• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshida: I don't know why Layden wore Crash shirt; PSX focus is smaller titles

Heh.
During the “PS I Love You” panel at PlayStation Experience 2015, Greg Miller questioned Shuhei Yoshida on Layden’s choice of attire during the conference and if it was hinting something. According to the likable president, Yoshida didn’t know he was going to wear it on stage and doesn’t know what it was referring to, or if it was actually referring to anything at all. Even the PlayStation Blog manager didn’t have anything and merely reiterated Yoshida’s sentiment.
Yoshida stated that this year has probably been the biggest year in terms of big announcements in his career, something we’re not going to question. He also said that Sony plans its shows and that E3 and Paris Games Week were planned for big-name announcements and that PlayStation Experience was always going to focus on the smaller games and indies.

http://www.thegamescabin.com/shuhei-i-dont-know-why-shawn-layden-wore-crash-bandicoot-t-shirt/
http://www.thegamescabin.com/shuhei...-big-announcements-at-playstation-experience/

RPGamer92

Banned
It doesn't help that Sony and Activision have a strong relationship these days. Something's definitely brewing.

Makes sense really. It was a nice show to me. E3 will always be where the big guns are.

Although lets be honest you dont get any bigger than ni no kuni 2 unless.....dark cloud 3

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I was kind of surprised at the amount of pushback against their PSX showing.

Maybe I go into these events with notably lower expectations than other people, but it seemed fine.

The VR stuff looked really boring, but I'm not expecting anything out of VR for 5-10 years at least anyway.

DID they actually say "this is focused mostly on smaller titles/indies" before the event? I can't recall them saying that but I might be wrong.

Of course, Shu.

At least people can keep their expectations in check from this point forward. Stop expecting big first party titles at PSX. That isn't what the event is for. Of course, it will still happen and people will still do what they do though.

crimilde

Banned
Right. Sure.

200_s.gif

IaN_GAF

I'm fully convinced they will announce something Crash related in 2016, and half convinced they are doing this to gauge interest.

Maybe I go into these events with notably lower expectations than other people, but it seemed fine.

The VR stuff looked really boring, but I'm not expecting anything out of VR for 5-10 years at least anyway.
Vr is the only negative i really have and only because how they tried to show it

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
That is because it is a secret and Shu does not know about it. Crash Bandicoot is actually in secret development at Polyphony Digital, since apparently that is the only studio where he comes to the door and they tell him the go the fuck away and he listens.

There was pushback? I found Sony's showing at PSX the most exciting Sony showing in a long time.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
DID they actually say "this is focused mostly on smaller titles/indies" before the event? I can't recall them saying that but I might be wrong.

Did they said "expect a lot of AAA megatons announcements"? before the event? I can't recall them saying that but I might be wrong.

=]

Good to hear shu define the scale of the conference. Crash is basically confirmed at this point so don't really know why the t shirt was worn because the reveal won't be as effective.

BiggNife

I mean, considering we had a sony conference just two months ago at Paris Games Conference, I thought it was a pretty good showing with enough new stuff. Sony can only have so many things to announce right now.

gwiz210

If they do have a new Crash in the works, he's not gonna just be like "Oh yeah that shirt is a sign, read into it everyone".

Kolx

If you look at Sony 2016 lineup Uncharted 4, Gravity Rush 2, Horizon, Ratchet and Clank, Ni No Kuni, ace combat 7, Nier 2, SF V, persona 5, dreams it's definitely strong and there is no need to add more.
For crash part maybe he doesn't know about crash deal because it's not being developed by a 1st party studio? even tho I find it hard to believe that someone in his position doesn't know that so he can schedule 1st party releases according to it.

aadiboy

Honestly, I still don't know the hierarchy of Sony. Like is Shuhei Layden's boss? And where does Andrew House fit in all this?

DayEnder

Too much damage control shu, too much. Just stop.

Joke post I don't understand? He said he doesn't know anything (maybe he does, maybe he doesn't)...how is that damage control? If anything, it would be considered being secretive or hiding something.

My gauge is that I saw a bunch of shit I want in my PS4 right this minute and gameplay from an FF7 remake that I would have bet my first born on never happening.

Raylan

Banned
Honestly, I still don't know the hierarchy of Sony. Like is Shuhei Layden's boss? And where does Andrew House fit in all this?
Shu is the "boss" of all Sony owned studios.
Shawn Layden is the "boss" of SCEA.
Andrew House is the boss of Shu and Layden. House is the big boss at PlayStation.

Top Bottom