• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oddly satisfying things

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a whole subreddit dedicated to pics/gifs/videos of things that are oddly satisfying. I just looked at some of the gifs and... I felt oddly satisfied to the point of feeling pleasure. It was really weird. Here are my favorite so far:

HF41zC2.gif

xcsnWzH.gif

eFypf4w.gif

sh4TwPQ.gif

What causes these gifs to be so satisfying? I'm trying to figure out what's happening in my brain. I swear looking at them is releasing dopamine or something.

Alienous

I don't have a .gif for it, and it probably wouldn't translate, but the silence and darkness between advertisements that play before a movie in a cinema is oddly satisfying.

Symphonia

Banned
Peeing after cumming, and taking a shit.

Rubbing your eyes.

The smell of fresh bread.

Opening a can or bottle and hearing that fizz.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Why are people posting random things they find satisfying? That's not what this thread is about.

It's about upending of expectation in an odd or surprising way, but which still make sense when you examine further. Also helps that the funny ideas are presented in an aesthetically pleasing way (shot well, etc). Comprehension is pleasurable. It's the same as the fun little eureka moments you get when playing something like The Witness.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT THAT GUY STEPPED ON LAVA

WHAT THE FUCK

It looks so puffy! I want to step on lava too.

brb trying it out

https://zippy.gfycat.com/ConsiderateWhirlwindAmericanavocet.webm

This is oddly unsettling. The complete opposite of satisfying.

Oh god that made my skin crawl for some reason.

It's about upending of expectation in an odd or surprising way, but which still make sense when you examine further. Also helps that the funny ideas are presented in an aesthetically pleasing way (shot well, etc). Comprehension is pleasurable. It's the same as the fun little eureka moments you get when playing something like The Witness.

Yeah that must be it. I think symmetry is a common factor too.

Pouring hydrogen peroxide solution on open wounds.

whzga.gif

Sawneeks

Banned
not a pic/gif/video, but few things are as satisfying as peeling the protective plastic off of a new device screen.

Sort of similar, but in 1st or 2nd grade I would let glue settle on my hand and then peel it off and it was the most satisfying thing ever.

Especially if you pulled it all off in one go.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Wiggling loose teeth.
Good poops.
Sticking your dick in other people.
Popping pimples.
Clearing tons of lint from dryer vents.
Smooth armpits and back of knees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom