• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Erased (Boku dake ga Inai Machi) animeTV|OT| If I could turn back time, If I could..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

qZMhRqk.png

IEFPLUt.gif

Erased (Boku dake ga Inai Machi)
Genres: Psychological, Seinen, Supernatural
Theme: Time Travel
Episodes: 12
Airs: starts Jan 7th 2016; 10:30am PST/1:30PM EST, then every Thursday at thise times.
Streaming via: Crunchyroll/Funimation/Daisuki
Producers: Aniplex of America
Official Website: http://bokumachi-anime.com/
Rating: R - 17+ (violence & profanity)

Staff:
- Tomohiko Ito (Sword Art Online, Silver Spoon) is directing the series
- Taku Kishimoto (Silver Spoon, Haikyu!!) is handling series composition at A-1 Pictures.
- Keigo Sasaki (The Seven Deadly Sins, Blue Exorcist) is designing the characters for the anime
- Yuki Kajiura (Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Sword Art Online) is composing the music.
- Music performer, Asian Kung-Fu Generation, is performing the opening theme song, "Re:Re:"

https://youtu.be/L1rlB4o7qsg

- Singer-songwriter, Sayuri, is performing the ending theme song "Sore wa Chiisa na Hikari no yō na" (That was like a small light).

Manga Background:
Kei Sanbe began the original manga in 2012 and it is currently serialized in Kadokawa's Young Ace magazine. The manga was nominated for the Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize 'Reader Award' in 2014 and this year's Manga Taisho Awards.

PV#1:
https://youtu.be/L2vKM4xKlYE

Official Trailer:
https://youtu.be/g8tTxuO1oIY

Synopsis:
Struggling manga author Satoru Fujinuma is beset by his fear to express himself. However, he has a supernatural ability of being forced to prevent deaths and catastrophes by being sent back in time before the incident occurred, repeating time until the accident is prevented. One day, he gets involved in an accident that has him framed as a murderer. Desperate to save the victim, he sends himself back in time only to find himself as a grade-schooler one month before fellow classmate Kayo Hinazuki went missing. Satoru now embarks on a new quest: to save Kayo and solve the mystery behind her disappearance.

Main Characters:
• Shinnosuke Mitsushima as Satoru Fujinuma (age 29)
• Tao Tsuchiya as Satoru Fujinuma (age 10)
• Aoi Yūki as Kayo Hinazuki
• Chinatsu Akasaki as Airi Katagiri
• Yō Taichi as Kenya
• Akari Kitō as Hiromi
• Ayaka Nanase as Osamu
• Yukitoshi Kikuchi as Kazu
• Takahiro Mizushima as Jun Shiratori
• Minami Takayama as Sachiko Fujinuma
• Mitsuru Miyamoto as Manabu Yatsushiro

Other site info:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/31043/Boku_dake_ga_Inai_Machi?q=era

New Key Visual:
tFqPV7U.jpg

Concerned about an ending?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dai...me-to-portray-ending-of-original-manga/.97329

Director Tomohiko Ito posted on the official Twitter account of the ERASED (Boku dake ga Inai Machi) anime on Thursday that the show will portray the original manga's ending, although the manga has not yet ended. The anime is listed with 12 episodes, and is slated to end on March 24. The May issue of Kadokawa's Young Ace magazine (where the manga is serialized) is slated for March 4.

*Important Thread Reminder*
Discuss and have fun, as always, spoiler tags are not needed in this thread after each episode airs. However, manga readers, please do not post spoilers untagged!!! Even if they are tagged, make sure you title it as a future plot spoiler so there are no "accidents." Thank you and let's have some great discussion as the show airs.

Special thanks to Mailbox for the custom artwork banner!

TheChaos0

The staff looks solid. The story sounds interesting enough. I'll give it a go...given I haven't picked up anything from this season yet...or even checked what's airing.

Qurupeke

Erased 1

Wow. That was intriguing.

I was expecting that Revival ability to be something that he finds out for the first time when he returns to the past but it seems to be something that appeared after that kidnapping incident. I just hope the show won't be mostly in the past but it will follow the main character's actions both as a kid and as an adult. I was also expecting the story being about how the Yuuki guy was the murderer and the kidnapper in that case, but they quickly changed it to something far more interesting.

Anyway, characters are surprisingly good on this. The main character is really awesome and I loved how cynic he was about everything. The mother was also great and I have to say that I like her design a lot. The schoolgirl is also lovely, I liked that she added a more happy tone to the show, but I'm afraid shit will happen to her. :(

Strong first episode, definitely looking forward to this. My only issue is that I find the art kind of bad sometimes, but it gives a Monster vibe so I'm fine with it. lol

T-Rex.

Banned
I never do research on upcoming shows etc so I'm grateful for threads like this which help me find new stuff to watch. It looks really good. Will watch.

Be forewarned and temper your expectations. The manga is good, and pretty competent, but that's sort of a surprise considering it comes from a dude who's previous mangas were all great looking but fucking stuuuuuuuupid in plot and characters. It seems a genre switch did him a lot of good in the writing department since Cradle of Monsters was horror/shoneny/fan-service/stupid but don't be surprised when some stuff kinda trips and stutters. I think he writes older, more introverted characters better because his teen characters from Cradle were pretty groan inducing.

That being said it should still be a good watch and I'm definitely going to keep up with it.

Be forewarned and temper your expectations. The manga is good, and pretty competent, but that's sort of a surprise considering it comes from a dude who's previous mangas were all great looking but fucking stuuuuuuuupid in plot and characters. It seems a genre switch did him a lot of good in the writing department since Cage of Eden was horror/shoneny/fan-service/stupid but don't be surprised when some stuff kinda trips and stutters. I think he writes older, more introverted characters better because his teen characters from Cage were pretty groan inducing.

That being said it should still be a good watch and I'm definitely going to keep up with it.

Wait

This is written by the dude who did Cage of Eden?

tempering expectations

flawfuls

Wait

This is written by the dude who did Cage of Eden?

tempering expectations

Uh no it's not actually, this is by the Cradle of Monsters/Hoozuki Island guy, Kei Sanbe. The guy above you is not totally off point though, Kei Sanbe's work prior this to this was average at best and this has been a dramatic improvement.

Fuck, I'm sorry, Cradle of Monsters. I always fuck up those two names and mix them around. Sorry.

I meant Cradle of Monsters guy. I'll fix it in my previous post.

Cornbread78

Erased 1

Wow. That was intriguing.

I was expecting that Revival ability to be something that he finds out for the first time when he returns to the past but it seems to be something that appeared after that kidnapping incident. I just hope the show won't be mostly in the past but it will follow the main character's actions both as a kid and as an adult. I was also expecting the story being about how the Yuuki guy was the murderer and the kidnapper in that case, but they quickly changed it to something far more interesting.

Anyway, characters are surprisingly good on this. The main character is really awesome and I loved how cynic he was about everything. The mother was also great and I have to say that I like her design a lot. The schoolgirl is also lovely, I liked that she added a more happy tone to the show, but I'm afraid shit will happen to her. :(

Strong first episode, definitely looking forward to this. My only issue is that I find the art kind of bad sometimes, but it gives a Monster vibe so I'm fine with it. lol

Spoiler tags nor needed in here for current episodes.

Time to watch the second half now. So far, so good..

Ascheroth

Erased - 01

I liked this a lot, too.
Great atmosphere throughout the entire episode. The premise seems really interesting and I did not expect where it was going.
This is probably my favorite new show so far, let's see what else this season brings.

I've seen some pacing complaints in the other thread, but it felt pretty spot on tbh.

LayLa

One of the strongest first episodes going in blind I've seen in a long time, nice sense of creeping dread via the monotone speech and sound design. Shame about the CG at the end but eh that's anime economics for ya.

Cornbread78

nYT8B9L.gif

intense scene..

Damn, pretty good opening right there. I didn't see the mom getting stabbed right there at the end, or that quick of a "revival" into the past. I'm interesting if the plot going forward is to erase his own mistakes going forward, including saving that little girl in the timeline he went back to as well as preventing his mother's death in the future... Definitely interested to see what happens next...

Ascheroth

intense scene..

Damn, pretty good opening right there. I didn't see the mom getting stabbed right there at the end, or that quick of a "revival" into the past. I'm interesting if the plot going forward is to erase his own mistakes going forward, including saving that little girl in the timeline he went back to as well as preventing his mother's death in the future... Definitely interested to see what happens next...

Yeah, that scene was really intense.

I'm pretty sure the show is going to skip between past and present. The co-worker highschool girl would make no sense at all otherwise.
But who knows, really. Will be interesting to watch this unfold.

Nephtis

This is the only new anime that made me go "yep, this is going to be fucking good". I usually set my expectations low, but this one had a very solid first episode. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Just T

Erased 1

Great first episode. I like the characters so far; Satoru seems like he’s going to be a promising lead to follow. I like his interactions with Airi and his mother. Interesting use of time travel in this, it seems like he has a very little window of opportunity aside from the last part. The first use was intense, thought the guy was just asleep at first and thought the outcome would have been worse for Satoru. I was surprised Sachiko was that quick to take action and piece things together but unfortunately was stopped from revealing whatever she found out. What a sad scene that was to see her recollecting those childhood moments with Satoru and expressing regret.

So I hope the quality continues because I’m very interested at the moment. Not sure if he’s staying in the past or will go back and forth. The latter could bring about interesting perspectives. I also didn’t know the manga is still on-going which is a bit worrying if it’ll end naturally at a nice stopping point or race to get to a point as it closes out.

Ah, never mind I guess: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dai...me-to-portray-ending-of-original-manga/.97329

duckroll

Episode 1

Not bad. There's a ton of monologue, but I guess they're going for the POV style direction. Most of it works pretty well, but sometimes it feels like an easy way out to have exposition establishing characters and relationships. I really like the pace of the story, and I'm hoping the series retains that tempo. It's a good mix of the mundane and the dramatic, rocking the boat enough to keep things interesting and suspenseful throughout. I'm wary of the mystery hooks and the time reversal theme though, those things are hard to get right in any medium, and anime has a bad track record for satisfying mysteries in particular. Having said that, I have full faith in the adaptation writer Taku Kishimoto to do the best job he can with the material. Hopefully it pays off at the end!

MaxDOL

The manga is pretty good.
The only downside is it really easy to guess who is the real culprit.
I guess the time traveling aspect is more important than the mystery aspect.

Cornbread78

Erased 1

So I hope the quality continues because I’m very interested at the moment. Not sure if he’s staying in the past or will go back and forth. The latter could bring about interesting perspectives. I also didn’t know the manga is still on-going which is a bit worrying if it’ll end naturally at a nice stopping point or race to get to a point as it closes out.

Ah, never mind I guess: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dai...me-to-portray-ending-of-original-manga/.97329

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dai...me-to-portray-ending-of-original-manga/.97329

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dail...l-manga/.97329

Director Tomohiko Ito posted on the official Twitter account of the ERASED (Boku dake ga Inai Machi) anime on Thursday that the show will portray the original manga's ending, although the manga has not yet ended. The anime is listed with 12 episodes, and is slated to end on March 24. The May issue of Kadokawa's Young Ace magazine (where the manga is serialized) is slated for March 4.

That answered a lot of questions right there and is the opposite of what usually happens. At least we will get a proper ending then!

Erased 1

The best first episode of the season so far.

As for the episode it was pretty great. The atmosphere, characters, OST, animation, and pacing were all balanced well with each other creating an intense and great episode. The revival sequences were fantastically animated and the way it makes those loud noises is fantastic. I thoroughly enjoyed Satoru's character from what we've seen of him. Him being a antisocial individual was portrayed realistically and wasn't just a shut in neet like other anime try to portray it. I have to give props to the Voice Actor because he sounds so unreal when voicing the MC. It feels too realistic in a good way. Also the mom was pretty great as well. I hope for the love of me the show continues to be consistent and doesn't turn to shit down the line. Please let it be good I'm begging you.

Unless Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu or Dimension W come out with a top tier first episode, Erased will be the best first episode for me.
Prev Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom