• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2016 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE! (REAL PICS ONLY)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
24100445945_44cb8b8a90_o.jpg

NeoGAF MARCH 2016 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE! (REAL PICS ONLY)

MARCH-ING FORWARD!

Dear NeoGAF,

How were your first two months of 2016? Welcome back to the stage of history. This year (2016) marks the 10 year anniversary of this thread (November). Time flies when you're gaming. Let's enjoy it and succeed together!

In typical new month fashion, let's reflect on the previous month and post our favorite pick-ups from February 2016. As March 2016 rolls around, let's post our latest pick-ups as well! Take care everyone!

Your Neighborhood Friendly,
MarkMan

Welcome to the monthly tradition on NeoGAF! Since November 2006 <3 !!!

For those of you new to this thread, this is a place for us to show off our new pickups and discuss them!

REMINDER! Or get banned!

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

6434662657_d8e641d917_o.jpg

Mods are <3 and have banned people that DO NOT READ/FOLLOW the op!

ALSO!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

ARCHIVES:

Oh yea I wanted to say one more thing!!

6434662657_d8e641d917_o.jpg

isJt9IKw0XRnA.jpg

---

The second month of 2016 was very interesting for me. I lost my job of eight years (a blessing in disguise) and am now doing my 'new' thing (TBA). I'm happier than I've been in long time. I can't wait to share more fun/pick-ups with everyone. March should be fun because I'm going back to Tokyo later this month! Here's what I got in February 2016!

12568966_1553091788341246_321931512_n.jpg

1 | A friend of mine was able to help me get some sneakers that I missed out on! These are huge boxes!

12446038_824654177663094_1635888223_n.jpg

2 | The Air Jordan 2 X 'Just Don' collaboration is actually the third between the Chicago-born designer and Jordan Brand. Obvious design cues from high end Chanel purses and comes with a leather hat. Hefty retail price tag on this one too! I love it though. I was kicking myself over not getting the blue version that came out in 2015 so I couldn't pass on these.

12547249_375903152601788_870430184_n.jpg

3 | A friend of mine that works at Jordan Brand / Nike saw I was able to score on the Just Don 2s and sent me this awesome jacket (from the original Just Don 2 'Blue' launch) !! Which secretly made me want to get the 2015 blues more and more (see what happens later this month lol).

12383203_739666906134124_76796793_n.jpg

4 | In the other big box was the original design colorway (second one released) of the Air Max Zero. The original Air Max sneaker designed by Tinker Hatfield that was scrapped prior to the release of the Air Max 1 in 1987.

12479574_1674203469495852_1458443217_n.jpg

5 | To celebrate their growth in the Chinese market, Nike released this premium 'Nai-ke' Air Force 1 Hi.

12568796_1672419209662944_1774679111_n.jpg

6 | To coincide with the opening of the Chicago Jordan Brand '32 South State' store, Jordan Brand and Nike created a set of awesome pins to commemorate the occasion. I was able to get the set!

12545421_570866196409058_2109504695_n.jpg

7 | Apologies for all the sneaker heavy posts. I haven't been playing games much because of work (up to this point). It really is amazing to imagine that this is the Air Jordan XXX (30). The 30th signature model from Michael Jordan, an amazing legacy to behold.

12728579_107868852935580_298715936_n.jpg

8 | King of a big deal. Street Fighter V launched last month. One of my last major projects at Mad Catz was to help deliver the SFV range of products to market. It didn't go ideally as planned, but I am happy with a lot of the things that went into the launch/release.

12716855_1251274018222129_465981166_n.jpg

9 | I had to start getting some new gear since I know longer represent the MCZ. What better way with fresh gear from BAIT (Starter Snapback) and MUSTERBRAND's Shadaloo Street Fighter V jacket?

12677442_1049199708456013_821117782_n.jpg

10 | The last thing I worked on was preparing an epic launch event activity for Street Fighter V, including an exhibition match with rapper Lupe Fiasco and all time great Street Fighter player, Daigo 'The Beast' Umehara.

12729525_938811792871002_107542470_n.jpg

11 | The Sakura print Air Max 1 was a Women's release, but they made it in my size (Women's 12 = Men's 10.5), sooooo. Score!?

12750061_224077087938133_1807290457_n.jpg

12 | With everything moving in full swing I had a series of meetings / phone calls and got to meet with a lot of my favorite companies (no room for rest/relaxation). I met with Hori and they hooked me up with their awesome new VLX Hayabusa for PS4/PS3 and two key items in their new PC range of products!

12751150_1254716511224365_2137459104_n.jpg

13 | The next day I ventured to Portland where I visited (for the first time) Nike World Headquarters to meet with some key people (and do |some| |shopping|)...

12729574_1551884348472981_548615893_n.jpg

14 | Went to Wizard World Portland and got to host an NBA 2K16 exhibition with several of the Portland Trailblazers!

12677411_1051976328182211_187043549_n.jpg

15 | Xavier Woods from New Day was also there and we got to play TEKKEN 7. It was cool to see/know that a bunch of the WWE roster play videogames on some products that I helped create!

1389533_1565695997054902_688143058_n.jpg

16 | My new favorite hat. Sakura themed Nike SB cap.

12751166_160866417629255_14361336_n.jpg

17 | Had to get a new 'work' laptop to replace my old one. Which I did, literally... The new version of the Alienware 13 (Windows 10 is so awesome)!!

12724804_513655562149028_601515405_n.jpg

18 | Finally after searching and searching (and spending)... I was able to secure a pair of Air Jordan 2 X Just Don in the original blue release from 2015!

12383508_489976407854419_279026241_n.jpg

19 | Some more sneakers I got between here and there in February.

10311262_1155377017815109_2026474846_n.jpg

20 | Went to the Think Geek store in Orlando (first of it's kind) and picked up this awesome retro game themed doormat!

12728519_257709924560333_35149550_n.jpg

21 | I was jealous that ladies got some amazing PlayStation leggings on the official gear shop. My girlfriend ended up getting some custom made jogger pants for me with the PlayStation button pattern. :O

10802573_201219726905753_1384812395_n.jpg

22 | Probably my favorite pick-up of the month. The one I'm going to depend on the most. It even has my lucky number as the power number. Let's go!

Have a good one, GAF! If you'd like to follow my adventures, please follow me on twitter or instagram.

Good luck in the new job, MarkMan!

In hindsight February was a bit of a crazy month. Don't think I've ever picked up more games than in the past month. The coming months will probably be reaalllyyy slow...

Anyway, this is what I got in the 2nd half of Feb '16.

PSVita games: Teslagrad, DJ Max Technika Tune, Dungeon Travelers 2 - The Royal Library and the Monster Seal, Corpse Party - Blood Drive, Arcana Heart 3 - Love Max!!!!, Spy Hunter, Airship Q, Invizimals - The Alliance, Reality Fighters, Atelier Escha & Logy Plus, Ben 10 Galactic Racing, Saturday Morning RPG, Michael Jackson - The Experience HD, LittleBigPlanet PSVita, Rayman Origins, WipEout 2048, Hatsune Miku - Project Diva f 2nd, Army Corps of Hell, Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate, Unit 13, Sword Art Online - Lost Song, Xblaze - Code: Embryo Rice Digital Limited Edition

PS2 games: Growlanser - Heritage of War, The Sword of Etheria, Destroy All Humans!, Gungriffon Blaze, Herdy Gerdy, Ring of Red, Shinobi, The Thing

PS3 games: Guilty Gear Xrd ~SIGN~ Limited Edition, God of War Ascension Collector's Edition, Borderlands - The Pre-Sequel!, Spider-Man - Web of Shadows, Eat Lead - The Return of Matt Hazard, Tales of Xillia 1 + Tales of Xillia 2, Demon's Souls Black Phantom Edition
The God of War CE was just £5 on Amazon. Borderlands Pre-Sequel was &#8364;4.

PS4 game: Evolve

PC Engine game: Barunba

3DS game: Bravely Second - End Layer Deluxe Collector's Edition
That box is huge!

Wii game: Guilty Gear Core

Some other stuff: Kiki's Delivery Service BluRay steelbook, Princess Mononoke BluRay steelbook, Shovel Knight amiibo, MGSV - The Phantom Pain flashlight

m8h1ozA.jpg

x2 (one for me, one for gf)

via GAF B/S/T thread.

edit: Shieeeeeeeeeeet, just read the OP. Best of luck to You 2.0 , MarkMan! \o/

AlfaTrion

Here's my Feb haul.

Used my last best buy rewad zone points
5tZUAAg.jpg

Edge!
JnieYGA.jpg

My SFV shipped really late. I might stop using Amazon unless I can score Prime for cheap somehow.
0mfwILJ.jpg

Turn-based strategy month!
My friend and co-worker gave me his extra copy of Sacred Stones for free!
ALaO2WB.jpg

Picked up this shirt and some used previous gen games which I rarely do
rtr34Ts.jpg

Picked these up from 3 different people around my neighbourhood! One of the nice ppl gave me Xena for free lol
I finally have all the Advance wars and Card Fighter's Clash
tUCUbIL.jpg
uonRz3G.jpg

One of my boxing day pickups didn't work so I replaced it with this
9DeKqfG.jpg

Finally got an AR for my Saturn so I don't have to use my ghetto Magic Card. I can feel more legit now when I play my awesome imports in RGB goodness. Also got extension chords for my 16bit consoles.
1n441GX.jpg

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
My Amazon exclusive Mega Man Legacy Collection Statue & E-Tank Special Edition just arrived! Here's my full gallery of pics and commentary.

I'm really happy I nabbed this when it was up! Apparently there were only 2015 made if the box is to be believed. They didn't just take the 20th anniversary statue and dump it into a box--they actually remolded the feet to make it smooth rather than keep the peg holes for the ugly base the original came with. I really like the inclusion of the E-Tank, and the light up works perfectly fine and is pretty bright!

Malik Ishtal

Neo Member
I got my copy of Mortal Kombat XL from Amazon.

I bought some DLC since Sony is giving $15 back.

I thought I had all of the Z2 Chaos DLC, but there was more.

I got a new PC from HP. RIP to my 7 year old Dell435T with a i7 920 and ATI Radeon 4870 graphics. I've had it since March 2009 and now it's time to put it down.

HP ENVY 750se Desktop
6th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K processor quad-core [4.0GHz, 8MB Shared Cache]
16GB DDR4-2133 DIMM (2x8GB) RAM
256GB 3D SSD
1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6G 3.5 2nd HDD
4GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 [DL DVI-I, HDMI, DP, DP, DP]
500W Power supply
SuperMulti DVD Burner
HP Wireless 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 1x1 with Bluetooth M.2 NIC (Stone Peak 1)
Integrated Sound
HP USB volume control Keyboard and USB Optical Mouse
HP 3yr Service for ENVY Desktops
$1180.11

And the monitor for the new PC.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Good luck @MarkMan!

<3 Markman, good luck dude!

Good luck in the new job, MarkMan!

edit: Shieeeeeeeeeeet, just read the OP. Best of luck to You 2.0 , MarkMan! \o/

Thanks everyone! :D

Best part of the pick up posts, looking at markmans new footwear.

LOL. Sorry, sometimes I when I don't game, all I do is shop for geeky stuff/sneakers.

ike_

a staggering payload of Coen brothers movies

I actually had a college elective class dedicated to Coen brothers films. You're missing The Hudsucker Proxy, The Man Who Wasn't There, and Blood Simple, man. And Fargo, but everyone's seen Fargo.

LOL. Sorry, sometimes I when I don't game, all I do is shop for geeky stuff/sneakers.

Keep doing it! It genuinely is good to see what footwear people are rocking, big fan of air max 95's personally.
Good luck with your future endeavours, that fortune cookie is hopefully spot on!

MisterNoisy

Technically, I picked it up on the 27th, but oh well:

CWDqDjL.jpg

R4CutoJ.jpg

4XHOt8H.jpg

Hilariously fun when you're on it, but turns into a reasonably civilized little commuter when you lay off.

Machine

I own about 6 or 7 pairs of shoes in total. Seems like MarkMan buys that many pairs every month. Crazy.

crimilde

Banned
Bought another external HDD in my quest to have a Media Server connected to my router, to use with the PS4 and Macbook.

So... I had to:
1. Find out that PS4 only suppports FAT32 and exFAT filesystems.
2. In order to write files bigger than 4GB on the HDD, I would need exFAT.
3. My HDD is 3TB so instead of MBR I would need GPT as a partitioning scheme.
4. My router's firmware only supports FAT/FAT32/NTFS with MBR and up to 2TB partitions. Apparently it's okay for a 100$ (at the time) Gigabit router (!) to have firmware from the Stone Age of computing.
5. Get annoyed. Fuck this shit.
6. Install Linux on the router (OpenWrt) and configure the network.
7. SSH to the router and install packages for Samba, MiniDLNA and the filesystems I need supported.
8. Configure OpenWrt's fstab to auto-mount my shares at startup.
9. Configure Samba and MiniDLNA.
10. Copy all my files from my 80% full 2TB NTFS HDD not recognized by the PS4 to the 3TB exFAT one, and then format the old one to use the same filesystem.
11. Happy girl!

Thank God for Linux. Also, this has no business being so complicated in the 2010s. I lost an evening on this shit that should work out-of-the-box.

Ban Puncher

Got an order in from AmiAmi earlier this week.

Hori RAP V HAYABUSA PS4/PS3/PC Arcade Stick

za9tCeh.jpg

And the 'Dagashi Kashi' Okashi Box came along for the ride.

mqNPS2J.jpg

Bought another external HDD in my quest to have a Media Server connected to my router, to use with the PS4 and Macbook.

So... I had to:
1. Find out that PS4 only suppports FAT32 and exFAT filesystems.
2. In order to write files bigger than 4GB on the HDD, I would need exFAT.
3. My HDD is 3TB so instead of MBR I would need GPT as a partitioning scheme.
4. My router's firmware only supports FAT/FAT32/NTFS with MBR and up to 2TB partitions. Apparently it's okay for a 100$ (at the time) Gigabit router (!) to have firmware from the Stone Age of computing.
5. Get annoyed. Fuck this shit.
6. Install Linux on the router (OpenWrt) and configure the network.
7. SSH to the router and install packages for Samba, MiniDLNA and the filesystems I need supported.
8. Configure OpenWrt's fstab to auto-mount my shares at startup.
9. Configure Samba and MiniDLNA.
10. Copy all my files from my 80% full 2TB NTFS HDD not recognized by the PS4 to the 3TB exFAT one, and then format the old one to use the same filesystem.
11. Happy girl!

Thank God for Linux. Also, this has no business being so complicated in the 2010s. I lost an evening on this shit that should work out-of-the-box.

Nice job. Sounds like it was worth it in the end! OpenWrt is fantastic!

@Markman ... first I have to say that your sneaker collection is on point.

2nd.... if you are ever looking to hire anybody... hit me up!!!

Ertai

lucky! My amazon preorder of the same special edition (amiibo, soundtrack, game) is still awaiting shipping. dispatch on 02/03/16 my arse

Yeah, the shop i ordered it from quickly changed their shipping back to the streetdate again. Saves me a couple of days though :)

Majestad

Banned
I know this thread is love and all, but why in the f*k do people post screencaps of digital orders? Seriously. Take a picture of the screen with the game playing at least ffs.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
My mom and stepdad got me this awesome shirt for a late Valentine's Day gift, but I never got around to posting it.
BMXPWD1.jpg

Nakazato

Damn it markman you made me buy that bison jacket.

And if you know the Triumvir clothing guys tell we need some SF shirt rereleases lol

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Damn it markman you made me buy that bison jacket.

And if you know the Triumvir clothing guys tell we need some SF shirt rereleases lol

I do know them! Sadly I don't think they're doing anything anymore (plus they don't have a SF license anymore).

@Markman ... first I have to say that your sneaker collection is on point.

2nd.... if you are ever looking to hire anybody... hit me up!!!

Thanks! Sneakers is love.

Got a smart lamp, the Avea Flare from Elgato. I place it underneath and behind my raised monitor to provide backlighting so I can play in the dark without straining my eyes as much. Normally my laptop sits in front of it just under my gaming monitor so it doesn't beam directly at me like it does in this picture. Also, I did a sloppy job with wiring when I raised my monitor on its new Ergotech arm -- I have plans to pick up a new IKEA desk soon and didn't want to invest a ton of time getting wiring right on my current crappy desk. Bit embarrassing to share. ;)

Got 2X Uncharted 4 controllers, and after the Digital Foundry video about swapping for Xbox One sticks the other day, I ordered sets of aluminum Xbox One analog sticks that also came with metallic dpads. They look and feel snazzy, but I did wreck one of my 20th Anniversary controllers on my first go -- snapped one of the shoulder buttons placing the unit back together. :(

I got a new arcade stick for my SFV shenanigans! The Hori RAP V Hayabusa Silent. I own a GGXrd TE2 from MadCatz as well, but I found that it was waking my roommates up at night due to the loudness. Saw this and decided to give it a go, since I'm more of a nocturnal guy. I told my buddy that the difference between Hori Hayabusa and MadCatz TE2 is like typing on a really nice laptop keyboard versus using a very nice gaming mechanical keyboard -- both are premium experiences, but are appreciable for very different reasons. I'd say the Hori is the premium laptop keyboard and the MadCatz TE2 is the intense gaming mechanical keyboard. :)

MarkMan, I miss the cushy under side of my TE2 -- is there some way an average schmuck can mod a MadCatz style soft pad onto the bottom of the RAP Hayabusa?

My gaming pickups that happened since my last post -- SFV at Best Buy GCU discount, had reward certs saved up so I got Fallout 4 and Need For Speed for a grand total of $20-ish bucks (Fallout 4 was on sale at 39.99 and I price matched Need For Speed on Amazon). FFX/X-2 was 19.99 on Square-Enix's 1-year-anniversary sale for their online store.

Pleasant surprise from Turn10/Microsoft the other day when I logged into my Xbox One to watch Creed... Been wanting to drive the 918 in a more simulation-style environment since Horizon 2's Porsche expansion.

Aforementioned CREED! One of my personal favorite films of 2015.

cross-posting from OT:

woohooo!

woohoo indeed!

I checked my shipping status at 1am last night orgetting that 1am technically counts as Thursday, so my Amazon said it would be "arriving tomorrow by 8pm." Thought I was getting it early, then unfortunately logic kicked in. ;p

Olengie

Thank you Amazon for sending me it in a Bubble Mailer. It miraculously came in unscathed.

Really excited about Sakura Wars. Probably one of my hardest to find Wii Games. Sky Crawlers was pretty much minty fresh.

Gamestop 4 for 20. Wasn't going to participate in the sale but after trading in 2 copies of Golf Club PS4 and 1 copy of Golf Club X1, came out with these 5 for about $ 8 - 9.

Space Hulk was from Ebay for cheap. Girl's High. -.- I won an auction for GaoGaiGar Collection and I got sent Girl's High instead. At least I got a partial refund out of it, so it wasn't that bad.

Top Bottom