• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Trucks Official Trailer - How does this movie exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exodust

Banned
I'm bored and completely uninteresting individual, so naturally with that in mind I decided to look through random movie trailers on youtube. Tis how I discovered this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQGawWqJdfs

My first thought was "Who says Hollywood is out of original ideas?" and my second was "What the hell is this?".

With the pedigree of renowned filmmaker Chris Wedge and a cast that looks straight out of a Disney Channel original, you'd think this would be talked about more. Alas you need to be attached to a famous brand to get noticed in this world of social media and emojis. This Boy and his Blob remake will surely be the feel good story of the year. The moment in the trailer where all the monster trucks come together is nothing short of immaculate.

Discuss your excitement and personal theories on where the cinematic universe can go here.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I can see why kids would like it. Remember those toy vehicles from the 90's that, if you pressed a little lever, revealed that the car or plane was actually a monster with teeth? This is just that, slapped onto E.T.

I mean fucking Herbie has been a thing for decades.

Spinoff90

I can see why kids would like it. Remember those toy vehicles from the 90's that, if you pressed a little lever, revealed that the car or plane was actually a monster with teeth? This is just that, slapped onto E.T.

I mean fucking Herbie has been a thing for decades.

Loved the Hot Wheels Attack Pack as a kid. So yeah I can see kids liking this too.

Oersted

It looks like fun. And hey, atleast it's kinda original. Sure it's mysterious creature being protected by a teenager, but the concept is neat.

We've already had at least one, if not two threads on this movie asking basically the same thing. It's a harmless kid's movie that looks like it takes heaps of inspiration from old 80s/90's fantastical kids adventure movies.

My favorite post from one of the other threads was a GAFfer that worked on it and said they had to completely redesign the monsters because the original screening had kids literally screaming and running from the theater.

It's not that it looks bad(it does) it's that it even exists. Which for me is strange.

What?

Um, what exactly are you trying to say?

It's a movie about monster trucks. That's probably how it got greenlit. There's probably an exec right now going "oh, MONSTER trucks".

Exodust

Banned
Why doesn't this movie aimed at children appeal to me, an adult?!?

But I was told kids movies like this don't exist anymore, Scooter. Imagine my shock and awe.
What?

Um, what exactly are you trying to say?

It's a movie about monster trucks. That's probably how it got greenlit. There's probably an exec right now going "oh, MONSTER trucks".

Guess I didn't expect a movie like it would exist in this day and age. Not as a "This is so inferior" type of way, in a "I thought movies like this don't exist anymore" kind of way. Hell, can't say I'm offended by it, thought it looked really silly and it was worth making a thread over, forgot to search to find out that there was another one already.

Ooh I want to see that!

I went back through the other thread and found it. Turns out it wasn't a GAFfer but someone from another forum:

c895ea334711.jpg

DiscoJer

Didn't we have a thread about this a few months ago?

What always blows my mind is Steel Justice. You know Truckasaurus from The Simpsons? Well, this stars the robot truck it was based on, as a kids toy that transforms into a giant vigilante robot.

Was a pilot for a TV Show. Starring Joan Chen, whose career apparently was at a low point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p9Y8GqJ8p4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom