• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters coming to PS4, Vita, Steam in the West

eefara

Interesting. What's different from the original? It's been on my list for a while, but I never got around to it.

Yeah, really weird announcement considering how little fanfare there was for the first game. Kinda miffed since I just got vanilla version a month ago, didn't even know this version existed until today. Would have waited if I had known...

cj_iwakura

white-kid-dance-club.gif

Honestly didn't expect this, the original is a (very underrated) gem.

Must have done well for them.

Yasumi

Banned
Yesss, I got partway through the first one, knowing this is coming out will get me through the rest. Can't wait.

Did not expect this at all. I almost got the vanilla version a while back when it went on sale, but now I'm glad I passed. I'll go for the PS4 version at some point.

Tohsaka

I bought the PS3 version of the original when it came out, but never got around to opening it. I might just sell it now and get the PS4 version of this when it releases.

kunonabi

Loved the original but didn't have the time to 100% it. I guess I'll wait for the PS4 before I get back into it.

salromano

It's out on PS4/PS3/Vita on September 20. PS4 version physical, the rest are digital.

No PC version. I contacted Aksys about it.

Edit: Meaning no PC version at all. That was misreported.

Aksys has been really poor at conveying what is different about this version of the game.
It's out on PS4/PS3/Vita on September 20. PS4 version physical, the rest are digital.

No PC version. I contacted Aksys about it.

PC version is at a later date or it's canceled?

Taruranto

What did they enhance?

I liked the original, but it kinda felt short. The game kept introducing characters who can join your party up to the last chapters.

Dot-N-Run

Nice to hear.

The ad for the original version is still there on the featured page that pops up whenever I turn on my Playstation TV. I get the feeling that it will be there until the end of time.

Tizoc

Awesome!
Will def get it on pc
Got so frustrated with the initial combat on the vita =_=
I am willing to take Ls for that and apologize to my fellow gaffers
Edit: wait no pc?
But it has waifus! It can sell on pc!
Aksys plssssssssa

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I liked tokyo twilight and i would like to get more, too bad there's no expansion dlc for the base version :(

Taruranto

Kinda weird that it's getting a PS3 version but no Steam.

Awesome!
Will def get it on pc
Got so frustrated with the initial combat on the vita =_=
I am willing to take Ls for that and apologize to my fellow gaffers
Edit: wait no pc?
But it has waifus! It can sell on pc!
Aksys plssssssssa

It has more husbandos than waifu. ;C

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Hopefully the gameplay is better than the first one, felt so complicated that I stopped after 1 hour. :(

The game looks waaaaaay more complex than what it really is, in fact in the beginning it's really hard to get it, but once you understand how it works(you just have to guess what ghosts will do and act accordingly) it becomes very easy, give it another try.

I really need to stop buying these games on the cheap when I know there's an untranslated EX version. I always end up having to double-dip. That said, knowing my luck, watch Tokyo Xanadu be the one game they DON'T bring over the EX version for.

I was interested in the original release, but the reviews put me off admittedly. All the accusations of it being needlessly obtuse and cryptic were enough to ward me off. If a lot of those problems are ironed out though, I'd bite on the PS4 version. I like playing visual novels on the big screen for some reason.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I bought the original when it was on sale a few months back and still have yet to play it. I'm still chipping at my massive Vita backlog, so it may take a while for me to get to this one. Even though this is an enhanced version, I'd still like to play the original version. I'm currently playing Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, but it seems like a lengthy game.

Top Bottom