl lays in bed, wrapped in a never-ending slumber. One day, a boy finds notes and paintings belonging to the sleeping girl. Guided by these tokens, he sets off on an adventure in the hopes of helping her wake once again.

The story of Muse is centered around the theme of “unrequited love.” The game features a unique art style, blending pixel art and watercolor paintings. Combined with a melancholic, electronic soundtrack, Muse takes the player on a surreal and solitary journey into a world shaped by colors and inspired by Japanese adventure games from the 90’s. Discover new environments, solve colorful puzzles and meet the eclectic creatures occupying this psychedelic world.

URL: http://www.muse-alone.com/

About Baiyon
Baiyon is an award-winning Japanese multimedia artist based in Kyoto, Japan. Mainly known for his work as the Art & Sound Director on the critically-acclaimed independent title “PixelJunk Eden”, Baiyon has also contributed to larger projects such as Little Big Planet 2.
Muse marks Baiyon’s debut in the director’s chair, where he will shape the game experience in addition to the art and sound design. URL : http://baiyon.com/english/

About Pygmy Studio
Founded in 2007, Osaka-based Pygmy Studio is a publisher and game development studio based in Osaka, Japan, responsible for games like Rodem the Wild (PlayStation Mobile), Forevolution (PSM), and Eufloria (PSM). Pygmy was also responsible for porting Nigoro’s hit indie game, La Mulana EX, to PlayStation Vita. URL : http://www.pygmy.jp/en/

What an awful title.

Looks like Earthbound on drugs, for sure. I didn't like a single Pixel Junk game so I'm cautious, but I'll keep an eye out

Hugstable

Banned
Wow that looks really neat! can't wait to see more!

Baiyon!!!!! Wow!

Adore the Pixeljunk Eden soundtrack so much. I will take note of this.

Pixeljunk Eden is seriously such a god tier game in both gameplay and music. It's so great that it even hooked my friend who only usually plays stuff like COD and AC, he actually tried going for the Platinum, but never made it haha

Came in expecting "oh it just looks like Earthbound," when it actually looks way better.

you should've said "Earthbound sprite work fans take note" instead of that clickbait all-caps bullshit tho

Yes so excited. Baiyon is also a super cool dude & I had a small Twitter convo with him. And of course his music is fantastic (especially when you're drinking) actually I think I might go do that now

Zweizer

Banned
Thematically it seems to be more inspired from Yume Nikki and/or Ib than Earthbound, though the sprite work obviously took notes from the latter. Still, it looks interesting, so I'll be keeping an eye on this.

CamHostage

Well, the art is certainly striking, that's for sure. Those are some wild colors in there.

Not sure yet what the gameplay is, but the LaMulana port looked good and I like a few of the PixelJunk works, so hopefully Baiyon has the right crew surrounding him for the project.

Stencil

wtfomg those screens are CRAZY. Wow, it's like a modern visual manifestation of how Earthbound's battle screens made me feel as a kid in the 90's

edit: it looks like neverending Moonisde or Magicant. I just posted in the Yomawari topic about how I keep holding off on buying a PSV... These games tho !

Mandelbo

Oh shit, this looks fantastic.

From the screens it looks more like Yume Nikki to me which is a bit more interesting to me personally. :)

Exactly my thoughts too - the abstract backgrounds and bizarre scenery made my mind jump straight to Yume Nikki (which is one of my all time favourite games,) so consider me very interested!

Top Bottom