• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Wild Fire screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
932811_20060801_screen001.jpg

932811_20060801_screen002.jpg

932811_20060801_screen003.jpg

932811_20060801_screen004.jpg

932811_20060801_screen005.jpg

932811_20060801_screen006.jpg

932811_20060801_screen007.jpg

932811_20060801_screen008.jpg

932811_20060801_screen009.jpg

932811_20060801_screen010.jpg

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
his chest is on fire

looks like a current gen sonic game, but i guess we should expect that. also appears to be from the e3 build.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
It looks ok,

The Wii (Revolution) really won't be hurt much by games of this style

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I DO wish they would do some things. It'd be nice if the water looked like Super Mario Sunshine's water.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Hands on impression of both games:

Wild Fire >>>>>Stubbing Your Toe>> Sonic PS3

Chris B

Apparantly they are new, Sega released them today (yesterday now I guess).

I'm guessing the idiot's guide Wiimote images in the corner is what may class them as 'new'?

maybe..
either way that last one is wank.

Fireblend

Banned
Ugh... last screenshot looks worse than a current-gen game... I hope they really fix the graphics as much as they can before launch :p The other shots look pretty good, tho. And with the sense of speed the game has I'm sure graphics will look much smoother.

It's pretty common knowledge that Wild Fire looks to be better than the 360 game. Not that that would require much effort.

I have no idea what they were thinking with that. I could dissect the game and point out each and every little aspect about it that I loathe...but I would only be depressing myself.

Hopefully after the backlash of THIS latest abomination, Sega will finally decide to take the series in a better direction.

Oddly, these shots didn't show up on SEGA's FTP, and they do appear to be direct from the E3 demo. I'm curious as to why they went up now, and if SEGA sent them directly to GameSpot.

Given that Sonic has looked like a Dreamcast game for the last 7 years, I'm glad to see Sega's finally up to GCN level for the Wii version. Game looks (and more importantly plays) great in motion.

0 HP

Fight for Freeform said:
More like "=". As in Sonic Team is dead to us!
QFT, we've only seen one level so far. this whole thing is supposed to be based on arabian knights :\

ZeoVGM

Banned
0 HP said:
QFT, we've only seen one level so far. this whole thing is supposed to be based on arabian knights :\

and that makes the REALLY fun gameplay bad how?

the "arabian knights" setting is more "Sonic" than sonic games have been in a long time

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Wild Fire looks pretty cool, and I like the control design. This looks far more promising than the next gen sonic game.

Xellotah

Looking at the controls... it looks like the wiimote is being used like an NES pad but with motion control.....

OMG Nintendo copied SONY.

Doogdogg

screens all way old. :p

hope some new caps from a newer built version surface soon. I'm pretty interest in this game, even if it's just a rental. :p Thats saying a lot as the last Sonic game I've played was a cart/racing game about 9 years ago.

this is the game that has me sold on the Wii, and i'm freakin's serious

an action speedy platformer that is a great mix for some one who doesn't wish to delve into too much puzzle crap in platformers or the snoozy lame adventuring and item collectiong found in other platformers of last generation (i hated the PSX/PS2 styled platformers)

a reflection of my DS Library (New Super Mario Bros + Sonic Rush),
the only thing I carea bout on the Wii are Super Mario Galaxy + Sonic Wildfire..... the rest I couldn't give a crap about especially since I live alone I wouldn't see myself playing Wii Sports or whatever without a 2nd player around

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
The action segments seem ok, but those slide-against-teh-wall segments will break the game I fear... :(

Oda

So how exactly does this play? Is it like an on-rails racer? Does Sonic move forward on his own or do you control that? I'm guessing you don't use the nunchuk based on those small pics in the corner.

AniHawk

Oda said:
So how exactly does this play? Is it like an on-rails racer? Does Sonic move forward on his own or do you control that? I'm guessing you don't use the nunchuk based on those small pics in the corner.

I think it's using just the wand to move left and right.

Think of it like Super Paper Mario and how the 2D is turned into 3D.

n-off

Oda said:

you can steer, speed up, stop, reverse and jump.

Chris Remo said:
Oddly, these shots didn't show up on SEGA's FTP, and they do appear to be direct from the E3 demo. I'm curious as to why they went up now, and if SEGA sent them directly to GameSpot.
They went up on GamesPress yesterday as new. Confused the heck outta me.

sammy

it's strange, seeing screens for the first time after seeing this thing in motion at E3 ...... I'll just say, that this is the fastest sonic game i've ever seen ---- insane speeds, these images don't do justice to anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom