• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Zero Time Dilemma Preorders - Aksys Watch Tax in Europe is 10x Atlus Tax!

DNAbro

Some people including myself were freaking out a bit about the watch edition not being updated for shipping and then I found this on reddit

ZEIuPWX.png

and then there was this from Aksys
https://twitter.com/Aksys_Danny/status/746390823072194560

So looks like it is delayed. Waiting on the full confirmation but it looks like it's happening

EDIT: Confirmed

@Aksys_Danny mentioned a glitch with the bonus watch editions of ZTD.
Quick facts- Neither version of the game is delayed. The watch will be

https://twitter.com/aksysgames/statu...65485294698496

ZTD preorder bonus game/watch bundles were damaged in transit. The watches were sent back to the factory, but game units are on time.

https://twitter.com/aksysgames/statu...66243826180096

If you preordered ZTD w/ watch, you'll get the game, but the watches will be a few weeks behind. You WILL STILL GET YOUR WATCH.

https://twitter.com/aksysgames/statu...67065318379520
welp

georly

I figured this is what was going on. I'm in no rush personally but I understand how others can be worried.

As long as the game comes in on time I don't care. If it doesn't I am buying it on Steam day 1. I will play this game.

Also, don't post any spoilers in this thread unlike the review thread.

Jerks :(

BTA

I would say this explains why the way Amazon was listing it as "delivered" for so long, but it's been that way for months so even that probably doesn't explain it.

I was really afraid the game would show up late, though, so I'm happy they're saying this much.

Word on Reddit is that Amazon doesn't even have their stock for the game in their warehouses yet and people with Amazon preorders might not even be getting the game on release day. Which really sucks because I preordered this close to an entire year ago.

DNAbro

Word on Reddit is that Amazon doesn't even have their stock for the game in their warehouses yet and people with Amazon preorders might not even be getting the game on release day. Which really sucks because I preordered this close to an entire year ago.

This would be the opposite of okay.

BTA

Ugh, seriously? That's really, really disappointing.

Ponn

Banned
I still can't see how a shipper like Amazon is going to be ok with this or how they would even be able to track or deal with it. I'm guessing either Amazon will cancel the preorders and say fuck it or make people wait till the watches come in and ship it together.

Frivolous collector edition tat strikes again.

Amazon + Aksys stay fucking up. They had the same issue with the Guilty Gear Xrd LEs back in 2014.

Tohsaka

Damn, I really hope this doesn't happen.

You can't anymore?

Yes , you still can, i can literally see the "cancel item" button right now, since the watch edition still has no shipping date, so the order can be cancelled

one theory I have is, i suppose they will send an email asking customers if they want the game or wait until the watch is ready, upon confirmation they will decide if they include a new order for a game (like giving you a 100% discount in the bundle order, but charging you the game), and once the watch is complete, they will only send you the watch, fulfilling the bundle order

tedious, but probable, and since it entirely depends in your order history, won't be a chance to trick amazon

I can add to this, and it seems likely that they don't even have the game yet because I preordered the regular version from Amazon 6 months ago and I just got an email saying it is listed to ship on 6/28 with arrival on 6/30. I have Amazon Prime so everything should arrive release date.

Eblo

Welp, pre-order cancelled. Will go digital version but which one?

Those who have played the game already reported issues of like 2 fps during intensive moments on the 3DS version. As far as I am aware, that's the only significant difference besides the clear distinction in graphics between the three versions.

Wanderer5

Those who have played the game already reported issues of like 2 fps during intensive moments on the 3DS version. As far as I am aware, that's the only significant difference besides the clear distinction in graphics between the three versions.

Really? Damn even more glad I finally let go of it and is going with the Steam version if so then.

varkuriru

Yeah, Steam version seems the better one to get and the mini OST bonus is neat since the music seems to be great. I hope I can get over the 2 day delay though.

Not bothered by this. Even with Prime and pre ordering a year in advance I would have still received the game a week later cuz no release day delivery to PR. As long as they get delivered eventually im cool.

Labrys

I guess I can go Steam if there really is a big delay on my Amazon orders, but I really wanted to play this on the 28th. I hope things get cleared up.

Hedgey

Did we ever even get details on the watch? Pictures? An announcement? Anything? I search it and all I get is an Amazon page with no info.

I bought the watch edition blindly because I was a fan of the other games, but a little bit concerned we haven't even seen a design.

Thud

Well I have to wait anyway, but I'm curious what they will do considering I'm importing from Europe.

Top Bottom