• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jon Stewart one-ups Stephen Colbert & John Oliver with new hosting gig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jon Stewart's first hosting gig after The Daily Show is WWE SummerSlam

20150817_LARGE_SSlam_JonStewart.jpg

Jon Stewart will be the celebrity guest host of WWE's annual SummerSlam event, which is happening this Sunday at Brooklyn's Barclays Center. USA Today was first to report the appearance, which will be Stewart's first major entertainment gig since his final show as The Daily Show's anchor earlier this month. Stewart has made sporadic appearances on WWE programming in recent months in a storyline that involves the company's current World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins.

1tumblr_nkm9bnXlNE1saykaxo1_400.gif

riotous

Banned
I'll never understand the appeal, and forever feel a mixture of confusion and disappointment any time a celebrity I like associates themselves with WWE.

Fox318

Wait until Vince see's how short he is. He's gonna give Conan a call so he can get somebody who is at least 6'2".

thuway

I'll never understand the appeal, and forever feel a mixture of confusion and disappointment any time a celebrity I like associates themselves with WWE.

Wow. Do you really feel disappointed whenever someone has an interest or hobby that is unlike yours?

If anything I totally see the appeal for some actors / celebrates to give it a go if they are fans or where fans growing up.

Its like a bigger, more goofy version of doing a 1 off appearance at a stage play.

And once they dont actually try and wrestle these appearances are fun for everyone involved.

riotous

Banned
Wow. Do you really feel disappointed whenever someone has an interest or hobby that is unlike yours?

No?

I have strong negative feelings about WWE, it's not merely a hobby unlike my own. It has a long history of racism and sexism and I just find it generally gross.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
No?

I have strong negative feelings about WWE, it's not merely a hobby unlike my own. It has a long history of racism and sexism and I just find it generally gross.

So does golf. Do you get self riotous about that?

riotous

Banned
So does golf. Do you get self riotous about that?

I don't know what self riotous means lol

Assuming you mean self righteous; I dunno? I feel pretty differently about Golf and the WWE; they aren't really very similar lol.

I was just expressing how this news made me feel; I don't go out of my way to go into WWE threads. Last convo I had about WWE was in the Hogan thread where WWE fans were showing off their knowledge of how much of a racist piece of shit the owner of WWE is.

riotous

Banned
So does literally anything ever

Yes the WWE is exactly the same as everything else on the planet.

You guys proved it! My opinion is wrong.

(I'm not here to bash anyone or de-rail the thread so probably won't reply much more as I have a feeling this is going to get repetitive, apparently my thoughts on Jon Stewart hosting the WWE is off topic lol)

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Well I guess I'll be watching wrestling for the first time in, jesus, 20 something years.

I miss Jon that much.

He was outstanding the last time he was on Raw. He even cut a semi-serious promo.

I'd say the best celebrity appearance of all time.

He knew his stuff. Names, dates, events. He spoke to Seth like it was all real and that things that had happened in the past mattered.

That just doesn't happen in wrestling any more.

thefro

Wait until Vince see's how short he is. He's gonna give Conan a call so he can get somebody who is at least 6'2".

It's a benefit for the non-wrasslers to be tiny. Jon Stewart would even make Tazz and Daniel Bryan look huge.

Vince would give him a job 4 lyfe as long as he doesn't question the booking of Vince.

BigDug13

Yes the WWE is exactly the same as everything else on the planet.

You guys proved it! My opinion is wrong.

(I'm not here to bash anyone or de-rail the thread so probably won't reply much more as I have a feeling this is going to get repetitive, apparently my thoughts on Jon Stewart hosting the WWE is off topic lol)

Everyone is free to have their own opinion, but once you voice that opinion to a ton of people, you have to expect the backlash. Especially when that opinion is talking shit about the subject of the thread.

So you're the posterboy, huh?
Well, here's the thing about posters, boy..
they get taken down once people get sick of em

Stewart's promo was SAVAGE. And it set the tone for Wrestlemania.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I don't know what self riotous means lol

Assuming you mean self righteous; I dunno? I feel pretty differently about Golf and the WWE; they aren't really very similar lol.

I was just expressing how this news made me feel; I don't go out of my way to go into WWE threads. Last convo I had about WWE was in the Hogan thread where WWE fans were showing off their knowledge of how much of a racist piece of shit the owner of WWE is.

Yes great job using your context clues.

riotous

Banned
Everyone is free to have their own opinion, but once you voice that opinion to a ton of people, you have to expect the backlash. Especially when that opinion is talking shit about the subject of the thread.

I'm open for discussion; I'm just not trying to dominate the thread with replies and felt most of the posts coming in would have de-railed to respond to.

I'm not super gung-ho anti-WWE "fan"; it just sort of rubs me the wrong way. Thus my reaction to people being associated to it is negative;I am being somewhat dramatic saying I'm "disappointed"; it doesn't completely change my opinion of someone lol. Obviously I understand that would get a negative reaction from WWE fans; I'm not here to troll or incite people.. the WWE just honestly is a "I don't get it" thing for me and I don't think kindly of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom