• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided I Review Thread I I asked for this

Volotaire

mankind2.jpg

AGGREGATORS

SCORED REVIEWS

FOREIGN LANGUAGE REVIEWS

NON - SCORED REVIEWS

• Eurogamer (Edwin Evans-Thirlwell): Recommended (PS4):

Deus Ex's mix of shooting and stealth continues to flourish under Eidos Montreal, though the story isn't a match for the setting.
  • RPS (Graham Smith):

Mankind Divided is a new version of one of my favourite games of all time and free from the execution problems that hampered that last iteration. The levels are bigger and prettier. There are no dumb boss fights. It gives you slightly more agency over its story. The new abilities are nice, even if they don’t dramatically alter the flow of the game. There still aren’t that many games like Deus Ex around and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is an excellent game like Deus Ex.
  • PC World (Hayden Dingman)

Despite all that, I’m enjoying it. Usually these sorts of nail-my-hands-to-the-mouse-and-WASD review periods are a slog, sitting at a desk ten or more hours a day trying frantically to beat an embargo. But Deus Ex? I’m having a hell of a good time, and I keep looking up only to realize another hour’s gone by while I futzed around with a murder investigation or hacked my fellow officemate’s computers.
  • ArsTechnica (Sam Machkovech): PC/PS4

Buy. Buy the heck out of this game.
  • Wired (Jake Muncy)
    Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Tries, and Fails, to Be a Political Game
  • The Verge (Adi Robertson)
    Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is a competent game in a confusing world

VIDEO REVIEWS

SPECIAL THANKS

• cleveridea: correction of a link
  • BigBoss007: correction of translation
    [*]killercow
    [*]Tapejara
    [*]AHA-Lambda
    [*]31GhostsIV
    [*]Beck
    [*]Xater
    [*]FelipeMGM
    [*]get2sammyb
    [*]Carn82
    [*]SecondVariety
    [*]Kenzodielocke
    [*]tomchoucrew
    [*]killercow
    [*]Sendou
    [*]McDougles
    [*]Rushster
    [*]Grim Patron
    [*]ekim
    [*]ChaosSmurf
    [*]Bitsnark
    [*]MHWilliams
    [*]TC McQueen
    [*]InquisitorAles
    [*]Fat4all
    [*]inm8num2
    [*]Golden_Pigeon

It's a 7/10 from us at Push Square:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is an intricate, intelligent journey through a well crafted cyberpunk world. Eidos Montreal's creation tries its hand at many things, offering an impressive amount of player choice, but it struggles to excel in any one particular area. As a result, we're left with a game that's solid when taken as a whole, but flawed when analysed piece by piece. Still, a great art style, a compelling plot, and a rewarding sense of progression do a lot to bolster the experience, ultimately contributing to a successful sequel.

http://www.pushsquare.com/reviews/ps4/deus_ex_mankind_divided

Glass

Time to sit back and enjoy watching the reviews come rolling in. JK I'm at work and my lunch break just finished

Carn82

Eurogamer: recommended
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-08-19-deus-ex-mankind-divided-review
Mankind Divided is a smart, handsome and weighty addition to the stealth-action genre, an oily, ornate hunk of cyber-noir adventuring whose elegance and flexibility shine through its mechanical flaws and occasionally hasty writing. And there are those times when it threatens to be something more - times when it ventures out of its lavishly accoutred comfort zone, just a little, and manages to say something intriguing and provocative about how societies operate.

High-Def Digest 4.5/5

http://games.highdefdigest.com/37321/deus_ex_mankind_divided_digital_review_ps4.html

As a game, 'Deus Ex: Mankind Divided' has the power to draw me in. That's a power seldom seen at this level, where rebellious heroes and evil organizations are a dime a dozen. With enveloping gameplay, a stimulating story, a signature art style, an excellent soundtrack, and the spin-off-worthy Breach Mode, 'Mankind Divided' is well worth the time and expenditure.

ChazGW7

Can't believe that PCGamer review doesn't mention the PC performance at all? It was reviewed on a 970 atleast, so maybe its not as scary as everyone is making it out to be if he doesn't even bring it up in the review.

Regginator

To be fair, the story of the Human Revolution wasn't exactly a top of the drawer kind of story. It was serviceable at best.

I really liked HR's story personally so if that is what PC Gamer means with "story doesn't do it justice", I'm kinda okay with it.

Sendou

Mankind Divided is a new version of one of my favourite games of all time and free from the execution problems that hampered that last iteration. The levels are bigger and prettier. There are no dumb boss fights. It gives you slightly more agency over its story. The new abilities are nice, even if they don’t dramatically alter the flow of the game. There still aren’t that many games like Deus Ex around and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is an excellent game like Deus Ex.

Rock, Paper, Shotgun

McDougles

My staffer at App Trigger completed our review. He gave it an 8.5/10.

Ambitious, operatic and downright sexy, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is a no brainer for anyone who enjoyed Human Revolution. This is a game that has a lot to say, perhaps too much at times, yet it still manages to hugely entertain as an intelligently designed piece of sci-fi noir, complete with surface-level (yet disturbingly relevant) political allegories. Mankind Divided isn’t quite the masterpiece that Human Revolution was for its time back in 2011, but it’s a more than worthy sequel that delivers a breadth of quality entertainment that few other games on the triple-A market are offering these days.

The story part has me a little worried. What did they say about DXHR's story?

different reviewer and higher score(94), but

The full story is vast and complex, crammed into every corner of Human Revolution's world. Every apartment you break into, every secret room you find, every rooftop you clamber across has little scraps of personality and history to read and interpret. It's a story-junky's blissful overdose.

Top Bottom