• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Great GAF Art Challenge #22 - "Vampires"

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_o3iidmWuSI1rmnydeo2_r3_1280.png

THEME: VAMPIRES
A vampire is a being from folklore who subsists by feeding on the life essence (generally in the form of blood) of living creatures. They're radical.​

GOAL
Design your own vampire character! Take inspiration from anything, go hambo.​
Optional Secondary Objective - Give them a personality and show it in your art.​

THE RULES

SUBMISSION DEADLINE
March 31st, 2016 11:59 PM Pacific (Can extend if needed.)​

Submission Guidelines:

1) Submissions can be 2D or 3D, any traditional or digital medium. No photos/photo manipulations, paint-overs/tracing or reusing old works. Original and New work only.

2) To avoid cluttering up the thread, please avoid quoting images when sensible/post in proximity. Keep pieces to a reasonable size. Link to larger ones if you must.

3) The theme can be interpreted as you see fit, but make sure you're challenging yourself!

4) Have fun! It's not about winning or making your masterpiece every week. It's time to let your inner artist shine! All skill levels welcome!

Art Links!

Interested in Art? We have ArtGAF communities that will help you out! Don't be shy to ask out, and don't be intimidated as, when partnered with proper knowledge and work ethic, you can do great art yourself!

1) Art Self Study Thread - This thread is meant to help people starting out on Art by giving them a roadmap on how to start, and providing online resources and books to study. Feel free to ask questions!

2) Drawing-A-Day Thread - You can post your daily sketches in this thread and let people see your art progress! A great thread to come by!

3) Arts and Farts Thread - The thread where you can post your longer, more focused art and finished projects.

4) Previous challenges - You can check out the previous art challenges here for inspiration!

Great GAF Art Challenge # 1 - "An Unlikely Pair"
Great GAF Art Challenge # 2 - "The Other Side"
Great GAF Art Challenge # 3 - "The Line"
Great GAF Art Challenge # 4 - "War"
Great GAF Art Challenge # 5 - "Religion"
Great GAF Art Challenge # 6 - "Fear"
Great GAF Art Challenge # 7 - "Wishing"
Great GAF Art Challenge # 8 - "Punk"
Great GAF Art Challenge # 9 - "Extraterrestrial"
Great GAF Art Challenge # 10 - "Resurrection"
Great GAF Art Challenge # 11 - "Blithe Spirits"
Great GAF Art Challenge # 12 - "Beauty and the Beast"
Great GAF Art Challenge # 13 - "Martial Arts"
Great GAF Art Challenge #14 - "Environments and Backgrounds"
Great GAF Art Challenge #15 - "Comic Book Heroes"
Great GAF Art Challenge #16- "Through Time"
Great GAF Art Challenge #17 - "Nothing is Safe"
Great GAF Art Challenge #18 - "Autumn"
Great GAF Art Challenge #19 - "Christmas"
Great GAF Art Contest!! (Challenge #20) - "Portraiture"
Great GAF Art Challenge #21 - "Feels"

Castlevania music is always a good inspiration, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfRJsWP39FQ
I'll do better art later, I did this quickly just to get the topic started :x

DEATH™

Dude, this sem's grinding on me. Even my spring break and we're gonna pour concrete and stuff

Anyway, does vampires that sparkle not allowed? :p

You need to release that stress upon your art, you should totally make a construction worker vampire.

And yes, vampires of all walks of life are allowed, we don't discriminate here

I'm wanting to use Mavis from Hotel Transylvania as inspiration. Like I'm thinking of doing a kind if cartoonish style (which is not usually me) so it'll be different than what I'm used to.

Mavis is cool, and I think 'drawing in another style' should be a theme eventually, I've constantly wanted to try out some cool styles I've seen but never get around to it. Looking forward to it bress

- A page with Nicoleta in the vampire supermarket buying artificial blood, because she doesn't drink human blood (and is thusly always tired), who is stumbled upon by Stefan, who she fought next to in the great lycan wars.
She grew distant from the others after the wars and remains a recluse.
Stefan however relished in the spoils of war, taking lycan slaves and the like.

Intend on doing more because it's pretty darn fun

LegendX48

20475198078_1ede021415_o.png

I've been meaning to bump this but Street Fighter has consumed me completely, that and random things but I should have more time now. Anywho... I think this bump applies properly to the time remaining?

LegendX48

21929168124_0370c9f44c_o.png

It's the final countdown! Will be bumping daily if that's okay. Anywho, I need to do something for this... *procrastinates some more*

Atleast one other person drew something here :L

Hurm, I need to plan for text boxes/bubbles because I wanted more but then couldn't fit any in without it looking worse.
Spider clan's (vampires are split into their animal transformation clans) super secret weapon that they intend on unleashing when they move to conquer the vamp capital and overthrow Dracula.

Black widow with inspirations of Necalli, she has 8 dreads though they don't turn into anything afaik. Hope to do a quickie with more of her personality by tomorrow

LegendX48

edit: I'm dumb and need to make new bump images cause this one was wrong @_@

Anywho, cool stuff, Pfantzypantz.

original post:
I should have been bumping this more @_@

Anywho, I need to finish working on something so I can move onto something for this before it's over.

Really wanted to do this, but I've been so busy this month with houseguests (one stayed for like 18 days O__O)

Anyways, maybe I'll draw a quick one tonight if I can find the time

Also really good work to those who posted so far

Edit: So I was able to do a quick drawing

Sorry it's for the general crappy-ness of this drawing. It was definitely out of my element as this was my first digital drawing and anime style (which I haven't done since middle school)

I'm just glad people actually came in, hopefully the next topic will be more successful ;_;
Good stuff folks, and shout outs to Legend's bump game.

Messy and quick to get it in.

Since she was trapped all her life and trained as a weapon she hates all vampires. She escapes and becomes a Disney princess vampire hunter. yay

I don't have any ideas, someone do something fun

I dunno if anyone would be interested. But maybe doing disney princesses or any fictional character but in like a punk style. Doesn't have to be punk, but it has to be in different style.

Edit:
Perhaps the theme should be "Counter Culture". So fictional characters dressed in a counter culture..(punk,hippies,gamer,hipster,etc). How does that sound?

I made this for a theme picture:

Edit # 2: Just now seeing that "Punk" was already done. Do you guys think is too similar? If so, I have other ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom