• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 spoiler free early copy impressions

Loudninja

Please no spoilers here!

Since so many people are getting earlier copies now I think its time for a spoiler free impressions topic.

I let people post their own impressions instead of copying them.

If mods dont think this topic is needed that is fine :)

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
I heard this game is really good.

nib95

Banned
Does the game have replay value?

I'd say yes. Different difficulties that actually change up the number and type of enemies in encounters, plus their AI proficiency. Then you have certain levels that have multiple paths of approach, then there's the different ways you can approach the game, stealth, combat, cover centric, mobility and grapple centric etc. And lastly there's lots of cool unlockable filters and features, such as slow motion bullet time, anti gravity etc.

Arnie7

Banned
Reviews from GAF members in other thread:

Finished. Wonderful ending. I teared up a little knowing this is the end for the franchise and Nates stories. That said, took me 15 hours and since the statisticks dont count cutscenes from what Im told, I'd guess the game was anywhere from 17 to 19 hours in length. My favorite third person shooting adventure game of all time. Naughty Dog you wonderful geniuses, you all should be so proud of what you made here!

10 out of 10 no question and that's with not even trying mp as it's not up yet... multiplayer could suck ass and I'd still rate it a 10 out of 10.... that said... if MP is amazing... 11 out of 10!!!!!

Just completed this wonderful game, It's a return to form in my opinion as I thought UC3 was just a good game and nothing more after how unreal UC2 was I can not describe how much I loved that game so maybe I was expecting too much from the 3rd game.

However UC4 is a stunning game, gunfights are miles better than previous entries and there are many ways to plan your attack and in complete stealth too if you want.

Visuals are mightily impressive the PS4 is a beast for a console and ND are just beyond talented in all aspects of game development and it really shows it's honestly just unbelievable for a console game, The game feels a little more mature and more serious than previous entries in my opinion and the settings of the game are also excellent.

The usual action set pieces are back and they are great maybe could of been a little bit better/longer but it's always nice to play them intense moments in between platforming and snappin necks.

I felt that there was a lot more platforming than previous entries in the series which is a good thing there is also some small open environments to explore by vehicle aswell in the game nothing huge but it was a good addition.

As ever the cast are voiced better than any other game that's out there right now there's really nothing more to say about that.

The hidden treasures are back and I would say they are much harder to find than all previous entries I don't know if that's anything to really shout about but I love treasure hunting a lot so I welcomed this.

For me personally I think this is the best game I've played since The last of us was released, people might read my post and think I'm just swallowed up in all the hype and I've played it with my ND glasses on but honestly no I haven't I just think it's a hall of fame level game.

I played quite stealthy and tried to find as many treasures as I could finding 74/109 so this certainly added time to my total completion time on Normal difficulty which came in at 17 hours and 27 mins.

If I am to point out any negatives.... I can't really mention them as they are all spoilers so I'll not post them not even spoiler mark them, but maybe nitpicking the last couple of chapters could of been a little better and the antagonists were pretty lame compared to Lazaravich and Flynn of UC2, Too many slidey parts kinda made it feel cheap after the 20th time.

EDIT- as a Reddit poster stated yes I do agree that there isn't enough of the classic moments like the train from UC2 or plane from UC3 they are in UC4 but like I say earlier in my post they could of been a bit better/longer. There is a lot of fan service but it's good and doesn't feel tacky or face palm worthy at all - EDIT

It's a 9.5/10 game no doubts about it at all, It's worth buying a PS4 for or going out of your way to borrow or rent a console for a weekend or something, but whatever you do if you like any previous Uncharted games you're gonna love this....

I'd say yes. Different difficulties that actually change up the number and type of enemies in encounters, plus their AI proficiency. Then you have certain levels that have multiple paths of approach, then there's the different ways you can approach the game, stealth, combat, cover centric, mobility and grapple centric etc. And lastly there's lots of cool unlockable filters and features, such as slow motion bullet time, anti gravity etc.

How's the gunplay, and how much does it feel that you're in control of the situation during combat versus responding to what enemies do by getting flushed out of cover*, et cetera?

*I don't consider one of these things inherently better than the other even though "being in control of the situation" reads as preferable because I worded things poorly - I want a good balance between making the enemies your playthings and really having to intelligently respond to their actions in the moment

bombshell

10 out of 10 no question and that's with not even trying mp as it's not up yet... multiplayer could suck ass and I'd still rate it a 10 out of 10.... that said... if MP is amazing... 11 out of 10!!!!!

11 out of 10!!!!! Naughty Dog is going to break MetaCritic with this game lol

zsynqx

A couple things:

1. The gunplay and movement is better than any game I've ever played. It's literally perfect.

2. The Easter Egg that may have been spoiled for some people is simply incredible. I was spoiled and I still loved it--won't say any more but I will say that if you think you were spoiled, you really weren't.

3. This game is paced amazingly well, just incredible.

4. Graphics are jaw-dropping. Never seen anything like it.

Back to the game!

Uncharted 4 : A Thief’s End ( A NEOGAF story mode review) – No Major Spoilers!

Completed on moderate difficulty – 15 hours (excluding cutscenes), 58 treasures collected

Alright, so let’s just put in a bit of perspective here so you all know where I’m coming from for this post. Been a fan of cinematic gaming experiences all my life, ever since they started. Uncharted released and I absolutely loved it. Sure it’s dated now and had some questionable designs, but it was the first time I ever felt like I was playing in an “Indiana Jones” like adventure film. Sure Indiana Jones games had come prior to Uncharted, along with Tomb Raider, but nothing gave me that feel like the first time I played Uncharted 1. Then 2 comes out and just blows 1 away… followed by 3 releasing with some mixed reactions. As I feel on that 3rd game, I prefer the variation in set pieces and variety of locations more than 2, but 2’s story/setting/and theme are much more solid and coherent. Since Uncharted has come, its apparent Tomb Raider has followed in its cinematic footsteps and bigger and better seems to be a theme with these titles. I loved the new Tomb Raiders (as action games) and rightly so, they are entertaining and fun as well. That said, my passions for this genre is high and I just can’t get enough of these games. This brings us up to the release of Uncharted 4 and my ability to grab an early copy, but what did I think at the end of my adventure?

Uncharted 4 is a bold step in a more serious direction. Some people might be freaking out thinking that “oh no, they turned Nate into a serious character, void of all humor” no, no, no. While the story here gets more personally than ever before and is darker with more serious overtones, it still have the summer blockbuster cinematic flair and style that the other games did, along with the humor. I laughed consistently throughout the adventure, but at the same time there were moments I was genuinely concerned about the relationships Nate has. While some of you out there might think this is pertaining to people being in trouble, etc… no it’s not anything like that. The way these characters come together and some of the stuff going on in the background is what got me thinking, relating, and taking Drake more serious than ever before but also concerned. It’s really hard to describe without going into spoiler territory but rest assured, one moment I laughed, then some moments later, I was hit with much more somber thoughts. That’s all I’ll say about the story, aside from one aspect, the ending… and I thought it was the perfect way to finish the franchise. The rest I leave my lips sealed.

Gamplay here has been tweaked even more. Shooting feels extremely well and the feedback from enemies getting hit and the weight and sound of weapons “feels good” little details like the strap of a gun, flailing around when firing is a small detail but just thrilled me to see that in the game at all. The attention in the detail is great. The flow of shooting, to melee, to grappling with a hook all feel rather seamless and add to the intensity of fights. Especially as of now that there is much more verticality to the experience and with wider environments. The start of the game, in particular, feels much like the other Uncharted, more linear in nature, and plus a lot of character exposition and story building. Combat doesn’t even kick into play right away. It’s a gradual buildup. I’d even go as far to say that chapter 1 through 7 are sort of a tutorial/buildup and more in vein with the original games in size and scope. When chapter 8 comes, the training wheels are thrown off and things just get bigger, better, and more robust. This is where Naughty Dog simply unleashes the real meat and potatoes of the game and how different these moments feel suited with the new gameplay mechanics. Huge fire fights, stealth gameplay, the grapple, all can come into play during some of these huge explosive moments. Which also never really feel like wave after wave of bad guys. At least not at the start or for the most of the game. They did a great balance of making the fights seem more naturally occurring and more set to each specific location. Also you can surely play this like a third person cover shooter, but doing so might provide you less of an experience then if you take true advantage of the combat mechanics at play. It’s simply wonderful. The AI will try and flank you at times, or go straight towards you depending on if you’re hiding, blind firing, etc. Nothing plain, but also not exactly super different then what most players expect these days. The bullet sponge effect that the other games had also feels mostly gone. Sure late you start running into enemies that are more protected, but even then, they can be taken down much quicker if you have the knowledge how or their weak point. Still this ties back into the player feedback with shooting and it just feels great to aim and shoot in this game. You can even do so while swinging on a grapple, or jumping off a ledge. What about vehicle control? Those are fairly solid as well. I can’t really complain and I think they have some very cool ways of making it feel like players are actually using a jeep for off-roading and not just as a form of transportation. Let’s also talk exploration. Uncharted prior always had little path ways to check but were pretty linear in nature or hall like even at moments, maybe small little action hubs even. Uncharted 4 blows those out of the water to reveal some truly awesome locations to explore and different ways to get to those locations in the process. It makes treasure hunting fun, but also intense and much harder than before. Some levels had me scouring everywhere I could before I eventually moved on in defeat. I’ll be back for those for sure! Some I found were in tricky spots, others just sort of casually sitting there. Luckily chapter select shows how many treasures remain along with journal entries and optional dialog moments. I missed a bit of everything and surprisingly so as I felt pretty thorough. All this said, I couldn’t really ask for more from a gameplay perspective. Some folks are worried that due to some comments about set pieces not being as “bombastic” as the other games means there is a lack of these moments and I’m assuring you, there is no shortage of holy shit moments in this game, which a few had me screaming at my tv at what was happening on it display. So please don’t worry on that. Also puzzles, they are back and more in depth or elaborate then 1 or 2. Think more on part 3 levels. They take a back seat towards the end of the game mostly aside from one moment or two, but very well done and really enjoyable, a great maturing of that element in their games.

Graphically the game looks amazing. The lighting can at times just make locations and character look photo realistic. Yes sometimes things don’t look AS good as they do at other times but for the majority the game just is a site to behold. Can’t tell you how many vistas I’ve seen and moments I was breathless. Even enemies are highly detailed as I’ve seen in photo mode shots, which is going to be a feature many people use. This could be called Photo mode, the game! It’s hard to talk about this without spoiling things but just know, the amount of variety and depth in locations and exploring along with the insane visuals is just something to treasure. Sound wise I think the VA is great as usually and it really sells the more serious tones at times along with the humor. The sounds of guns and effects is what you’d expect. The music, while I really like it, does feel a bit different due to different composers, but I still felt it was extremely appropriate for the setting and along with what’s happening on screen. The main battle music I really enjoyed.

I got a whole heaping shit ton of praise for this game but I’m going to wrap this up. Uncharted 4 A Thief’s end is not a perfect game. It has a few moments I took some issues with. The start of the game is fairly heavy handed in cut scenes and story. Along with the more limited grandeur of levels at first and their play times, could get people thinking “what have you done to my Uncharted” rest assured, make it to chapter 8 and your doubts will start to melt away. So while it’s great for story and setting the game up, some might feel it’s a bit too little early on. That said there is still exploration, action, and intrigue all over those first 7 chapters, fear not. I think another issues some will have is with *you knew I was going to say this* the final boss encounter. I was visually blown away by it but I think some won’t care for the gameplay element at that point (will be interesting to hear others thoughts on that) A final note, the game runs smooth as hell looking as it does which is mighty impressive, but there was a few times I saw some framerate slowdown, sometimes due to battle, or sometimes simply for finding an area I’m exploring and turning the camera and running just caused it to chug. A little distracting but ultimately something that didn’t seem to rear its ugly head too often. . So hmm… let me think…. Yeah that’s about all the qualms I have with Uncharted 4. I have to say, currently as I’m typing this and letting the end results play over again in my head since finishing last night. This is definitely in my top 5 games of all time and my favorite third person shooter ever. Alan Wake, Quantum Break, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Vaquish, Binary Domain, Uncharted 1-3, The Evil Within, The Last of Us… all games I’ve truly enjoyed and loved and had a great time with (in various manners of enjoyment)… but this just blows them all away for me personally. From graphics to gameplay, combat scenarios, set pieces, puzzles, and story…. Uncharted 4 is the first system seller of this new console generation! If I didn’t have a PS4, I’d have to buy one for this, and everyone that doesn’t, I tell them they need to experience this game! I can’t get over how much this games story elements hit me, how I related to it in some subtle ways, and just how it all came to a close. Bravo Naughty Dog, you are truly amazing at your craft and a pioneer in cinematic gaming. I’ve yet to even get to experience the MP, but it could suck for all I know (it probably won’t) and still… I’d give this a 10 out of 10!

Some background before I dive into impressions so that you know my tastes. I am a gameplay first guy, you will find me argue gameplay over story all the time. That said I love a good story, just not at the expense of gameplay. My second favorite series is MGS because even though it has a huge story the gameplay is always top notch.

I am a huge fan of Naughty Dog and this series in particular. I think Uncharted 2 is one of the greatest games ever made and I maybe in the minority here but I think it's NDs best game, better than TLOU. I understand why TLOU is so loved but I am more of an action guy, I love action movies, I like the constant action uncharted gives than the more slow pace of TLOU. Why is U2 so special, because the pacing is pretty much perfect. They took the gameplay from the first and added vertical combat, the moving around the battlefield sets it apart from other TPSs. It's one of those near perfect sequels. U3 was more of the same but just felt like a bad copy with worse pacing, still great but it's not U2.

Ok now you know my stance on the series, I played about 4 hours and there was almost no combat yet I didn't care. The storytelling side is just so damn good, this is movie quality stuff. There is no difference between real acting and these virtual characters, every bit of body language and facial nuance is picked up, I am watching actual acting and I am so invested in this story. I already love these characters but this feels more like they are actual humans than some characters in an action movie, it's so compelling. I wouldn't mind watching uncharted 4 the movie it's so good.

That said it's still a game, interactivity is why this medium exists and I found myself engaged at the cool ways they present the story. I felt like I was in a David Cage game with the level of detail these environments have and the way you can explore. It's kind of what U3 was going for in some of those boring moments but this is done right. There is one moment that had me geeking out so much, you guys that played the game will probably know what it is. While it's doing all this the game is teaching you all the mechanics so it serves as a tutorial as well. I think it works so well because it does all this in so many different locations and situations and the story is always moving forward. Can it be boring in multiple play throughs, maybe, but I think if you power through it can be done very fast.

I took my sweet time because my jaw was on the floor at basically everything. This is without question the most beautiful game ever made. The level of detail present is staggering. Photo mode has loads of options and I spent a good hour just taking pictures of random plants, I couldn't help myself.

At some point though the game had to get going and I played through the first major action chapter and holy shit the action is incredible!! First thing you will notice is that shooting feels great, finally some weight to the bullets, it feels right. The game introduced the new stealth mechanics and it works like most every game with guards that get suspicious and go alert. The area I played wasn't large but it had multiple paths to take, to either hide or shoot. It's so great to have these options as it makes replaying each section a blast, I didn't mind dying.

One time I got seen so all hell broke loose, I jump out a balcony to reposition, guards were following, they are coming from all sides. I am playing on hard and these guys seem relentless. I was jumping into another room, they were jumping right after me. I turned and smashed one guard into a wall, took his gun, jumped out a window shot some guys from outside, jumped back in and went into hiding. Guards lost track of me so I was able to sneak up on some and snap some necks. In one area I got caught and like 5 guards came out so a huge firefight broke out. I died so the next time I didn't get caught and killed the three guards on patrol, no backup, no firefight. So that's the level of changes you can expect to see depending how you play.

In terms of AI they seem smart enough, they flank, take cover, use grenades. I think they lose track of you a bit too easily and they seem to go right back to their normal patrol. This is not MGS level sneaking here; I tried to shoot out some lights and that didn't work. Doesn't matter cause it's mostly about the action and this section ended in a massive scripted shootout. The environment was crumbling around me, I am rolling all over the place trying to get better weapons while avoiding fire. The music is pumping and it is AMAZING, my cover is being torn to shreds, my palms are sweaty, it's everything a great action sequence should be and it wasn't really a big setpiece, it was just a great firefight. If this game keeps this up it’s going to easily be the best game in the series.

This game feels special. It's definitely uncharted, mechanically most of it is the same but the refinement with the better shooting, alert states and larger areas make it feel like a true step forward from Uncharted 2. The story, graphics and presentation are at a whole different level. Man I can't wait to get out of work and play more tomorrow.

Just completed what I assume is the intro in about an hour (intro credits came up).

I wanted to chime in on Arne's comments and give my perspective on the intro. Is this the best Uncharted intro? Yes, easily and by far. UC2 is really the only competition and it really doesn't hold a candle to this one.

However, I think people are going to be pretty divided on whether or not the TLOU intro or this intro is better. I'm in the latter camp. I think this intro is paced better, lets the game breathe a bit more and slowly eases you into the tone and pacing of the game. What the TLOU intro has over this one and what I assume most will immediately compare it to is the emotional punch (which for me, really is the core of the intro). While UC4 gets pretty emotional, there's nothing quite like TLOU's gut punch.

tl;dr I think it's the best intro, though I could see why others would prefer TLOU's.

Edit: Another reason I really liked the intro was because it really just made me forget that this is Sam's first game. Like, wow.

Cross posting from other thread:

Just completed what I assume is the intro in about an hour (intro credits came up).

I wanted to chime in on Arne's comments and give my perspective on the intro. Is this the best Uncharted intro? Yes, easily and by far. UC2 is really the only competition and it really doesn't hold a candle to this one.

However, I think people are going to be pretty divided on whether or not the TLOU intro or this intro is better. I'm in the latter camp. I think this intro is paced better, lets the game breathe a bit more and slowly eases you into the tone and pacing of the game. What the TLOU intro has over this one and what I assume most will immediately compare it to is the emotional punch (which for me, really is the core of the intro). While UC4 gets pretty emotional, there's nothing quite like TLOU's gut punch.

tl;dr I think it's the best intro, though I could see why others would prefer TLOU's.

Edit: Another reason I really liked the intro was because it really just made me forget that this is Sam's first game. Like, wow.

Oh and another thing I forgot to mention.

The animations in this game are absolutely the best. But you probably knew that or had a feeling. However, the animations, combined with the TLOU-esque melee system and the contextual animations kicking in alongside the AI helping you...

Good fucking lord, I have never been more impressed with a brawl. Just the seamless way everything blends together.

Holy fuck.

A couple things:

1. The gunplay and movement is better than any game I've ever played. It's literally perfect.

2. The Easter Egg that may have been spoiled for some people is simply incredible. I was spoiled and I still loved it--won't say any more but I will say that if you think you were spoiled, you really weren't.

3. This game is paced amazingly well, just incredible.

4. Graphics are jaw-dropping. Never seen anything like it.

Back to the game!

Some background before I dive into impressions so that you know my tastes. I am a gameplay first guy, you will find me argue gameplay over story all the time. That said I love a good story, just not at the expense of gameplay. My second favorite series is MGS because even though it has a huge story the gameplay is always top notch.

I am a huge fan of Naughty Dog and this series in particular. I think Uncharted 2 is one of the greatest games ever made and I maybe in the minority here but I think it's NDs best game, better than TLOU. I understand why TLOU is so loved but I am more of an action guy, I love action movies, I like the constant action uncharted gives than the more slow pace of TLOU. Why is U2 so special, because the pacing is pretty much perfect. They took the gameplay from the first and added vertical combat, the moving around the battlefield sets it apart from other TPSs. It's one of those near perfect sequels. U3 was more of the same but just felt like a bad copy with worse pacing, still great but it's not U2.

Ok now you know my stance on the series, I played about 4 hours and there was almost no combat yet I didn't care. The storytelling side is just so damn good, this is movie quality stuff. There is no difference between real acting and these virtual characters, every bit of body language and facial nuance is picked up, I am watching actual acting and I am so invested in this story. I already love these characters but this feels more like they are actual humans than some characters in an action movie, it's so compelling. I wouldn't mind watching uncharted 4 the movie it's so good.

That said it's still a game, interactivity is why this medium exists and I found myself engaged at the cool ways they present the story. I felt like I was in a David Cage game with the level of detail these environments have and the way you can explore. It's kind of what U3 was going for in some of those boring moments but this is done right. There is one moment that had me geeking out so much, you guys that played the game will probably know what it is. While it's doing all this the game is teaching you all the mechanics so it serves as a tutorial as well. I think it works so well because it does all this in so many different locations and situations and the story is always moving forward. Can it be boring in multiple play throughs, maybe, but I think if you power through it can be done very fast.

I took my sweet time because my jaw was on the floor at basically everything. This is without question the most beautiful game ever made. The level of detail present is staggering. Photo mode has loads of options and I spent a good hour just taking pictures of random plants, I couldn't help myself.

At some point though the game had to get going and I played through the first major action chapter and holy shit the action is incredible!! First thing you will notice is that shooting feels great, finally some weight to the bullets, it feels right. The game introduced the new stealth mechanics and it works like most every game with guards that get suspicious and go alert. The area I played wasn't large but it had multiple paths to take, to either hide or shoot. It's so great to have these options as it makes replaying each section a blast, I didn't mind dying.

One time I got seen so all hell broke loose, I jump out a balcony to reposition, guards were following, they are coming from all sides. I am playing on hard and these guys seem relentless. I was jumping into another room, they were jumping right after me. I turned and smashed one guard into a wall, took his gun, jumped out a window shot some guys from outside, jumped back in and went into hiding. Guards lost track of me so I was able to sneak up on some and snap some necks. In one area I got caught and like 5 guards came out so a huge firefight broke out. I died so the next time I didn't get caught and killed the three guards on patrol, no backup, no firefight. So that's the level of changes you can expect to see depending how you play.

In terms of AI they seem smart enough, they flank, take cover, use grenades. I think they lose track of you a bit too easily and they seem to go right back to their normal patrol. This is not MGS level sneaking here; I tried to shoot out some lights and that didn't work. Doesn't matter cause it's mostly about the action and this section ended in a massive scripted shootout. The environment was crumbling around me, I am rolling all over the place trying to get better weapons while avoiding fire. The music is pumping and it is AMAZING, my cover is being torn to shreds, my palms are sweaty, it's everything a great action sequence should be and it wasn't really a big setpiece, it was just a great firefight. If this game keeps this up it’s going to easily be the best game in the series.

This game feels special. It's definitely uncharted, mechanically most of it is the same but the refinement with the better shooting, alert states and larger areas make it feel like a true step forward from Uncharted 2. The story, graphics and presentation are at a whole different level. Man I can't wait to get out of work and play more tomorrow.

Thanks guys for posting my impressions. I am still early on and can answer any questions.

To the question about destructible environments, yes there are spots where stuff breaks all over. It's mostly cosmetic, some cover does disintegrate.

JTripper

This thread is already getting me to the point of excitement where I'm actually uncomfortable that I won't be able to play this game for another week.

I think I might just replay TLoU right now to keep me distracted.

Venom Fox

Banned
Short and snappy impressions.

Gunplay is fucking amazing, some of the best feeling gunplay I've had the pleasure of controlling. Weapons feel and sound weighty and they feel like they pack a punch.

Graphics are on another level. Best overall presentation I've witnessed. Usually games are all over the place with some areas looking good and some looking bad. Uncharted looks good no matter what. Consistency with graphics is a big draw for me and ND have delivered consistency.

Story wise I'll have to agree with Arne when he says the opening chapter is better than the last of us. Granted TLOU made me tear up. TLOU made me emotional and no other game has come close. Uncharted 4 however gives us a chapter that's close to (or longer if your exploring) an hour long which sets the scene and tone of the game on another level.

I could go deeper into the gameplay systems etc but I'm saving that for a later date when I've played enough to get a fuller picture.i

With the way GAF is talking about it, Im kind of expecting IGN to give it a 10/10. They seem to hand those out much more often these days anyway

psychotron

This thread is already getting me to the point of excitement where I'm actually uncomfortable that I won't be able to play this game for another week.

I think I might just replay TLoU right now to keep me distracted.

This. It's getting very difficult not having it.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
Thanks guys for posting my impressions. I am still early on and can answer any questions.

To the question about destructible environments, yes there are spots where stuff breaks all over. It's mostly cosmetic, some cover does disintegrate.

Thank you for your impressions!

How does it compare mechanically to MGSV? I loved the beta and thought it was the best playing tps mechanically alongside MGSV but I know the MP was 60 fps. Given that the SP is 30 fps does it still feel mechanically as satisfying?

With the way GAF is talking about it, Im kind of expecting IGN to give it a 10/10. They seem to hand those out much more often these days anyway

Much less actually. AAA games this gen have been facing hard times to achieve universal acclaim.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I've never wanted to replay any Uncharted, and I loved UC2.

Doesn't mean it lacked it for others though. I replay very few games.

I am working my way through the Uncharted Collection right now and the games definitely hold up if you have not played them since release (like me).

Not faulting you for not replaying though, this is one of those rare occasions where I have actually done it before a game's sequel.

Revven

Okay we must now know for 100% certain the answer to this question:

Are Tweaks (weapons, character skins, the antigrav, black & white and etc) in this game? More importantly, do character skins affect the cutscenes -- or do they force Drake to always be Drake even if you use a different character skin (i.e Sully or someone else)? How many character skins are there? Comparable to UC2 or is it much more the size of UC3 in the Nathan Drake Collection with over 80+ character skins?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I am working my way through the Uncharted Collection right now and the games definitely hold up if you have not played them since release (like me).

Not faulting you for not replaying though, this is one of those rare occasions where I have actually done it before a game's sequel.

While I agree to an extent, they definitely don't have the same impact given how groundbreaking it was for the time.

JTripper

I'm excited to listen to Greg and Colin "review" it since they're the guys who reviewed UC3 and TLoU for IGN and gave both games a 10, respectively.

Top Bottom